Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, January '05

wow thats great about Asha Kelly! She's a star... you must be so busy atm... when are you going back to work?

Woohoo to Asha !!!!!! and yay on being 7mths. It all goes too quickly doesn't it.

Love

katanya Guest

Woohoo Asha on the crawling!! and congratulations on turning 7 mths~~!

Felix started comando crawling, well sort of caterpillar crawling actually 8-[ I think it's all hard going for now on! I took a few pics of him..here is a link to them:
    http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANmzVqzaMmzDmA

Unfortunately his motivation was the TV remote..shows what his motivations are!

Christy: What is the wheezing noise like? Felix's is more like a grunt, like the monica seles grunt you know like he' exerting energy..maybe it just normal I don't know?

Not really understanding what a storm chaser is girls, but is it some one who follows a storm?? Why?

Felix turned 8 mths on the weekend, somebody gave a us a second hand toy car and we put him on it, and as you can see in the photos he ascolutely LOVED it!
    http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANmzVqzaMmzDdg

Hi Katanya

Yep a storm chaser is just that someone that chases storms. We are a part of a severe weather association so we get out there and document and record storms, and is heavily into Lightning photography as well.

Gorgeous photos

Love

katanya Guest

a storm chaser is just that someone that chases storms. We are a part of a severe weather association so we get out there and document and record storms, and is heavily into Lightning photography as well.
    AHHH!! makes sense now, are you one?

Yep I am Katanya. I was the State Rep for our association till last week when I quit as I just don't have time for all the committee stuff atm with both the boys on the go and my BB addiction LMAO, so have just gone back to being a normal member.

Love

katanya Guest

Yep I am
    AHH explains why there is a storm in your avatar #-o

Millies Mum Guest

Hi to all Mums out there,
    I have only just joined so will quickly intro myself.
    My name is Brooke and I am mummy to 8 mth Amilia and am currently
    TTC #2.
    Lots of people have said to wait but Millie is very full on -crawling since 6 mths and now trying to walk, so kind of figure it can't get too much more chaotic. Will read some past pages and try to catch up with who everyone is .
    Brooke

Hey Brooke

Yay at joining us !!!!!!!!! Great to have you hear. Look forward to getting ot know you better

Love

Welcome Brooke!! Can't wait to hear more about Amilia!! My son Aidyn is 8 months too (well, 8 & a half ) Looking forward to chatting with you some more!

Katanya - those are gorgeous piccies!! He looks like he is really loving that car!! And WELL DONE Felix on the crawling!!! =D>
    Just thought I would mention something you may or may not be interested in... I have been buying a few jars of this 'creamy rice pudding' it is the 'Only Organic' brand, and I was looking at the nutirional information on the back today and it seems to contain a fair bit more Fat and Kilojoules than the custards! I have been mixing it up with mashed banana for Aidyn but now that I know how fatty it is I might give it a miss, as I think it has been contributing to Aidyns chubbier cheeks of late. Btw, it tastes so bland when plain, so it is best to mix with fruit or something, then it tastes great! Just thought I would mention it anyway.

Christy - Matilda is such an amazing little girl!! Sounds like you are all having a lot of fun!

Happy 7 months Asha, and well done!!!

ARGH!! My baby is soon going to be the only one not crawling, and he is one of the oldest... 8-[
    I am going to see a CHN tomorrow, so I will see what she says, but I seriously think it is because he is so heavy...

Aidyn has also been really sweet this past week, giving lots of kisses to me!! I will say 'kiss kiss!' and he will smooch my cheek.. not with puckered lips yet, but with his tongue half out, LOL. It is very sloppy but it is soooooo sweet!!

katanya Guest

Hi Brooke a HUGE warm welcome to you and Amilia!! :smt039
    Good luck with trying to conceive #2, if you feel ready, I think you are wise in ignoring the advice, there are a few girls with babies similar ages in here and are pregnant too! I am waiting till ened of the year (Felix is 8 mths too) only because I am selfish and want one toilet trained before I have another! From what I have seen every age gap has it's +'s and -'S

Ambah don't worry about the crawling, some babies don't crawl until they are 18 mths old! It just depends on how keen they are to get around I guess and individual personalities? I don't think it would be to do with his weight. Believe me puting him down and going to the kitchen to find him across the room chewing on my DP's belt is quite alarming, I have finally put the plug protectors I bough ages ago in the power sockets! and take up at electrical cords when I found him tugging and chewing on the fan cord.

that is SO cute with the kisses I still get the open mouthed sloppy kind..
    Thanks for the rice pudding idea, I have been looking for more high calorie foods, he has been eating SO well all week and the yesterday and hardly ate a thing! I don't know whether he was sick of the food he was offered or just not hungry? ](*,) Maybe it's because he's learnt something new?
    Anyhow got to get back to my caterpillar!

Well I got back from seeing the CHN this morning, and she said Aidyn is doing just fine. He is in the top 96% for his length (76.5cm) and 97% for his weight (10.8kg). That means he has put on less than 1kg in the past 2.5 months, which is great cause it means his weight gain is finally plateuing out.
    She said not to be concerned about his crawling, he will get there in his own time, when his thigh muscles are developed enough to carry his heavy weight, she thinks it will be another month or so...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that yesterday he clapped his hands for the first time, and he can also sit up by himself now from a complete lying down position!

Yeah definitely don't be concerned with him not crawling LMAO. Longer the better TRUST US !!

Hahahahaha

Love

LOL Thats fantastic Ambah!! Hopefully MAtilda won't give him any lessons .

Welcome Brooke! I look forward to getting to know you better & learning of Amelia's patterns!

katanya are you ready for the movement? LOL!! Matilda took 3 days of commando to get really really fast... scary!

well...we went to swimming this morning & got home & Matilda slept for 2 hours!!! Enough time to shower & do a treatment on my hair & paint my nails!! OMG!! I was a bit pampered today! I even watched a DVD!!! Scary... I have loads of washing up to do & more laundry and instead I put my feet up & painted my toenails! LMAO!

katanya Guest

Ambah glad to hear you got some reassurance from the CHN, it's hard when your baby is the last to do something (even though I would been quite happy to be the last person standing without a crawler!) Crawling is a double edged sword, you know that it is an important part of development, but then as soon as they do it means you can't really leave them without an eagle eye and your floor has to be free of hazards!

WOW at the getting up to a sitting position from laying down, Felix can't do THAT! Aidyn must have all his strength in his arms! His weight is at the top end but not enormous, my friend's baby who is more than a month younger than Aidyn is bigger, around 11kgs! If weight is a factor in crawling then Felix should be flying across the room! He IS very good at standing up and pulling up, I attribute this to very large feet and being a lightweight!

Christy great to hear that matilda slept so long AND that you spent the time pampering yourself! Wonderful! Hmm not sure if Felix is anything like our fearless Matilda, but well I guess I don't have much choice about the movement 8-[

Millies Mum Guest

Hi all, and thanks for making me welcome!
    Ambah I wouldn't worry about his weight, my CHN said that in WA they are no longer weighing or measuring unless requested by parents. As long as they don't look unhealthy and are reaching milestones, weight/height is irrelevant. Once they are on the move they thin out, Amilia was 4.2kg born (98th percentile ) and is now 60th percentile and can't put weight on despite eating like a pig.
    Thanks for the advice about TTC we have decided to ignore neg. advice but are not telling people we are TTC, less pressure that way.
    Am stuck inside due to horrible bushfires and smog blanketing all of Perth, not great for me or Millie as we both suffer fiom Asthma, so will probably pop back in later.
    Hope all your little ones are sleeping
    Brooke

:shock: Matilda's on her feet.... OMG!!! Today she just does it over and over again, I found her in her cot on her feet holding onto the side of the cot and just now in her playpen too...oh dear....

Welcome to bellybelly Brooke!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast