Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #16

Good Afternoon all
    Apollo Bay was really nice! had a ball Gav rode really well in the race - he completed 55klm's in 3.3 hours so he was really happy! the hills were horrible - I thought you couldn't even drive up them but gav was riding up them! 250 people had to pull out coz it was too hard. I'll upload a photo for you guys later
    Charlie run a muck at the caravan park - he crawled everywere and we went swimming bot hdays so that was fun. we must of tired him out from the big weekend coz he just slep over 3 hours on the way home.

Anyway best go unpack some stuff.

Will BBL to do personals.

Jac

P.S - Mitch what is the dirty weekend for ???- I know its not your wedding aniversery coz we got married on the same day! is is a belated birthday pressie?

abs Guest

I know about the driving home Jac - Jordy slept the whole way home from the hunter valley last tuesday.

Our little man is so wanting to stand up without hanging onto things anymore - he has managed it for a few seconds at a time now. He also knows when he's about to topple coz his reflexes are lightning quick to grabbing onto something again

He was a little trouper today - we went out ring-shopping and he really only slept between shopping centres and then not for very long.

Started in Leichhardt to a place where Jen knew they did specific request stuff, but seems to have changed direction - basically everything on display was, in Jens words, "costume jewelry". She didn't really want to spend much on her ring, maybe even only $500, so I had no idea on what we were gonna get for her for that

Off to another shopping centre in Leichhardt (she was living in the suburb when we first started going out) - first shop yuk - the guy was "i do you a good deal" over and over... went to another and oh boy. I found 2 rings I liked (for me...) - found out my left ring finger is a Z+1 size, well we guessed it was. Hopefully they are ringing me back with a price for one of them tomorrow... took a photo of it with my phone which then died with a flat battery, so can't compare it to others to be seen (later when I recharged my phone, it's not a very good shot... probably too close to it), Tis maybe 4?mm wide, white gold on the outside rims with yellow & rose gold pattern inside. The other was very similar but 2 shades of yellow gold - I think, not having an image of it, my recall of it is blurred now

We then had some lunch and headed off via some detours so Jordy could sleep a little longer in the car, to another major shopping centre. Visited several jewelers and about to walk into another and we come across our exhousemate who now lives over the road, plus a friend of his. Now they dont know we're getting married, so we chatted to them until they walked off.

Jen's hoping that I like some of the rings in some of these jewelers to do a double purchase and get better prices, but none really catch my eye to be honest. Some even pickup on my "dislike". Anyway we finally get rid of Gary and Kasey and go into a Vivienne's store - Jen finds the one she wants. Tis more than double want she was thinking of, but is VERY happy with it... tis well under what I was willing to spend, so that has her sorted. I still dont really like anything they have

Jen has bargained them down a fair bit on her ring, and to get a price on the double with the "best" of what they had, but I dont want it I've decided. I've also changed my mind on the colour of the earlier ring to go with the other - it willa ctually go with the colour layout on my watch & watchband quite well

Both rings need to be sorted out size wise, be it adjusted or freshly made in the correct size, but at least that is now sorted - sweet. 7 weeks left as of earlier today

Jen has also told her good friend from Melbourne who will be up next weekend... they are going "whatever shopping" on Friday. Nic is sooo excited. And my sister Penny reckons she knows something is going on too - damn little sneak, she can ask just the right questions and I soo have to be on guard coz one slip and she'll know for certain

Oh and all the staff at the stores fell for Jordy, especially when he pulls out his grin - wraps em around any finger he likes he does

Hope you've all had a good weekend, no doubt a certain young lady in NZ has

well - ive had a bad morning already!
    Remember i was telling you about the friend of ours who's wife was cheating on him for 2 years well gavin rung this morning and he had hung himself. It is so sad - he has 2 children.

Anyway i better go get things ready for the day.

Jac

abs Guest

yikes

so sad some people have no idea of how their actions affect others (initially thinking here about HER, then also what he has now done). Hope you guys are okay - and thoughts go out to the children

oh gosh Jacci thats terrible. I hope you are ok and thinking of his poor children at this time.

omg Jacci our sympathies

Abs sounds like you had quite an adventure

Mitch I Hope you had a great W/E

as for us well Declan keeps forgetting he can't walk and he pulls himself up on something and then reaches for something letting go of what was keeping him up he stands for a bit and then crashes has hit his head so many times today!

I have to try and get him to open clinic on thursday I am keen to know how much he weighs and how long he is he hasn't been measure since 6mths I think it was maybe 7! Im not looking forward to the interigation that I will get from the clinic nurses over his sleeping issues!

Been busy dropping off AVON broshures today there are lots of good specials so I should make a bit this month I reckon which will be handy!

I think I have put all the weight I had lost back on how sad lately I have been so bloated and it is just yuky every time af comes I think I put on at least a kg!

becky - I hate AF time - feels like i put on a kilo everytime too! What sleeping issues does Declan have - I have probably read about them but please remind me again!

Well there's photo's of my gavi on the website now - he came 32nd out of 280 people so he is really quite happy with that for his first race.

Abs - I initially thought about HER too - but then i thought i know she did the wrong thing but no one deserves to live with that on there shoulders for the rest of there lives - so now i actually feel sorry for her. its funny how i have gone from being really angry at her to feeling sorry for her.

abs Guest

Yeah, I do know what you mean Jac re her too, it simply is such a hard thing to even fathom, regardless of the reason, be it work (like Penny's BIL) or relationship problems like your friend - I cannot even think of not wanting to see Jordy grow up

Jacci = Declan just doesn't sleep very well wakes up sometimes every hour and then wont go back to sleep sometimes he has gotten better lately he only woke 4 times last night so that was pretty good fingers cross it is 3 or less tonight and he sleeps past 6 say to 7:30 would be great!

Becky - you poor thing you must be buggered! I have been hinging that charlie wakes up once a night ( i am now stopping my whinging!!!!) Hope he sleeps thru for you soon!

Hello lovelies!

Jac - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. How old are his children? Hope that you and Gav are ok.

Becky - I can totally sympathise with you hon. Janae used to have really broken sleep like that too. Unfortunately I don't even have any tips for you coz she did it until just after Josiah was born (not to scare you - I'm sure Declan will grow out of it really soon)

Mitch - hope you had a great weekend.

Theresa - Yay on the tooth. Been meaning to ask - is Em still tube-fed? Has she put on any weight since she started on it? Has Georgie been showing the same sensitivities, or is she more tolerant?

abs - Glad Jen found a ring that she likes. Hope you find one soon. I thought I must of missed something with you adding your wedding to your ticker - but then I realised you've been talking about it on here anyway! DOH - blonde moment!!! Jordy is looking gorgeous btw...and so much hair

everything ok on this front. Josiah has been walking along furniture like crazy, and stands on his own for a few seconds quite often (as I'm typing this I'm sure I've said it before - sorry if I'm repeating myself) Not so many bumps and bruises now that he knows to grab onto something - well not so many tears anyway, i think he's just numb to the pain after doing it so often! Nothing else new though.

I'm off to bed - had a horror night with both of the kids last night and it has left me wrecked today. Praying for a better night tonight.

Bel

abs Guest

hope you sleep/slept well Bel - I'm up doing stupid Blood Sugar tests at 3f'n am

He does have a heap of blonde hair doesn't he... had his 1st swimming lesson yesterday - LOVED it. And came back with this cute twirl at the front - completely forgot to take a picture of it

When I was out at lunch, well when I got back, left my mobile in the car. The jeweller rang and left the price of the ring I told em I wanted. Damn, it's 70% of the price of Jen's ! Gotta get the price of the other one so will be calling back during business hours

I have to go into RPA (Royal Prince Alfred) hospital by 8.45 (means fighting Sydney morning traffic - the RPA is on the CBD outskirts - argh) for some test that's gonna take an hour or so, so will check in around lunchtime

OMG Jacci, that's terrible. That is very sad.
    I feel sorry for the kids. If she didnt want to hurt or be hurt she would've told him b4 having an affair. Sorry, just my POV, no offence intended.
    Both my parents attempted suicide around the time I was 18 (at diff times) & that was horrible, yes I agree Abs, they don't think how it will affect those left behind. And my mums dad committed suicide when mum was 13, so u'd think she would've known better, however they did loose their 2yo son from drowning. A work colleague did a murder suicide coz his wife was havin an affair, he left behind a few kids too. (he jumped off a cliff at same place/park we got married at few wks later)
    Wow Jacci, u & hubby are just incredible with ur fitness, puts me to shame.

Becky, that must be hard, hope u get some answers/ideas or that Declan decides to start sleeping thru of his own accord, real soon.

Oh Bel, here's to a good nights sleep.

WTG on finding the rings Abs. Hope all goes well at hosp.

Well Charlie and i hvave the flu! its horrible! - i feel like crap!

Shell - I agree with the leaving people behind to hurt - imagine having to tell your kids that there dad commited suicide because the mum had, had an affair. Hows the baby bump coming along?

Glad you found yur wedding rings - gav has the 2 tone rine - it has whitegold in the middle and gold rims on either side. about the same size 4cm's - although he never wears it!

Sleep- well charlie has slept the last 4 nights thru he hasn't woken once! i am amazed he goes to bed at 8 and then he wakes up at 6.30-7 but we don't even have to get up once during the night! It is great!!!!!!

Well better go have some breaky!

Jac

Quote Originally Posted by belgodfrey View Post
    Hello lovelies!

- well not so many tears anyway, i think he's just numb to the pain after doing it so often!
    Bel
    LOL Bel!

Abs- WTG on find the rings!
    Jacci- oh bummer u and charlie are both cik, i hope u both get better soon

charlie seems heaps better this arvo!

Bel - I agree - charlie bumps his heaad all the time and he has just learnt to keep going - must be numbness!!!

Jac - so sorry to hear about your friend. That's awful for the poor children.

We had a 7 hour siege in the street behind us last night. Could barely get into the suburb cops had that many streets blocked off. It stemmed from a domestic violence, to domestic violence with firearms to him threatening his whole family. Once again, sucks when there's kids involved.

Anyway - on a brighter note - well done on the ring hunting Abs! I swear, you guys have got it sussed - no long waiting periods - I am so hanging out to get married it's ridiculous!!

KelliC Guest

Hello everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA for a while, busy with work and Olivia, I do pop in now and then to keep up with all you chatterboxes..LOL

Olivia is doing well, although I think she may be getting more teeth as she's very grumpy and out of sorts lately and doesn't want to be put down, so unlike her..

Jacci,
    So sorry to hear about your friend, my heart goes out to the family. How sad for the children, my sisters brother-inlaw comitted suicide last year and left behind his wife and 7 girls, and people are still unaware why!! Such a horrible situation.
    I hope Charlie and Gavin are well, still on your fitness regime I see.Well done to Gavin on the race.I am running 3 km per day and cycling 6 or 7km at the moment and that's a push...but gee it feels good.

Abs,
    Great to hear you have the rings sorted, Jordy has so much hair, what a cutie!!

Susan,
    The siege sounds so scary, what a horrible situation. I can imagine how much you're hanging out to get married, time will fly you'll see..

Big hello to everyone else,

KelliC

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast