Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #23

Hi everyone,

Bel - Good to hear from you, it has been a while since we have heard from anyone ,I wonder how everyone is nowadays!!!

Congratulations on number 3, you are brave I am just getting my head around number 2!! Tantrums are lovely, I so want to be that lady that lies on the floor i nthe shop and has a tantrum in front of her kids but never quite been brave enough!!

I hope everyone else is going along nicely!

I am finding this listeria thing a nightmare second time around, all iwant to eat is salad and i cant buy it from the shops and am too lazy to get up at 5.30 to make if before work!!

Hi guys just letting you all know.

Found out Thursday that our little smidge had passed away after a few weeks of waiting & worrying with what was wrong ie Trisomy 21,13 & 18.

Friday night at 7.35pm we welcomed our darling son JACOB CONNOR into the world born sleeping & too precious for this world.

The next step is we now have to organise his service. Which I never expected to have to do for 1 of my babies. But I tell you what. Leaving that hospital with no baby is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Hi guys

Long time no hear...

Congrats on all the new arrivals...

Amy so sorry to hear of you wee darlings passing..... hope things are getting a little easier for you by now...

Well Alexa is 4 next month & has the attitude of a teenager... grr, just drives me insane some times...

I have just got a new job, 20 hrs a week at the prison... will be an interesting job, so really looking forward to it...

Hope ou are all well..

Hugs
    Michelle

wow this i thought this thread was long gone!

Amy - i dont know how you would cope through a situation like your's i hope Jacob's service was peacful and time will ease the pain.

well today was a big day for Nixon. He had a diagnostic assesment which we were waiting for 6months to get.
    we got fantastic news that he does NOT have autism. He had Pervasie Developmental Disorder (PDD) which is basically when a child has several autistic traits but does not have Autism.
    he has already been going to speech therapy and OT so will continue this but now we will have access to funding to help for it all.
    he did so well we are so proud of our big boy and they also beleive he is above average for intelectual intelligence and is a smart cookie!!

i hope everyone is well

Hellooooooooooooooooooo ladies

I'm back !!!!!!

After nearly 3 years, I have just read where some of you are up to. I recently found JacciPG on Facebook, so I'm reasonably up with her goings on

Well whats happening with us.

As with all of us, the magic 4 is rapidly approaching. How has this happened. Seemed just like the other day we had brought them home from the hospital after being born

Jordy is doing brilliantly. He is currently going to daycare 4 days a week - its about 100m from home. He can talk under wet concrete and has an amazing sense of humour. A week or so ago he cracked the 1m mark in height, no idea where in the scale of things that puts him, but its still a milestone

Last year was a bit of trouble - some may remember me saying he was born with something not quite right at the back of his throat. Well basically from what we eventually learnt after finding a decent paedatrician (and going through half a dozen others who said "its just childhood asthma, here's another ventolin script - thats $1billion fee for my 5 minutes)... his enlarged sort of tonsils/adenoids cause him to cough, which irritates his throat, which causes mucous, which eventually gets infected, occasionally then going down into his lungs and sometimes turning into pneumonia

We had 3 admissions to hospital last year... this aint asthma you idiots.

Anyway, last guy we say said if he gets sick again, just ring, I'll see him right away, no matter of time or day of week. We saw him on a Monday lunchtime a few weeks later, he gave us a powerful drug to use, and jordy was all clear by the Thursday when we were due to take him back. Wow, what a recovery that stuff did.

He had a sleep study early January which did show enlarged T's and A's - I see someone else had them removed recently ??. But his are borderline as to leaving them in... so we'll see. On 2 drugs which we give him at night... a nasal spray and a puffer (done like ventolin, but its different)... this seems to be helping.

He loves his swimming, and loves the Pixar Cars movie, plus various others. Oh and Ben10 has been a massive hit lately.

Oh and books. Does he ever tire of them... nup. Another one please mummy or daddy

Me: I kept working at home until 2.5 months ago, when I was no longer working on the Australian Customs account with work. And since I could not find another client to work on, I've just been made redundant. 3.5 weeks to go til March 26 unless I find something else to do here

I've been sitting alongside a contractor working in a completely different field, but learning off him. Hoping I might do some contracting in that subject once I've finished.

Jen is still working like crazy hence Jordy in daycare... otherwise she would be much happier being a his mum full time... but knows he loves his daycare, even when he says he doesnt want to go - I have a sore tummy daddy. Hmm, not likely mate. He has his teachers rapped around his little finger. Gives them all a cuddle or at least a wave at the end of the day

Hope some of you are still around. Congrats to all who have gone on to additional family members, and Amy, sorry to hear of your loss.

Cheers
    Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Great to hear from you, I was actually just thinking of you and Jackie the other day and wondering how everyones 4 year olds were going !!!

Sounds like Jordy is doing well, I cant believe how big they are now. Tyron can talk for australia too and asks so many questions it is unbelievable!!

I had a little girl 3 weeks ago, called Lara, it has bought back all those wonderful newborn memories but unfortunately all the sleepless nights full of colic!!

Please add me to your facebook, my details are lisa morton-szczesny as I am on there much more of than here!

Hope your job hunting goes well too.

Lis

Welcome Back Abs!!!!

4 is coming way to fast isn't it!!

Sarah has the attitude of a teenager, and is constantly doing things that I ask her not to, and is such a little mummy!! She continually picks Leah up which kind of scares me, Leah is half her weight, I dont want her hurting her back!!

She is on waiting lists for kindy, but we dont know if she will get a place. I haven't put her on waiting lists for school because we are due for a new posting at the end of the year so I have no idea where we will be. We should find out mid year if they get somewhat organised.

Must cut this short, I am needed

congratulations Lisa on the birth of your baby girl Lara thats wonderful news!

Hi Abs! thanks for your update its great to hear how you have been going.
    Nixon had his T & A out when he was 2 1/2yrs old. they were enlarged, he used to get tonsilitis a lot plus they then caused sleep aponea and he used to snore the house down.
    the difference after they were removed was amazing. recovery was pretty good too.

i am still doing tupperware but slowing it down a notch. i did it as a Manager for 2yrs then 6m stepped back to demonstrator, then a few weeks ago i got a P/T job as a receptionist at a chiro/podiatry. the shifts are really good 3 x 6hr shifts a week so farso good!
    Nixon goes to preschool 2 days a week, both boys go to daycare 1 day a week, they both do swimming, then Nix goes to speech & OT therapies once a week.

whats everyones plans for the 4th birthday's?
    we are having a party at home for Nix and doing a Mickey mouse clubhouse theme, we have been doing some outside reno's and trying to finish most of it in time for the 17th April!!

Hey guys

Nice to see some action back on this thread.

I often wonder how everyone is fairing.

Abs welcome back & definitely long time no hear. Glad to hear you've finally found someone who listened & actually got to the bottom of Jordy's problem. FX thing work out there for you guys. Glad Jen is keeping busy still (has she ever stopped ). Sorry to hear you were made redundant but as the saying goes as 1 door closes another one opens somewhere. Hope you're able to find something soon.

Nic glad you're still happy with Tupperware. I gave mine up fully back in Jan 08 as they were pressuring me to put my family 2nd which I wasn't happy about at all so decided that if thats what they wanted me to do I wasn't going to comprise my family. How is Nixon's speech therapy going? Remind me again as to why he started please.

Ali how is life treating you with the kids. I don't envy you having to move at the end of the year. I've done enough traipsing around the last few years I'm happy to stay where we are for awhile. Where are the options to go or do they just tell you where you're headed?

Lisa congrats on the safe arrival of Lara. More details please. How is Tyson enjoying being a big brother?

Mitch how's the new job going hun? Are you enjoying it? Has Alexa already had her bday?

Becky, Bel, Shell & anybody else who is still dropping by. Hope you are all keeping well. Please drop in & let us know how you all are.

AFM: Declan will be 4 in 5.5 weeks which I can not fathom at all. We've decided on which school he will be attending for prep next year & he is currently in kindy 2 days a week which he thoroughly enjoys & making new friends. He's a real little chatter box & the only time he seems to stop is when he's sleeping these days. He's a great big brother to Abbie who is now 19months old. She's been our difficult one with problems with her ears. She's had constant ear infections almost one after the other since she was about 9 weeks of age some needing 3plus weeks of antibs to clear them up. Back in December we had her hearing tested which she failed so she's been on to have a set of grommets put in, to have the right one taken out as she got yet another infection behind the grommet which wouldn't go away. Since its been taken out the ear has been clear. She has her next hearing test Wednesday next week to see if they have helped improve her hearing & another appt in about 8 weeks to check the grommet & ear without grommet.

Today marked six months since we found out Jacob had passed away & tomorrow when we delivered/met him. Its been 1 hell of a roller coaster ride of emotions that mostly seems to be leveling out somewhat. Still having some bad days but thankfully they are getting a little further between which makes it that little easier to handle the what ifs etc I guess will be with us always. We had testing done on the placenta to see what the cause was & turns out our little man was missing his whole X chromosome, he also had cystic hygroma on the neck (fluid build up). So Jacob was a very sick little boy. We have been advised that of all the genetic problems this is the better one to get because there is no increased risk of it happening again. So that being said we have decided to let nature take its course with TTC #4 currently not preventing but not actively charting etc. Not quite ready for that roller coaster ride again of actively trying so will just let things be for now & if it happens it happens & if not so be it.

I dont mind moving, it's nice to see Australia, but ask me after a few and I will be over it Pot luck as to where though.

DH is away at the moment and we have Ului headed our way. I have a bit more prep to do (like putting the bins in the shed) but cant get fuel until DH's pay clears so I hope it clears soon!!

I need to ring DH's unit and see what they suggest for the next few days. have a good day everyone

Well guys looks like I'll need to change my username We'll be having a 2010 baby after all.

OMG Amy I just noticed this!! Congrats!!! Tossing some sticky vibes your way!!

Happy 4th birthdays everyone!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345