Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in April 2006 #5

Wow Mel, if that's what u paid that's awesome, 18.1c/nappy. They only ever discount them our way to around 24c/nappy. I've tried Huggies, Snuggler(6-11), Aldi's Mamia, 1xBabyLove, Kmarts Baby Solution. I hated Mamia, don't mind Kmart, love Huggies, Snuggler is just to big on her at mom so cant really comment on them. The Kmart ones I think are similar to babylove, they have gel crystals that absorb. Tryin to save every $ possible being as though we lost half our income, so been trying the cheaper ones & occasionally cloths. The Huggies are normally 41-43c/nappy, disc to 28c/nappy sometimes. Just my input

Yeah Mel, now adays the technology is much more advanced so it might not have taken that long. To get her 1st born (after being told she couldnt fall) she actually took some ovulation tablets to regulate AF & whammo, hehe. I'm just amazed at what can be done these days & wonder what advancements are to come. With DH (2nd born), she wasnt trying.

Oh I c Abs, at least u know now. Hope Jen is ok with the news.

abs Guest

ta Shell, yeah she is okay... at least she has spoken with the Ob now rather than relaying messages back and forth through the secretary (who is very nice and seems knowledgeable, but wont know ALL the facts etc)

Her fave form of exercise is swimming - she can swim for hours coz she just floats in water quite happily (me I need a full proper life vest just to go snorkelling)... tis just finding the time between looking after Jordy and still trying to run her own business - and we have a big announcement to make at the next trade exhibition (in a couple of weeks), so things are a bit stressed here at the moment

I told her we should take Jordy out in the pram for half an hour or so each morning, so will see if I can twist her arm a bit on that front... I certainly could use to lose some weight too - high 90's for me

abs Guest

just did the weight on Jordy... 7.35kg... last measurement was June 23 at 6.2kg

wow Abs full steam ahead! Thats great weight can on Jordy's behalf! he must be getting heavy to hold!!

abs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nickers
    he must be getting heavy to hold!!
    you can say that again but thanks

Jacci's Charlie is probably heavier by now - he overtook Jordy over a month ago

Hi everyone,

I just went to Toys R Us and got huggies on special but they still work out to be 35c each!

Abs I think Tyron might be the biggest he is 7.9kg, which is massive!! I am really having treuoble loosing my weight and when I spoke to my doctor about it, he said I should be doing any high intensity stuff until at least 6 months post as I too had a c/s. He said a brisk walk and swimming were the only good excercise at the moment, so ake sure Jen doesn't over do it!!

Nickers I forgot to answer your question, I got the tuxedo from a shop online, if you want to know the web address I will email it to you!

Nothing new here so better get back to work!

HELLO!!!!!!!

Got back from my holiday today!!! got on the plane at darwin and it was 18 degrees - flew into melbourne and it was 6 degrees - freezing!!!!! Had an absolute ball - drank and ate too much but wouldn't change it for the world!!
    Got a good tan, swan at the Berry springs, went to see the jumping crocodiles and the mindle beach market went on a harbour cruise ( really just an excuse to get drunk - was sensational!!)

Charlie was very well behaved - he slept all the way on the plane - both timess, didn't like sleeping in the portacot, so slept in between gav and i, he didn't mind the heat, but by the end of the week he was really buggered, he got home and has slept for 18 hours yesterday. He was a little bit grumpy in darwin, just sleeping and eating, and not his usual playfil self, wouldn't sleep without screaming first, he is back to his perfect self today though, I think he is just happy to be home.

On the way back from our holiday we stopped in at the bike shop that gavin is addicted too. I got a new mountain bike - $1999 (i thought it was a bit expensive - but Gavin tells me it a good bike!! might be his way of getting me back in shape , I just rode to netball training and back.

Anyway people i am off to read all about what has been going on.

The answers i can give you to what i have read.

Nappies - shell - I actually swear by the Aldi nappies - the work really well on charlie, he can sleep in them all night, but he leaks out of the babylove ones - funny how different nappies suit different babies.

Charlie's size - Abs, Lisa - Charlie was 7.3 kg at his 3 month check up... I would hate to think what he weighs now!!!! I find out next week and will be sure to post it. He is in OO clothes - nothing in 000 fit him anymore!!! we put him next to his 6 month old cousin and Charlie was heavier than him and he was about 1cm shorter than him
    He is only a chubby baby because of the anti reflux formula - he is off that now so i will see if it has made a difference.

Talk later

Jacci- glad to hear you had a great holiday!
    Charlie must have been pooped to sleep so much when you got home!
    i was watching the weather in darwin on he news and it was getting up to 30degrees some days! imagine having that as your winter!

Nickers - I seen darwin people walking around in jeans and t shirts - coz the thought it wasn't warm. i was roasting!!!! I think charlie was pooped from being handed from pillar to post.. also that really is the cutest photo of nixon on you ticker

Also = When we were in Darwin Charlie got into a really bad habbit of screaming for about 5 minuts before he went to sleep, he would tense his body up and scream, as soon as we got home he was fine - tonight we put him in his cot with his mobile on and he went to sleep by himslef , thank god!! i was so hoping he wouldn't keep that habit!!!

Hey everyone, just a quick message to let you know that TIm and I are now officially engaged - so very excited I cant stop telling everyone!!

Susan, congrats! That is wonderful news. Have you got a date in mind yet for the wedding?

Jacci - wow, what fantastic weather. Bring on summer here I say. We've just had a similar experience re travel upsetting routines etc. It's great that Charlie has just slipped back into the groove.

ABS - I agree it would be hard for Jen to find the time to squeeze in some exercise as well as everything else she has to do, particularly with a business. Best of luck with it all though and I'm glad the actual chat with the ob went well. Great weight for Jordy. WM is due on Monday for a weigh in and hasn't been looked at in a while so I'll be interested to see the situation considering recent events.

Shell and Jacci - agreed re the nappies. Some babies can wear some kinds but not others judging by other threads I've seen on here so I've been cautious with the ones I've tried. I've got some cloth ones too ... the flat terry ones but I only use them during warmer weather as don't want to add to already considerable wash load in winter.

Time for me to go get some more sleep. That was the last feed for the day. WM seems to have stopped throwing up so hopefully that is the end of the matter. See you all in the morning.

Mel

Congratulstions Sooz!!
    so tell us how did he propose?! He didn't make you wait very long!
    thinking of a date yet??

Lisa, 6mths, really, Ob didnt tell me that, oh well.

Jacci, sounds like u had a ball. Ive heard aldis smallest arent great but others are fine. But kmarts cheaper so for now im stickin with them. But yes tis funny huh, but guess they're all diff shapes & sizes so makes sence.

Yay, Congrats Sooz.

abs Guest

welcome back Jacci - glad to hear you had a ball

And a huge congrats Sooz - give us the goss on how it all went down (when you're up and about that is)

Oh, we have our 4mnth needles next tuesday

Huge congrats sooz!!! let us know the goss!!!!

Lisa - Shell - My Dr said i could go back to paying A grade netball at 6 weeks... mind you my first few games my back really hurt, must of been from all the stretching whilst pregnant - mind you if i had my time again i wouldn't have gone back so quick.

Abs - we have our 4 month needles on the 13th. I am making gavin come with me this time as i cried last time!!! I'll let you know how chubby my little buby is then!!!

Well charlie has settled back into home life soo well, I put him in his bed wide awake at 10am with his mobile on and he put himself to sleep - he wouldn't do that in darwin.

Feeding - Charlie is still on 180ml of formula but over the last 2 weeks he has been only taking about 140ml of the bottle and then spitting it back out and not drinking anymore of it, he is still going about 3 1/2 - 4 hourly feeds just wonder if this has happened to anyone else and what do i do or will he just start drinking the rest again?
    I have put this qst in the bottle feeding forum too.

Last night i got up to make charlies bottle at about 4.30am and smaked my toe very hard into the ladder. broke my toenail off!!! gees did i swear very loud! the joys of renovating and having stuff everywere!!

KelliC Guest

Hello everyone,
    it's been so long between posts I know but I do try and keep up by reading all your posts.
    I hope everyone is doing well!!!
    Olivia is wonderful but has yet to sleep through the night although she seems to be stretching her feeds out, was 4am and last night was 5am....Fingers crossed.

I have a few health problems at the moment, I have lots of cysts in my neck and one of them is quite large and pressing against my trachea which makes it uncomfortable to breathe at times, I saw a surgeon yesterday and I will be having surgery in the next 4-8 weeks to remove half my thyroid. Seems pretty straight forward!

Sooz,
    Congratulations, he didn't make you wait too long after all! Can't wait for the details!

Abs,
    Needles are the worst aren't they, I can't watch. I get more upset than Olivia. Jordan is certainly growing quickly, I know Olivia has also put on heaps of weight, I have my next Health centre visit in 2 weeks so I will report in then.

Jacci,
    sounds like you had a wonderful time in Darwin, it's great Charlie is back to his normal routine. It must have been nice leaving the cold coast for some warmer weather. We are heading to Brisbane next week and I can't wait.

Hello to Bel, Theresa, Lisa, Shell, Amanda, Nickers,Melbo and everyone else.
    Where did KellyW go? Has anyone heard of her since the twins operation?

Kelc

Oh no KelliC, sorry u've been unwell. Hope ur feelin better after the surgery.
    I just tried to PM KellyW, however got this msg: "Kelly W has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.". So sent her an 'april baby buddies missing u & hopin ur all well' type of msg via her website, hope she doesnt mind. Prob just so busy with both parents F/T & twins.

Hi everyone!

I feel so bad - it's been so long between posts. I wish I had the time to get on here more often. I tell ya, 2 kids is great but boy do they keep you busy!

Sooz - CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm with everyone else, I want all the details!

Jacci - Welcome back. Sounds like you had a great time in Darwin, glad Charlie has slipped back into his routine.

bubs weight gain - Haven't had little man weighed since his 6week check, but he's due for his needles on the 22nd, so will get him weighed then. He's putting on weight very nicely though, and is very round. I'm BF'ing, but when I express he drinks around 180ml, and that keeps him full for 3-4 hours.

mums weight loss - I've been trying to be very diligent with getting into shape as I had 10kg to lose to get to my pre-preg weight, then another 10 to get to my goal. I've been going to the gym 3 times a week, 2 of those with my personal trainer. She's fantastic and pushing me so much more than I would push myself. She made me promise I wouldn't get on the scales until week 4 (next week) but I snuck a peek today and I've lost 3kg! (and that was after breakfast and lunch) I'm so stoked! Got my personal trainer until the end of September, so trying to make the most of it.

more kids - Definately want 1 more, but will probably wait until Josiah is about 2 before we start trying. Mainly coz of finances, but we've also found that Janae being a little bit older when we had Josiah has been fantastic because were not looking after 2 babies. She can do a few things for herself. At this moment, Mark can't imagine having another one, but he promised me, so I'm holding him to it!

Surprise babies - most of you already know this but my mum had 2 surprise babies, not thinking she could fall pregnant both times. There's 18 years between my 2nd brother and 3rd brother and my 4th brother will be 1 in October.

sleeping - Josiah is sleeping from about 7.30pm-6.30am every night now which is fantastic. He tries his best not to sleep much during the day, but I'm slowly trying to break that habit!

ok, I think that's enough rambling from me - I need to go and get organised. Janae is having 2 little friends over for her first ever sleepover, so I have to prepare myself for the onslaught!

Hi to everyone else! Hope you are doing well

Bel

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast