Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Gosh Dis I am so over the rain too!
    Made a valiant effort this morning to go out and get some nappies while it was teaming....sorry we did! Made the most of the sunny breaks yesterday and mowed the lawns but its back to grim grey indoor cabin fever Beau again today!!!!
    Glad the boys are going well and you are having a good run - I think when Beau wakes so god awfully early its from teeth too (at least I hope so cause that means there is an end to it eventually!)

Yep Jen, we headed out to Lollipops (indoor playland) today. It hasn't rained all day, but Ben just needs to run and climb and the park equipment will all still be too wet. I'm glad we went, he had a great day and insisted on Jared playing with him on the mini slide and jumping castle

Hi girls, I'm around, just super busy. I have an assignemnt due in a tomorrow days and I'm barely half way through it. I just don't get the time on my own and when I try to do it with the kids around, even with dh here, I just can't concerntrate.
    And yep, I'm soooo over the rain too. We'v e had enough now!!

Love the new ticker picture Kel What a great smile from Liam and Lil's hair is so gorgeous and long - she's such a big girl now

So quiet in here!

We've been having a lovely few days. DH and I are just having a little bit of time playing on the computers right now while Jared is asleep and Ben is re-arranging his train track

We've had a good few days. It's so good having DH home with us. Yesterday I went to pick up Ben's walker from my bro and SIL and had a visit with them and then we did some shopping. Jared is so much happier now that he can spend the day upright. It was killing me having to carry him around all day, he'd have to be getting close to 9kgs right now and my back just can't handle it.

We got up last night to watch the soccer. Pretty boring match I have to say, but at least Australia are through to the WC now

Ben has been Mr Bratty-pants every morning. Talking back, not listening to what we say and just yelling for no reason! I think the terrible twos are upon us!

Hi all,

Well, DH has gone away for work for 4 days....eeeekkkkk!!!!!!!! I'm so daunted by 4 days and 3 nights all alone....I know we'll probably be fine, but I just dread doing it all alone He left and 2.30 and I'm lonely already! I don't even have any more studies to do. I finished my LAST assignement on Friday, yaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!!! So good, but it makes me feel a little...empty I think! I've been studying for sooo long now, to not have to do it feels strange, lol!
    Kids have been good, though I think Lil might be getting a bit sick again. She sniffly and coughing again. This will be the third cold she's had in about 5 weeks They are both asleep at the moment. Lil is on the lounge and Li in his bed. It's going to be a late night! I will wake Lil soon though. She fell asleep in the car on the way home from mums (it's a 10min trip!!) and then woke when we came upstairs and wouldn't go back to sleep. So naturally she conked out now....I was trying to keep her awake til 6pm at least, but I was preparing dinner and she flaked out in front of the wiggles in about 2 mins! Oh well never mind....

Dis, I love my ticker pic too. And yep, they are both growing so quickly it's scary!! I feeling that need for another baby again...though it won't be happening cause DH is pretty against another bub. I think for me it's just kind of innate, and I feel the need just because I can, not necessarily because I reallly want another baby...I don't know how to explain it! Though one more might be nice, lol!
    DH stayed up to watch the soccer too. We stayed at mums cause she has optus. I have to say I think you're both insane to get up at 2am to watch soccer....though he was mighty happy that Aus made the WC too. We are well into the terrible twos as well. We've been there for about 8mths now!! Lily is such a little miss sometimes!

Ok, well, hi to everyone, I hope you're all well. And enjoying your long weekend!

Hey hey everybody.....
    It has been quiet in here! Ummm just sitting in our sunroom watching DH try out his new waders in the lake - he looks ridiculous but the water is so cold now its the only way he can fish out there! Beau has the flu as of yesterday, recently he has been waking every hour or so, crying, coming into our room, I feel like I have a newborn again! It may have been the cold coming on - he was better last night, didnt stir till around 4am, once he is better again, it will be tough mummy again! He will be getting marched back into bed! Sleeps in the day have been hit and miss, I think the PG tired ness has hit me now too and I am finding it hard to cope, it is lovely having DH here for four days (sorry Kel), its just nice having those consecutive wake ups together and pottering around the house getting things done!
    Dis - Yep, I agree with Kel, you guys are nuts getting up to watch sport! Your DH must be wrapped you love footy and soccer so much! Must be a few less arguments around your place because of it! Terrible twos have descended here aswell, that said, beau has been pretty good even though he is sick. Jared must love being able to burn around now after his bro, too cute with Ben and his trains, that boy is obsessed! We have recently started here with matchbox cars and they are pretty big atm, as well as "the upside down show" and "trotro" (which I hate!)
    Kel - Congratulations on finishing your assignments! You musn't know yourself now! You poor thing being home alone for four days, get some good chick flicks out that your DH would hate and eat lots of yummy food too! Your ticker pic is adorable, Lily looks 2 going on 20! Hope she shakes the cold too soon, Liam is such a little man now! How are you going with the sleeping?

Hi everyone, we have been away this weekend up at Maldon for a relaxing yet busy time. We did some bush bashing and visiting friends and just stuff! So am feeling pretty good...besides having to come home to several loads of washing and rain! I have put Olivia to bed and read her a story and rubbed her back. She wouldnt go to sleep as she slept for 2 hours on the way home. So I told her I had to go to the loo and didnt go back....cant hear her so am hoping shes put herself to sleep Shes been in the terrible 2 s for ages now and it got better but at times its very trying! Everything is yucky now and she has a real attitude. I am wanting to toilet train her but cant get her to wear undies...any tips? Ok got to run the other one is crying. Oh Jen...hows the pg going???? Any updates?

Yes Jen, please let us know how things are going. Isn't your hossy appointment this week or next?

Mel, bummer about the washing and weather. It looks like the rain has finally left us here. Glad to hear you had a nice weekend away.
    No tips for toilet training from me. I'm afraid Ben will probably still be in nappies when he's 12 at the rate he's going!

Jen, DH and I do not follow the same sport I grew up watching AFL (yep even in Sydney, my dad use to play for a local team) and even played it for a few years when the women's comp started. DH is a rugby league boy through and through, although he's more into soccer these days, which I also played and can watch, although footy is my first sporting love
    How's Beau doing? It's so hard to be firm with them when they're sick, but they do wear on your patience too.

Kel, congrats on finishing the studying!!! How did you go on the weekend by yourself? I actually find that I lose it with the kids more when DH is home. When I'm by myself I kinda think "well, nobody else is going to deal with it" and just get on with it. I'm strange I know

We had a bad night here last night. We went to the in-laws all day yesterday, I think they forget what it's like to have kids who still nap. Ben won't sleep anywhere but in his own bed which makes it a bit difficult if we're out. He was a monster this morning. Went back to bed before 11am which is VERY early for him these day. Jared was also out of synch because he only had two short naps yesterday. He was up between 2am and 5am! The joys! Thankfully we have nothing planned this week so we can bum around if need be, and as it turns out, we needed too

I'm hoping to head out to the library and park this afternoon, but I'm having trouble dealing with the cold, so I don't know if I will. I'm also a bit paranoid about Jared getting sick again. He's a big, strong boy, but the doctor said he might be prone to bronchiolitis for a few years so that's always in the back of my mind. Thank goodness the rain has gone though!!!!

Hey All....
    WOW it is freezzzinngg here! We went out before to do some gardening and lasted 15minutes! Beau and I both have colds (again) so I didnt want to risk anything worse I guess. Seems the flu is my pregnancy curse! Feeling ok otherwise regarding PG, my first appointment is next Thursday at the hospital. Will make it all seem real I hope!

Beau had his immunisations yesterday for 18months (slack I know, I blame the move!), he was very brave and it was pretty easy, but today he is pretty cranky and I just had a meltdown before at him cause he ripped up one of my baby photos (of me) Didnt reach him in time I was crying too (I blame hormones!) and he was running around after me for a cuddle grrrr!

His sleeping has gone back to normal at night touch wood, at he is waking around 6:30 which is bareable, if only I didnt have to pee three times a night and it takes me FOREVER to get back to sleep - ugh I remember that didnt start till the third trimester with Beau.....and DH gets up at 5am so I shouldnt whinge!

Dis - Ah hah! I knew it couldnt be that you both like the same sport! That would be too easy! I dont blame you being wary with taking Jared out either in this weather, better to be safe than sorry some times.Just rug the boys up nice and toasty when you do - poor Beau looks like an eskimo in winter! Must be from being a winter baby, never really got over it I think! I know what you mean about pepole 'forgetting' what its like with certain aspects of having babies, its so hard trying to keep routines up when you are out and about. Beau fell asleep in the car yesterday and had half an hour all day...I think I am paying for it today! Ick at Jared being up for 3hrs in the middle of the night! Poor you!

Mel- No undie tips from me! I think I will be waiting for summer to even attempt with Beau. Yucky is a big word around here too - as well as "No like"! Thats great you got away for the weekend - at least you had some peace in the car on the way home with Olivia asleep! I like your "just going to the loo" trick! Nice one!

Hey I have asick little moo here, poor Becca has been running a temp since yesterday morning. I took her to the dr with me today to have a check up....while I had the dreaded pap smear! Shes just got a virus and is finally asleep on the lounge room floor. Last night the girls went to sleep at 5pm and both woke at 7pm and didnt go down til almost 11pm so it was a long night. I need to keep Olivia awake today so I can have some us time (2 hours for dinner was nice last night).

Jen glad things are going well with the pg sorry to hear youre not well again. Its freezing here too and has been raining most of the day and last night.

Mel- I was just thinking....how did Jared go with that testing earlier on? I dont remember if you told us? Did you get to the library? I hate going out in this weather and I dont have much left in the food department. I might duck out now DH is home (he is sick too).

Mel, we never heard back about his results, which means he tested okay. The disease they were testing him for stunts their growth too, so at about 9kgs and over 65cms at not-quite 5 months, I think it's fair to say he doesn't have it

He he Dis - I think you might be right somehow!

Hi girlies,

Well, we' ve been a bit quiet lately. How are you all going??

We are doing ok. Liam is teething but that's my biggest complaint at the moment! Sleeping is still an issue, but thats nothing new!! We only has 2 wake ups(...or was it 3??) last night, and up at 6.45. The nights are all blending into one! I try not to think about it or dwell on it too much or I get depressed.
    Lily is being pretty gorgeous at the moment, except for the odd tanty. She is learning so much at the moment and stuns me with things she does an says sometimes! She was helping me with the cleaning this morning and was soing a great job too! She is just devine and I could kiss her to death! She's growing way too quickly.
    The kids are both asleep at the mo and DH is at soccer. I finally have a minute to myself. I feel like it's been so long since Ive had time to be alone. Especially with DH going away last week. And to top it all off he worked two night shifts when he got home! But he's of for 6days now, so I will be cashing in, so to speak!! LOL. I think I deserve some me time. I love it when their sleeps co-inside! (sp??)

Anyhow, I'm gonna go and try to get some more cleaning done....in peace!

Hey Kel- lets celebate coinciding sleeps

Olivia went to bed tonight at 620...after a fun filled and active day at the park with her friends then back to their place to play. Lets hope she stays asleep...she didnt last time though! Rebecca had a cat nap too so that I could clean the dishess and floor. Bec is taking finger food well...tonightwas steamed cauli, broccoli, beans and carrot. All over the floor but she managed to chomp away. At the minute she has really loose poo so I am wondering if she has a tummy bug or shes starting to teeth. I would have said teething prior to tonights poo coz It was pretty watery. But she seems to be quite content, so I dont know! Any thoughts?

DH is at the snow today...should be home soon. Just enjoying quiet time while Becs relatively calm.

Mel, Jared is starting to teeth too. He only seems bothered at night though, just before bedtime. I remember with Ben that it used to come in waves, where he could seem fine for most of the day and then get hit with a horrible hour or two. Maybe Becca's going through something similar?
    How did you go last night? Did Olivia stay down for the count or was she up again?

Kel, Lil sounds gorgeous! I'm really enjoying this time too. They are just total sponges right now and it's amazing how quickly they pick things up.
    Good luck in getting time off this weekend - you totally deserve it! Send your DH off with the kids for a few hours and enjoy a nice, relaxing bath and a nap if you can manage it. Forget about the housework for a day

Jen, not long until your appointment now! Exciting stuff! Make sure you come in here on Thursday night or Friday and let me know how you went.

Hi everybody else!

Us, well we had the best night ever last night! Jared slept for 8 hours and then four hours! Unbelievable! Ben slept for 12 hours too, although he woke up when I got up to Jared and asked for more milk, but he didn't get up and was asleep again in no time. I woke up feeling SO refreshed this morning, it was bizarre Of course, I've mopped half the house, done three loads of washing, the washing up and started dinner, so I've probably overdone it Oh well, it had to be done

Mum is coming over for a visit tomorrow. It's my birthday and otherwise I would have been alone with the boys all day as DH works at his second job on Tuesdays. My birthday just doesn't seem to matter anymore - to me anyway. My sister and I were talking about it the other day and I had to ask her how old I was turning I'd aged myself an extra year. As I said to her, the number doesn't matter to me, it's how old I feel, and most days I feel 97 I'm hoping that the boys will have another awesome night tonight so that I only feel 90 tomorrow

HAppy Birthday for tomorrow Mel. Have a great day

Olivia woke up around 830 after falling out of bed, but she stayed up for a banana shake coz she was starving....that kid eats more than I do! She went back to bed at 9 and I didnt see her til 8 this morning Becca however was up a few times! I think shes teething, mostly shes fine, still has real soft poos and is off her milk and solids. Sometimes she gulps things down, other times she sticks her nose up.

Well I am here on my own as dh is at tafe tonight. I manage to feed them, clean up, ath them, shower me and tell Olivia a story. Shes asleep now, so I need to go feed Rebecca soon as shes not had a great deal this evening....not for the want of trying!

Hope everyone is well.....

Mel, the kids seems to be sleeping ok for me at the moment. Liam only woke once last night, yay!!! But my boobs were sooo full in the morning and drowned him when he eventually woke for a feed at 645 this morning! But that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make if I get that kind of sleep every night! I hope it's all good at your house too, and that you had a good night.

Dis, didn't really get any time off. Dh played soccer again, so no time then, but he did take Lily to his friends house to watch footy, and Lil played with her boyfriend, Isaac. So I kinda got a rest, but not, cause I still had Li. I tried to convince DH to take him too but he wouldn't
    Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you get spoilt!!! I'm feeling pretty old at the mo too. I think it's being so tired and rundown. I look older and well just feel....not 30!

Well, I had another day off work yesterday cause I have conjunctivitis, again! I've only ever had it once before and now I've had it twice in a month! I haven't got it bad, but it's bad enough that I shouldn't go to work (not with little kids anyway!). I will today though. I probably shouldn't but I can't keep on having so much time off, and I have no sick leave left, I'm using my long service leave!!
    Anyway, going to start getting things ready for work...

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast