Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Hey Ladies....
    Everything is goig ok here, sleep is ok, cough has settled down so not waking himself up anymore, a nightmare last night I think but he self settled after a few min.
    We just had a little friend over for a playdate, Beau is seriously afraid of other kids now. He used to love them but has been hit/pushed a few times at playgroup and cant handle it - I dont know what to do?
    Yay appointment on Thursday, a bit nervous but I feel better now cos Dh is going to take the moring off to look after B, I called the hospital and they said first appointments take at least and hour and a half and there is no way he would last that long!! So that alleviated some of the worry! No scan though, is 18wks the first? I cant remember!
    Dis/Mel - Happy Birthday! Thats good youre having a nice day with your mum - Birthdays are such a non event now arent they? We make such a big deal about our kids but ours.....hope you feel under ninety today anyway! Sorry you have a crappy rainy one. Congrats on the big sleeps the other night - woo hoo! I will def come on and let you know how I went at the appt.
    Kel - Hope your eye is getting better now. Bah at DH not taking Liam too! Stinky sport! Glad he had a big sleep for you. Glad you are enjoying Lily so much - I love those times when you are so in love with them and they are such a joy!
    Mel- Hugs to poor Becca teething - poor thing. Olivia sounds like the litle social butterfly bless her! At least it tuckers her out for you! LOL!
    Hope everyone is well, Kris and Kaz havnt been on in ages - too busy on facebook maybe?!!!??

Have been trying to avoid posting after myself but here goes!
    Had first appt yesterday, all went well, except they buggered up the labelling of my bloods so I have to go back and do it again. The midwife was really nice and had no problems accepting my decision of elective cesar when I explained Beau's birth, then when she got my birth history from RPA she was positive! I never knew his Apgar score was 1 when he was born and he didnt breath for 2 whole minutes, shows you how out of it I was and why DH wouldnt look at me! Have booked a Nuchal scan for Monday afternoon, very nervous!
    Beau is great, his Nanna and Pop looked took him to playgroup yesterday while I had my appt and he was great for them! He is being super adorable atm and I love his parrot talking
    Hope everyone is doing well in the cold

YAAAAAYYYYY Jen!!!!!!!!! That's great news to hear that bubs is going well. Must be such a relief! I'm soooo happy for you

Jen, that's great that your midwife is supportive of the birth you want
    How scary that Beau's score was 1 when he was born! Bet you're glad you didn't know that at the time. Don't stress about the NT scan. You'll get to see your bubba for the first time! Hooray!

We're going great here. Jared really is in his groove now with nighttime sleeps. He pretty much sleeps 9pm until 9am, waking up for a feed somewhere in the night. This morning he slept until 10am!

Ben is getting louder That's the best way to describe him right now. Very boisterous. Tonnes of energy and just getting louder and louder

All good here though - I got a bath to myself tonight (after DH got Jared out) and then we went out to dinner for my birthday - a few days late, but better late than never A nice day

Hellllooooo!!!!!!

It's' been so long since I've been on!! I haven't even been reading - I'm so sorry!!!!!

I hope you're all well - I thought I'd post quickly and then have a read through!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

ETA:

Disgirl - Happy Belated Birthday!! Yeah on a bath - sounds great!!

Jen - Yeah!! I'm so glad to hear everythings going well for you!! Good luck for your appt on Mon - I'm sure it will be all great!!
    Poor Beau getting pushed around - nothing that a little brother or sister won't sort out for him I'm sure - LOL! That soon toughens them up when they start fighting over toy! Louis and Dylan have taken to super wrestling lately the little ratbags...in saying that they are gentle around other kids though!!
    Sounds like it's a good idea to have him around friendly little kids - remember they're still at an age where they're happy playing alongside others not necessarily "with" kids...A good tactic I taught the boys is to put their hand up and say "stop" when someones doing something they don't like - if little else it usually grabs the attention of a nearby adult...I think it does make them feel a little stronger though, like they do have something they can do to help stop the behaviour without resorting to hitting back etc...
    LOL at me being too busy on facebook - I do jump on a lot - it's just quick for me! LOL! and yes I am a bit addicted...

Part 2...

Us: We're well - boys are all sick at the moment...Ethan has a bit of a nasty cough so will prob take him to the dr's tomorrow...better get him checked over.
    He's so nearly crawling and pulled himself up to standing on the couch today!! He's such a cheeky little boy but is just absolutely gorgeous!! He's settled down a lot although we had a shocker of a night last night...will definitely be heading to bed soon as I'm sooo tired...
    Louis is well - little cheeky is starting to spell out words and it dying to be able to read!! He's such a clever little thing and we really can't trick him anymore - Michael was trying to get him to eat chicken and offered him some of his own plate and he just looks at him completely stupidly and says "Dad, it's the same chicken" LOL!
    Dylan is my cheeky bum - he is really starting to put everything together - he read me the number 1-10 last night in his book - I was so proud! He's one of those kids that if you ask him to do something that's when he won't do it!! Cheeky thing...He gives the best kisses and cuddles when he wants to...he really is a gorgeous little boy...I really do love this age minus the tantrums! hehe.
    I'm well...had a few issues with my cycle etc so I'm off the mini pill at the moment...very carefully may I add - we're just waiting to get the money together and Michaels getting the snip!! I'm actually looking forward to when we don't have to worry about it anymore and I dont' have to worry about the pill. We've definitely decided that this is enough kiddies!! I don't think I can give to another child what I've given to these 3 - Bfing for 12 months each and being tied to them for that time without much of a break is a lot and I think I'd lose my marbles well and truly if I went around for no.4!!

Kel - Yeah on Liam sleeping so well - hope he keeps it up for you!! Bugger on the conjunct. I hope you're feeling better!! Congratulations on finishing your assignment - what a relief thats all done!!

Disgirl - I know birthdays don't seem that big a deal anymore to me either...I think it's because we don't place enough importance on them - we're always running around looking after everyone else that we place ourselves last. I didn't want mine at home this year so we went out for lunch - cost too much but then I probably would have spent the same if not more on feeding everyone at home and then I would have had to clean up as well - LOL!!!

Mel - I hear you on the food consumption!! LOL! My kids are eating me out of house and home sometimes - I spent $350 on food this week! LOL! Although hopefully it will last longer than the week...Wow at Becca doing well on finger food - Ethan gags and throws it up - doesn't like lumps at all! LOL! Oh well..it all takes time...Poor Becca getting sick - I hope he's all better now poor little thing....
    Hmmm - regarding undies - have you let her choose some fun designs to wear?? or even just get some of her favourite characters?? We're tt Dylan - he's doing really well but for the moment when we're home he just runs around in the nuddy!! Easiest way to train I think...I've taken him out a few times and he's done really well - a few accidents but that's to be expected...

Ok...that's enough from me...I need to get to bed!! Chat later!

Kris, great to hear from you! Good to hear that things are going well for you and all your boys. Hope they all make a speedy recovery.

Isn't this age (2) great for kisses and cuddles? Ben came up to me on Thursday night as I was feeding Jared, put his arms around my neck, gave me the biggest kiss and cuddle and said "Wuv oo mummy!" I'm get teary just thinking about it again!

Good work on TT Dylan. Ben is still a long, long way off being ready.

Hi!

Dis - Aww how cute!! It's definitely those moments that make all the hard ones worthwhile!! LOL!

Having a quiet day today...I'm feeling like I'm getting a bit of a sore throat now so I hope I don't get sick as well! Am off to crawl into bed and have a read and a snooze as Michaels on daddy duty until 5pm!!

Had a great morning with the boys though - have tried a few new discipline tactics and it's working quite well so far...Nothing major but just keeping the boys organised and avoiding the battle to get everything done - especially with Dylan as most things turn into an argument because everything I ask he says "NO"...He is 2 after all and he's been arguing with us since he was 1 so we knew we were going to be in for a rough ride - LOL!
    For any of you interested - there's a parenting guy called "Michael Grose" and he is brilliant!! You can google him and look up his website - Parenting Ideas...he also does seminars and has a lot of books and workbooks etc...I really align with him on most of his parenting ideas and find that a lot of what he suggests really works!!

Anyway...enjoy your weekends...chat later!

HEy all

Jen am glad everything went well, must be a weight off your mind. Wow at b's apgar score how scary. So do they set a date this early or wait til later???

Mel- glad your bday was good. They are beautiful at this age. Olivia says I luff you mummy and gives me kisses. Now she does it to DH after a few weeks of not wanting much to do with him. Hes so chuffed! Glad J is doing well with sleep. Its nice isnt it! Rebecca is getting there andOlivia is pretty good, so cant complain.

Kris-good to hear from you although hope you are all better soon. Thanks for the tt tips but I already got the special upsey daisy undies that she chose and she wont have a bar of them! She is great though, she will run around with no nappy and stop doing what shes doing to go to the potty. Now she tells me to change her nappy. As with the food...does it stop??? Last night she had a big bowl of spag bol as well as some mash potato and pumkin then she had a bowl of custard with a choccie frog and then she was asing for more food at bed time...starving. I made her a banana milk shake and she finished that off and screamed more, so she had another 3/4 of a glass of shake....needless to say she had a full nappy this morning. She had a bowl of porrige and toast today and hasnt stopped! Imagine if she was a boy....

Kel- hows your eyes? Sounds like you your kids are starting to get better.

Kaz hows the ttc going?

We are at my dads now then have to go to BIL for dinner. Better get off but chat soon

Hey Ladies

Sorry to hear that everyone's feeling poorly, there are a lot of bugs going round at the moment.

Mel - TTC didn't work this month - and (TMI WARNIGN!!!) it's the heaviest period I've ever had, I'm need ing to change Supers every 1/2 hour!

Must say, Olivia sounds so cute. And they definately go through phases with food, I'm trying to reduce the amount of dairy that he has, DH gives him bottle of milk after bottle of milk to get him to sleep! This evening is the Lantern festival, almost time to wake him before his special friend comes over for us to go down to the Main St so he's ready ...

Jen - I can't believe B's agpar scores! You'd think they'd tell you in the hospital! Glad all went well ... apart from the mucking up of bloods. Can you believe about the NT scan? They don't do them in the USA I read, they do amnios, so much more invasive! wow. Hope all is OK for you this pregnancy!

Us - well Pip is definatly terrible and 2. His latest thing is wanting to choose the route we drive home from CC! Anyhows, best go get ourselves dressed!

Hi!

Mel - It's great Olivia's using the potty well - the rest will just take time...maybe pull ups for heading out and about?
    Wow - maybe she's going through a growth spurt at the moment! Is she drinking much water?? I know sometimes when your thirsty you actually fell ike your hungry - iykwim?? I read somewhere they should be having about 4 cups of water a day now at this age - I struggle to get Dylan to drink that much through the day so he's usually up all night wanting water...
    Enjoy your evening!!

Kaz - You poor thing with such a heavy af...what a bugger - good luck for next month though!!
    Enjoy the lantern festival - I haven't heard of it before!!
    Just noticed the link to raising a happy child in your signature - great book - I have a few by him - raising boys is good and I've got the secrets of happy children...

We're having a quiet night in - am going to cook Hokkien noodle stir fry! I've been getting into a bit of cooking and baking at the moment considering the lack of funding I have to do any shopping or go out and have fun - LOL! The kids are loving it though and I'm enjoying making some yummy stuff! I've been so addicted to watching Masterchef as well - not that I'm sometimes into the real gourmet stuff but it has definitely made me want to cook more!
    Oh - and am getting super excited - Michael and I are off to the Pink concert on Wed night!! It will be our first music concert ever together and a night out to ourselves!!!

Chat later!

oh wow, very jealous of Pink Kris! We bought our new stove, I can't wait to have a kitchen again so I can cook!

Hey ladies, how does one go about finding a babysitter?

Hi!

Kaz - Yeah on a new stove!! That will be nice!

Hmm...not sure on getting a babysitter - I haven't got one except my mum on occasion - some people I know have asked the girls that work at creche because they are familiar with the kids and thats worked out well for them - otherwise word of mouth - or you could try an agency...I guess it depends what your comfortable with! Otherwise if I'm free I'll have Pip!! LOL!!

Just watched Transformers DVD with Michael - expected it to be awful but it wasn't too bad...now Ethans up with a snuffly nose and cough...hmmm - not expecting too much sleep tonight!!

Chat later!

Me free too Kaz...dunno about the sitter though. Sorry af is heavy better luck next month.

Kris- becca is in my arms now...wont go to sleep. We just had a delightful trip home as olivia doesnt like her new car seat...maxi ider and wanted to get out...open door mummy! So she screamed for 30 minutes and some and i finally just got her to sleep.

ok will talk again soon arm is falling off!

Mel - given the choice between maxirider or his convertable baby car-seat, he'll take the baby car-seat. Wonder what it is? Maybe cause its not as inclined?

Thanks for the offers ladies, I'm after someone I can have on a monthly basis here @ home so dh & I can do "date night" once a month.

Kaz I think thats it....i have the maxi rider on recline but its still not really reclined and yesterday she fell asleep and her head kept floping forward. Then dh reclined the cars actual seat and that helped but when she woke up she didnt like it recline so far...i dont know what to do! Hope se will get used to it soon.

Had a shocker of a night. Think I will have to stay home for a few days and get both these girls back into a good sleeep routine.. Olivia definately gets stuffed up with a day sleep and Rebecca has only been sleeping for an hour a day....

Well take care all.

Hi girls,

So great to hear from everyone! I feel like a bit of a looser sometimes cause I come in here and noone has been here for such a long time, besides me, I usually just check in and go then, lol!! In my buddies thread for Liam, it's sooo slow! So much slower than ours was at that stage, when we were mostly sahm's. Now we are all working and have more bubba's it's so busy sometimes....anyway I'm rambling now!
    I guess just feel like I have no life at the moment. Anyone else? I don't do stuff for me. I don't go out don't have friends I just go and see. I can't remember the last time I went to a friends house, let alone went out with some friends. Plus now I'm working these hours, it's just such bad timeing in the day. Smack bang in the middle of the day. I can't do much in the mornings cause it takes so long to get ready for anything and then Liam needs a morning sleep anyhow, then in the arvos, it's 4pm by the time I'm actually able to get anywhere and who want's visitors at 4pm??? Especially if you have kids of your own you're starting to think about dinner and winding down, not getting ready for a visitor. I can't take Lily to the park and stuff on my own cause I can't look after both her and Liam at the same time, cause she's such a daredevil and Liam eats anything off the ground! I'm worried Lily will hurt herself or do a runner. I don't want to go to the shops cause I get depressed that we have no money to spend on all of the nice stuff for the kids, and that I'm so fat I don't want to buy stuff for me...besides we still have no money!
    Ugh, anyway........I'm not having a good day in case you didn't notice! DH has taken the kids out cause I lost it. I am feeling pretty sorry for myself. Ok I'm going, wnough of the whinging from me. Hope everyone is feeling better than me!

Kel, sorry you're having such a bad day. You sound SO much like me. I have been complaining all week to DH that I just don't get any time to myself to do stuff. I don't even really have any friends I could go and see anyway, as my two besties live up on the Central coast now Oh and the feeling fat thing I can totally relate to. The Wii Fit told me I was obese this morning for the first time Not having a fun time right now about myself The boys have been great, it's been all about me feeling bad.

Kel, you only live near Liverpool somewhere don't you? Do you work five days a week? I'm at Raby so would love to meet up for a coffee or something if you're ever free. It'd have to be kid-friendly as I can't even leave J for a few hours. Let me know if you're interested

Jared's just woken up and wants some milk, so I'll bbl for more personals

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast