Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Mel and Kaz, do you have the Maxi-rider with AHR? We got it for Ben a few months ago and haven't had a problem with him moving out of his other more reclined seat. When he falls asleep his head seems to fall onto the AHR part so it has something to rest against rather than just lolling on his chest. We talked up the new seat a lot before it arrived and then before it went into the car. Now we're taking it to Qld with us in November for Jared on the plane and Ben has told us that he's not allowed to use his 'big boy seat' That will be interesting

Mel, we always get thrown out of routine after only one day away from home I hope the girls settle back into one for you quickly this week.

Urgh! J has just woken up again! I swear that kid has a BB sensor

KEl- I do the same. I come on here, see that no one has posted then off I go. Its really bad in Rebeccas thread, most of the time I am posting to myself so sometimes I think why bother...or should I join a differnt group (most have migrated to early December). I try and post in here often but then I feel like I have no life either and my days are spent on the computer waiting to talk to someone. We went to the park yesterday and I said to dh look at all the other kids, they are so well dressed and olivia is in her Sunday bummer clothes...which we dress her in most of the time, trackies and a jumper. I hate shopping too coz we have no money to splurge on realy nice clothes and most of the stuff our girls have are hand me downs. I suppose I look at it in the long term and we are saving money for when they are older! I also feel like you all my friends...well I dont have many so most of the time I am at home with the girls. I am slowly trying to make friends with people with kids so its getting there, but I dont have hobbies of my own and I am also too fat to go out to buy something nice for myself. I sympathise with you. Take mels offer up and go have coffee or meet at an indoor playground.

Mel- we have the AHR and I suppose Olivia has to get used to putting her head on it and not flopping forward. Even with it in recline mode it still isnt really reclined! We kept our routine yesterday and Olivia was asleep by 730...yay. No sleep during the day is the only way for her now. I had a really good sleep and only woke up at 1am to settle Bec. So I slept from 10pm til 730ish.

Tonight I am making falafals and beetroot dip and tzatzici (sp?) and pasta salad. Am going to try do other things opposed to meat and 3 veg every day. Oh and I lost about 2kgs after my post on facebook. Got myself a pedometre to make sure I am doing 10000 steps a day. Still I have about 7kgs to loose to get to pre pregnancy weight and then another 4kgs to get to when I first met dh!

Ok have a great day

I hear you ... I've gotten into the habit of putting Pip into his "good" clothes cause we don't go out anywhere really where he would wear them!

I need to lose about 10kg to get to the upper end of "normal" and another 10 kg to get to my pre-melbourne weight. I'd be happy with just the first 10kg.

Pip is also known as "whingey boy" at the moment, he's just sitting on DH's lap whining cause I won't put "igglepiggle" back on - we tape it each day and he watches it when he gets home and then we watch the news. Tonight he's grumpy

With the maxi-rider, not sure what you mean by AHR?

Hi!

Mel/Kaz - what a bugger with the kids in the car seats - I haven't had that drama so can't really help - sorry...I know Louis sometimes falls asleep with his head forward but Dylans never has really...none of our seats are reclined...We're just about ready to sit Ethan forward though which is quite exciting!!! He's getting so big - fully crawling and standing now! Cheeky monkey!! It's amazing how quickly they end up gettign it!

Kaz - Thanks for picking up your tupper - hope you're feeling better...Good for you trying to organise a date night!!! I hope you find someone!!
    Pip is just so gorgeous!! He's such a quiet little thing - I can't believe how he just walked out with you without a hassle - I would have had to carry my boys out kicking and screaming - LOL!!!

Kel - You poor thing...it can be hard getting out and about with kids - especially when they're so little! I'm a bit of a hermit at the moment - the cold weather & lack of money doesn't help either though!!
    Most importantly though there's nothing wrong with having us as your friends!!! LOL!! It's sometimes easier because we're all in the same situation and can relate to one another...
    I think one of the important things to look at as well is this is all temporary - in the blink of an eye our kids will all be at school, we'll all be heading back to work or already working, and life will become a little more easy...I mean there are challenges at every age but at least by then the kids will sleep well, eat on their own and wipe their own bum! LOL!!!
    Sometimes we just need to embrace the fact that life with small kids is hard - you can feel isolated and feel stifled at times by these little dependent bubbas BUT it won't last...
    Also, I know it's easy to leave ourselves at the bottom of the list but a happy mumma equals happy kids and family!! Reallly try and do something nice for yourself each day...it's important that you recharge and refuel when you can so you can be a happy, positive mum...
    And after all my dribble remember your doing an amazing job!!!! Don't be too hard on yourself!!!

Dis - Same above applies to you too! LOL! Actually it applies to all of us - I only write all this stuff because I go through the same feelings as well! I just know it's essential to make changes if things are starting to get on top of me..Nothing changes if nothing changes - if you're not happy with something you have the choice to change it!!! Even if it's a small baby step for now...

On the weight issue - I've put on 2kg this month! LOL!!! Nice winter padding!! How about we all make an effort to make some changes - I know Mel's doing really well - how about a weigh in each week??? Let's really motivate and help each other to make some postive changes???
    You can all tell me to shut up - that's fine..but it might be nice to support each other seeing it seems that that's what most of us are missing at the moment!!!!

Mel - Well done on losing weight!! Sounds like your doing so well at the moment! Keep it up!!! You know I'm always around if you ever want to catch up!! I'm happy to come over to you sometime as well, otherwise your more than welcome to come here anytime if you want to get out of the house!!

Big w toy catalogue is online - woohoo - no prices yet - I can feel a shopping spree coming on - LOL!!! Won't be going at midnight this year though that's for sure!!!
    Had a chilled out day - made vanilla slices which are yummo (geez wonder why I'm putting on weight - LOL!) We also made fried rice for dinner which turned out really well!! I'm doing way to much cooking at the moment!! LOL!
    Michael's gone out so I bathed the boys and got them all to bed - so far so good - but poor Ethan is still so snuffly that I'll expect him in bed with me at some point over the night...

Better go - Dylan and Louis have just started crying! xo

Kris - when we got to the car there was a tanty, he didn't want to sit in his car seat! ARGH and then he wouldn't let me put on his seat belt, there was hair pulling and kicking.

So little boy's in bed, the nappies are all washed, we all have clothes for tomorrow .. only thing of note this arvo was him having a tanty and running his nails down my lovely black tee with a cat sparkly motive, he scraped off a pile of the sparkles *grrrr*

But he was so cute when he was drawing on his blackboard, he did 2 lines and called it a snake. Then a huge circle (Patrick's moon) and another circle (mummy's moon) and more dots (a tree) and 2 more lines (a beetle). So lovely to see his thoughts process!

Kris - very true about taking time for yourself - each week (mostly) I've been going to a "womens' sacred healing circle" which is effectively meditating and vocalising your problems and releasing them into positive thoughts - its really been helping me mentally even though it's only 2.5 hours / week and $25! I think I'm getting more out of it than counselling from the psych!

Kris - when we got to the car there was a tanty, he didn't want to sit in his car seat! ARGH and then he wouldn't let me put on his seat belt, there was hair pulling and kicking.

So little boy's in bed, the nappies are all washed, we all have clothes for tomorrow .. only thing of note this arvo was him having a tanty and running his nails down my lovely black tee with a cat sparkly motive, he scraped off a pile of the sparkles *grrrr*

But he was so cute when he was drawing on his blackboard, he did 2 lines and called it a snake. Then a huge circle (Patrick's moon) and another circle (mummy's moon) and more dots (a tree) and 2 more lines (a beetle). So lovely to see his thoughts process!

Kris - very true about taking time for yourself - each week (mostly) I've been going to a "womens' sacred healing circle" which is effectively meditating and vocalising your problems and releasing them into positive thoughts - its really been helping me mentally even though it's only 2.5 hours / week and $25! I think I'm getting more out of it than counselling from the psych!

OMG Kristie...another shopping spree!!! I remember you with last years one and we didnt see you for weeks! I would love a weekly weigh in. I have been looking at the challenge they have on here but I am too...I dunno...I suppose it scares me!

Kaz the AHR is the one with the extra padding near the head. It just doesnt allow olivia to put her head right on the side like the old one. Your seat would have the AHR sign on that part of it.

Dinner was yummy....I quite like experimenting and making new stuff. I loved the beetroot dip, so glad there is lots left in the fridge.

Ok best go to bed...chat soon

Hi!

Kaz - Your healing group sounds interesting - that's great it''s making you feel so great!! How fantastic that Pip is being so creative with his drawing!!!

Mel - LOL - It definitely won't be as crazy a shopping spree as it was last year - I got in lots of trouble with that - LOL!
    I think I get what you mean about the car seats now - I think Louis had one in his but we just took it out...LOL - I assume your not supposed to but it looked really uncomfortable!!

Chat later...

Hi girls

Kris, you are absolutely right about the change thing and I actually made the decision earlier in the day on Sunday to make the change after a bad week last week. I remember seeing 'the last lecture' by Randy Pausch on Oprah a few years ago and I loved the line "You can decide to go through life as an Eeyore or a Tigger'. I'm sick of being an Eeyore, so I'm going to be a Tigger for now on I've also given up my biscuits. I am addicted to sugar and am trying to kick the habit. I was really bad after I had Ben and again until now with Jared. I have been eating a whole packet of cream biscuits a day, as well as choccie biscuits, lollies, ice cream and chocolate. Terrible. I think I justify it as being hungry for breastfeeding. Anyway, enough is enough and on our big grocery shop yesterday I exercised will-power for the first time in a long time and walked right past the biccie and ice cream aisles Step #1!!! I'll be making some wholemeal muffins today which should help me with the hunger and I stocked up on fresh fruit too. I reckon just giving up the ice cream and biccies will see me lose 1kg a week I'm about 8kgs heavier than I was WHEN I WAS PREGNANT! Yep, not BEFORE, but WHILE I WAS ACTUALLY PG! Ridiculous. About 18kgs heavier than when I met DH. Scary to see it written like that. So that's my big kick up the bum. I'd be happy to lose about 10kgs

Oh and I'm much kinder to Ben, I don't let him eat any of the junk I inflict on my own body.

Enough about all that.

Kris, I've seen the ads for Big W on the emails they sent me. June/July is rough for us financially since all our car regos and insurances are due, so I'll be avoiding them for now. They usually have sales again in October, so I might be more prepared then.

Mel, wanna come and cook for me? I hate cooking. Love baking, hate cooking. I'm going to make the muffins today and do a search for some other recipes later this week. I need stuff that's yum and filling, but that doesn't stack on the kgs.

Kaz, your weight sounds nearly exactly the same as mine. It's a bit depressing isn't it. So many things have changed in the past few years though, it's just so hard to find time to yourself. Your healing group sounds really interesting. Glad to hear you're benefiting from it.

Best be going to look after Jared. I pinched his skin in the carseat this morning when we were going down to the park. That's the second time I've done that! Poor little bugger - needs some extra cuddles today I think

Hi girls,

Thanks for the kind words of reassurance. Though I am feeling pretty lonely lately. But at least I do have you guys to come to and whine at! I appreciate it.

Dis, I would love to catch up one day, we live in Fairfield. But yes, unfortunately I do work every day. Between 11.30- 2.30. Really sucky hours. It takes me forever to get ready in the mornings, I try to clean a bit and then I usually start to get things done for work (dressed, lunch, kids ready...) at about 9/9.30 and I'm running out the door at about 10.15. I am always trying to get out by 10am, but it never seems to work for some reason, there's always something....Then I pick Lil up by 3pm and go to mums to get Liam, feed him before going anywhere and then I either go and do stuff I need to do like errands or I go home to start on dinner and stuff I'm usually home by about 4pm. So to catch up, it's either on a weekend, or after about 3.30pm. Mornings are pretty much out unless I have a day off. I will leave it up to you! And you're more than welcome to come here if you would like to. If it's too hard that's ok, I understand

Mel, we have a tonne of hand me downs too. Hand me down toys too. And although I really have no problem with the kids having them, it just gets me down a bit that I can't buy them what I want to, not stuff other people have brought, kwim?? I don't want to go nuts and get them everything they want, but just stuff thats more brought for them, not other kids. I don't know maybe I sound strange...

Kaz, I've been thinking that I should just put Lil in her nice colthes too. But I just can't bring myself to do it...I do put them on her if we are just going to the shops and stuff but if I know she'll get them dirty, I won't.
    I need to loose about 20kgs too. It sounds sooo much when I write it down . I think that's part of it, it's so overwhelming. I could technically lose 30kg and still be with my 'healthy' weight range. Plus I eat out of stress and boredom. And I've just gotten sooo lazy!
    Your womens group sounds very theraputic. I'd love to be able to afford to do something for me to relax and get out some negativity. Meditation or yoga or something....but can't afford it

Kris, yeah, I stress a bit about the kids when I go out alone. Especially if I can't restrain them! Well not Liam necessarily, Lily mostly! She's just too unpredictable, and so doesn't care if I'm with her or not. She'll just run off if she wants to. I'd be an absolute basket case if I ever lost her. I freak if she's out of my sight for a second.
    I know it's all only temporary, but I feel like I have no outlets, and time won't really change that necessarily. Time will change my being tired, but it won't change the fact I have no real life friends, that I don't do things for me much, that we dont' have spare money (well time will change that but it will be another 5-6yrs for that when I go back to work full time and the kids are at school). I just don't know where to make changes, how, in regards to time anyway. DH makes me feel guilty when I take time to myself and he has to have the kids. I don't know if he means to or if he knows he does it, but well.....blah blah! I unexpectedly worked extra hours yesterday and when I rang to tell him he said to me 'Oh but I have to work tomorrow, I wanted to rest'...he's just had 5 days off work! I think it's a great idea to try to support each other to make some weightloss changes.

Ok well, I think that's enough rambling now. Gonna go for a shower and warm up...

Hi!

Dis - Well done on doing a healthy food shop!!! That's fantastic!! Ooh - I've heard some lectures of Randy Pausch on you tube..Also can look up Anthony robbins for some great stuff - it's what has inspired me to become a life coach...so looking forward to my study next year!!
    LOL - I've got no money for the toy sale but it's no deposit lay by until xmas eve!! That's why I usually get too much because I don't need to worry about paying for it then! LOL!
    I hope you get inspired with your cooking - I remember losing quite a lot of weight once having just protein and salad for dinner - skipping carbs like pasta/potato etc...also I find if I go to bed feeling pretty empty - not hungry - but just empty I wake up feeling so skinny and am losing weight as welll! LOL! I'm sure you'll get there - slow and steady is the way to go though!! You do still need more energy bfing - it takes more extra calories to bf than it does when your p/g!! Crazy!! But just of the right foods...

Kel - One thing I'll say about the weight gain thing - we've all had babies but more than that we've all been so sleep deprived for the last few years - If there's one thing that's going to make you feel drained, lethargic and craving "bad" food it's being tired!!! So try not to feel bad that it's happened and don't knock yourself and make yourself feel worse...just focus on what you want now and what you need to do to get there!!
    Oh gosh - it's so scary losing a child!! I lost Louis once at a new mcdonalds farm concert - only for 5min and I knew he couldn't get out of the venue but I freaked out. I had Dylan in the pram just as a little baby and I didn't know what to do! LOL! We were in a basketball stadium thing and he'd decided to climb to the top of the steps - it's only when a woman saw Cindy looking around that she asked if he was hers! I honestly could have cried!! It was such a relief!! I went against my instincts letting him go to the front of the stage on his own though (there wasn't that many people there and it was very open) but it really doesn only take a split second to lose them. I learnt then to follow my mummy instinct at every opportunity!!
    Don't let your dh make your feel guilty - you're only feeling guilty because you feel that way anyway - if you know you need some time out then take it!! He may grizzle and groan but he'll get over it -how many times have you said to him that you don't want him to do something and he does it anyway?? Guys are great at doing what they want and getting their way - we need to take some lessons from them! LOL - they're pretty good at putting there needs first!!! You don't want to start building resentment over it!! Just make the choice to do something for yourself!!
    When I have my chill out Saturday arvos I don't have money at the moment to go shopping or anything but I just lock myself in my room with my computer or a mag or books or have a snooze - anything - but it's nice to know that I'm not responsible for the kids (other than feeding the baby) It give me something to look forward to after a long week and helps me to recharge. So you don't need heaps of money to do something just for yourself - you just need to make the decision to do it!!

Anyway...enough of my blabbering...

Had a great day - got some housework done and Ethans been crawling around everywhere!! He's still quite snuffly so I'm off to take him to the dr's tomorrow.
    Louis was very clever and got himself dressed after bathtime and did up all his buttons on his pj's!
    Dylan is so gorgeous at the moment...he loves playing his keyboard and sings his songs in the microphone!!

We're off to see Pink tomorrow night! So excited!!! Should be an awesome show and we're both looking forward to getting out of the house! LOL!

Chat later!!

Well its another early day for me again today I think I slept on the girls floor for a few hours and by the time I got myself back to bed, Rebecca was up.
    I feel good though because I fell asleep watching some crud movie around 830...so had a big but interrupted sleep.

Kel I understand about the life friends. I find that one hard too. I dont know if you remember but last year at my wedding my best friend didnt show up, then essentially told me to leave her alone....long story BUT she was my best friend who I could talk to about deep things. I dont have that and its really lonely in that respect. I mean I have met people along the way but I cant talk to them about some stuff. Dont feel guilty about having you time. Your dh will get over it and just make hime feel guilty back. I think I might do what Kris is doing and take one day a week for me time....its fair

Well the sole reason I jumped on was to tell you that I almost hit the 73kg mark!!!! I am 74.0kgs....oh I am excited. About 2 months ago I was 78kgs. Its starting to excite me. I know the first step is always the hardest and I just needed that motivation. Now its here. I can see some light. So whos for a weigh in? Am happy to do it once a week. I know I will go up next week coz AF is coming..... but anyone suggest a day?

Ok better go wake dh for work...I accidently turned off his alarm!

Mel, I'm up for a weigh-in How about some time on the weekend as that's when most of us find time to jump on here pretty consistently? It's also the time I can palm the kids off to DH for a few minutes while I actually weigh myself Well done on the weight loss! I'm over 80kgs - yikes! Never, ever been this heavy before.

Kris, clever little Louis! He's turning into such a big boy now. It must make things a little easier, with him able to do some things for himself now.
    Have an awesome time at the Pink concert. I would have loved to have gone, but as it turns out, I wouldn't have been able to, as I still can't leave Jared (won't take a bottle). It looks like it will be a fantastic show.

Kel, would love to catch up. Ben is a bit sniffly at the moment and I don't want to get your kids sick after they just got better. Afternoons would be fine. Ben wakes from his nap around 2/2:30 these days so it would be perfect timing. We're happy to travel up your way, whether you want to meet in a playland, cafe or whatever, I'll let you decide. How about next week?

We had a bit of a better night last night. Jared is actually still asleep right now. Ben was up crying at 6am, I think his stuffy nose scared him a bit when he couldn't breath properly. He came into my bed for snuggles at 7 for half an hour which is very unusual and absolutely lovely Last night when he was ready for bed he climbed up onto my lap told me he'd "had 'nuff" (I assume of playing) threw his arms around my neck and gave me a "wuv oo wots mummy". I almost burst into tears but I didn't want to scare him off I swear he knows when he's pushed my buttons during the day and tries to make it up to me! He's also getting very clever with his numbers and can recognise all numbers from 1 to 9. This age is just full of amazement - for them and for us AT them

Hi!

Bugger on th early morning Mel! Lucky you went to bed early!! Congratulationson doing so well with your weight loss!!
    I think we should do weigh ins on Mon mornings!! It may help us feel motivated for the week!
    That was so awful about your friend....I have one close friend who I've been friends with since playgroup - we've had times when we've drifted apart and then got close again but if there's one thing I've learnt it's that you need different friends for different things - it's unfair to think you'll get all your needs met from just one friend - and I had to learn that about dh as well - I expected so much from him - I wanted him to talk with me about everything etc and he's just not into that so I find I talk to a lot of people about different things! I think that's why forums are so successful!!

ETA: Dis - happy to do weigh ins on the weekend as well! Aww Ben sounds gorgeous at the moment with his I wuv oo's! Very cute!

Guess what?? Ethan slept through last night!!! Not a peep was heard from 7.30-7.30!! Wow! I hope he keeps it up although I won't hold my breath - LOL!

Better go and eat brekky...chat later!

WOAH!!! You guys have been chatting up a storm! From posting after myself its a nice change!
    NT scan went well on Monday, no results yet but bubba looks good and was very un-cooperative though, hope he/she improves for the 19-20wk scan when we can find out the sex! It was the longest scan ever and I had to pee three times! Beau and DH came in too to see the 'bubba on tv', made it all seem a bit more real, and I have popped out for sure aswell, I am 13 weeks 4 days today! The midwife called me though yesterday afternoon and I have Group B Strep - I have to go and get a script for antibiotics - anybody ever have it with PG?
    Sheesh all this talk about weight is depressing me aswell, although she weighed me at the scan and I had a look at my yellow card with Beau and I am the same weight from the same time with him which shocked the hell out of me! (85kgs) Its not a great weight though, dont get me wrong! But I thought I was heavier than that IYKWIM?

Kel- Oh dont worry, having no friends is my daily routine since we moved! My friends from the city ask "who I hang out with?" uh like, Beau?? I agree with Kris though, it is only for a short period of our lives that the kids are so housebound for sleeps etc, as they get older the opportunities get greater to meet people, pre-school, kinder and school. I guess I am lucky that Dh loves hanging out with us and we spend all our spare time together, a bit different from girlfriend time but at least it makes the weekends special. Kris is right again though, I have a tendancy to want everything from him, emotional support, love, my psychiatrist and best friend....its a big ask! We dont have heaps of cash at all (thats why we moved!), but everyone always comments on how Beau is dressed, I mix up stuff from Best & Less and Kmart with more expensive stuff, I always buy plain or simple stripes and things from the cheap shops, I pile on the accessories too, beanies, caps, scarves and braces on his pants, badges on his jackets - I like making him look amazing without spending a fortune. I know you have mentioned moving away before in a few years, have you and DH spoken about it recently? When we lived in the city, I had to count coins for nappies and groceries, at least here we have money for the essentials every week and can put a bit away for renovations - perhaps moving somewhere cheaper would take away some of that burden? It runs your life unfortunatly.

Kris - Good to hear from you! I thought we lost you to facebook for a while there! Sorry all the boys have been sick, I hope your sore throat doesnt develop any more. Ive already had it twice this pregnancy and my throat is sore again! I am so petrified of swine flu! LOL at you and the BigW sale! Werent you buried under a trampoline and playhouse at 1am or something last time??? Ha ha Id love to be part of the weigh in - I'll be going the other way however!! Hey I am glad your DH has been on daddy duty a bit recently, good on you having your Saturday arvo free, at least you have it to look forward too every week! how are the boys all sleeping now? (Just read your last post Woo Hoo on Ethan sleeping thru!!)

Mel - No dates yet, I am due on the 27th of December so I am hoping for the 19th or 20th, but I dont meet with the GP till 36weeks to set the cesarean date - I want to have the CS as soon as, imagine spending Xmas day in hospital? Ick! i love love Xmas!! weird to think we will be 4 then....Wow thats so great at your weight loss - good girl, great to see some results. i remember you telling us about your friend and how out of the blue it was - its hard when you are feeling crap and just want to have a chat with someone and run through a list of people in your mind and draw a blank for someone that will understand you. Also when you have babies and think that this person will never share that with you - thats hard too.

Dis - Far out Ben sounds so cute when he says I love you - counting the days before Beau says that - every night DH tries to get him to say "Love" - gosh we say it enough to him!
    Thats a good step with the shopping, if its not in the house you cant eat it - I do that form time to time, usually when with DH doing weekly shop - then I sneak back in during the week and buiy treats for us Hope Bens nose clears up soon - Glad Jared has been sleeping well for you. We need to get around to buying another car seat for Beau, he absolutely loves the car and I dont think he would complain if he sat on a pile of phonebooks!

Kaz- Oh Kaz thats hilarious that Pip gives you directions on the way home!! Hugs on your heavy period, hopefully next month! I love drawing with Beau too - especially the way they advance and give the scribbles names etc, I finally got him some bath crayons - that was a mistake!! When he uses the red, the bathroom looks like American Physco in there!

Ok this is an epic - I am going!!!!

Wow thats a big post Jen! Am glad your scan went well. Must be getting exciting.

I have had an interesting day....olivia wont let me get her dressed and shes been running around in a singlet. I can get her dressed but it will be a major screaming match and I am sure i will be kicked or something, so I cant be bothered! BUT she has done really well and hasnt had one accident yet. She even did a poo, although she wasnt too sure about it and almost did it outside the potty. Now she wants to use our toilet. We have a soft insert but she finds it hard to get up, so might ge one with steps and handles. I just dont know how to get her to ear undies....such a fight.

Oh has anyone done the shettles method and had it work??? hehe

Jen, I was going to the shops two or three times a week just to buy 'essentials', you know... milk bread and biscuits! I've been having headaches which I honestly think are withdrawal-related. Today I was also having a serious lack of energy. I think my body is trying hard to adjust to the major decrease in sugar.
    You are so creative with Beau's clothes! Ben wears Thomas clothes. That's pretty much it He got given a whole lot for his birthday so his whole wardrobe is practically Thomas stuff and he has a whole heap more Thomas stuff in size 3 waiting for him to grow into it. At least he likes getting dressed in the morning
    Glad to hear the scan went well. Don't you just love that first glimpse of your little one?

Mel, oops, I shouldn't have said that about Ben liking to get dressed At least Olivia is doing well with her toilet training. Ben's still showing no interest at all.

Ben has been bored today. He's driving me a bit nuts actually. He's also started hitting Jared every now and then. I think it's just playful, but I'm not totally sure. I had no energy to take him out anywhere today though, and I think he's gotten use to it. Jared has slept a total of half an hour since he got up at 9:15 this morning. That's far too little sleep for a five month old! He's sitting up by himself now and just thinks he's so clever!

S'pose I'd better go and get the clothes off the line before the night air gets to them. I might try and dig up a multivitamin too, two more days until my sleep in....

Hi Everyone,
    Just got a call before from the midwife re my NT scan, my trisomy number is showing meduim risk for downs - I have to go and see the doctor at the hospital on Friday to talk options - I know I already want an amnio, all the waiting may kill me though - lots of tears this afternoon. Anyone else have high risk?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast