Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #13

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZANE!!!

Hope it's been a great day, Fletch!

Hi to everyone else also, hope you've all had a lovely weekend. And thanks to everyone for your encouragement re TTC. (And LOL, Brooke!)

Sending get well vibes to all the sick mums & bubs. Hope you are all feeling better soon!

Jo...Josh loves remotes too. And he always manages to find the "change channel" button just as something that I want to see comes on! Sammy sounds so gorgeous with his truck - clever boy Yep, I agree about Raising Boys, it does make a lot of sense. I read the whole book a few months ago, but am planning to read it again when Josh gets a bit older and it becomes a bit more relevant.

Soph...poor Lucie...I hope she is feeling better soon. How has seen been today?

Storm...YAY for the dishwasher! We installed one just before Josh was born. I LOVE it! Hope the formula gets Zac back to normal.

Louise...well done on the bargains. I don't blame you wanting to avoid the travelling. Hope you can get it all sorted out soon.

Cass...I hope your family is on the mend soon! Poor Kaitlyn, I hope she is feeling better.

Brooke...how are you all doing?

We've had a nice weekend. We had lunch out today and did a bit of shopping - we bought lots of nice stuff for Josh. Sales time is great!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzhgygh

sorry that was maria having a chat, can someone send her some sleep vibes

LOL!

to Maria!

Oh Louise I hope Maria got some sleep for you! I stress every time I get Lucie weighed too, and I know it's not a reflection on me that she won't eat or put on weight, but it feels like it? I know it's not a rational thing to say and DH thinks I am mad, but YKWIM?

Storm - How is Zac back on the formula? Hope the runny nappies end quick smart.

How was yesterday Fletch?

Hi Bec! What did you buy? Toys or clothes?

LOL Jo, Lucie often gets a smorgasbord! And if she doesn't eat anything then DH runs and does the 2 min noodles or a cream cheese sandwich, but they weren't even working yesterday! How is the horse going? And how is Jess?

Hi everyone else!

Well Lucie kept waking last night every hour or so, but still put herself back to sleep. Poor munchkin. She didn't want dinner last night either but managed to drink 80ml of formula. Not great but kept her going at least. She had a half decent attempt at a bottle this am but not too hopeful about breakfast. I'll be happy if she keeps this bottle down. Nearly been 30 mins since it, so hopefully ok. I've even caved in and given her her dummy (usually only for bed), in the hope that sucking will help keep the milk down! She's very snotty but still quite playful and chirpy. Oh I hate it when kids are sick, suppose I had better get used to it though eh? It just tears your heart out when you can't do anything for them.....

Hi girls
    We have had a busy but lovely w/end with Zaney's b'day party and my mum was up for my neice's 3rd b'day!

Fletch - how was the big day?!!! Hope u had a lovely time celebrating as a family. The party was great - we had heaps of fun (yummo burgers and party food) - and el had sooooo much fun on the swing!!!
    Cass and Soph - u poor things!!!!!!!! This sickness just doesn't want to leave everyone alone!!! Hope those little cherubs are getting back to normal again...sending heaps of hugs
    Brooke - wooohooo on the paid mat leave - that must make u feel better How's the preg going?
    Storm - a dishwasher!!!!!!!!!!!! That's great -u won't know urself!
    Louise - hope Maria is sleeping a bit better for u...she's such a cutie by the way!
    Jo - ooooohhhh i totally understand the frustration about their obsession with remotes! Ella goes crazy when she sees them...her fav is the foxtel too - i think it's because it's the most colourful - i'm tempted to go to **** Smith and just buy her one of her own - hehehehehe!
    Bec - best wishes with the TTC! I'm gonna try for #2 very soon too so hopefully we'll be able to share sucess and preg stories together!

Have a great day girls - and give all those little ones (espesh the sick ones) an extra cuddle from me and Ella!

Hi Rae - Sounds like a fab weekend and sounds like Fletch did an awesome job of the party too.

I agree it seems like the sickness just keeps going around and around. Had anyone escaped it?

Storm - Dishwashers are fab. I have one for the first time in our new place and I LOVE IT! DH was always 'supposed' to do the dishes but never did. So now I just load it throughout the day and then hey presto! I have actually kept doing bottles by hand though, I think they were getting that dishwasher taste too them and Lucie wasn't too happy about it.

Just went for a big walk. Snot face seems a bit less snotty so I hope the fresh air did her good. Still pretty grumpy and only snacking on rusks etc - no meals as such, but drinking a bit of milk so just trying to pump the fluids through her to flush out the germies. Ahhhhh she's just emptied my basket of ironing and is now upside down in it. Little rat!

Fletchie how was little Zaney's big day. Hope it was lovely.

LOL at snotface Soph lol...hope the walk and fresh air did her and you both good. Its good to get out and about. Poor darling with her sleep too. Nice day to snuggle eh. Lol at the ironing basket too..they just get into everything dont they!!!!Jess is good thanks..doing really well. Not enjoying not being able to do much but her arm should be ok out of its sling this week. Gemma the horse is actually going back to its owner today. We have borrowed her from the kids horse riding instructor for them to practice on and for us to discover if its what we want full time.

Aww Rae glad you had a nice busy weekend. The foxtel remote is by far the prettiest lol and biggest here too so maybe it just stands out!!

for Maria.....in case Bec's and Soph's didnt do the trick!!!They just love those catalogues dont they..cheapest amusement ever!!!

Bec gotta love t hose sales eh. Now seems like its such a great time everywhere! Im certainly hoping its the case today as Im hitting the shops lol.

Storm hope youve had a nice weekend.

Well so hope you are all having a lovely day today. Its raining steadily here today. We had a lovely weekend. We had our friends over who just got back from a UK holiday. Was lovely seeing them again..its been 2 months...and you can imagine how much Sammy has changed in that time..so they were blown away that hes stepping now. Im waiting for little boy to wake up now so we can head off to the shops and so I can get some suprises without him looking for his birthday. I cant believe hes nearly one!!!

Jo

Lol At Lucie getting into the ironing basket Soph!!

Zac loves the foxtel remote too!! He points it at the telly & looks at us as if to say " can I put cartoons on?"

How was Zane's big day Fletch?

I keep thinking to myself, this time last year.......... oh it's terrible, there are only 10 days to go!

Yay for a good weekend Rae, ours was so busy I'm glad it's over!

Loving the dishwasher!! Although I did just wash up by hand this morning, but I had to do bottles I dont think I want to do them in the dishwasher. Besides, the benches & cupboards still need washing, they wont fit in there!!

Lol at Maria making her own post !! How cute???

Did your friends enjoy their holiday JO? Must be great having them home & telling about all the wonderful adventures they had.

Hope everybody is enjoying their day!! I am .
    Ob visit went well this morning , I have another u/s in 3 weeks, hoping to find out what I'm packing too!! Can not believe I am 16 weeks today, I don't even feel pregnant yet!!!!

You better believe it Storm because you'll be popping out a baby in about 24 weeks time! And ditch all the hand washing, except the bottles I agree.

Jo - what date is Sammy's birthday? I don't want to forgot!!!!

Ah well not much on the solids front for lunch - about a quarter of a piece of cheese on toast and a ****tail sausage (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!). Hopefully she'll have some more milk before or after her afternoon snooze. Are all the bubs still having 2 sleeps or sometimes just 1? If Lucie only has 1 she is is a nightmare.

Zac sometimes has 2 sleeps, it depends on what time his 1st one is!! If he sleeps for 4 hours through the day, which he normally does, then no chance of an arvo one, but if he only has a short sleep , say 1-2 hrs, then he'll have an arvo one.Does that make sense?

Wow Fletch your boy look sbig for 1 day old LOL!

4 hours Storm????? Wow! Lucie's sleeps are a lot shorter 40 mins to 1.5 hours, so I guess that's why she so needs to have 2.

4 hours is a bit of a bummer, he misses lunch & if I need to go out I cant. But I do get all the housework done while he sleeps, which leaves all my time to play with him!!

Fletchie, you just brought a tear to me eyes too!! Glad you had such a wonderful time!! Yippee Zane!!

Fletch that pic of Zane is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Such a big, handsome boy I feel like crying for u too - it's not fair that they grow up so quick.

Not long now Sammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ella still has 3 sleeps during the day - hooray!!!! She wakes for a feed at 7:30ish (after going to bed around 7), then will be up for an hr for a play in bed. I put her down bout 8:30-9 and she'll sleep til 10:30ish. Then she'll have big meal and playtime and is back in bed around midday/1pm for an hr or two - and will finally have another sleep between 4-5pm. She's like her mum and loves her sleeptime!

Feeling a bit down today after an arguement with my sister. She's just being inconsiderate right now. It is my neices 3rd b'day today - so my mum came up from cooma to celebrate with her on the wk/end. Anyway cutting a long story short my sister arranged at the last minute a party for her at 7:30pm at hogs breath.

Mum had to catch the plane at that time (which my sister knew about) and we were gonna drive her to the airport for making the effort and coming to visit when she's really busy and stressed with work (she's a nurse who's just changed jobs to Mental Health). So DH, Ella and i couldn't even make the party as it was too late to go out (as el's usually in bed by 7 - another thing my sister already knew) by the time we got back from the airport.

Both mum and i have been bugging my sister for two weeks about birthday plans and it wasn't until yest arvo that she told us this. So now she's furious that we didn't go (even though mum and i took Liela out for lunch, got her haircut...as she'd taken scissors to it 6 wks ago and her mother hadn't bothered to get it fixed), and gave her our pressies.

I'm just really annoyed and hurt because mum and i, who do everything for Leila...i damn well look after her most of the time for nothing...weren't even taken into consideration. Instead my sister invites 20 friends of hers - that Leila hardly knows -to her party. Well i guess u get that when ur 20yrs old!!!! Now i can't even ring and wish my little neice happy birthday cause my sister won't answer her phone. It's just not right!!!!

Well i've been wondering how to approach the subject with her about dropping down to only minding Leila 2 days a week as we want to TTC #2 soon - so maybe when she comes crawling back for me to mind her again this week i'll bring it up then. I just HATE fighting sooooo much with my family - especially my sister as she really holds grudges. 2 yrs ago we had a little disagreement - it was hardly anything - and she wouldn't let me see Leila for nearly 2 months. I just couldn't handle if she did that this time as Leila is almost like my own and her and Ella are so close.

Sorry to ramble on - needed to vent....was hoping it would make me feel a bit better
    Thanks

Fletch you have to tell us all about the party and birthday!

Rae - I reckon your sister sounds a bit selfish if you don't mind me saying. Sounds like you do heaps for Leila and she doesn't really appreciate the effort, nor your mothers effort to come up for the birthday. You look after her heaps and while you obviously love her tonnes, you do have to think of yourself too, especially if you are TTC again. You probably won't have as much time for Leila when you have another munchkin of your own, although no doubt she'll still be thrilled to bits to spend time with you and Ella and the new bub. She should be apologising to you!

Storm - Wow that is unbelievable you must be able to do so much in that 4 hours! Go Zac! He obviously loves his sleep too.

I just got conned by an 11 month old We were in Big W and Lucie (who has developed a fascination with dogs lately) spotted a toy dog. I stupidly took it off the shelf to have a bit of a play with her - it barks and sniffs and moves. Anyway she wouldn't let me put it back. Usually I just do, she has a tantrum and a few minutes later all is forgotten. But she really loved it and looks so sick atm, so I got it for her!!!! Oooops Dh is going to kill me!

Omg at 4 hours Storm!!!!! WOW. Sammy will sleep for 1 hour normally sometimes will stretch it to 11'2 hours lol...and during that time I have to fly to get everything done. You think you could get your bub to whisper in my bub's ear!!! 16 weeks too..gee its flying along! Our friends had a great time thanks...but they found it was long enough and could have come home a couple of weeks earlier. I guess with kids and staying with other people and not having your own space can only go on for so long.

Awww Fletchie...now you will get me going!!!Im glad your weekend went well. What is the canopy trike? Sounds like hes had such a fun time! Love the new ticker too!

Rae thats great little Ella still loves her 3 sleeps. Sammy has two most days but every now and then will just have the one. Sorry you are having a hard time with your sister. Its tough isnt it in families. My brother is 23 and has a 3/12 year old too. Him and his girlfriend split up a year and half ago and we parent so differently...I just have to bite my tongue though lol. You are an angel though for doing it at no cost..what a fantastic aunty and sister you are.

Soph Sammys bday is on wednesday ..its the 2nd...two more sleeps. If its any consolation..i get connned regularly..but i just call it a reward for good behaviour lol...try that one on your hubby!

I had a ball shopping today ...went a little bit overboard but hey he only has his first birthday once. He was an absolute angel too!

Jo

Hey girls

Soph...it was a bit of everything yesterday (shopping wise). We got Josh a top from Pumpkin Patch and a little pair of runners (so cute!) from Osh Kosh. And we went to Babies Galore and bought a stroller. I've been keen to get something light and easy to run around with at the shops etc. Much easier to manouvre than the big 3-wheeler. I love it already. And all on sale! LOL about getting conned by Lucie! Clever girl. Sending her some eating and sleeping vibes...

Jo...you're allowed to go overboard - it's your little boy's first birthday! Sounds like you had a good day. Good on Sammy for being a little angel...he must have known that you were buying him pressies!

Storm...yay for 16 weeks! Hope you can find out bub's flavour at your next u/s!

Awww Fletch, you nearly made me cry with your post too! I'm glad to hear that Zane's birthday weekend was so special. His new ticker picture is gorgeous. He really does look like a grown up little boy in it.

Rae...what a difficult situation to be in. The plans for your niece's party weren't reasonable and it sounds like you certainly deserve a lot more appreciation for what you do for your sister. I hope you can get it all sorted out soon.

On the topic of sleep...Josh has 2 naps per day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. They can range anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes each. I am SO jealous of Zac's 4 hour sleeps! Josh is still waking through the night too. I was watching Robyn Barker (the author of Baby Love) on the Today Show this morning and she was talking about how some babies sleep through the night from 8 weeks and some don't sleep through until they are 3 years old. I was sitting there thinking that Josh will be the one who waits until he is 3!

Lol Bec..if its any consolation Im pretty sure Sammy will be the same lol. None of the girls slept through the night til ..well it was later than 3 actually as they were always up for a drink and toilet break! Sammy still wakes regularly for at least 2 boobie feeds.

Jo

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast