Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #4

Cass - I am considering the JJ at the moment and was wondering about the stand too. Think I might go with it as well, would be handy to move around. Do you know where you can get them with the stand?

Tracey - Did Indah sleep all night again last night? How was Madd's sports?

Georgie - Great that James sounds like he is better. Wow they sure are dropping like flies at your work too!

Well disastrous day yesterday. Lucie only took 100ml for her last feed (barely 500ml for the day) and there were a heap of tears from me and DH went off the handle a bit (he's NEVER done that before!). But we ended up talking about it and stuff. He still thinks I overact. But then Lucie was pretty good with her pumpkin and rice cereal after that. This am she had 200ml and about a tbs of rice cereal and yoghurt. Fingers crossed it's a better day.

But she has learnt to drink through a straw!!! Well not exactly, but the mag mag has a straw attachment and she has learnt to suck the water up. She spits basically all of it out I think, but it's a start. She find sippy cups really hard cos she can't work out that you have to tip them up and she isn't very good at sucking through them. Does anyone else find that?

Hi Soph , quiet in here!.

Have you spoken to Lucies DR about the amount that Lucie eats? or maybe your family Dr. Maybe with the kind words of reassurance from one of them you may be able to relax a little more. I was so stressed as Kaitlyn has not increased her feeds since she was about 2.5months!! but when I spoke to her Dr he just said not to worry that they need to slow down or they will end up giants basically hehe. I think your worries are totally valid and it is probably hard to stop worrying as you now focus on it more as well ( mmmm sounds like me !) But maybe with a little chat to a DR it may put your mind at ease. I mean she is growing , happy , healthy very well developed with her crawling and interaction so all in all she is one happy , healthy well adjusted little girl!.

And dont stress to much about DH , I am a real worry wart and my DH lets me go for so long and then kinda pulls me up as well hehehehe.

With the Jolly Jumper they are a bit expensive , the stand is $89.95 and the Jolly Jumper is $52.95 . So I am trying to buy a stand on EBay and then I will buy a new Jolly jumper thing as I am a bit funny about buying someones drooled on one ...unless I know them hehe. Anyway I am watching few at the moment on ebay. Let me know if you end up bidding and i will do the same so we dont go into a bidding war against each other

Hope you are all having a good day!.

Soph,
    Maddy went staright from bottle to straw & I was happy with that...

I think I have said once before that I am not keen on those spill proof sippy cups.. As I have watched many a child use those spill proof cups where they drop them down & the cup doesnt spill, but they then tend to drop every cup & there ends up being a mess... As they cant differentiate from sippy spill proof to a regular cup...
    So I have Maddy's old mag mag cup & will go straight to a straw with Indah too & cups must be placed down correctly on a table not dropped willy nilly.. Ok getting down from my soap box...

Soph, I think for your sanity & Dh's sake maybe you do need to relax a bit more with Lucie's feeding...(ducks for cover!)
    I know it's easier for me to say coz Indah has 500ml in her 2 day time bottle, plus booby during the morning & afternoon & then a bottle of formula at night which is another 250ml...
    But maybe she is having hungry days & not hungry days, is she having plenty of wet nappies & is she contented?
    Maybe she is a snacker? Just try to relax a little bit more, as yopu are preg again missy, so take care... (I hope I didnt sound bad, just dont want you all panicked & stressing)

I have looked at the JJ on Ebay... Maybe keep an eye on them on there???
    I havent got one, not yet sure I will or not....

Indah slept all night last night, after a full on out in the cold, cuddled up in Mum's arms evening at school Sports! Dh & the other Dads sat around drinking beers, it's good he is starting to make friends & feels more comfortable with the other Dads!
    As I went to school withy amny of the Mum's from maddy's school & Maddy also did Mothers Group, Kinder & now primary school with lot's of the same kids, so we have all known each other for years...

Maddy didnt win anything but she is the smallest (smaller than most prep kids) I think she came 4th last out of about 11 girls, but she told me she came 4th! So if she is happy I am happ... She had fun... That's the main thing!!!!

hehehehheehehe Tracey, thanks heaps for your words. And yes I am going to try and relax a bit more. I mean i know logically that yes, she has always been a small eater and yes despite that she is still on her growth chart and yes she is developing well for her age and is happy and contented. I guess there is just this irrational fear in the back of my head that she will end up with a nasal gastric tube again. Totally irrational I know, because we haven't been there since the initial jaundice re-admission. I guess it's just stupid fear in my head. And yes I will try and relax more

That's great that Maddy had fun. I really believe kids should just have fun and not feel they have to win everything. Some kids I know chuck the biggest tantrums if they don't win every game they play or race they enter, and in my mind that's not the spirit of it all. So glad Indah slept well too last night.

Did Maddy spit the water out before she learnt to swallow it?

Thanks heaps too Cass. And yeap I've spoke to heaps of drs/nurses/paeds about it and they all say the same thing - don't stress and stop counting the mls, as long as she is happy and healthy don't worry. So this is my new mission. Funny that you are a worry wart too!

I will let you know about ebay too. I've been checking them out a bit there, but haven't bidded on any yet. Might start bidding next weekend after DH's next pay day, but I'll let you know which ones!

Ok so ladies my mission is to become a more relaxed mother. If Lucie isn't feeding it's 'cos she's just not hungry and I'm not to worry about it unless she is looking sick. So remind me of that if I bother you all with this nonsense again ok!

Oh and she's taken 380ml over the 2 feeds today

\/ on the 380mls... Although I am not at all condoning the counting!!! heee hee!
    Glad I didnt upset you or offend you... Your a wonderful Mummmy & it's hard to to stress & second guess yourself, but she is happy, healthy, wet nappies etc, she just isnt all that hungry....

No tanties last night over who won or lost etc, it's really good...
    There used to be a boy in Maddy's grade whom would be the winner of every game at his own birthday party... EVERY GAME was rigged so he could win, in the end he was outta control if he hadnt won something... Thankfully they moved away!!! hee hee

Maddy did initially get that splurt of water & would cough & spit it back, but got there eventually, infact she stopped taking bottle at 10 months & went straight on to water & milk from the mag mag....

Zachary has not gained any weight in 6 weeks :smt022 I tried so hard not to get upset but nup.

Sorry

Ohhhhhhhh Storm.. What is the plan of attack now...im thinking of you sweets.

Soph Sammy loves his straw cups....and yes he spits alot of his out too! I find that with the sippy cups he ends up throwing them because he cant figure it out so i have to hold it for him but with a straw cup he just thinks its great. He loves water so much....so even though alot gets all over him he is becoming alot more adept at swallowing. Hes been using one for 3 weeks now. WTG on being more relaxed! You can do it!

Whoohoo on Indah's big sleep Trace. Like you have said with Maddy..if shes happy thats the main thing. Winning should never be that important at any age. My youngest dd is like Maddy...shes always been the smallest in the class and even now at 7 only weighs 19 kg..little pip squeak that she is..though she is undaunted and is actually quite fast.

Cass have fun bidding on ebay. Hope you get your jj. We just have the hanging of the door kind and Sammy thinks its great fun so no doubt Kaitlyn will love it.

We went swimming last night. It was so gorgeous. Sammy remembered the pool and was trying to lean to get in it was so cute...flapping his little arms around and kicking his legs. Darren leaves to Perth tomorrow for a work do and then is working Friday and Sat nights after work..so will be lonely week. Hoping it goes quickly.

I have Livvy home from school today. Shes quietly watching a movie at the moment as shes not feeling well. Who watched the Oscars? Im so tired now but I love watching them. Got mums club in the morning..oh i forget what its called now..the one from the makers of scary movie. Well better go and get some neverending housework done while lil man is sleeping.

Jo

Oh Storm honey massive hugs to you 'cos I know exactly how you must feel. What did the doc/MCHN say? My doc said that it is very typical for them to slow down and even go backwards a little at this stage. I mean you can't force feed them (although we can try 8-[ ). Maybe when he does take some solids, try and make it high fat stuff like I've been doing - avocado, cheese, toast with lots of butter, make up some fatty chicken stock to make his rice cereal up Probably not the healthiest way to go about it, but that's what i've been trying anyway. And I really thing Lucie will totally be the same with the weight gain at the moment. Has he got longer?

Yeah JO, Lucie just kept trying to chew the sippy cups and I was spending a small fortune on trying all the different ones! She still has a chew on the straw, but I think she finds it easier. Hope you cope ok on your lonesome with all the kids. Wow - you are superwoman!

Tracey - Oh I so know familys like that boys you were talking about. How are these kids ever supposed to learn? Supppose I shouldn't judge too much though until I'm there! And LOL re me and my ml counting. It's the accountant in me, I can't help myself!

OOOh Storm, I dont know what to say... I am sure all will be fine, but can understand your worry/concerns... What happens from here? Wish I had a fast metabolism....

Jo, We weighed Maddy yesterday at Mum's house & she is 20.5 kgs & will be 8 in November!!! So she is very much like your youngest... Maddy is not phased by it either, she knows she is a titch & is quite happy & confident... Sometimes too confident & ****y but she is very happy & secure at her school, so no probs with that... Hope Livvy is feeling better soon & yucky at home alone for a few days, but sometimes it is also nice too...

Soph, I know I probably shouldnt comment on that kid but I had never seen anyone do that before, I'd always made certain that other kids won prizes at Maddy's party! The birthday kid was already getting enough!?

Fletch, dont give up so easily.... Go back out & shop[ again my dear!!! Tell Dh you just HAD to try the trolley thingy!!!!

GeorgieK Guest

Storm, my thoughts are with you I know its easy for me to say, but....try not to beat yourself up too much. The other girls have said it: its a "this age" thing, fast metabolism, is Zac crawling yet? Even just sitting and bouncing around uses so much more energy. If Zac is happy, eating, alert and getting on with being a baby, then it cant be too bad.

Fletchie, you have hit the nail right on the head about worrying!!! Its that responsibility thing again, I guess....

Cant wait to hear how Zane's first test-drive goes. Ive been tempted to just go clean shopper cos its too nerve-wracking on ebay, but might have to rethink now. Please, take a photo if you can!!

Its so nice to hear that its not always about winning too; as you said Tracey, as long as the kids are happy and tried their best, its all about fun! My nieces are soooo competative that every game degenerates into a fight by the end, cos of course someone has to lose. Then I have be the UN and try and mediate.

Better not hang around, supposed to be working! 8-[

Hi Girls ,

Storm what did the Dr say about Zacs weight. I am sure it is normal for them to plateau a bit isnt it?

Congrads Fletch on your Ebay purchase!

Go Maddy with her "4th Place" ...it is so nice to see she enjoys it to enjoy it!. What is the point of only wanting to come first!. And I will hope for another long sleep for Indah tonight for you !

Jo
    i hope Livvy is feeling better after a nice day of movies and relaxing.

Well I have spotted three possible jolly jumper + stand on Ebay...so I am going to go for it! . Would you used a jolly jumper that someones baby had used if you didnt know them? Do you think it is ok if you CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN it? I am a bit funny about it. Obviously if it looked foul it would be OUT!.

Kaitlyn discovered gum trees today as it was a little windy ..so cute!.

Well better run , I am having a little trouble sleeping for some reason so I am going to have a cup of tea and relax a little before heading off to bed in the hope of a good nights sleep!. Funny isnt it ..Kaitlyn will sleep from 730-5am and yet I cant fall asleep and keep waking up myself!!! arghhhh

Cass

GeorgieK Guest

Morning everyone....hope you all had a good night's sleep! DH has gone to work, James is asleep and of course I have soooo much to do that I cant even think about starting!

Soph, I missed your post yesterday, about Lucie's bad day, DH's reaction and drinking from a straw. Sounds like Lucie had a better day yesterday though. And WTG Lucie, drinking with a straw! It doesnt matter that it goes everywhere, they'll swallow when they're thristy, I reckon getting the hang of it is the big battle. James cant seem to figure out sippy cups either, inc a magmag, so I might give him the straw and see what happens.

Storm, hope you're feeling better today and not so down.

Cass, I was really thingy about second-hand (from unknown source) stuff, but I seem to have gotten over it. A friend-of-a-friend gave us a high chair (a really good one), a small stroller and this play ring thing (a blow up tube with a cover over it that has all these touchy things on it) for nix, and they were all pretty yucky, I was ready to toss them. But DH got out with the bleach, a scrubbing brush and the hose and they have come up like new and I have no probs using them. Baby stuff is generally made to last and to be easy to clean, so once you've hit it with the napisan a couple of times and hung it in the sun, I thik it would be fine.

Well, we had an up and down day yesterday. James got weighed and is 7.9kgs \/ . But he is still mostly refusing solids Mind you he had a whole tin of apples at childcare yesterday, but at home he'll have one or two spoons and then its all over. A week ago he was eating 4-6 tbs at a sitting! DH seems to think it is bc he has a old and maybe a sore throat and blocked nose....but Im afraid its becoming a battle ground and he'll never try anything new (Im sticking to pumpkin, sweet potato etc and fruit and yoghurt). Has anyone else had this "phase"??

Bugger, hes awake after 45 mins...so much for my chores!!

Georgie - my munchkin just woke up too. Bugger! Yeah I hope with the straw that she starts swallowing it, I think it flows pretty quickly though and that may be the prob, so it's just a matter of her getting used to it. Re the solids, I had that too and stopped for about 3 days, and have really slowly started again. I've just been giving her what she wants, and the last couple of feeds she's done quite well (1-2tbs which is a heap for the sparrow!). Plus I've also gone back to basics a bit with the food. Rice cereal with a bit of yoghurt in it for breakie, and my good ol' pumpkin, chicken stock and rice cereal combo for dinner. Last night though she feel asleep on her last bottle (she was a very tired bubba) and so she went to bed without any solids after that. No big deal I figure.

Cass - I was a bit the same with second hand stuff. I've got a few things from a close friend which I totally don't mind using. Now I reckon though I'd buy stuff off ebay, just clean it well and then it should be right.

Tracey - I totally agree, the birthday kid got sooooo much anyway! Not really a good example for the parents to set for other kids either. Hoping that with Lucie and #2 they will have to learn sharing, losing etc pretty quickly.

Oh Fletch, definately going to get the trolley monster now. Another pressie for Lucie for selling the house!

Feel terrible today. Woke up with a thumping headache and aching all over so there goes me trying mum and bub yoga classes today. Hate taking anything even panadol when I am pg, but I may just have to.

Anyway it's stinking hot in the sun room and making me feel blurgh 8-[

Oh and Fletch - I keep forgetting to post this so while I remember......
    Re the crawling stuff. I have no idea if this has contributed to Lucie crawling early or not, but my sister gave her this blow up toy thing that is suppose to help them crawl. It is like a blow up barrel and has a couple of balls in it and a weight thing, so when you push it, it comes back. Lucie loves pushing it around the living room. She also loves lying on it on her tum and kinda kicking off on her feet (of course you have to hold her there though). If you are interested, I can ask my sister where she got it from.

Hi Girls

hope you are all having a nice day!. Kaitlyn is sleeping and i have managed to do enough chore to keep me happy so I thought I would jump on and watch my Jolly Jumpers hehehe.

I forgot to tell you soph that Kaitlyn has a sippy cup , the no spill one and she likes to drink out of it. But she treats it like a bottle so I still have to hold it ect . I am trying to let her play around with it more so she gets the gist of holding it.

Catch you all later!

Cass

Hi ladies.

Weve just gotten back from date movie..bit of a waste of time really. Sammy was a darling through it.

Georgie hope you managed to get some stuff done today. Sammy was going through the no eating thing a while back. I actually stopped the solids for a few days like Soph and started again. Even now he much prefers to use his hands and feed himself..lol

Soph that barrel with balls sounds great. Ive seen them but not with the weights..might have to have a squiz around.

Hope you got a good nights sleep Cass..any luck with ebay?

Storm.. i hope you are ok sweets..come and talk to us...we are here for you. Little Zaccy will be putting on weight in no time..they move so much now its all just getting burnt off..gosh wish it was the same for me!!!

Im so tired today I feel like a zombie...i was up 6 times. Darren has left to Perth so am feeling a bit deflated about that. Sammys being such a sweetheart though..its hard to feel down for long with his gorgeous smiles and little expressions.

Bye for now

Jo

Oh Jo i hope you have a better night tonight. Darren will be home in no time and I hope he gives you some time out! The weights in the barrel thing are good 'co if you push it, it comes back again.

Storm - how are you matey? please let us know!

Cass - How are you going with the JJs?

Lucie is crying, very tired girl. Will go and give her her bottle but she'll fall asleep i know it! She just ate some chicken and loved it, and tried some boiled egg yolk too and seemed to like it. Yay!

GeorgieK Guest

Bit of a quiet day in here! Tracey, Fletch, youre unusually quiet and esp Storm, how are you doing today???

Hope you have a better night tonight Jo....its always the way, isnt it, that things go a bit pear-shaped when you're down a pair of hands! Glad that Sammy's pretty happy and cheering you up. Shame the movie was a dud, but then any excuse to get out and about with friends is a good one.

Go Lucie on the new foods, nice high calorie ones hehe. How are you feeling today Soph?

Fingers crossed on the JJs Cass, I know Kaitlyn will love it. James does, and he does this groovy little Elvis dance, swivleling around on one leg...very cute.

We had a couple of victories today - James ate a good luch and dinner, about 4 tbs each time, although it was from a jar!! I have all this yummu home made food in the freezer that gets rejected.... And I have finally found a sippy cup he will use \/ Of course it was the cheapest one so far So we had a pretty happy day, even some good tummy time.

Better go, semester has started and Ive got study to do, bummer. Already a week behind! Hope everyone sleeps well.

Georgie

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast