Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in August 2006

dannik Guest

Hi Girls!!!

Finally have time to write! Kat I have found it difficult doing anything with Emilia just yet, i think she is too young to get too interested, i sing little songs and have a small play cuddles etc during the feed time, then i change her and she goes to sleep... havent really been doing too much stuff with her yet. she sometimes just hangs out in her bassinett awake for a little while then starts screaming cause she wants to be held!

Nat, Emilia seems to have poo in every nappy... sometimes its a big one and some times it just a little bit... also one day it was really mustard yellow then went back to being greeny yellow? god knows what i ate that made that happen!!!

Shinee I think 5 feeds should be fine, she will tell you if she is hungry... Emilia has 6 a day at the moment, if she cuts out the early morning (4am) feed i too will be down to 5! i hope the milk doesnt stop???

Has anyone tried expressing yet? I did and got bugger all out.. was very unimpressed. I am going to get my hair straightened this weekend so DH is going to have to do a feed, i am thinking of giving her formula for that one what do you think? i was told by someone that you shouldnt start expressing till about 6 weeks? is this right?

hey nat, anneliese is still breastfed, and only pooing once or twice a week. Apparently this is normal as they use most of the nutrients and there is very little waste... but OMG since its so far between poo's, she STINKS when she farts hehehe

Danni-i had to express every feed as anneliese couldn't breatfeed, but i've never heard that... its good to have an emergency stash in the freezer!! Anneliese has one formula bottle every night, and there's a couple of reasons for that 1-DH gets to feed, its a bonding time for them 2-she gets used to having someone else feed her, JIC... and 3-she sleeps for just a lil longer with the formula in her tummy, gives me about an hour more sleep...

hey nat, anneliese is still breastfed, and only pooing once or twice a week. Apparently this is normal as they use most of the nutrients and there is very little waste... but OMG since its so far between poo's, she STINKS when she farts hehehe
    Well thats a relief, because I think Zains going to be the same. He's only done 3 since he was born 8 days ago. I was getting a bit worried because my others weren't like that.

Im leaving tomoro morning at 6am, on my holiday... should be coming back to perth start of oct. JUST finalised it, now im trying to get all my washing done (hard, considering we're having another beautiful Melbourne day...) So my dryers going nonstop, while im trying to clean and pack...

Have a great time, Simone. I bet they all cant wait to meet Anneliese.

lucysmummie Guest

afternoon gals...

Simone~ have a great holiday!

Dannik~ glad to c u babe... its so good to hear ur going for a pamper on saturday! i got my hair cut and colored on monday and i never felt better keep up the pampering!!!

Kat~ lucy stays awake a fair bit now, like she had a fed at 11am this morning and its now 12:30 and she has only just got to sleep, i sing her HEAPS of songs (me and danny are musos so we HAVE to!!!!) we sing row row row ur boat and the frog song and rainbow songs HEAPS of ones with clapping and boppin..she goes wild kicks her feet and smiles she has started snorting so i think she is trying to get a laugh out! she LOVES the frog song! when i sing the part with "weeeellll we all know frogs go, la dee da dee da" she moves her head from side to side cause i do it!!! its so cute i dont know if its cause she cant control it or not but i recon she is doing it she is so alert its weird!!! after we sing I put her on her tummy on a mat a friend made cause its realy brite then I get out the other play mat with toys hanging off it and she will sit under that for 5mins then start screaming cause she has had enough and wants mummy hugs... she doesnt like to b put down ive noticed... I think last time I got her checked she weighed 3.275kgs...so shes not that big, she has only grown 2cms since birth so everyone keeps asking me if she is only a week old! she is very pettite like me I spose!

does anyone co-sleep? we r co-sleeping and I really love having her in our bed cause I can cuddle her, she sleeps in her bassinette in the day but not at night... I hope its ok. Im not goign to squash her, Im not a very heavy sleeper anymore...

DD~ i think a page back or 2 u asked a sex question...I dont know what u should do but me and DH havent had sex since i was 8wks pregnant! so im kinda edgy and really scared to do it but I really want it... im seeing my doctor tomor for my 6wk check so I will ask her if its ok to start... bit nervos about it hurting or mayb not being able to feel it....has ur bleeding stopped? mine was SO light it scared me I thought I would of bleed heaps cause of the clexane! how long r u on the injection for or have u changed to warferen? im seeing the haematologist in october and have been told im probly gonna be on them for more than 6months from after birth! u should see my legs they r covered on bruises and they really hurt! I HATE them SOOOoOOOoOoOoOoOooo much!!!!! I wish I didnt have to have them cause i wanna get a pericing but i cant until im off the drugs cause of the bleeding!!!

shine
    I co sleep with William alot and love it too. I have a product made by Safe And Sound, it is two rolls of padding that they sleep between so they cant move anywhere. I feel alot safer co sleeping with it.

Girls with bubs on formula~ How much is your bubs drinking?

Sarah

lucysmummie Guest

oh cool il check it out thanks sarah! my bubba is drnking 125mls i make it up with a little extra water to help with poos. at 3wks tho she was only taking about 80mls my theory is if lucy eats the whole bottle she will go to the next feed but some feeds durin the day she leaves about 40mls out of the 125.. dont stress if he doesnt eat it all i think they have to build up to finish the whole bottle IYKWIM? HTH (((hugs)))

lucysmummie Guest

i uploaded more piccys!!!

Thanks Shine
    William has been a little unsettled today so I made his bottle up to 125ml and he drank it all and is now fast asleep. 100ml obviously just wasn't enough for him anymore.
    I sometimes wonder what I would do without BB!
    Sarah

Hey girlies and babies!!

I'm soooo happy today!! we had Lucas's 4 week checkup with the maternal nurse, and he's put on 720 grams in just over 2 weeks, yaaay!!!! he now weighs 3.6kgs, and he's grown 2.5cm in length!! so he's my big boy now! I just changed him before and thought i'd try him in a size 000, it fits well in length, but is still a little big on the body.

Sarah - i'm slowly weaning Lucas, and he's been drinking anywhere between 90ml to a full bottle of 120ml at a feed, I guess it just depends on how hungry they are? what formula do you use?

Leah - you do give me a giggle!! how cute singing those songs to Lucy, she obviously loves it!!
    I couldn't co-sleep with Lucas, i'd be too scared i'd roll onto him!
    As for DTD, we haven't done it since I was about 13 weeks pregnant, and i'm kind of scared too....am going to wait until after my 6 week check-up.

Danni - I've been expressing every now and again (before we decided to wean Lucas onto formula) not sure where that person who told you about not doing it before 6 weeks heard it from?? i'd keep trying - are you hand expressing or using a pump? I had to hand express for the first week to top up Lucas (as he was a bad sucker!!) and I could barely get anything, but I borrowed a manual pump from my sister-in-law and it's heaps easier.

Nat - Lucas does a poo nearly every nappy!!

Simone - have a great holiday!

Hi to everyone else.....

Kat
    xx

lucysmummie Guest

Thats ok Sarah! ur william must of just been hunrgy! With formula the nurses told me to not pack in the formula in the little measuring spoon either cause it iwll just make it more concentrated and can give them constipation. are u using any Colic medicines? Im usuing 'infants friend' which is wind drops and it keeps lucy regular cause formula bubbies dont poo everyday! (as Im sure u know) but it helps with burping her too as soon as I bring her up to burp she will belch so I definatly recomend it!

Kat~ I didnt know u were changing??? how come?? not to b nosey or anything just feel better hearing of others changing to formula as it was a big deal for me... Im using S26 which is pretty good some ppl say bubs can get constipation from it and as i said before I use wind drops and give her an extra 5mls of water which seems to work lovely! apparently the S26 Gold is better cause it has fish oil in it but its more expensive... Oh and lucas will probly start not pooing so much on formula... just be careful that u make sure he doesnt get constipated! when i first changed lucy she did a big nugget! it was horrible I dont know how she got it out! Oh and lucas will probly let u get some rest on formula YAY 4 U!!!! sorry I have rambled HTH even though u didnt ask 4 help

Does anyone feel like they cant trust daddy with there baby?? WHAT IS WITH THAT!?!?! I freak out seeing him feed her cause I think he is doing it wrong but then i complain casue he always has somethin else to do when i want him to bath her or nappy change her or feed her!!! I feel like he doesnt help but I spose he has to work and stuff....mmmm I think too much I think!...

Hey leah, i wihs DH would help me more with Anneliese... He's scared of changing her, as he doesnt want to wipe her "bits..." Its a lil annoying, as atm i have 3 children in nappies (xander went back in them when we moved across the country, dont know why...) And i would love not to have to change 3 *****ty bums a day...

Anyway, i made it to perth in one piece... will recommend QANTAS to anyone... the stewards were brilliant, helping me with the kids the entire 4 hour flight. Even helping me get them off the plane and waiting with me until my family showed up.

Going out tonight, my lil siter (she's almost 21!!) is taking me to local pub, just some sisterly fun...

Hopefully ill be back on here at LEAST once a day to chat... normally i spend most of the day on here!! (im sad...)

Leah - thanks heaps for what you wrote!! it really did help! how funny too that you mentioned that Infants Friend stuff, as the maternal nurse recommended it to me yesterday, so they're ordering it in at the locak pharmacy for me!
    I decided to wean Lucas because, to be honest, i'm just exhausted bf!! he feeds sooo much, and it's really just taking too much out of me (maybe i'm just pathetic?!) plus, I thought it'd be nice for DH to feed him - and it means I can a rest!!! so it all sounds really selfish my reasons don't they?! oh well, at least I gave him over 4 weeks of breast milk - and he's still getting 3 bf a day as i'm weaning him slowly so not to get sore boobies!!! (oh and we're using the S26 Gold!)

Simone - glad to hear you made it to Perth! enjoy your time there :-)

Kat
    xx

Kat~ Please don't feel like you're being pathetic. I too felt I was too exhausted while BF. I figured if we were both happier and got more sleep with formula then it was the best choice for us.
    We are using Karicare Gold. It must have been a good choice for us as William still poos everyday at least once.

Shine~ I will keep that info re: the colic medicine in mind. At the moment I don't need it , but you never know!! As I told Kat above, we're using Karicare Gold.
    In my house the bath is daddys job, I'm not allowed to do it. He likes having his time with William and seems as I have never done it as it has always been daddys job from the start I think I would be too scared to do it now! But when it comes to everything else I like to do it all, I'm the same as you I freak out that he isn't burping him properly etc!

Sarah

lucysmummie Guest

Simone~ I cant beleive ur doing 3 nappies a day u poor thing!? mayb Xander has changed back to nappies cause he feels insecure about moving across the country?? just a thought...

Kat ~ Glad the info helped! the infants friend stuff is TOTALLY awesome!!! helps them burp so much easier!!! and dont think ur being selfish AT ALL! I was exasuted too thats why i gave up otherwise I would of gone crazy by now! and over 4wks of Bf is awesome some dont get ANY!!! u go girl! ur doin an awesome job!

Sarah~ mayb I should give danny a job to do that only HE can do....

We had the biggest fight last night but on the way to the shops tonight we got it all sorted...i dint feel loved at all these last 6wks with him and i told him... I just felt like I was holding our family together and he didnt care, He does he just shows it in a different way like working too much. he said I have been SO grumpy latly and i know why IM EXAUSTED!!!! Lucy HATEs being out down she ALWAYS wants to b picked up and held its driving me mental! she sleeps well throught the night cause she is asleep right next to me but in the day she is awake ALOT! i recon she would of been awake for the majority of the day today zept dozing off every now and then... she slept dont get me wrong just kept waking and crying and being poopy...she only goes to sleep if I hold her...mmmm something I will just have to push through on... and danny said sorry and said he is gonna b more sensative... I think I just 'need him' and if he was more affectionate I think I would b better... i dunno...

well have a great nite girls thanks for leting me blab... nyte xoxoxo

Leah ~ do you find the hugabub helps with being able to do things?

Sarah ~ I just had a look at your photos and your little boy is GORGEOUS!!!!

Kat ~ 4 weeks is a brilliant effort, hun

Nat - oooh, there is Zain in your ticker!! how gorgeous is he?!!! how is he doing?

Sarah - thanks for saying i'm not pathetic! as you said, I think having a happy mum counts for alot :-) how is William getting on?
    My DH loves bath time too - I do help him wash Lucas but he does all the holding of him - think i'd be too scared to do it all by myself too!!
    I agree with Nat - your photos are just gorgeous! they look so professional - are they?! and the one of William lying on the sheet in the nude is so precious!

Leah - oh, i'm sorry to hear you and Danny had a fight! but am glad you have made up, and have sorted things out.....i've found since Lucas was born that i've really had to work at my relationship with my DH....it's not like we have the time we used to have together, and some days I think we barely talk! it is hard.....
    Question - those wind drops (just got them from the pharmacy) do you give them to Lucy before she feeds? and how many drops? i'm going to try them with Lucas when he wakes up, hope he likes them!

Guess what???! my parents arrive tomorrow evening from Scotland to stay with us for just under 6 weeks!! yaaaay! we haven't seen them since February, and they've obviously not seen Lucas yet - he is their first grandchild so everyone is very excited!! I can't wait to have my mum take over - for once I won't put up a fight!!

Hope everyone else is doing well, and having a good weekend!

Kat
    xx
    Last edited by kat79; September 9th, 2006 at 02:00 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast