Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in August 2006

Hi ladies!

Haven't had much time lately just a quickie now to say Hi and thinking of everyone!

Leah, Kyana is on a medicated formula cause she has chronic reflux "Neocate" but I'm an advocate for NANHA1 I used this with Shynelle cause the S26 caused constipation in almost every child I know that was on it but each to their own. I am not injecting anymore I'm on Warfaren but I have to have a blood test almost everyday cause they need to check my INR levels and they won't seem to stabilise (don't ask me what INR stands for I wish I knew!) but I will have to be on these until October and then I have to have some more tests done to see where I'm at. My bleeding just stopped about the day before my 6 weeks appointment YAY!!!!!!!!

I too love co sleeping but am way too scared I'll roll onto my precious bubba so don't really do it plus anytime DH catches me he flips out! Kyana is sleeping really well most nights now except last night she was cranky from about 2 til 5 she is alittle constipated on this new formula so I think she has a sore tummy. I am giving her Coloxyl drops to help but it's still not enough. Has anyone got any other sugestions to help??

Kat - So happy you're gonna see your parents!

Simone - Hope your enjoying Perth and relaxing on your break!

Also Kyana had her injections this week cause the nurse told me it was ok to give them from 6 weeks and she screamed the whole place down and then went to sleep she was really good you wouldn't even know she had them. Shynelle was the opposite she would be sick with a temp up to 39 after every one of them and sometimes broke out in a rash the nurse said it's babies like her that really need it cause she would have been really really sick if she contracted the deseases they were trying to prevent and I was expecting the same from Kyana and nothing - they are sooooo different if freaks me out!

Well that was my quick post LOL! Gotta go my sister is looking after Shynelle for me so I can relax for abit with Kyana who is peacefully sleeping and DH now wants me to help him install our new gates - GREAT RESTING!!

Take care all!!
    xxdd
    Last edited by dd311; September 9th, 2006 at 04:20 PM.

DD~ I hope you had fun installing the new gates, doesn't sound like resting to me?!

Shine~ I think giving your DH a job is a great idea. I think it is really important for them to have a job they can do that the baby NEEDS THEM for instead of us doing everything. It is good for dad and baby.
    Have you got a baby pouch? The other day when William wanted to be cuddled all day I put him in the Baby Bjorn for a few minutes while I did some things and he went straight to sleep. Sleepy enough to then go to sleep in the bassinet. It is the best! Can even put bubs in and still type on BB with 2 hands

Natalie~ Thanks I think he is pretty GORGEOUS too

Kat~ Thanks, and yes I am pretty lucky to have a brother that is a photographer.
    Enjoy the next 6 weeks with your parents. They must be so happy to finally meet their grandchild.

ME~ Well William is now drinking almost 150ml at each feed, but every 4 hours now. I hope he isn't having too much. I have an appointment at the MHC tomorrow so it will be very interesting to see how much he weighs.

Sarah

Whew just caught up with everything! I've had some computer issues so have been offline for a few days...way too much to remeber to do personals.
    In Sam-land things are going well. Caleb has more than made up for his first week home weight loss. He put on 580g in a week which leads me to beleive the scales that the MCHN brought with her home visit may have been dodgy!
    I'm having Calebs hands and feet castings done this week. I thouroughly reccomend this to anyone thinking about it. Get over the cost because even when your bubby is a year old they have grown so much. I had the other boys done and I get misty eyed sometimes when I look at them. Especially Masons as he is now a big whopping 5 year old!
    DH is back at work today. I'd better get going and have a shower soon (OMG it's 11:30 already!) before things get all feral around here and everyone wants lunch at the same time!

lucysmummie Guest

Wink

morning... well its almost afternoon but we just got up cause i think lucy was sick of hearing "just 5 more minutes" from me ha ha ha! i really am not a morning person!

Natalie~ im finding the HAB heaps good cause if she just wants to cry all the time what else can i do? the house needs to be cleaned and u cant just sit there and hold them hey? I recon its a great investment!

Kat~ yay 4 ur mum coming!! with the drops I give them to Lucy every bottle and i put them IN her bottle cause she spits them out otherwise! I dont give her the full recomended dose either i give her abut 15drops now I slowly got up to that and she is pooing every second if not everyday so im happy with that cause she doesnt crouch over in a ball like she use to with wind pain!

DD~ I dont know bout Cloxyl never used it but Im finding 'infants friend' is a really good one for Lucy, mayb u should give it a go? ALSO U COW for bein able to not have the injections!!!!!!! im on them for anothe 4 and a half months at the least! I have to go see a haematologist next month to get tests and hopefully plan to get off them unless they find out i have green blood or somethng he he

Sarah~ how did u go at the MHC? did william put on enough weight or to much? would b interested to know as sometimes I swear Lucy wants more than 125mls but I just give her a dummy...then she settles...

WELL I think Im getting my AF [email protected]!!!! ive been having pains the last 3days and im NOT HAPPY! AND I cant go on the pill EVER AGAIN!!!! the only reson I went on the pill was casue i had such an aweful AF!!!

mmmm not much else to say xept hope everyone is fine....
    (((hugs)))

Shine~ Haven't been to hte MHC yet, but I will update on the weight when I get back. Bummer on the AF! I can't even imagine getting it as it has been so long! I have been pg for almost 2 years to get my little William so it is going to be strange to go back to periods!

Sam~ I thnk that the scales were wrong with my home visits also, which is really bad as I thought William wasn't getting enough milk from me which got me all stressed and upset. And because of this I put him on the bottle. And now that I think about it I think the scales were wrong as when he went and got weighed he put on a ridiculous amount of wieght in a matter of days.

I hope you are all well. It is a GORGEOUS day here in Melbourne. Busy doing lots of washing before Williams MHC appointment.

Sarah

Sam
    I just checked out Calebs web site. Him and his brothers are all such gorgeous boys.
    You should be very proud!
    Sarah

lucysmummie Guest

Yep just went to the loo and AF is here least I can start working out my CD so that i can tell danny not to come near me when I Ovulate! I would hate for a connie to break when I was Oing or something! ha ha ha wouldnt like another temper tantrum red haired baby! not for a while anyways....

Lol Shine.
    William is now just under 4 kilos. He is getting so big so quick!

dannik Guest

Hi girls and babies!

Thanks for the tips on expressing, i tried again the other day and got 40 mls and then another 40mls, Emilia only wakes once a night and its usually around 4am so i expressed one boob and gave her the other one and she was fine, so i am going to do that express every morning as my boobs are so full by that point cause she only feeds once a night... I LOVE HER FOR IT! And she took the bottle no problems on saturday from DH and he loved it! I am using an electronic pump, i am also freezing the milk now and adding chilled milk to the frozen stuff to make up each feed... i hope that is ok?

Shinee sorry to hear Danny isnt being much help, god knows i dont know what i would do without Damien, he baths her every night and changes her nappies when he is home, he also likes to burp her while i sort my boobs out during the feed.... he is pretty confident around kids though having 11 nieces and nephews he is well and truly familiar around them...
    Kat i havent bathed Emilia yet either that is Damien's territory and to be honest i am terrified of doing it myself, i am going to have to though as he is going to go away for work soon i am so scared! argh!

I worry all the time that emilia isnt getting enough food, i check religiously for wet nappies, most of her nappies have a bit of poo in them and probably once or twice a day one big wet poo... she is putting on weight and seems content but i just have this underlying issue with my milk! my boobs arent huge so i worry there is nothing in them!!!

DH and i havent done the deed yet either, but i have stopped bleeding and i think we might give it a go this week! i hope its ok! everything feels ok but nothing has been up there since the birth now so who knows what it feels like up there!

Shinee i am too scared to co sleep, i have tried it once during the day and woke myself up cause my arm fell on her head, i am a deep sleeper.....

Simone how are you enjoying Perth! You are in my home town!!! Where are you staying.. i live in Scarborough right near the beach its so nice! Mind you the weather is quite crap today!!

Hello everyone!

Just came on here quickly to see how you are all doing, my parents arrived Sunday evening and it's been lovely having them here - I swear they came with a whole suitcase of clothes and gifts for Lucas!! he is going to be the best dressed baby around!!! lol.

Danni - glad to hear the expressing is going better and that Emilia took a bottle fine. And what you're doing to store the milk sounds right!!

Sarah - oooh, you're very lucky having a brother as a photographer! they really are beautiful photos.

Sammi - that is great about Caleb's weight gain.

dd - good to see you posting, glad all is okay with you and your girls!

Leah - oh noooo at getting your period!!! that really sucks!!!! :-(

Chat soon,
    Kat
    xx

Leah bugger about AF
    Kat sounds to me like Lucas is going to be one well dressed little man!
    Danni 80mls is a great amount for Emilia to be getting ATM. Your breasts will only make what she is taking now. It's heaps more comfortable than being engorged but IKWYM about not feeling like you have enough.
    Sarah
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah1978
    Sam~ I thnk that the scales were wrong with my home visits also, which is really bad as I thought William wasn't getting enough milk from me which got me all stressed and upset. And because of this I put him on the bottle. And now that I think about it I think the scales were wrong as when he went and got weighed he put on a ridiculous amount of wieght in a matter of days.
    I was discussing this with a friend on the weekend. I know that feeling of being worried and then to be told your baby has lost weight just shatters your confidence, even for a third time mother.
    Luckily for me Caleb is a poo machine and that was enough for me to keep up the bf till the next visit.

dannik Guest

Hi girls just had to come on and brag about my angel, i shouldnt though as who knows next week she could go evil! she seems to be waking once in the early morning around 3:30am (from going down around 10:30) and then up again around 7:30ish.... today she had her feed at 8am and then down till 12 (only cause i woke her for it) and now she has gone down again! i hope she isnt changing her pattern, before she would be awake most of the day (she was awake most of yesterday) and then sleep at night (i so prefer that) so i hope she doenst play up tonight argh!!! is it normal that she is sleeping this much, i cant believe i hear myself saying this, first week she was born all she did was sleep and i worried, then the last 2 weeks she hasnt slept during the day and i was frustrated now first day she has slept and i am worried again, WHAT THE!

Kat how exciting that your parents are here, i hope you are using them wisely and getting some much needed rest?? and yay for clothes! emilia has a set of drawers and half a wardrobe full of clothes, its ridiculous i think she wont even get to wear half of them!

I have a bad cold today (actually it gets better during the day and its worse at night) i really hope Mils doesnt get it, my SIL had her little one get bronchilitis from a common cold she said it happens so quickly, i hope this sleeping business has nothing to do with her possibly coming down with something..... WORRY WORRY WORRY!! Will i never worry again!??? ahah

Hi all,

It's been a little difficult here Kyana seems to be very unsettled most of the time atm and I'm at my wits end trying to work out whats wrong with her she just crys soooo much I've given her Braurers colic relief that didn't work I've given her infants friend and that seems to be doing nothing - I've had her on coloxyl and I just don't know - any of the experienced mums out there got any thoughts I spoke with the MCHN and they just think it's a bit of colic or she's getting Shynelle's cold but she doens't have temp nor does she have a runny nose????? i can't get to the dr's with her atm so I'm just trying to stay calm and work out what it could be naturally - she's having loads of problems doing no.2's but has heaps of wet nappies......

Sorry for no personnals atm....
    xxdd

dd - Zain was constipated after he was born. He did a meconium poo and then nothing for about 5 days. Is her tummy hard? Does she pull her legs up close to her tummy when she cries? Are her poos hard? *TMI* warning - I put a little bit of vaseline in his bottom with a cotton wool bud. Only do it if you know she's constipated and its only right at the edge. I mean millimetres. The m/w that comes to the house showed me how to do it with my first and it works.

Also, maybe you could try and give her a top up of water after her feeds - maybe 15 or 20ml of boiled water.

I really don't like how some nurses blame every babies problems on 'colic'.

Also, could she be having a growth spurt? They happen at around 6 weeks and she could need to feed more.

I hope that helps and I will update if I think of anything else. Oh, does she seem unsettled more in the early evening?

Thanks Nat, I have been giving her some water and she was six weeks last thursday
    I try to give her as much as milk as she wants but sometimes I struggle to get Kyana to take in 50 mls. I do recall having to do this (the vaseline thing) with Shynelle but Kyana will go with the coloxyl about every third day now but it's very thick and pasty and then she'll do a normal one I'm just not sure that the constipation is what the problem is?? She does pull up her legs and seems more relaxed on her tummy - she is the most unsettled during the day which is what I find weird at night/evenings she's more settled (THANK HEAVENS!!) but every day from the first feed until about 5pm just in time for DH to come home and wonder what my problem is and how come I've not anything during the day (ARRGGHHH!!)....
    xxdd

I would copy and paste your first post into the General Baby forum thingy and see what the girls have to say. You'll be bombarded with possible solutions, lol.

Have you tried wrapping her or if you already do that, unwrapping her? I just don't know hun. I fell for you though because it gets so frustrating.

Hi Girls, Firstly Congratulations to all the August Mummy`s

Firstly for those who don`t know about my ordeal, you`ll find it here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=19940

Adrian is doing extremely well, he`s a big boy on the 97th percentile, just like his Big Brother Matthew, they are both going to tower over Mummy. Adrian was 4180 at birth, so much for having a 7lb baby which I was told I`d be having, he was 55cms long, now at 5 weeks he`s 5810gms and 59cms long. He`s giving us big, big smiles, lots of noises, follows us around. He`s a very content, placid, happy baby which is great since I`m recovery and will be still for the next few months. Breastfeeding is going well, I was told my milk would dry up when I was in hospital with my massive bleed but my body had other ideas, I have so much milk I drown poor Adrian LOL

Adrian seems to have night and day worked out, which worries me a bit as I don`t want AF arriving just yet when he`s sleeping so long at night, AF arrived at 2 months post birth with Matthew which was ok by me then as I wanted to TTC soon after birth.

Please forgive me I haven`t read up on everyone`s news, there`s just too much to catch up with in the last 5 weeks.

Love

Dee

lucysmummie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dd311
    she is the most unsettled during the day which is what I find weird at night/evenings she's more settled (THANK HEAVENS!!) but every day from the first feed until about 5pm just in time for DH to come home and wonder what my problem is and how come I've not anything during the day (ARRGGHHH!!)....
    HA SNAP AGAIN!!!! this is getting freakie!!!! Lucy is SOooOooOoo the same restless in the day and as soon as daddy rears his head in the door she is fast asleep ready for a shower and feed and then back to bed again! I told him tonight she is a hand full in the day he was like...surely not!!!

hope everyone is doing ok... dont really have time for PMs AF has disappered it was very very light so im hopeing she wont b back till a month...fingers crossed... Oh has anyone heard bout the Male pill??? I need a better contraceptive as I get irritaed from condoms...

Oh Hi Dee nice to have you back!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast