Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #5

hey,
    Just uploaded pics of Devrim, Ela and I.

HI
    Sehra, sorry to hear about the refusal, must be hard since you aren't ready to wean. I don't know about the tablets but you may have to express a little so you don't get mastitis now. I know what you mean about expressing it takes so long and I never got much at the office. Life might be a bit easier now you don't have to do that.
    I agree with you on the SAHM thing. I go insane, but I really want to breastfeed a bit longer which is why I am at home until Ella is 9 months this time, rather than 6 mths like with DS. I love the photos, especially all of the CPK!

Rhianon, I found sleeping bags the best thing. Last night Ella slept from 6.30pm to 3am and then woke with us at 6am (and here I was whinging about no sleep only 2 days ago). When I put her in her sleeping bag (grobag 0.5tog for 26 or 27 degree nurseries) she sleeps so much better. I have all sizes for winter and summer as I found them invaluable with DS. I wasn't so worried about SIDs as there are no blankets to go over their face, and DS also rolled less, but DD still rolls onto her tummy in the bag. I know these ones are expensive but Babies Galore have other ones cheaper. I just balanced the cost against not worrying about blankets, including no extra washing!
    I hope you get some sleep soon. With the feeding during the day, do you offer him a feed every 3 hours anyway?

I keep meaning to ask if anyone else has an Angel Care monitor? Mine keeps going off, when DD has a 15-20second break between breaths. It goes off at least once a week and I took her to the doctors and they said there is no way to check if anything is wrong with her. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have the one with two pads and it isn't that she is rolling off them because one minute it is picking up her breathing fine and then the next the warning sound or alarm go off.

Wow, Colby is sitting already! I know the others aren't far away but to be actually doing already, that is great. I look forward to Ella sitting because solids are easier then.

Talk later...

hi!

Sara - Good to hear your holiday went well!!

Bec - Despite all the information I got on Jolly Jumpers, DH's brother got him one for christmas! I already knew that, but everything in moderation. On Christmas day, we popped him in it, he had no idea what to do. He was a bit grumpy, so we just hitched it up and made it a swing where he couldn't touch the ground. Seemed to enjoy it a bit more then Interesting thought on the Air-Con waking him. As his room is is directly up the hall from the aircon, it blows right in there. His room doesn't get a lot of breeze, so if we'd shut the door, he'd be so hot. For now, he wears lightweight all-in-one things (not a wondersuit coz they're too hot, but a similar sort of thing), or long pants with a longsleeved t-shirt with socks and mittens. Despite this, part of him is always warm and part of him is cold. Maybe one night when it's not too warm, we'll leave the air off and open the windows! (ps it's not my idea to put the air on - I always feel colder than dh.)

Sonia - DTD - pff. I've always had a bigger drive for that sort of thing than DH. When he does decide he's in the mood, I'm tired! But take it when you can get it! lol Sleeping bag business... I'd make more if Jensen played more on his own! MIL and I are making some clothes too to sell. The girls at mothers group asked what my label was going to be called... scone!

Sehra - I used to be able to express heaps, then I stopped and have started again coz my ebm supply for work has run out! Today at work, missing about 2-3 feeds, I could only express 150ml. But I was reading somewhere that the more they feed/you express, the more you make. Going on that principle, I bought an electric breast pump to see if that'll do the trick! I don't see the dr/ health nurse til next month, I'll enquire about the sleep school then. Hopefully we'll have it worked out. Jensen decided that the bottle was easier too, but I found if he got hungry enough, he had to work for it. There was a thread in the b/f section about the tablet you're looking for.

Molly - Jensen had 2 sleeping bags, but they were 000, so they don't fit anymore! They were great. I made one for my secret santa at mothers group, and another for another lady at mothers group ($10 for it!), but haven't made one for Jensen yet! I'm so slack. ATM it's cheaper for me to make them than to buy them. I'm still demand feeding, so whenever he feels like it, it's all his!

Jensen had his first feed of formula today! I wasn't too keen on him having it, but I ran out of frozen ebm, so what else was there to do? He didn't have much, so he ended up having it for dinner. Hopefully, the stock will be back up for when I'm at work next week. Nothing much else exciting tho. Hey! Did I mention I'm going to be an Aunty again!? My sister is due with her 2nd. Bubs edd is Jensen's birthday!

I'm off to sleep, as I've cleaned up some of the messy house and I'm exhausted!

hi ladies

i'm at work again so this will be quick. Willa came with me today and well I got her to sleep in the large cubby hole cabinet thing we have in the ofice!! heheheh. So now I am officially unprofessional AND a mean mum!

Beats sleeping in her pram as she's so long her feet hang off the egde. It's hysterical, everyone's been taking pictures of her in the cupboard and giggling our butts off. They're calling her 'Willa Potter' cos like Harry Potter when he was young, she's sleeps in a cupboard lol.

sehra- the bb refusal can break ur heart i know. Thats exactly what happened with us. She got so used to the speed and flow of bottle than bbs just angered her. I had high hopes too abt continuing feeding her bottled ebm while i was at work but as u said, expressing every cpl of hours at work was a trial. I mean u CAN do it, its do-able, but the effort is immense. I will readily admit I could have kept it up but when with the easier option of formula when she was 16 weeks. The pill u are talking about is motilium also known as domperidone. I was given a script when Willa was 12 weeks due to me falling sick and my supply diminishing, but I didnt need it until after i started working again. The meds work, it really does and some ladies become dependent on it for the duration of their expressing time period. I came off it due to the expressing hassle at work and the bb refusal when I was home, so didn't want to keep lactating. No side effects that I know off. Maxillon (an anti nausea drug) also does a similar effect but they usually give u motilium instead.

btw, the pic of devrim and ela is totally adorable. devrim has such a cheeky expression on.

ok better go do some work!!!

son
    Last edited by neuri; January 18th, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

hi!
    Just popped in with a quick update from the health nurse. his spewing,a while after a feed - is normal. Day sleeping habits - try and re-setttle. Pff. Once he's awake, he's awake. Night waking- try and calm him by rocking and cuddling. Thats what I do, obviously it isn't working. Or I can try controlled crying. It breaks my heart to hear him cry, but I guess I can give it a chance. Apparently it'll get better once the teeth come thru. The rash - heat rash. We're to continue with the QV bath oil and the QV cream, but over the cream rub Vasoline, as it helps to keep the skin moisturised.

Well 5mths today! here are the new stats:
    Weight: 6770g
    Length: 64.5cm
    Head circ: 41cm

Oh yeah, the health nurse, when Jensen was lying there in all his glory on the drop-in scales, kept saying she/ her. All I could think was is she just not realised what she's looking at? But the made up for it by saying that he's really sociable and he's got a skill thats a 6mth skill - the crawling thing I think. Possibly the passing of things from hand to hand as well. She was really surprised that he l;ooked at me and said maaam, coz apparently 9mth old can only say 2 words! I'm to update her next month at the 6mth checkup with that
    Last edited by sconeonamission; January 18th, 2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Forgetful me forgot something

*britney* Guest

Hi everyone,i joined this site ages ago,and when i loged in now i realised my last login was 10 august 2006 well i had my baby on that day this year! She is 5 months old,and i hope we'll enjoy being here with all of you!
    x

Welcome Britney! Whats your daughters name? If you donlt mind me asking, what were her stats at birth? Length, weight, heard circ? Jensen was 3820g (8lb 7oz), 52.5cm 35cm.

Hi all,

Sonia, Frome centrelink I get Family tax benefit A, b and because we are renting we get rent assistance too. The more our combined income is the less we get but you have to earn a lot to not be eligible for the minimum. Sometimes though the minimum is so low that it's not worth getting each fortnight and better to wait until the end of financial year. because i'm only working half of this year I've estimated our combined income as $66,000. You can get more info at the family assist website.
    PMSL at Willa sleeping in a cupboard.

Sehra, I have found that some times I'm not getting as much milk during the day while expressing at work, as I would like. Xavier too cracks em at night for feeds, There have been occasions before I returned to work I would have to express to feed him in the evening. I think in his case he was just too tired and wanted a quick and easy meal, can't really blame them when we are tired wehave take away.
    If Ela doesn't seem to like farex mixed with formula she will be getting to the age you can mix other flavors in with it like apple that might make it more appealing.

Scone, let me know how the electric pump goes. I have considered upgrading. For me I have been very lucky with expressing though, It takes me about 15 mins total and on a good day I can get between 140-180 ml's each time and I do it 3 times a day. i have noticed recently that i am getting less and less when I do express though that could be related to the aircon not working at work all week and me possibly not drinking enough water.

Welcome Britney, nice to have you here, tell us all about you and your littlen

Well another week down. I hear what your all saying about maintaining expressing, while working. I just have to keep telling myself that I still don't have my period and would love to avoid it as long as possible, and that I'm saving $1000 per year by not having to buy formula. Plus I'm determined to prove to everyone that I can do it.

Good morning girls.

Today i feel absolutely sh*t. My breasts are engorged and i don't know what to do. I have taken two does of Kripton since last night, which is a medication to stop BM. It causes nausea and drowsiness (amongst other things too) and i feel like both at the moment. I had to express at 3am this morning to relieve my bbs and i poured the milk the drain, which absolutely shattered me to pieces. I have been crying for the past hour about my situation. I spoke to mum and she said that i keep bf for a few more weeks and hope that by then my supply will diminish on its own. I broke down afterwards and decided that i will express and give to Ela in a bottle. I called the MCHN hotline for advice on Kripton and the length of time it remains in the body. I was advised 3 days, so i will express and throw away my milk for the 3 days and begin BF again on Tuesday. MCHN also advised that 6 month olds only need a 200ml feed 4-5 times a day. I feel much better now psychologically, even though i still suffer the side effects of that medication.
    I need to go Ela has woken. I shall be back later to do personals. Thanks for reading about my dilemma.

Take care.

Sehra,

Sorry what a ditz I am, I totally misread what u were asking about the meds to cease bm. The ones I mentioned do the opposite of course!

I do know another lady on the drug your taking now and she had a pretty yucky time of it too. SHe said she felt like she had tummy flu for a week or so. I hope the side effects diminish soon 4 u. Personally took me 4 weeks for my supply to go away on its own. WHen I made the decision, I emptied bbs 3 times a day and breast fed whenever she'd take it and topped her up with the ebm and also formula, then reduced expressing to 2 times the next week then eventually just once at night when it was at its worst then soon didnt need to. The whole experience just made me even more amazed at how bbs work. Still feeling guilty abt formula feeding but I'm at work bringing in $$ so arguably its working.

DOnt worry hun you'll be back to a paceful routine soon whether it eventually involves continuing bfing or ebm or comp feeding.

sonia

aww...sehra, i hope u're feeling better n i'm sure you always have the best in mind.

sorry ladies, no time for personals but what's new today, i hear you say...?

AF is officially here to stay n it started this evening. blek!!! :-\ did i mention that i had a scare a few weeks ago when i thought i was pregnant AGAIN?? that was really scary n with AF back, have to be extra, extra, EXTRA careful!! time to bring out all the pads i've been keeping at the back of the closet! lol just when i thought i could hold out for a few more months! o well....still no rolls or teeth over here.

nite nite ladies....

serah, I expressed till i was comfortable. gradually you will get less and less. keep in contact with ur GP or MCHN and they will be able to help you to ensure that you dont get engorged. the paed ward was a huge help for me.

Sehra = Hope you're feeling better. I hope things work out for you and Ela. xo

Bec - Wow, I estimated half of my income and told I'd be getting $156 f/n, even taking into account that DH is on apprentice wage. That was tax benefit A and B. Even with that I wasn't able to get the health care card. I worked out what I would be earning and updated them, and now I get HCC, and rent assistnance and get a little more. They're crazy, how can anyone live on what they give you? So far, the electric pump is going well. I don't get as much as I expected I would, but better than what I was getting with the manual pump.It's getting better, I think my body had resigned it's self to producing less, but there are times when bbs are full (even tho it seems to be only one sided) It's so embarrassing the noise that it makes.. lol DH came into the room the other night and said "you just couldn't wait could you!". Darn thing sounds like a suped up vibrator! I worry about what the ppl at work think! I'm sure they can't hear it with the noise of the trucks outside. Mine is NUK. 2nd hand from Ebay. I couldn't afford the you-beaut Midela one that I wanted.

Kim - Whats with strangers thinking the baby is of the opposite sex? He's wearing a blue shirt with cars on it and blue pants.!?!? SAHM - I'm such a neat freak. I learned to live with mess when I moved in with DH, but since I've had Jensen it's all coming back.

Sonia - OMG. I'd love to see pics of Willa sleeping in the cupboard! Reminds me of the British TV show "Brittas Empire". The receptionist has her baby in a filing cabinet.

Misty - I hear you on AF arriving back. She returned in December for me Guess she couldn't wait. I had the same scare in December, being pg. I fretted and waited for Jan! I had been saying to DH that I want another one, but when this happened, I panicked and freaked out. I am in no way ready yet! DH still says that we're only having Jensen, but I'll work on him! He wants to know who I'll be having #2 with! Tonight tho, we were discussing a car with dvd players in the back, and he was talking about one he's seen so that "both the kids can have one each"... Woo hoo! I'm slowly winning that war. So I've added to my sig that we'll possibly TTC after we return from Dubai Dec 09.

Well, I think I worked out what was making him cry each time I'd put him back to bed at night. The air-con. Thanks for the suggestion (I'm sorry I've forgotten who that was!). I had his window open half the night and he slept so well. Instead of waking countless times, he woke only 4. May sound like a lot, but compared to normal, it was easy! Even stayed asleep when I put him down after a feed. Bliss. Today (saturday) I made Jensen some PJ pants with feet. They are so cute. Don't quite fit him properly coz we made them to fit 6mths. Also, I finally made a sleeping bag, and made a t-shirt with the left-overs. As soon as I work out why my pics wont upload into the gallery, I'll put a pic in there.
    Well, we're at a friends place and I don't want to watch the movie that they're watching so I came on line to see what was happening!

Have a great weekend!

Hi
    I just lost my post by changing pages - I cannot believe I did it again!!!
    Anyway, these were my thoughts:
    Sehra, sorry I don't have any words of wisdom, but thinking of you feeling crap and working and looking after the little one. Hope you feel better soon and maybe get to bf for a little longer, or think of all the nutrients bubs is getting in the ebm.

Misty - bummer AF is back at summertime! Are you still Bfeeding?

Rhianon, good news with the sleeping, I know what you mean that waking even one less time a night makes such a difference! It is amazing how sensitive our bubs are. Goodluck with the sleeping bag, hope it helps. I am demand feeding too. It is a bit harder with no 2 because DS doesn't have a sleep every day, but he does go to daycare two days a week which is bliss with just me and Ella. I try and have a sleep on those days to catch up a bit. Eleanor went to bed at 7pm last night and then woke at 9.30pm, 1am, 3.30am, 6am. I got to 6.30am this morning and just thought I can't do another feed, there is no milk! So it is important to try and rest.

DH has had a UTI with a fever for 2 days so have had to pull my weight with DS more. I already told my DH that I will be having a sleep this afternoon before he goes back to work tomorrow. He is very good, and is very hands on and cooks dinner just about every night, unless I have managed to prepare something, and he also cooked a bacon and eggs breakfast this morning! No wonder those last 4kg won't disappear.

Did anyone watch the Lleyton Hewitt match?? I turned on the tennis at 7.30pm last night after getting home from being out, but it wasn't on, still Federer!! Lucky Lletyon won so can watch him play again. And goodluck to Casey D.... today.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

I just popped in to say that I have lost 2kg in my first week and a half!! Woo hoo!

Hi all,

I have never had a problem with anyone calling Xavier a girl. I always get the comments "he's a real little boy isn't he" Helps he looks just like dad, just a very boyish look I guess.

Scone, lol on the suped up vibrator. I've just put a second manual avent isis on layby so I don't have to constantly be washing things at work. I think i'll stick witht the manual because by the time I got ready with power I probably could have been half way through if not finished.
    yay on jensen sleeping thorough the night. I know that Xavier just seems to get sick of aircon iykwim. for the weight loss too

Well gotta go, getting tired, still have heaps to do so there is less to do in the morning.

Rhianon - well done with the 2kg, that is a great start!!

Rebecca - not sure if you aware, my ABA told me you don't have to sterilize the pump every time you use it, just put a plastic bag over it and put it in the fridge during the day and then at night wash in warm soapy water and rinse in cold water, allow to air dry and then use it the next day. I put a teatowel over mine while it 'air dried'. I can understand why you need two and maybe you are doing this already.

Kimnastics, maybe Hayden is a bit unwell if he is grizzly and a bit sicky. I hope not, just a thought. Hope he is back to his normal self soon.

Now to the housework .... can't the fairies come and do it? I have had another night of 3 hourly feeds .

Hi girls,

Sehra - Oh hun. I am so sorry your feeling a bit down. Have you tried calling the ABA??? They can offer some great advice. As Ali said, your best just to express enough till your comfortable. Any more than that and you will end up making more later on. I hope your feeling a bit better today. The photos of your family are gorgeous. You actually gave me a bit of a boot and i posted some in the gallery aswell. Devrim must be a smart little man to be going to Grade 2 this year! OMG @ the cost of a IQ test. You obviously know he is clever so whats the point in paying that much for them to tell you something you already know! Is there a reason for Devrim being scared of the water??? Briley was a bit freaked at the waves when we were down on the Gold Coast. After that she was a bit frightened of the water too. We just try and turn it into a game and make swimming fun. She normally forgets about it quickly. Briley had a Jolly Jumper and she LOVED it! I borrowed it off a friends and she has taken it back now though. I will be asking her for a lend again soon for Colby though. Fingers crossed it won't be raining when you head up to the Gold Coast!

Rhiannon - Great to hear about the weightloss!!! Keep up the good work hun! My NY's resolution was meant to be to lose weight but that has gone out the window! One day. I am honestly not that bothered about my body image right now. I probably give you another story the next time i am going out and looking for something to wear though! Also while we were on holidays we were sleeping in aircon. At home we don't normally and Colby was waking up everynight during the night while we were there. This was way out of the norm for her. So maybe the aircon was affecting Jensens sleeping??? Glad to hear that its all ok now though.

Bec - Funnily enough, Colby has been called a boy several times!!! How is Xavier going??? We have'nt had Colby weighed and all the rest for her 5 months yet. Better get to it this weeks i suppose. 6 months is getting closer and closer!! Wow how time flies!

Misty - OMG @ your pg scare!! Its not that bad though hun. You would've had more of an age gap with your 2 than i have with Briley and Colby. Oh well AF has showed her ugly face so you don't have to worry about that this month! he he!

Molly - How's your DH going now??? Feeling better???

Kim - Colby is very clingy at the moment too. I can't leave the room without her cracking up lately. I don't remember going through this with Briley. I probably did though. Fingers crossed its just a phase for us both!

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE!!! HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL!

My eyes are starting to shut on me so i better go to bed.

Night girls!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast