Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #8

Oh no! Thanks Bec for letting us know. Please tell Danni that I hope she gets well soon! How awful. Poor thing. Not a Happy Mothers Day for her! I wish her a very speedy recovery.

Hope everyone is getting spoilt today! Happy Mothers Day everyone! So far Im having a great day. Mind you I went out last night (mum babysat) and I didnt get into bed until 5am. Im so old LOL I was falling asleep in the car and from about 1am I was complaining how I wanted to go home ! Still it was fun to see everyone and to get out of the house for a night, I dont think I will be doing it again soon though. This morning I got woken up with the X at the door with a Mothers Day gift, and then my 2 best friends came over with Mothers Day gifts (all "from" Jasmine) and soon Im off to dinner at my mums for more Mothers Day gifts. I think everyone assumed I would be forgotten so they all decided to take care of it. LOL!I cant believe Im celebrating Mothers Day. How exciting !

Ok best wishes to you all. Hope you are all well. Happy Mothers Day

*L* That sounds like a great day planned Kate! Hope you enjoy what remains of Mother's Day.

Thanks for letting us know about Dani, Bec! Please pass on our 'get well's to her if you speak to her soon!

Oh poor Danni! I hope she gets well soon.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

One of my brothers, his gf and my nephew, Jake, came by today to give Mum her Mother's Day present. Jake ran in and gave me a box of chocolates and a kiss.. then ran off with the chocolates LOL. They took Mum grocery shopping so she bought me some chocolate milk for Mother's day

I have spent most of today trying to get Logan to sleep. He's got a cold the poor little guy and hasn't been sleeping well. Oh, he has been saying "Mum" for the last week, so this morning when I woke up he greeted me with "Mmmmummm"

Hi guys,
    Happy Mothers Day. Sarajo, when do you have mothers day?
    Dani, really hope you get well soon you poor thing. not fun.
    H ope everyone had a great day. KAte, i hear you on the late night. We went to the wedding and at 10pm I started falling asleep. Got home at midnight and am suffering so badly. I have the worst hayfever ever from smelling the beautiful flowers, and Im just so tired.
    better go and feed Coco. Poor possum still hasn't pooed and IM sure it's keeping her awake. Honestly we go from 10 a day to nothing..ggrr
    talk to everyone tomorrow xoxo

Happy Birthday Clare!

I just remembered it was your birthday today and I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a great mothers day all wrapped up in one!

Thanks for reminding us Kate!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARE! Hope you had a truly fabulous double-day celebrating your birthday and motherhood!

Nothing exciting happening here....Maddy is having a party in her cot right now but I'm determined for her to sleep as she refuses to have her daytime nap during the weekend when Daddy is home. I'm off to do another 10kms on my exercise bike while the washing is on and then it's time for a sandwich for lunch.

Hope you're all having a fabulous day...looks like the payrise is a no-go for DH (his bosses are SO stupid...it's gonna cost them more than $10,000 to make up for John when he is gone) so I'm gonna have to help him look for a job. Secretly I'm actually happy because I feel like his opportunities were going nowhere with that company. They're sucking the life and commitment to his work out of him for no renumeration.

Hello Ladies, I am back.. Got out of hospital this morning. Happy Mother's Day to you all hope you have a grreat day, by the sounds of it everyone had a fantastic weekend.
    After having my yummy pizza and beer of Friday night I didn't feel very well and thought it was that making me feel sick. Then at about 7am saturday morning I had these pains that were like labour pains and so I drove myself to the hospital(DH thought I had intergestion, OMG!!!) Then at about 4pm they wheeled me to surgery to have my appendix removed.
    All my DH Ben could do was laugh which wasn't making me very happy as I was in serious pain...
    So now I can't lift Jett for 2 weeks or drive so Ben is off work for the first week(If I don't go insaine before then), then my mum is going to have the second week off, pain in the butt...
    Talk to you all soon

Hey Ladies, about the no POO thing, if you put a teaspoon of Brown sugar in and expressed/formula bottle I will bet my life you will see a poo that very same day, it was a little trick that the children's hospital taught me with Jett, It is harmful to them but it just loosens the bowel.
    Try it!!!

Good to see you back here Dani...hope you have a quick and relatively painless recovery!

YAYYY...although Maddy only had a single cycle sleep (45mins - until she pivotted around and smacked her head into the wooden rails which resulted in mucho screaming and nice red marks on her noggin), I managed to put on 2 loads of wash, eat lunch and cycle my 10kms on my exercise bike. Very impressed with myself.

How are all of your days going?

P.S - Dani, I hope you told your DH that because you spent your Mother's Day in hospital after surgery, you're gonna be able to redeem your Mother's Day full of spoiling at a later date?!

WElcome back Dani! What a shocker for you, hope you recover quickly.
    How's everyone else doing? We're ok, still having night waking problems, just don't know what went wrong there!! We've had poo, so that's exciting! Nothing major, but better than nothing.
    Im totally exhausted, still suffering from a late saturday night. Going to head to bed in a minute. I usually end up in bed at 8pm these days, and wake up about 100 times a night!! Ah, the joys!
    Hope everyone's had a good day. I tried coco on banana this morning, she wasn't too impressed but Im trying again tomorrow.
    Here's hoping for a good nights sleep for everyone xoxo

hi all!!

hope you all had a great mothers day!!mine was lovely..got spoilt with a massage at the start of the day(9.30) and also the bamix stick mixer that i had asked for..so was lovely..spent the rest of the day with the in-laws(who only went home today) so was pretty knackered but we spent all saturday with my folks so i guess it balances out..but am pretty worn out..Owen slept through last night!!!From 7.30-6am..and would've proably slept longer too except bens alarm woke him up and when i went in to get him i put his dummy in and he was going to go back to sleep but i got him up for a feed coz my bbs were about to burst..i was so full i was in agony!!!

You all sound like you had a nice day on sunday(except Danni..get well soon!!!) Talk soon, i have to go and clean the kitchen, we've got a real estate agent coming to pics of our kitchen tomorrow.the owners are selling and as a result we have to let people look through all the time..ugh!!

xx

also i tried Owen on broccoli this morn..he was not impressed at all..but like Meg with Coco, he will be having it again tomorrow so i'm sure he'll get used to it!!!

*LMAO* @ the broccoli reaction Christie! Here's hoping that Owen has a change of opinion tomorrow. hehe Way to go on the great sleep overnight Master Owen!

Miss Madeline is asleep in her bassinet so hopefully she'll have a sleep like last night...8pm through til 2am and then asleep til 6am when Daddy gets up for work.

Meg, hope you have a good night's sleep and you manage to get plenty of rest. Interesting that Coco doesn't like banana but perhaps that's a good thing for the purse strings with bananas being anything but cheap at the moment!

P.S - Second night in a row that Maddy has gone down for the night at 8pm after a long feed! YAYYYYYYY!!!

Hi

Hope everyone is well and all your babies are well too!

Just quickly, for those of you on solids, can you tell me have you reduced the feeds of milk? The solids I feed Jasmine (that she totally gobbles up like I cant believe) dont seem to make much difference to her appetite and I still feed her the same amount of formula. I dont want to be over feeding her, so should I feed her a smaller bottle after she has a serve of solids, or should I feed her a tiny bit more solids (say an extra teaspoon) and then see if she is still interested in an entire bottle? Im so sure she could easily eat more solids, she gets so frustrated when Im not quick enough to put the spoon in her already open mouth lol and seems agitated when there is no more?

Im going to see the MCHN this week, but thought I would ask you guys first to see if your babies are feeding any differently, even if I am feeding formula and you guys breastmilk.

Thanks

wow its 4am! wtf am I doing up LOL

Oh changed my ticker too, so Ive changed both my name and my ticker!!

Hi guys, I was the odd one out so I changed my ticker!!
    Kate, I have not dropped any feeds, although sometimes after dinner when I give her a comp bottle before bed, she won't drink as much..sometimes. I also offer more breastfeeds as I think she might be thirsty.
    Once you're doing three feeds a day, you will only need to give 3-5 feeds a day, so they will drop then.
    talk soon xo

Ooh...like the new tickers girls! Hope you all had a great night's sleep.

Better run for now, Miss Maddy is having a cry for a feed!

BBL...

Coco slept 7pm-3am then had feed, and then slept until she got up at 5.38....bit early!! Driving me nuts! At her feed she seemed to have tummy pain, so guess I have to still work on that. I give prune juice after each solids feed. Today she liked banana!!!!!!!!! YEY! She didn't like it as much as pumpkin, but she did so much better than yesterday. Very happy!
    Im trying to decide if I should give her a teething rusk. Has anyone else done so? Dani, I think you gave Jett one didn't you? Sorry if Im off track, still have this baby brain thing happening!
    Beck, hope you had a good night. We need our babies to start doing full nights I think!!!
    Kate, what WERE you doing up at 4am? You crack me up!
    xoxo

Nope, no good night's sleep here. Well, sort of. I was just stupid enough not to go to bed til almost midnight.

Maddy slept 8pm through til basically midnight. As I walked into the room she woke up for a feed. *sigh* Then she fed off and on through til 7:30am when she insisted I get out of bed because she didn't like chatting to herself all that much. *L*

Meg, great to hear that Coco enjoyed the banana more than she did on her first try yesterday! Your night sounds better than mine, but yes, it would be nice if our little girls decided to let us sleep.

Good morning everyone!!

Meg how was the wedding on Saturday, I had a wedding a couple of weeks ago and it took quite a few days to get over it (think it might have had something to do with all the red wine I had) Thanks so very much for all your input on the solids, when I saw the health nurse my usual one was that there and the one I saw was not overly helpful!! I would love for you to email that routine that you got. I was thinking the same in regard to the rusks; yea I am going to give Hannah one...

Beck, some companies spin me out, they wonder why they canít keep good staff!! There is something bigger and better for your DH. When are you planning on going back to dancing? Itís so good to hear that you are getting a big nap in the morning; my baby girl is a big catnapper!!

Kate what are you doing up at that hour???? Sounds like you had a great motherís day! I have to agree I canít believe that I celebrated motherís day and I was the actual MOTHER!!!! At the moment Hannah is still on the same feeds...

Danni Get well soon!! They donít mess around!! They get you out so quick!!! Enjoy being pampered for the next couple of weeks.

Sarajo hope Abby like the sweet potato!!! I am going to email you shortly so that you can send me the video!

Christie, Bummer on the house being sold... sounds like you have had a busy time!!

Gotta run XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast