Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #13

Hi all,
    Nic- Go Olivia, 7 hours... let's hope she makes a habit of it hey? We actually had a pretty good night here sleepwise.. Ty sleep from 11:30 till 7 and only woke once. Had him in the bed with me (kicked snoring DH out into the spare room, poor man) so just popped out the boob and we both went back to sleep. Not sure that's such a good thing but because I'm trying to get more feeds into him at the moment seeing as he's so sick...

Trish- I'm keeping an eye on his breathing. If it goes on longer than 10 days I'll take him back to the GP and ask for a chest x ray. Scary stuff. Just wish I could make it better

Morgan- great idea with the socks- why didn't i think of that? Did you have a long weekend in QLD? Lucky devils.

So Ty is still sick and now I'm sick too. Blah. I thought mums weren't allowed to get sick??
    On another note, how is it that DH can organize 20 unruly truckies everyday at work but cannot manage to hang out one load of washing while I'm at work??

Sorry everybody, somehow that last one posted twice...

LoriRae - I hear you on the DH. I went out to a movie on Sat and left him with Olivia. I got home to a very frustrated DH. He had tried to help by doing washing but then just thrown it all over the airer, when I asked why he couldn't hang it properly he said 'I had to try and do it while Olivia was grizzling' !!!!! Like I never have to try and get jobs done while looking after bubs!

Don't salivate too much ladies. The new kitchen is not too fancy, but it is clean, tidy, has bench space, storage space and might actually fit all the crockery and stuff in! Our old one was a joke.

We are working hard at getting Olivia back to sleeping through the night. Last night she ate and went to bed at about 8, then wanted feeding at 11:30 but then slept til 7am and I think she only woke then as the electrician arrived to connect all the kitchen stuff. Hopefully she will get back to 8 - 6 at some stage
    Off to Gymbaroo today and that always wears her out

Quick question - How many of you are using a jolly jumper? Are they any good?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi alicia,
    We have a jolly jumper and ty loves it- by far his favorite actvity!! I don't leave him in it for longer than about 20 minutes and I think maybe they are safer hanging from the ceiling than in a doorframe?? It's great for those times when I need a few minutes to hang out the washing or do a quick vacumn. What's Gymbaroo like? Think we might be looking for an activity to nreplace swimming lessons- not sure that they made him sick but pretty confident they didn't help!

Hi Ladies,

Nic - I give Loren a Avent magic cup with handles. She mainly plays with it but she can tip it up and take a drink when she wants.

Lori - I hope you and Ty get better soon.

Crap weekend all round here. Took both girls out shoe shopping....what a joke. Sara thinks that department stores are huge playgrounds and loves to run away from mummy and methodically destroy the place. Miss Loren refused to sleep and just wingded. So most of the time I looked like a mad woman yelling out to my 2yo and extracting her from nooks and cranies all over the shopping centre.

Got home exhausted and shoesless and feeling like I don't have control of my children. Then my MIL announced that she needed her hair done and that she is coming over with sausages for a bbq so that I can do her hair and cook dinner for them all. I was just too tired to argue. So they came , i cooked and did hair , bathed kids and put them to bed. Then Miss Loren decided that sleep was not for her....I finally got her down at 11pm only to have her wakes every hour till 5 am this morn. She is getting a cold and her nose was waking her up. Needless to say that I am one tired and cranky mumma today and of course Loren does not want to sleep for anylonger than 30 mins at a time and she is cranky too.

ooppps sorry for the poor me post...got to go Loren is hungry.

Bek! I hate days and nights like that. I too am struggling to teach Jacob that shopping centres are not for running in. Life would be easy if he would sit in a trolley but no way!

I hope tonight is better for you.

Thanks on the cup advice too. Does it have a soft top or is it hard?

agh I gotta go isaac having a headache week I hate seeing him like this and he is laying on the floor with his head covered

alicia - Ash lives in his jolly jumper! LOVES it!!

Bek - I cant wait until January so that Jack starts Prep. he is nearly 4 and thinks the shopping centre is to run around in. Hope Loren gets better soon.

aussienic - to you as well. Gotta love boys when they decide that disaster is better then all else. How old is Issac? My 7 year old still thinks it is great to have silly days.

Alicia - I havent ever used a jolly jumper so i am no help to you there sorry. Goodluck with the night sleep.Hopefully she sleeps threw soon for you. None of mine have under the age of 18 months.

Well today was great i with the help of hubby - totally rearranged 4 rooms so that they are now all different. They look great. Better run Ethan wants to be feed

Nic - It is a soft teat. I actually use the teat in the small avent bottles too. i originally bought the magic cup for Sara. I just bought new teats for Loren. I like that I can interchange between the bottle and cup iykwim.

Jas. Isaac is 4 but he gets migraines.. I popped him his half a pill and he has been good ever since.. I actually doubted those tablets worked but they do.. He was over the toilet gagging and within half an hour he was semi good and now he is running around like a lunatic

Bek: Thanks.. Next shopping trip I might grab one for her..

blody kids.. Olivia went to sleep at 6 but they just woke her up by thumping about GRR.. Even though it works out well for me sleep wise I was looking forward to a quiet evening once the boys went to bed.. I hope she goes back down soon..

Hi guys, sorry I'm just going to do a selfish post as it's a bit late.
    Just wanted to share a few woohoo's from today.
    *Gabe slept last night from midnight to around 9am! He then had a 3 hour morning sleep and a 2 hour afternoon sleep!!
    *Gabe rolled onto his tummy for the first time today - he became quite obsessed with it and every time I would put him down he rolled onto his tummy.

When he was awake he was really grizzly, so not sure if he's feeling a bit unwell - but I must say, it was heaven having a bit more time to sleep and to clean!

Sorry again for the selfish post

Morgan, good on you and your very supportive GP. Amazing when even Dr's will share that info.

Jas, don't wish those teeth through too soon. It only brings with it more teeth Abbey has cut her first tooth and she's still complaining.

LoriRae, how is Ty going ? Do you feel that he is gettin better. I sure do hope so.

Alicia, what I wouldn't do for some mor cupboards and storage space. ATM all of my electrical's are on top of the kitchen cupboards, slowcooker, ricecooker, breadmaker... Bloody high and a pita to get down too.

I had a jolly jumper with the other kids but found when I had a little one around as well as the baby it was a dangerous thing, the younger ones would give bub a push in it and hit the baby into the door way

Bek, what a pain with MIL, you should have just told her no, either that or make her bath the kids while you cook the dinner. Hope Loren's cold doesn't get too bad.

Nic, I hope Issac's migraine settled for him, poor little man. Hoping Olivia slept good for you too over night.

Carrie, it's ok to do a selfy occassionally, I do them often WTG Gabe for rolling over, what a clever little man. And what a good boy on the big sleep. How much more human do you feel after that Carrie ?

Had a very busy day yesterday running here and there. Although I was home in the morning up until nearly 12. Of course I was waiting to go out and Abbey was sleeping !! This is from a baby that rarely has a decent day nap, she was down for nearly 2 hours. Went to a park with a gf and then another gf showed up there as we were getting ready to leave. Left the park at 2.20, have to get Noah by 2.45, ran into Coles to get stuff for dinner, get to school at 2.40, I ran to school got there in time, dropped gf and her daughter off then back home, grabbed Abbey's xrays and dropped off shopping, then to the Dr's by 3.10, appt was for 3 though. Abbey does have bronchilitis afterall, but it is clearing.

OMG I am tired just reading it. Got back home and changed Abbey then rushed to get dinner on as it was going in the slow cooker. I know, who puts on a SC meal at 4pm. Still it was ready and tasted great by 7.30.

Abbey had a good afternoon nap too, I sat down and fed her at 4.30 and she slept until 6.30, gave me time to bath the kids too. Had her back down by 8.30 but she woke 20 minutes later and I fell asleep with her on the lounge before 9.30. She woke around 5.30 this morning, has had some booby and is still in bed asleep now.

Does anyone elses baby still poo when they are asleep or semi asleep ? Abbey has a poo on right now, I hate leaving her in it. She had her feed and was pretty much asleep when she did a poo (you can always hear her)

Best go while she is still sleeping and jump in the shower.

Hope you all had a good nights sleep. And you all get a great day with your little people

Hi all,
    Carrie- Yay to Gabe for rolling over and the big sleep... at this point I'd sell my soul for more than three fours uninterrupted sleep... it's been almost five months!

Bekz- Your MIL- how bloody rude!!

Trish- Had to smile at the jolly jumper thing- the children's hospital actually has them as not recomended for that very reason- too many bubs being pushed into doorframes by big bro's and sisters! Yes, I do think Ty is getting better- his wheezing has eased up and he seems a little less sniffly and more his usual happy little self... I think the ventilator has been helping a lot. You are a busy lady aren't you! Honestly, I don't know how you and Nic even find time to go to the bathrrom with five and four kids.. brave women!!
    Who else, apart from Trish, has a slow cooker? I thinking of investing in one... are they any good and what kind of things can you make in one? Getting dinner started way before arsenic hour definately has it's appeal.
    I'm so ridiculously lonely at the moment.. think that's why I'm on here posting all the time! It's been worse this week and last week cause Ty has been sick so we couldn't go out much and couldn't go to the usual baby book club and mothers group (you have no idea how much I love my mothers group). And my best friend- who I was so close to she was even at Ty's birth- has stopped calling me and stopped coming to see me. I go to her when I can, but- and I know how silly this sounds- it's difficult because I can't put Ty down on the floor there because of her two very energentic house dogs that i'm sure would jump on him or scratch him, and he just doesn't like being held all the time- ends up having a tanty and we have to leave. And there is no way she would put the dogs outside for an hour or so- they're her babies now her own kids have grown up. As a result, I hardly see her or talk to her at all and I really miss it Anyone got any insight on this one for me?
    Sorry for the whingy post, I'm just sick and tired and lonely and feeling abondoned at the moment and had to get it out

LoriRae ~ Invest in one anyways.. they are brilliant.. there is a slow cooker thread somewhere in bb too. We cooked lasagne in ours a couple months ago.. YES lasagne My Dh cooks the most delicious food in there for me ( he is the cook in the house) Lamb curry is my FAVE...

I don;t like the jolly Jumpers at all.. Personal choice really.. i have one of those bounce and play things. bub sits in it and toys all around.. and when they get older you take it apart and its a race track. Safety First I think is the brand.. It is out on loan at the moment. Might get it back soon

As for going to your friends house.. Why don't you suggest going to a cafe or something. nuetral territory.. Or be upfront like me (and i am usually shy) Can we pop the dogs outside so I can lay Ty down Or invest in a portable swing..

And the more kids you have the easy it is to do things.. well at home anyways Although I am finding it hard to get on top of housework.. I clean up one spot move to the next room turn back and a cyclone has hit

Trish, yes Isaac's migraine settled. I waited for quite a while to pop him his magic pill as he was just dizzy and said he wasn't in any pain. but within 10 mins he was standing over the toilet dry retching. So we popped the pill and within 40 mins he was normal. no spaceyness or anything. Sunday I gave him a pill as soon as he said he was dizzy and he was emotional and spacey all day

Carrie: Way to go Gabe... What an awesome sleep Now for him to just do that all the time and you will feel fantastic! he might be getting teeth or something.. My boys always just slept when they got teeth but they also just sleep when they are Sick too..

i am a little excited today.. Silly really lol.. I bought Simon a new phone a cuple months ago and put his old SIM into it. Anywas Ethan being nearly 9 wants to go bike riding to his mates places ect and I am not overly comfortable unless he is with one of them already.. so I put the SIm that came with the new ph into Simons old ph and now Eth has a phone but it is an ugly very old nokia. all scratched and just ugly.. anyways I went ebaying last night and got him a used but in great condition nokie for $43 I so can't wait for it to get here... Last night Simon rang Ethan from work on Ethans ph Ethan said.. oo I feel like a teenager.. now I know we all survived without phones when we grew up but I tink if the technology is there why not use it..

Quiet day in here today

Trish- I definatley felt better after a good sleep, however I knew it wouldn’t last, he was back to his old self last night and today. Ohh, I hadn’t thought of that with the Jolly Jumper. I haven’t got ours out yet for Gabe, but I can imagine Kyla giving him a nice big push thinking that he’s in a swing or something. Wow, what a day you had, I definitely don’t envy you on that one! Poor Abbey with the broncholitis, I’m glad she’s on the mend though – maybe that’s why she had a good sleep for you. I don’t think Gabe has done poos in his sleep – there have been times when I though he had and agonized over whether to wake him or let him sleep in it only to have found at nappy change that it was just farts hehe.

LoriRae- I do know the feeling of no good sleep…this was just a once off lucky one for Gabe I think. I really envy mums whose bubs do this all the time. I’m glad to hear that Ty is also on the mend. It’s awful when you are house bound all the time – you start to go stir crazy! That’s a difficult one with your friend. I think I would probably just do as Nic suggested and ask to pop the dogs out for a little bit. I’ve also been wondering about the slow cookers.

Nic-Yeah Gabe does look like he’s teething, he was going the hack on his little rubber giraffe today lol, but I can’t see anything yet. Woohoo on the mobile phone! I’m glad I won’t be at that stage for a while yet though. That’s no good that Isaac has had a migraine, does it happen often?

Default Naming Day Invitations

Girls! I am only new to this forum and if this has been asked them I do appologise.

I'm looking to make some invations for our little bubas naming day. I want to have a photo on them and to be about the size of a post card.

Obviously I am looking for the cheapest way possible.

Also any hints and tips fromthose who have already had a Christining/Naming Day.

Thanks

Nic, oh my a mobile already They sure do grow up fast hey. DP and I were talking the other day and saying how by the time Noah is 10 he'll probably have one. It's just the way things are now. Besides how much better does it feel knowing they have a phone that you can contact them on.

LoriRae, I forgot to say before regarding your friend. I would do the same as Nic suggests, go to a cafe or somewhere neutral. I know it still means that you can't put Ty on the floor, but hey, beats getting over run with dogs. How is Ty today ?

Carrie, you can tell I have way too many kids when I think of those kind of things - jolly jumper. LOL. WTG Gabe on his massive farts too, Abbey is the same, I dont know how so much noise can come out of a little bum.

Kts64s, I have made my own invites, I just played around with them on my computer, added some text and saved it to a disk, went into Big W and got them printed up. I have uploaded you Abbey's baptism invite and Tehya's Birthday Invite They really weren't too hard to make up and cost me so little to have them printed.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast