Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #14

Hi Alicia, wow, all these toothie pegs!!! Wonder when Gabes will come - no sign yet...
    A meet up would be great! The other place I know of that might be kind of central is Billy Lids in Hawthorne - a play centre.

Hi All!

Summer is goozying all over the keyboard as i type. Nice. haha. Summer hasn't any toothy pegs either yet. Luckily, cause all she seems to like doing is chomping on her fingers! She now sleeps from 9pm to about 6am, feeds then back to sleep till 10am. I'm lucky i got a good sleeper cause i really need some beauty sleep haha

Summer is going on her first holiday in July - DH and i are taking her to Bali for a week. Just to lay by the pool and do a bit of shopping. Will be interesting to see how she goes on the aeroplane!

My goodness, since i have started her on solids (she is now having a baby bowl full of rice cereal and butternut pumpkin a night) she has put on about 800g in 4 weeks. She is now almost 7kg and is in size 0 cause she is wayyyyy to long and her feet dont fit in any of the sleepsuits haha REALLY FAT LEGS TOO haha

Anyone else's bub almost sitting up? Summer sits up and plays with a toy then when she really gets excited she will lose concerntration and tumble back.

Hope everyone is doing well and any sick bubbas and mummas are getting better!!!!

hey nikki - lucky you on holidays again.. it wasnt that long i remember u saying should i go whilst im pregnant lol
    ash isnt sitting up yet but....................he got on his knees on sat night YAY! mummy was sooo proud!

Gosh for once its me who can't keep up

Alicia: woo on 2 teeth. hope to see a pic soon. Love those first teeth. too cute

Trish: Happy 6 Months to Miss Abbey!!

Nikki: wow How much fun is that going to be.. Bali looks gorgeous!

um trying to think what was on the other page....... hi to everyone.. Hope we are all on the med from these sickies..

I went to the Dr today.. On prednisone and amoxil and my puffer when required. gone from hourly to 2 hourly in just half a day thanks to some strong drugs.. Nice to breathe again

oh and I got this festy cold sore right across my bottom lip. the Dr said to get zovirox but I thought that was just when you felt one coming so the Lady at the chemist gave me the most brilliant cream.. It is called Carmex. Seriously it is healing so fast after just 3 applications.. She said about 48 hours and it will be hardly noticable.. I know they don;'t usually last long but I have had the most swollen lip and so gross looking.. So while still noticable it doesn't look anywhere near as bad

Well watching Carsen and browsing ebay Night Ladies

Nic I would love to get a toothy smile but the Little Miss wont show her teeth to anyone! She smiles with her tongue out so that you can't see the teeth. I too am browsing ebay - hope we don't bid on the same thing ;-)

oh I won't be bidding Alicia Spent too much money in there already

We got 2 lenses for our camera at a frction of the cost.. hoping they arrive tomorrow

Ahh, so much going on in here. Will catch up tomorrow. We have had a very bad clingy day and I have steam coming out of my ears looking at my lounge sitting, baby ignoring dh.
    Night all

Just a quicky from me. I will catch up properly tomorrow. Have to ask. When your babies cry do they have tears ? Abbey's eyes go red and watery but no tears falling as such. Can't remember when the other kids had real tears. Maybe it's just that I don't let her get that upset.

Kts, I plan on making Abbey's food up fresh for her. As I said "plan" doesn't mean that it will always happen though. And when I have to give her jarred food it will be from the organic range. I think it just tastes nicer for them. As for us as a rule no I don't buy the organic stuff, purely as a cost thing. We have a hard enough time affording groceries for all of us as it is.

Liz, pffft sleep, what's that. Hope you had a good day after all your sleep last night. I am stuffed.
    YAY on Kayla's teeth too. Abbey has chomped on me a couple of times now too. Doesn't tickle, but it doesn't compare with a 1 year old and a mouthful of teeth either

Janine, sorry to hear that you've been sick too. Hope you are feeling better now.

Carrie, because Gabe is bf he really doesn't need any other fluids at all. BM is both his food and drink Abbey didn't have any solids tonight, she fell to sleep early. Am taking our start to it all very slowly.
    Unfortunately we won't know if it's going to be an ongoing thing for Abbey until next time. IYKWIM, the fact that it has hung around for around 6 weeks now though isn't a good sign for her.

Nic, that prednisone works great hey. I was on that at Christmas when I went to hosp, as that's what Abbey has been on too. Ouch on the coldsore. I get shocking ones too. Touch wood haven't had one in a while. Although I have a few times gotten one right in the middle of my top lip, causing it to swell so bad, like over my bottom lip. Looked like a damn budgie, had a 3rd degree infection in it. Not a good look let me tell you. And freaking hard to have a cuppa with. Sorry my sook.

Alicia, are her top teeth to be seen yet ? I can see Abbey's just sitting there. Her top gum is swollen. But I think they are still a little way off yet.

Nikki, half your luck on the sleeps. I used to get them, back at 6 weeks, but not anymore. Lucky you on going to Bali too. Great idea to go now while Summer is small enough not to be too much of a bother on the plan or on your holiday.
    Sounds like she is growing nicely. A little chubba bubba. Very cute.
    Abbey can sit up for short ammounts of time, not really steadily, but I have only just started sitting her on the floor too. Got a couple of pics of her doing it on the weekend. Will have to post them.

OK, seems that I caught up. Trying to keep myself awake for the big brother late show - can't remember the name. I know that the minute I go and sit on the lounge to watch it though I will fall to sleep.

Have a good night girls. I hope you all get some decent sleep. I can hear Abbey in there coughing again. Hope she doesn't wake back up.

Trish: I recommend this cream.. Carmex.. I am amazed at how fast it worked.. It even smells all mentholy great for a blocked nose too

Nic - I hate cold sores as well, had one recently on my nose and it looked very ugh and was so sore, I will have to remember the name of your cream next time as the stuff I was using was useless.

Sofia has a new noise and it is very loud, not sure hoe someone so small can make such a squwalk, truly scary if you are not expecting it, and just a bit embarrassing when she was happily sqwalking away in the office today. No teeth here but chewing on everything so not too far away.

Abbey is a sqealer. She will lay there and squeal at the top of her voice. Very annoying after a while. Can someone PLEASE send the sleep fairies to my house. I swear I saw every hour in last night. It was a joke. I am going to drug the baby before bedtime tonight.

Of course she is fast asleep now, and I am up with Tehya !!

My gf that I was pregnant with last year is preg again. She msged me lastnight to tell me her EDD, is 10 Dec. There won't even be 12 months between the babies. And she has a little boy that would have just turned 2. I think I'd be suicidal with kids that close. She has another 2 girls too, a 14 and a 9 year old. Thinking blue for her (her 3rd one is a boy and she wants another) so she can stop having babies. She has caught up to me now and I don't want to have to go again

Blue vibes headed your friends way.. and yes less then 12 months might send me right over the edge too I think more being pregnant with a baby is what would do it lol..

Decent night here.. Olivia slept 7 til 3:30 and 4 till 6..I wish we could drop that 2-4am feed and just hve a 5"30 start to the day.. but one day it will happen..

Another tip I got from the lady at the chemist was to use Amolin cream on wind burn and after the cold sore has cleared up use the amolin for a few days to keep my lips moist Jacob has a yucky sore rash under his nose from the constant wiping so we have started with the amolin there too

I think being preg for nearly 3 years straight is going to take it's toll on anyones body and brain. She ends up hospitalised each pregnancy with severe morning sickness. So I am hoping that it doesn't happen this time to her.

I will be sure to try and remember that cream Nic, but if I forget I will be ack to ask you about it again. I used to use lanolin on the kids noses once they had gone to bed of a night time. I still use it on Tehya's face as she gets a shocking dribble rash on her chin. I know, she's 3 and shouldn't be dribbling, try telling her that.

Great sleep you got there. Wanna swap ? Abbey does go straight back off to sleep when she wakes but it is the constant waking up that's killing me. I try replacing her dummy and she still sooks, just wants to comfort suck then goes back to sleep. I am sure (read hoping) that it's just her teeth, once these top ones cut she will settle back down. problem is, by that time she will have got herself into a bad habit. Aggggg babies, it's never just easy is it.

Nic - i love carmex. i dont get cold sores but its awesome for dry lips in general.

Trish - Ash gets tears... and i hate them,,he looks soo sad. And with the squealing.. Ash doesnt squeal so much he SCREAMS!!! at the top of his lungs the highest pitch you have ever heard! its terrible! hehe ill be in alot of trouble if hes one of those kids who flop to the floor and scream in the middle of the shopping centre if he doesnt get what he wants!!!!

Ash had his needles yesterday,.. he was such a good boy.. much better than before. i went to my GP this time tho not the nurses. Today hes not happy tho.. been wingy all morning and is quite hot, so hes in bed atm with some nurofen and hopefully hell be ok. poor bubba

Ive been hormonal as these last couple days... this house selling stuff is driving me insane.. and would u believe ive had the worse period pain.. but not AF yet thank god.. its the last thing i need right now.

Hope everyones having a good day

Hi everyone,
    Ethan has got a horrible flu. my poor little darling. he is 5 months old tomorrow i dont know where it has gone.
    Charlie had 2 seizures at daycare on Thursday so we spent most of the night at the hospital. back off for his tests again. i sorta wish they hadnt taken him off his meds in march. Jack is coming down with the flu and alex wants to be sick!
    have told myself that i am also trying not to talk to my mother - she wants more grandkids. I keep telling her that i am not having anymore 4 is heaps enough! My sisters only have 2 and the other 1 i told her to annoy them or wait until my brothers grow up - they are 10 and 9 then she should get more.
    Trish - hope abbeys teeth if it is them come threw soon. Might be the cold as well.
    aussienic - that is a great sleep. Ethan used to have the same pattern until he was hospitalzed now it is up nearly all night
    LoriRae - Hope you have a better day 2day. Clingy days are bad i agree - my eldest was clingy for 6 months. But then they grow up to his 7 years of age and dont want cuddles at school or infront of ppl because they are not "cool".
    better run hello to everyone i missed and hugs to you all because you are all great mums

Hi girls, just a quick one from me, have way too much housework to do and want to have a shower before Jake wakes up.

Trish, Jake has had tears for probably around 2 months but only when he's really upset.

I have some exciting news... you guys are probably gonna think i'm crazy and telling porkie pies but Jake said his first word yesterday... mum mum!! I couldn't believe it and it wasn't a fluke as he said it about 3 times yesterday and a couple of times this morning. I don't think he makes the connection that i'm mum mum but I'll take what i can get!! From the day he was born I've kept repeating to him every day "mum mum mum, dad dad dad, bub bub bub" and it seems he chose mum! I thought it was way too early for a word but there it was!!

BTW, Jake sits up but only for a few seconds at a time, he's a little top heavy at the moment!

Will catch up properly soon, hope everyone's having a good day!

Janine I don't think you are crazy beacause Olivia says 'mum' too!!! I am sure that she doesen't know that I am 'mum' but she does say it (I think she might just like the mmmm sound), but like you I will take it :-)

Hi everyone
    Janine I believe you on the mum word... My Olivia has been saying it for about a month now and very clearly and now I think associates the word with me... as my other two constantly call MUM and she been watching them get my attention and has put 2 and 2 together... Its so sweet considering Dad is meant to b the first word spoken...

Trish OMG your friend expecting again this soon we have discussed having a 4th and we will in anoher year or so..... I really hope your friend has a trouble free preg

Olivia has taken to waking almost consistantly during the night .... She sorta on solids as well so thought she might sleep through but noooooo

Well I am off to hang out my washing again it never ever goes away

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast