Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born February 16th-28th 2009 #2

Hi all

Wow so much to catch up on. You girls chat lots!!!! Sorry for not being round... combination of unsettled bubs, DH taking the laptop to work and being out and about doing stuff. Will do my best...

Ali - wow sounds like a dream night last night! Well done for getting out to SIL's house, with little A only a week old! Fabulous. Everyone must have been impressed!

SJ (and others!) - according to Baby Love, the blue around their mouth does not mean wind. My MIL is obsessed with DD "getting her wind up" and has commented on the blue around her mouth, but then I was reading Baby Love today and she says it is because of their thin skin and the proximity of the veins to the surface of baby's face, not wind. All these conflicting theories etc!

Kaz- my ankles are almost back to normal as well! I can fit into normal shoes, am so excited. My Obs told me it would take a while so this was quicker than I'd thought! Now if only I could fit into my normal clothes...

Laura - Happy 21st in advance!!!! Hope you have an awesome night GL with the expressing... I hope you can sort it out and have a few bevvies to celebrate. Even if you don't get enough to exclusively use expressed milk, Bella could always have one or two bottle of formula and the rest EBM.

Meg - self settling... Isabel is pretty good at night but during the day is pretty shocking. She's very unsettled during the day - to the point where I have had my MIL come round a few mornings just so I can shower and have breakfast before I go wherever I need to.

I think that I'm not going to stress about it until she's a little bit older... she doesn't understand at the moment.

Oh and also I do change at night, it wakes her up a little bit so I can feed her the other side. If Isabel doesn't feed both sides she only sleeps an hour or so... but if I get both sides into her she will sleep a bit longer. She's also got a bit of nappy rash so I'm trying not to leave her nappies on her longer than necessary, as she's in cloth.

Update on me... ended up at the Obs again on Friday as I was worried my epi was infected again... but apparently its all healing up really nicely, but I had a swab anyway as it has a bit of a nasty odour (sorry for the TMI ) No idea what it is but I'm a bit self-conscious about the smell...

Update on DD... she has been feeding and sleeping really well today, feeding every 2hrs but going to sleep in between which is nice! I've even gotten her to sleep in her cradle twice which is awesome and unusual! Hope it doesn't mean she's going to party all night...

Had our 4wk check at the MCHN - she's stacked on 570g in two weeks and is now 4.7kg, which is the 90th percentile! She's also grown 5cm in length, which puts her at 57.5cm on the 95th percentile! She is going to be a tall girl!

But her head is little... only the 25th percentile. Weird!

Oh and Isabel smiled for the first time today!

Not much else to report... off to the MIL's for dinner (she's still cooking for us, love it) and then church.

Are any of the Melb girls going to the meet up on Friday?

Hope everyone has a great night tonight!!!

oohhhh op sounds like miss isabel is doing well!!!
    millie is smiling too now which is lovely!
    wheres the meet up??

Wow Isabel is doing very well! DD1 was the opposite 25th percentile for weight and 95th for head They grow into their bodies though - you can't tell that DD has a big head!

J is smiling too (I think) but it could be wind - I like to think it's a smile. She has dimples too - it's sooo cute!

Where's this meetup on Friday? I am going to one on Thursday in Footscray I think if I can get there.

nai millie has a dimple too,just on one side!

Hi girls - I'm about to start a thread in the post-birth body section but thought I'd give you a link to a photo of my rash jic anyone has seen it before or knows what it is or how to treat it?

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...hp?photo=12912

Ignore the 'sexy' looking socks! They're my TEDS stockings so I can avoid a blood clot!

looks nasty hun, is it itchy??

Kaz- Its weird, my sister had a similar rash flare up when she was pregnant and no one could explain it. She has always had sensitive skin tho, then after she had her son it started to settle so who knows. The wind drops are called infacol just at chemist.

I am really ****ed at Df right now. He tells me there family day at local cricket, knowing his friends I have to ask if its a proper family day or him and his mates standing round drinking. Well ends up that yeah there are kids there but mainly people standing round drinking but Df happens to be the biggest drinker gets wasted and lies passed out on couch for evening while I'm trying to feed and get Ash ready for bed, settle a crying baby. And now he is acting like I am being a ***** cause I don't want to talk to him.

Sorry bout the vent just very angry!

shell id be peeved off too hun

Shell - THat is really not on. I understand why you must be mad.

E is really unsettled tonight. Currently crying. J is also not asleep and whinging about going to bed. I am about to burst into tears from shear exhaustion.

Hey girls
    just a quick one- got another migrane!!! DAMMM! Gonna have to do something about these damm migranes- nothing is hitting their sides and they keep on happening!

Otherwise all good here- Mr L has been on the boob ALLL arvo- man!! from around 3pm till now - ah well what can you do!

Just a quickie- are you girls wrapping your bubs- I find that if is the easiest way to settle bubs!! Wrap them really tight so that they cant escape- definately an art to it! Put one side of the wrap and one arm in and tuck it under their arm, then wrap over the other side and tuck in the other arm. Do it tight so houdini cant even escape!

If Levi can escape then he wakes- if he cant- he settles- makes a huge difference- it did with my twins as well! Gotta keep those arms still and under control. Just an idea!!!

mwah to all Be back when i can see properly again!

ok this is going to be an incredibly shelfish post from me.

i just need to get this off my chest as DF doesnt really understand.

I feel as though i have failed my daughter, the one thing she relies on me for i cannot give her.
    I was almost in tears before buying a tin of formula at the supermarket.
    i had plenty of milk (and i mean PLENTY) and now each feed she is draining both boobs and by time her next feed comes they have hardly filled back up and she is starving after she 'tries' to feed.
    i was so ready to BF for at least 6 months as i failed with DS when he was born.
    I have drained myself physically and emotionally with this breastfeeding business and i could tell that bella was starting to pick up on it too....
    i hope i have made the right decision.

Am i allowed to formula feed and breast feed untill my supply stops?

hugs laura
    you are able to do whatever is best for you and bubs!
    if it works for you -then do it!

happy mum= happy baby
    and dont ever let anyone tell you different

mwah

my birth story - FINALLY
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/birt...ml#post1716121

thanks det

Laura- Please don't be gulity on yourself, your daughter needs to be fed regardless of where it is coming from so if you need to do both you shouldn't feel guilty on it. You can still BF and FF, I know some mums will BF first then top up with formula. Could you see a lactation consultant how to increase supply?

Det- Em hates being wrapped she will cry until her arm is free then she sighs like what a relief, very funny, Ash was exactly the same. Hope you sort out those migraines, they can be quite debilitating too.

Meg- How did your night turn out? Was your Dh home to help out? Did you end up getting the hammock? Has it helped? Oops lots questions there. I hope you've woken up today feeling 100 times better.

We had pretty good night so feeling better today.

Det - Yeah we try wrapping.

laura- You have to do what is best for oyu all. Don't feel like a failure.

Shell - Got the hammock, but late yest arvo so haven't really got to use it much yet. I ended up jsut putting E in with us last night. She grunted and groaned in pain for hours. She also vommited all over me 3 times. I have made an appt with another GP, as I really believe she has reflux. If they don't listen to me, I am going to go and present at the RCH. Also might give a paed Chiro a try.

det we wrap but with hands up near face, still in the wrap but just not with hands by side.

laura id see a LC as well or your GP to get some motilium to boost your supply!

meg hopw the new GP listens.

shell how is DP head this morning??

HI girls,
    Shocking night for me. At about 9pm I went to bed as I started to feel really sore all over, esp where my stitches were, my lower back and my boobs. The ache in my right boob was incredibly painful but there was no red spots. I got in the shower and put the hot water on them and expressed a bit, but then when I got out I got all headachey and nauseaus. I was crying I was in so much pain and praying that DD wouldnt wake up for a few hours. I then got in a warm bath to try and ease the pain that was in my lower back and all down my legs which worked but then I felt like I was going to be sick. I got out, got back into bed and then threw up everywhere. My head was killing and we had no panadol so I took 1 nurofen tab (I hope that wasnt too bad) I then managed to fall asleep until midnight. This morning I woke up at 5:30am to feed again and feel much better however DD hasnt slept properly since (only 10min stints) and I am exhausted.

I'll be back for personbals, she is upset again.!!!!! Go to sleep child!!!

ali you sure you dont have mastitis???
    your breastpads are will be in the mail today. sorry for the delay :reface:

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast