Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #11

Goodmorning

Sounds like everyone had a great easter!

Brendan's teeth are taking their time... They are usually through by now. They are so close to cutting. Once they are through he'll have 4 top and 4 bottom. He's getting 2 bottom now.

Not much else happening. We can't afford to buy a house so we are now searching the rental market. We've found one for $280 a week, so hopefully we can get into that one, it's really big.
    3 bedrooms (2 with BIR)
    Lounge
    TV room
    Study
    Kitchen
    1.5 bathrooms (I think that means seperate toilet?)
    Laundry
    and a Granny Flat!!!

*fingers crossed* it's still available today

Take care everyone

guess who's walking!!?????

Jemima!!!!!!!

On Sunday after ages of little steps here and there she walked 9 steps around my parent's backyard!!!

Guess who also has two solid naps a day?? and does not pull mummy's hair or get cuddles from mummy to do so???
    JEMIMA

yep yep jemima rocks

Had a quick read through the last 4 pages and have so much want to reply to!

Jemima quickly:

height - we got her measured 3 times in 3 weeks and she varied from 76 cm to 81.5cm so that is hilarous she is very tall though
    weight - weighed 3 times and varied between 8.7kg and 10kg heheheheehheeheheheh so funny but she is probably about 9ish
    head was about 44cm i think - nurse said small in comparision
    doctor said she was overtall not underweight

words - hmmmmmm
    i dont know about this - she definately has the mumma, dadda, dog, woof, uh oh (and when you say uh oh she looks on the floor) oh and bubba! whenever she sees a mirror, she does a lot of growling which is funny
    but she knows what all words mean..... especially "on head" or hair she sometimes freaks out there is either something on her head (like a clip) or freaks out there is something NOT on her head, continually tries to put hat on etc

damn, i have to go dogs barking annoyingly and will most likely wake her! which wouldnt be that bad coz i am supposed to be at mothers group
    but the last month i have really chilled out and have 'had' to spend more time at home to get these 2 solid naps into my girl
    she doesnt wake up randomly anymore and almost has a ROUTINE hehehehehehehehe

oh ohand is almost eating sandwiches for me
    fave food is banana, sultanas (even though she just 'processes' the flavour and spits them out), rice crackers, getting into broccoli etc

hi hi hi to everyone!!! (tashie is was nice of you to wonder where i was hehe)

ps -
    there was some breastfeeding talk i wanted to reply to too...
    jemima still has two feeds a day, once FIRST thing when she wakes up unless mega distracted and doesnt see or hear me and then only sometimes does she forget she wants it bad (then attacks me in bed, benji finds me hiding under the covers with the sheets up around my chin) and one before bed, she missed this one the other night and had extra long feed in the morning and my boobs hurt bad.
    i still sometimes get asked if i am still breastfeeding but not very often as people assume i wouldnt be, if they do ask and find out i am they usually say "wow", i think coz they dont have to SEE it they dont care
    so i figure while i CAN and jemima WANTS it i will give it to her, sometimes i want to get rid of the morning feed coz of the crazed lunatic she becomes wanting it so so bad but she weaned herself off the other feeds so we will just wait and see

childcare - i am going to think about it all when i think about going back to work - i am THINKING about thinking about going back to work when jem is 15months old as that is when the local daycare centre takes kiddies but she doesnt need it she has quite a few baby friends and is developing well without it, she is very friendly (sometimes too much so?) (will "go" to anyone) and she plays by herself and with other kids, she shares really good and doesnt understand why other kids dont share back
    i have bought a little table and chairs and she does drawings sometimes but has more fun putting the crayons back in the pencil case - ho hum

i have been looking after a friend of mine's bub once a fortnight and that is going really well, helps i have 2 carseats!! i took them shopping the first time and they both go to sleep for me likelittle angels! so so glad about that! jem has 2 hour nap everymorning almost and the other girl talks to herself for 30 mins then has an hour nap too so i have time to take a breath and get ready for them to trash my loungeroom again after i feed them both lunch which is good coz they watch eachother eat and try eachothers food (so cute the other baby named gemma so i have jem and gem)

okey pokey
    sally - brendan sounds like he may as well be agecorrected or whateva, he sounds like he is doing the same as the other bubs!
    jayne - bunnies too cute! all named the same thing even cuter (****leshell?? what's with that!?)
    ryn - i am so lucky there is no creche at church - but i would put jem in it in a heartbeat! although i have a feeling i will be the one running one if there ever is one - i think they are just thinking about a play area at the back of the church
    tashie - way to go with the weight loss - since jem's party i have put on some of the weight i lost but dont care, slow and steady losing it again, would be nice to lose more by my birthday but its all good
    kymmmmmmmmmmmmy - how is monkey's sleeping going?
    kristy - so excited for you with bub coming in october, my sil due in september, the way i'm going i will end up with a baby due around christmas - that would be awesome pressie
    lisa - hi hi!
    kirsten - hi hi hi!
    i accidently emailed "wattle" the other day (her husband has similar name to benji's pop) and she and emily are doing good (she didnt say much)
    is anyone in touch with cate??

HAVE A GOOD TUESDAY!

WTG Jemima on the 'Walking Babies Club'! That's awesome news!
    Glad to hear that you are a good girl for Mummy these days! WOO HOO!
    Have to go, BBL for personals. Had a really bad night with Claudia AGAIN. Her cold is getting worse. The plus side is that she is having a nap already this morning so I am getting some washing done!
    Love Jayne

snot snot snot
    help me figure this out
    about 2 weeks ago i realised that Jemima cant be ALWAYS sick... i suck at being a mummy but not THAT much....... and i realised the snot was mostly in the mornings and didnt really dry up with dimetapp and that she had watery eyes which i had put down to being "sick and tired" occasional sneezing but nothing to write home about
    so i took her to the doc thinking of hayfever.... he agreed it could be hayfever/allergy related
    ESPECIALLY since i also suck at being a housewife and have 3 dogs and a dusty house
    SO
    we put her on 10 days of claryntine.... it seemed to work after a couple of days..... and so no snot all good
    so i stopped using it about 3 days ago, the last two days SNOT and cough (coz of snot)
    but
    the snot is gluggy not runny.... but only in the morning really, although today it lasted all day
    so do i give her dimetapp or claryntine???
    help help help
    i hate snot !

this walking thing is so cool, jemima is heaps faster and walking more ALREADY and it has only been two days!

KEL _ Do you think she is allergic to something in the house? Like the dogs or some type of plant you have in your garden or something? If the claratyne dried her up last time, I say use it again. I'm stoked she is walking! Is she standing herself back up after she falls down? Took Claudia a while to do that. She is RUNNING now. My goodness she goes like the clappers if she has something she is not supposed to! Claudy is still getting over her cold, she slept better last night than she has in a few nights & today she has only had 1 sleep, where the last couple of days it's been 2. So I think she is on the mend.

Love Jayne xox

i think she is allergic to mornings.....
    with house full of dust and 3 dogs there is a big possibility these things irritate her sinises i guess, someone else also suggested it could be the stuff in the pool where we go swimming once a week..?
    i will give her claryntine this arvo and see if it makes any difference to her in the morning...
    i was just confused at the thick snot not watery..??

yep yep as soon as she falls down she stands back up and keeps trying, the little cheeky thing today though i was at lunch with a friend and for the first time she did the "i have jelly legs and have NO idea how to walk" thing hehehehehe she NEVER did that even when learning to walk and stuff so that is so funny - she totally did end up walking for my friend but it was so funny she was like "i am not a circus freak mummy"

is it the change in weather that is messing with your girls?? what is the weather like over there anyway Jayne?

Hahaha Jayne... Harrison is a runner too... he spins around so quickly too and just takes off!
    He wasn't really bouncing off the walls... we are rationing out his easter eggs... I think they will take a loooooong time to be eaten.

Kell - I was going to suggest the same thing as Jayne, could it be possible she has a allergy to something in the house? Anyway... yippee for Jem the big walking bubba... Way to go Jemima! I hope her snotties disappear soon.

Sally - BOL for the house hunting... DH and I did that earlier in the year... what a total PITA that was!!! Grrr... we needed a house at the same time that all the Uni students were looking for housing too... thankfully we got a brilliant house, in a gorgeous area of Newcastle. Fingers crossed that you get the house you want.

Tash - Grrr to the sick bugs!!! We have had more than our fair share here over the past 2+ months... it has been awful... so I completely sympathise with you. I hope you're feeling better soon and that Tobi doesn't come down with any nasties.
    Yes, Harrison does get frustrated with things.. especially his shape sorter, and being held at times... he gets cranky and throws things sometimes, but mostly he grunts and growls.

Well, I best be off... I am getting Neverfail here today to start me back on my diet!!! I am so excited to be starting all over again... I finally heard back from the consultant who informed me that because of my miscarriage etc, I can start again with a new program and it won't cost me anymore... so I am getting my bloods done in the morning and I will be on my way again... time to shed the Easter Eggs!!! lol

Hello!!

Kel, WooHOO!!! Well done Jemima

Lisa, we've put our application in so fingers crossed

I had this all typed up then it froze... can't remember what else I wanted to say...

lol

Night ladies

Just a quickie as I am so far behind in my housework and Mr Moo is asleep (well not really, but he is in his cot pretending to be asleep!)

Tobi - Has ear infections again. I didn't think they cleared up probably last time.

Me - Still sick and so over it. Have my voice back at least.

DH - Has taken some time off to look after us, but now having trouble getting a doctors certificate for Tobi and I so that DH can use it to cover his carers leave.

Kel - So glad your back and that everything is really great with Jem, except for the snot. Have you introduced any new foods. Snot can also be a sign of being allergic to foods.

Kym - Why are you frustrated? You are normally in love.

Ryn - How did the eye test go? Any luck on finishing the kitchen yet?

Sally - I hope you get the house. Fingers are crossed.

Lisa - Best of luck with your diet. I am starting mine up again next week too.

Haven't seen Catherine on here since late Jan/early Feb. I had a look to see when she last wrote and she said something about having to watch what she says as Terry checks up on Belly Belly to see what she is writing and there has been nothing since.

PS. I think that most people probably ask about whether you are still breastfeeding and if your child is walking as it "usually" happens around 12months and it is just something that people can ask you. If I met another 1 year old, I would probably ask the Mum the same thing, just to make conversation.

Love and Kisses to all the babies

i bet jemima is allergic to sandwiches.... SHE WISHES!

Hi Girls,

Great to have you back Kel. Had my 13 week Nt scan yesterday heart beat was 169 and all looked fine. Got to still get the combined result back with my blood test, but feeling nice and relaxed. ( which is unlike me!!!). Bub was moving around all over the place. Very cute sucking its thumb!!!

I can't beleive how fast this pregnancy is going. Get panice moments with teh thought of two 19 months apart, but I guess 2 will be hard no matter what the age difference. Erin is so easy now, sleeping and eating so well, just hope that continues. Got Erin's christening tomorrow so better get back to cleaning and cooking what fun!!!!

xxx

Hi girlies

Wow, I can't keep up.

Congrats on Jemima for walking, that's great. Aren't they so cute as toddlers? I love it! Although it does mean that they can get around now: Liebling discovered how to turn the gas on the hobs yesterday while he was wandering around.

Kristy, yay for the scan going so well. Ooooh, I want to be pregnant!

Jayne, Easter bunnies sound so cute! But I don't want bunnies LOL.

Sal, that rental house sounds nice.

Lisa, Liebs can run too. It's so funny to watch! We'renot allowing him chocolate, he's up all night with just a tiny bit of chocolate orange cake. Didn't stop him attacking the quality street this morning, he bit theough the wrapper to get the chocolate! It was a nutty one though, at least he seems OK (still breathing etc).

Tashie, poor Tobi with the ear infection. Not nice. I don't ask about BFing, simply because the mums I know IRL either are very vocal about BFing and have done so until self-weaning (usually around 14-15m, I'm dreading that!) or bottle-feed. There are a few who are still feeding and quiet about it, but those are ones I know quite well. I wouldn't ask a stranger because of the level of bottle feeding there is around here.

As for me (and I hope I haven't missed anyone, hi to you if I have!), well...

Let's start with my childcare whinge. I've not been overly happy with DS's current nursery (the whole induction fiasco then the first day there they tell me with next to no notice they don't want him all day) and anyway, they say he can go full-time after Easter. Great, no more unpaid leave for me. But I call them Tuesday and they say September. No, I say, you said after Easter. Get this: "By that we meant school holidays Easter, and then we need the children to get settled in the new rooms, so it will be June." June is not frigging Easter! Say June if that's what you mean! He is so not wanted there, they haven't even put his name above a peg. Everyone else has a peg. He doesn't have his photo up; everyone else has that. I know he wants Mummy but FFS they are a nursery, that's what some children are like. Just cos I'm better than them at playing with children. Ha, all the children there talk to me and DS is only there one day a week. But I talk to them and play with them too - or I did when it wasn't them bundling me out the door ASAP. Anyway, Tuesday I ring the local nursery, they have a space for all my three days! DS loves it there, they like him, he has a peg (I know, little things), he wants to go there cos he can do painting and have fun... I don't know if it's because he's better at walking or what, see what he's like on Monday - which is his last day at the hospital nursery. I'm telling them on Monday I'm taking him out because of this stupid "by Easter we meant June" thing. We're not impressed, we've both needed time off now because they won't take him. Anyway, the new one is a bit more expensive but I'd rather pay an extra ?100 a month full-time and feel like DS was looked after, wanted, loved and enjoying himself.

Eye test - that showed that I am slightly short-sighted (-0.25 in each eye) so not affecting the migraines. My GP agrees it's probably childcare, no sleep, work stress... but has given me some super-strong tablets that should stop a migraine ASAP, I take them when I feel one coming. I'm just sick of losing colour vision. Had a bad migraine on Monday, I made DH stop playing WoW and play with DS as I went to bed... so they played on the piano and with his noisy train set. Thanks for that.

DS slept last night. He slept from just before 10 until after 6.30 - I'm really impressed with him! About 9 hours. That was bliss. DH was up at 6 to go fishing (he had DS yesterday afternoon and "deserves a day off" - won't tell you how annoyed I am about that, but suffice to say I'm leaving DS in nursery Tuesday afternoons, we have to pay for a full day anyway, and having that time for me) so I was awake, but it was so nice to not be up all night, to be awake and in bed knowing DS didn't need me! Don't know what. Maybe the steroid cream for his eczema is working. Maybe that molar stopped upsetting him (post-calpol at 10). Don't know but praise God he's finally sleeping! I just hope and pray this continues.

Hi girls

I am really not impressed with myself atm,,, I had a long post,, and am rather tired,, accidently clicked on something on my keyboard,, turned to look back at the screen,, and it was GONE!! *sigh*,,, I dont have the patience of energy atm to rrewrite it, so might try and get it donw tomorrow.

Basically,,, to compact it all,,, DS still is not walking,, but close,,cruising quite well, and letting go for a few seconds at a time.
    I think he is teething one of his back teeth as his gums on the bottom on one side are heaps wider and redder than the other areas,, so that would explain why he is waking up at night several times again each night (oh joy,, we all know what that does to your mood huh)
    My 2nd DS is turning 8 on friday next week,, so have gotten him a few clothes which he needs, and DH and I were wracking our brains on what to buy him to go wth it,, as between all the boys,, they have nearly all the toys that they have ever asked for for presents etc,, and the only other things that they have asked for are not suitable. Finally yesterday we decided,,,, as we have not had any pets for a few years due to the rental situation,, we decided to bend a little and we bought him a big cage,, and are buying him his very own budgerigar!!.(sp?)
    While it may seem like a unusual gift,, you would have to know him to understand why... He has a furby toy he got for christmas last year after begging all year for one,,,, and the only other gift he has ever asked for is a "Squarky MCaw",, which is a toy parrot that sits on a perch and talks to you... I personally think he is a little old for things like that,, and he always asks for a pet, so, that is why we came up with that decision. I know he will be absolutely wrapped!!
    Now I just have to pick one out the morning of his birthday,, and get his party arrangements organised. He wants a pinarta, so we have to pick that up too,, cant wait to see his face hehe.

On my personal own front,, I still dont have my period after having DS,, although I get absoloutely horrid cramping, very emotional and teary at times too. I have been a watcher of the tubal ligation thread and found that most of the things i have only just started suffering since having DS,, can be attributed to the ligation Just my luck huh!!.

Ryn: I also know how you feel hun,,, I LOVED being pregnant,,,,,,and wish I could have been pregnant at about the 7-8 month stage for much much longer than I had. I suppose as DS was my last,, that I really feel it more than with any of my others. Although DS said that if we owned our own house,, we would have had one more try at a baby girl,, but,, cant help that now lol.

Kristy ; biggest of big :hugs: hun!!
    So good to see you here, and doing so well with your new little bundle,,,, cant believe that Erin is going to be a big sister!! That makes 2 of our original bellybuddies group that are having another bub now

Well,, I will see you all again tomorrow with some more

Lil - I am really sorry to hear that you aren't feeling too great at the moment. Kym and I only just got our AF back and I don't think Kel has hers yet, so i am sure yours isn't too far away? You are still breastfeeding hey? My AF didn't come back until after I stopped (3 days after), which was part of the reason why I wanted to wean Tobi. Are you on the pill? I stopped taking the pill too as the doc said that it might stop my periods too... Have you spoken to your doctor about maybe having tubal ligation? I have endometriosis which causes a lot of pain, maybe look that up and see if it is similar to your symptoms...but I would definitely see a doctor if you are worried... As far as walking, Tobi isn't walking either. He is probably about a month off I think. I wouldn't worry about it too much if you can help it. They have averages for a reason and they say you shouldn't worry until they get to about 20months. I am actually enjoying Tobi not walking yet. I don't wont my baby too grow up too fast... The bird sounds like a fabulous pressie for your DS. I think that he will love it.

Ryn - Sounds like this new childcare place is heaps better and less stressful for you and Liebs, so definitely worth the money. And good on you for having Tuesday afternoons off. You so deserve it and hopefully it might make you feel a bit better and help with the migraines. Glad to hear that Liebs is sleeping better. I hope he keeps it up.

Kristy - How did the Christening go? Glad that the scan went well. I hope you got some cute photos.

Kym - How is Monkey? I hope she is feeling better. DH doesn't leave now until Fri so we'll have to catch up next week.

I have been reading this book on food for toddlers for dummies and it has some really good info in it. Did you know that our bubs should be getting 30% of their dietry in take from fat. And if you are wondering what the top foods are to eat in order to get the most nutritional value (as I was), they are
    * Eggs
    * Meat (lamb has more nutritional value than beef, turkey is pretty high up there and chicken is at the bottom of the list)
    * Fish
    * Dairy foods (cheese rocks)
    * Grains (wholemeal bread, pasta etc)
    * Avocado
    * Spinach
    * Brocoli
    * Bananas
    * Carrots
    * Sweet Potato
    * Peanut Butter
    * Almonds (you get can almond meal that is ground almonds for muffins etc)

Us - Tobi is still on AB but happy. Took him to see fireworks last night. He thought that they were very cool and talked about it all the way home.

Hello!
    WOW so long since I've been in here,
    and as usual, I have no time, all is really well with us Quinn has 16 teeth and does a little bit of walking, about 8 steps at a time, and at this moment is learning to use the mouse We wrote down his words the other day - he has about 32 that we can understand. Still BF morning and night.
    Had a quick look at the last few pages, I've missed so much.
    I am getting all fit which is weird for me, I am doing a running program twice a week and a mums ex class once a week and a 5 k walk once a week!!! I have never been a fit person ever but I need to do it to keep my energy up - I can't keep up with Quinn otherwise, he is a walking talking ball of energy!

Hope everyone is well

Hello!
    WOW so long since I've been in here,
    and as usual, I have no time, all is really well with us Quinn has 16 teeth and does a little bit of walking, about 8 steps at a time, and at this moment is learning to use the mouse We wrote down his words the other day - he has about 32 that we can understand. Still BF morning and night.
    Had a quick look at the last few pages, I've missed so much.
    I am getting all fit which is weird for me, I am doing a running program twice a week and a mums ex class once a week and a 5 k walk once a week!!! I have never been a fit person ever but I need to do it to keep my energy up - I can't keep up with Quinn otherwise, he is a walking talking ball of energy!

Hope everyone is well

HELLO??????? Remember me?

I have been MIA as well. Like most of us here, have had some 'issues' that I have been trying to get through. I'm sick of cleaning the high chair 64 times per day, scraping food off the floor, wiping hand marks off the walls, picking up toys every couple of hours, vacuuming the carpet, mopping 3 times per week, getting the food shopping done, getting kids to swimming, thriving 3's & gymnastics, cooking dinner & stacking & unstacking dishwasher & spending the rest of the little time I have at the washing line or folding up clothes. It just is getting all too hard on my own! I have had a couple of meltdowns, but I am feeling better now. I guess it's not that I'm really sick of doing all that, I'm sick of doing it all on my OWN! I'm also sick of seeing all the little things in the house that need fixing or tending too & having to wait until Alan gets home. We have been in this house for 4 years this month (we built) & we still had just lightbulbs hanging out the ceilings, except for Claudy's room, where she has a cover over it. So I went to the lighting shop & bought covers for all the lights in the hallways, walk in robe, toilet, pantry, etc... & got something SPECTACULAR for our bedroom, with a matching lamp & then rang them back today & got another pretty swish pendant for the kitchen. I also got a mermaid lamp shade on order to be made for Jessica's mermaid bedroom. Then I have some fab pics of the kids, that are begging to be framed, so I took them to the photo lab & am getting them put onto big canvases for the toy room & then there was an add for a new outdoor furniture company opening up & a lot of their outdoor settings came with free patio heaters. So I went out there & got a 9 piece octagonal setting, placemats to match, lazy susan & the FREE patio heater. Got Alan's family around & they helped me put it together. I have also been adding plants to the garden to bulk & pretty it up a little & been mulching it with the straw from the rabbit hutches, so I'm mulching & fertilising at the same time. Very Mother Earth of me I think. So I finally feel as though I'm getting somewhere in the house & like I am doing something rather than just being the Mummy. So there. LOL. I'm done!

I am feeling better, the kids are happy, although Claudia is STILL coughing, it's been 3 weeks now. I'm starting to think she might have a mild dose of croup? Or even asthma. I notice she coughs when the air gets a little cooler, like from 3 - 6am or when her & Jess have been running around like nutters. I had childhood asthma & even my mum pointed out it's like she is asthmatic because she gets really wheezy & coughs after she has been running around or the air turns a bit cooler. I was thinking of taking her to the Dr but she's not actually really sick, except when those things happen? It's odd, but I had to give her some demazin early this morning because she was coughing until she was gagging & the water wasn't helping.

I'm still breastfeeding, & I haven't had AF return, but then again I have had the Implanon Implant inserted, so that could be why. I've had it in since Feb 10 now. I am feeding Claudia before bed at night, about 5am & then at waking usually about 7 - 8am. HOWEVER, this morning she woke up sooooooo chirpy & wanted to play, & she always wakes crying, but not this morning & she wriggled out my arms to get down, so I made her a sippy cup of warm cows milk & gave that to her & she walked around sipping it & then came & sat on my lap & drank the whole 250mLof it. So I was rapt with that. I am trying to wean her, I have my wisdom teeth out next wednesday & apparently I'm not allowed to breastfeed her for 48 hours because of the anaesthetic, but I'm telling you, with the way she is sleeping atm, I am keen for her to breastfeed during that time! LOL. Anyway, she is having a BOTTLE when she wakes from her afternoon sleep & I'm not happy with that. I don't see why at 13 months I should give her a bottle. But in saying that, I haven't breastfed her during the day since early Feb so I don't want to go back to that, that's why the bottle has stayed. Jessica gave up her bottles right on 12 months & I just think she is too old at 13 months to put her onto a bottle rather than breastfeed. SO I have just been breastfeeding her. But today when she took the sippy cup, I thought that was great, so I will try that when she wakes & see what happens & also tonight.

I'm so sorry, I have just read all the posts & I don't have time for personals. I'll come back later, I have to go & collect Jessica from Thriving 3's.

Oh yeah, for those who asked about the bunnies, they are 12 days old now & have (as Jessica says) grown their 'jackets on'. Fur! They are just the most adorable things & all of them are SOLD! Brilliant! I have even got orders for some more, so looks like bunny breeding is exactly what I was meant to do! They are all still named ****leshell & they are so snuggly & warm. The next stage for them is to open their eyes.

Love Jayne xox

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast