Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #11

oh jayne - i know exactly how you feel BUT my hubby here and does it all..... BUT makes no difference coz i just 'sit around' and think of other things that need doing that i cant possibly do by myself.... NOT i can do it and now like you am making myself do it so I FEEL LIKE I AM MORE THAN A HIGHCHAIR CLEANER

tell me more about asthma if you find out more coz evil SIL said that jemima has it coz she was wheezing i was just thinking it was a chesty cough that she has everyso often
    dont want to be at the doc again but dont want to leave asthma untreated if there is something i can do now to make it not as bad or something
    i want a bunny but my dogs would annoy it then accidently kill it or jemima would hug it to death.....

I just put some pics in my gallery of our ****leshells.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashie View Post
    I have been reading this book on food for toddlers for dummies and it has some really good info in it. Did you know that our bubs should be getting 30% of their dietry in take from fat. And if you are wondering what the top foods are to eat in order to get the most nutritional value (as I was), they are
    * Eggs
    * Meat (lamb has more nutritional value than beef, turkey is pretty high up there and chicken is at the bottom of the list)
    * Fish
    * Dairy foods (cheese rocks)
    * Grains (wholemeal bread, pasta etc)
    * Avocado
    * Spinach
    * Brocoli
    * Bananas
    * Carrots
    * Sweet Potato
    * Peanut Butter
    * Almonds (you get can almond meal that is ground almonds for muffins etc)
    Thankyou for sharing that with us!

Hello everyone

Well, Brendan has seen the speechie and we have a list of things to try. She is writing a letter for our paed.... and said that the decision to snip was up to them because they know brendan better.
    He also had his CHN check and has finally cracked 9kg!!
    Brendans stats are:
    W: 9280gms (+360!)
    L: 73cms (+1)
    HC: 46cms (same)

Percentiles:
    (Actual/corrected)
    L: 10th/25th
    W: 10th/25th
    HC: 25th/50th

he only just on the lines for the W and L... and a little over for HC. Big boofa head! rofl.

Still haven't heard about the house... will ring this alvo if haven't heard anything!

Take care... sorry for a selfish post.

Hi everyone
    Harrison had his 12 month check up done today... even though he is 14 months old!! lol.
    It has taken us 2 months to get him into the CFHC.
    The CFHN was most impressed with Harrison... he walked into her office by himself... then realised the focus was all on him, so he got shy and cuddle up to my breast... which is something that I was told by her that most 1 year old's should do... they're becoming more and more aware of strangers.
    After a while, Harrison got comfy with her.She asked if Harrison is saying any words, and I told her he talks all the time.. he then spotted a ball in the office, pointed to it (which is his new, favourite thing to do) and said "ball"... it was funny. He was weighed with his clothes on first, then undressed, measured and weighed without clothes... then he was put onto the floor to have a "nudie run" so she could check his legs... she said they're nice and straight... so then Harrison proceeded to pee on the floor!!! I was so embarressed!!!
    Today I went to the shops, just to get some money out for the lawnmower man, and I carried Harrison to the mall entrance, and he walked the rest of the way... at one stage he didn't want to hold my hand, he just wanted to walk along side me. I rewarded him for his big walk with a ride on a bunny car ride... which he loved.

His stats are;
    Weight - 9.75kgs
    Height - 74cms
    Head circ - 45.25cms

Looks like he is gonna be a shortie like his Mummy lol.

Hi ladies,

I thought id better pop in and say hi, i should really join the group again but i am trying to organise our wedding etc, plus im almost in my 3rd trimester....
    Jett is going well, he is saying a few words, loves playing with cars etc, a real typical boy. He has 2 teeth getting his top two as i type, (about time!!) running everywhere etc.
    He weighs 11 kgs, i have to take him to the ECHC for a good weigh/measure/ check.

Hope your all going well... I will try and keep up!!

FINALLY - Jemima is eating food.... all kinds of foods..... FINALLY it doesnt come straight out again unless i have failed in the Martha department and the rice is too crunchy or something like that

She is starting to get a real little attitude too, trying to chuck tantrums all the time but knows I am not going to take any crap.

TELL ME - do any of your children hit themselves in the head??? Jemima has started doing this a lot. Today she did it a couple of times and then when she wanted to crack it bad in the car coz she was hungry she just started throwing herself around in the car seat but not screaming or anything like she was holding it all up inside....???

Kel... Brendan has started to bang his head on things, like the cupboard door! He's not chucking tantrums or anything... just for fun.

Scorpiomum, congrats on your pg!!

Lisa yay for walking!!

Hahaha Sally... Harrison does the same thing, then he turns to us and smiles.

Kel - Madeleine used to do that too... it was almost like she knew what she wanted to say, but got frustrated because she couldn't tell me, so she would bang her head... the funny thing is, out of all my friends, the ones with girls all tell me their daughters have done it, but the boy's don't seem to... I wonder if it is a girly thing?

Harrison has started doing the cutest and funniest thing ever... when he hears a song that he "knows", he starts to mouth the words to the song... it is the funniest thing to see. Last night before dinner, Jamie was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody and when the headbanging part from Waynes World came on... Harrison started to head bang... my brother and SIL were here and saw him do it, and they both cracked up laughing at him... I think he has been watching his big brother too much (who has a fascination with Waynes World atm! lol)
    I just had to share that with you all... I am hoping to get him mouthing the words to songs on video sometime soon... If I get it, I will let you all know.
    I hope you all have a great day

Hi all!

I have been keeping up (sort of) and reading, but tried to post twice last week and couldn't (with the whole earth hour website thing jamming this site apparently).

May only have a second, as Monkey due to wake any time.....

We are good - Monkey had another virus and ear infection, but all good now - she went to the doctor 3 times in 10 months (apart from imm.) last year and this year she's been 5 times in 6 weeks!!! Her GP said that after a few months at childcare all children should be sent to a desert island to recover from all the bugs they have been exposed to!!

And we have been way busy with house stuff, but at the 11th hour (like the day before we were about to list with an agent) my Mum (who recently retired) phoned and offered to loan us money from her super - enough to decrease our home loan to an amount we can afford the repayments of! Incredibly generous of her, but she wouldn't let me say no. So now we are still busy, but just trying to sort paperwork for refinancing etc.....

As we only really want to stay here for another 3 yrs anyway, it is perfect not having to rent for that time - then hopefully it'll be adios Sydney, hola somewhere.......

Monkey update:
    Teeth remain hidden!

She is walking a few steps - up to 8ish, but only to us and when we ask, not really spontaneously yet.

She does seem to be getting more words - I should write them down like you did Kirsten - but I don't think there'd be 32 yet!! Maybe 15-20. She now says "up" and "down" appropriately when she squats/restands at the kitchen gate - it's a very cute game! And she also tells you when she wants to play "round and round the garden" by putting her finger on her palm and singing "la la la"!

Sorry I don't have time for personals, but very glad you're back Kel!

Oh and thanks Tash for the list - very helpful.

And there she goes.... she now calls out either mama or dada for us to come get her!

Hello Everybody,

I'm over my dummy spat, although I realise none of you even cared. LOL. I'm just teasing, we all have our own issues & it's just that on here I can air them & feel better about it.

Mummy Bunny - Chocky went to bunny heaven today. She got very sick on Wednesday, has been hospitalised since, hasn't got any better despite all the medications under the sun, decided to bring her home today & see if she improved in her familiar surroundings but it was very bad. She took fits & was very distressing for myself & Jessica. Had to call the vet to come & collect her & take her to bunny heaven. I'm devastated, Jessica's devastated & now we are left with 5 bunnies to bottle feed. In amongst my dummy spit last week & this happening, I have stressed myself out to the point where I got covered in hives, my lips, hands & feet swelled. Used to happen to me a lot between the ages of 5 & 12 & we finally found Napisan, Chestnuts & stress set it off. I haven't had a case like this in years. So I have been to the Dr's, got some meds & of course I can't breastfeed while I'm taking them. By the time the round of meds finishes, I'll be having my wisdom teeth removed & because I"m going under a general, they don't want me feeding Claudia until 48 hours has passed after surgery. So I have had to wean her, she is mega jacked. We have all been crying, even my mum who stayed last night. Tonight was much better. I got the babies to bottle feed & Claudia drank a nuby cup of milk. Feeling better all around. I know you are reading or probably just glancing & thinking i'm a drama queen, & that is fine, but we don't walk in each other's shoes every day, so we don't know what each others lives entail.

KYM _ That is mint news about your mum! How generous is that! I"m sooooooo glad to hear! & I'm loving the plan to still escape the city! Good on you & WTG on Monkey's 8 steps! I wouldn't worry too much about the sickness, I have heard tonnes of people say that once their child starts daycare. Goes with the territory I think. Monkey will be super-immune in NO time!

LISA _ Totally loving the headbanging!!!!!! Your new Avatar threw me! Looks like LisaL's avatar sooooo much! I'm loving the big boys walking through the shops too & I bet her felt proud as punch doing it! He is sooooo clever & I'm loving his curls! Going to drive the girls wild in years to come!

SMYLIE _ So glad to hear that Jem is eating & I agree, it's great having you back! I missed you in here! How is the walking girl going? Oh & the hitting head is not cool, but totally within her development - I think! Claudia throws herself on floor or if she's in car & has a spit, she stiffens up to try & 'bust' out her seatbelt. Totally entertaining! NOT!

SAL _ Fantastic news with the weight gain as well as the speech therapist. So what's the overall consenus on the tongue snip? Yes or No? I'm so glad to hear he has cracked 9kg! Sounds like you're very chuffed & so you should be! So what happened on the house front? I hope exciting news!

SCORPIO _ WElcome & my goodness you're a busy lady! Jett sounds delightful! Do you know if this bundle is pink or blue? Tell us the wedding plans! I LOVE hearing about weddings! Yay for you guys! I think it's great! Are your two little men going to be wearing spunky suits?

RYN _ How is everything going for you in the UK honey? Is the weather warming up? Did Liebs burns end up healing without scarring? I sure hope so. How is the new nursery going? I love the peg thing BTW, he needs a peg! I know what page you're on there!

TASHIE _ Thanks for your e-mail honey, I had picked myself up but the passing of Chocky today sent me right back down. I'm letting these 5 little bundles of fur keep me going for now. Only making me stronger to think I AM going to succeed in this rabbit breeding game! How is Tobi? When does Nathan leave? Alan is home on Monday! YAY!

Ok, good night to all the little ones & their mummies! I have noticed nobody is complaning about sleep! Does this mean they are all being good babies?

Love Jayne xox

Hi everyone

You all sound pretty busy, and Jane, it must have been awful seeing the bunny so sick! I wanted to own a zoo when I was little (I loved animals sooo much), so I can imagine how devastated you all were.

Bella's cracking, so I can't stay long. She is doing soooo well right now. Daycare is tiring, but since she's started walking, she's seeing it in a whole new light. They have a little pretend kitchen there, and they tell me they can't get her away from it! She also walks EVERYWHERE! In fact, she rarely crawls now. Our house is quite long and she very easily walks from one end to the other!

We have two molars now too (Bri said "Bella's got a new tooth!" in the car the other day. I told her she was dreaming, but no, she was right. In fact, she had two new teeth!). So that's 6 teeth all up, with 2 eye teeth about to cut through. No wonder her poos have been so disgusting!

As for talking, she'll tell you every animal sound there is (with the extra special arm action for the elephant!), will say mum or dad, but that's about it! Whenever she sees a dog she says "woof woof!". Hmmm....

She also knows a lot of the moves for several Wiggles songs too. Very cute to watch her "doing the flap"!

I've sorta been MIA although I do read up when I get a chance - which is rarely these days!

Work is keeping me busy and is really an inconvenience more than anything! The business is doing well and I'm starting to get clients who want me to build them websites. Too bad I can't officially show you all my masterpieces on here! Oh well...! I might have to put something in my profile that will direct you to my business site where the testimonials will be, and therefore links to my masterpieces!

Speaking of the business, I have to go and finish what I started last night!

Take care!

Jayne - Lol... there has been a mix up and that IS LisaL's avatar!!! lol
    I am a Lisa L also, so when I emailed my new avatar to Kathryn, I forgot to include my username, so she must have thought it was from LisaL... because I noticed that LisaL had my avatar and I still had my original... now I have LisaL's one and she has none.
    It's confusing!!! Lol... I am sure it will be sorted out soon.

Isn't it funny how we put faces to the posts by looking at the avatars?

i looked at it and thought you had had makeover and was going to see if pics on harrisons site
    too funny
    i'll write more later

Ok, so now you all have me insanely worried about Tobi and the amount of words that he is saying. It is fantastic how vocal and cleaver all your babies are. Tobi is still only saying a couple of words and some of the ones that he was saying, like Duck, he isn't anymore. I know that he understands us most of the time though. What are you all doing to teach them their words? Is anyone using flash cards?

We have a friend that has an autistic boy, so we are clued up on the signs and one of the first signs is lack of speech development and these days it is so common. I know that we are probably just being silly, but I am sure you are all worried at some stage about your bub's development and worried that something might be or go wrong. It scares the **** out of us. Not that we wouldn't handle it, cause of course we love him no matter what. Another thing is not responding to their name, which is doesn't do half the time either. Mind you he is a boy and I do believe he has selective hearing!!

DH left last night. One sleep down only about another 140 to go! I was telling him yesterday that he is going to miss 500 nappies. 420 times cleaning the high chair...etc. etc. Not that he does much when he is home anyway. The good byes weren?t too bad. It is sad to say that I think we are just used to it all now. Tobi just waved him off, not interested in giving him cuddles or kisses.

Tobi is still sick. Just with a runny nose and the cough is back. We took him to the doc yesterday and his ears have cleared up and the cold is just a cold, so that is good. We thought about it and he has been sick since I stopped breast feeding.

Meanwhile, do you remember me telling you about my BIL a month or so ago and his annoying girlfriend. Well they broke up when they got back to QLD, maybe for a day or two, but they are back together and now she is PREGNANT! I want to be happy for him, but I am so worried for them. She is so young, not just in age, but maturity.

Michelle - So glad to hear that everything is going really well with work and with your girls. Tobi's poos are disgusting too. I think that we feed him too much protein. They are so stinky they make you gag.

Jayne - Poor Bunnies to lose their Mum. How long do you have to bottle feed them for before they go to their new owners? Good on you for going out and spending money and getting everything organised. Spending money, especially on our home, always makes me feel better when DH is away. I am feeling for you hon and hang in there. Kids are hard work, especially when you are on your own, but they are so cute and give us so much goodness back too. And I am sure that Claudia knows you still love her even though she can?t have boobie. It is going to feel fantastic once you are all better and have your body back. I haven?t looked back since I weaned Tobi. PS. I don?t think you are a drama queen at all. I think you are fantastic to do everything you do.

Kym - That is fantastic that your Mum is going to lend you the money. That is going to save so much time and effort, especially when you know you are going to only have to pack up and move again in a few years time. A friend of ours was looking for a place recently, min 3 bedroom, and they had so much trouble finding a decent place and are now paying double what we pay on our mortgage (Brisbane home), so staying put might be a blessing in disguise. And way to go Monkey on the walking. Can't wait to see her in action on Thursday. She'll have to teach Tobi all her tricks.

Lisa - Sounds like Harrison is a real cutie and soon to be a big star. Have you thought about putting him in baby modelling? I can picture him on the set of wiggles or on an add for banana boat! Don't worry about taking your time going to get Harrison?s 12month check done. I still haven?t got Tobi checked yet. Must do that this week, although I haven't even booked yet. But I do know that he has the same weight, height and head circumference as Harrison. Tobi just needs some hair and they could be twins!!

Sally - I hope that Brendan doesn't hurt himself banging his head. But it may be a good thing that he is doing it just for fun. It will help him build his pain threshold so that when he does fall, he might be able to pick himself up and keep going without crying. What types of things did the speechie say to try?

Kel - Yay for Jemima eating. Tobi is eating really well at the moment too. I am starting to hope that he has a growth spurt soon as he is getting on the chubby bubby side. Oh well, who needs to walk when you can roll!! Don?t worry about your SIL and the asthma thing. Sounds like she always wants to put her two cents in. You are a great Mum and go with your gut instincts.

Scorpiomum - Congrates on the pregnancy. Tell us more about Jett.

Kristen - Wow, 32 words. That is incredible. He is going to be so smart, or should I say he is so smart. Like I was asking before, what are you all doing to teach him his words? Are you using flash cards? And well done on the running. It makes you feel so good when you are fit and makes you wonder why you went so long not working out hey? I feel so good after a walk, but I still struggle with the motivation to go.

Lil - How are you feeling this week sweetie? How was your son's birthday? Did he like the bird?

Ok now that is seriously enough from me today. Love and kisses to all. xxx

As usual, not much time to respond.

Poor little baby bunnies! Jayne, good work on all of your mothering!!

Tashie: We're not doing anything like flash cards, I was apparently an early talker, Quinn surprises me everyday with new words, his 2 latest words are rubbish and circle. I am always shocked when he comes out with new ones - haven't written them down in a week or s but I think there would easily be 10 more words. I just talk to him all day and point out the names of everything and we read a lot of books, Quinn loves books. I think they all just do their own things in their own time. Quinn doesn't walk nearly as much as others his age, the most he has done is about 12 steps in one go, but once he's down on his knees, he crawls again...I honestly wouldn't be worrying about Tobi, Quinn also seems to have forgotten words he used to know.

Anyway, I've been very sick with gastro this week, how disgusting it is, feeling lots better now but still weak and tired...

Quinn has just woken up so gotta go - hi and hugs to everyone else!

Tashie, Bri was talking at 9 months, but Bella hardly says anything and she's 14 months. Kids are just different.

If Bella gets to 4 or 5 and is still only making animal noises, I'll start to worry!

Forgot to tell you all what she does. She has a newborn cabbage patch doll her grandmother gave her. She puts it in the toy pram and pushes it around. Then she gets the doll out, gives her a kiss and a cuddle and puts her back in, then pushes her around again.

Can't believe the maternal instinct is there already!! Sooo cute!

Tash - We have thought about putting him into baby modelling, but he does get very shy around strangers... my brother and sil come over once a week for dinner, and we sometimes see them a few times through the week... Harrison knows who they are, and if my brother tries to pick him up, Harrison will get teary. Some days he is ok, others no one but us can pick him up. So, I think it would be better to wait a while until he is past this phase. Don't feel bad that Tobi isn't saying as much as some of the other bubba's... my eldest son didn't say a thing until he was 18 months old... then he came out with sentences. Every bubba is different... and I have heard that boys usually talk later than girls.

Jayne - I am so sorry to hear about Chocky... how upsetting for you all. I had rabbits when I was younger and I loved them to bits... How is Jessica taking it? It must be difficult for her as she is kinda at that age where she will notice that Chocky isn't there. Please vent away all you want and know that I am not judging you... and I am sure there are no others in here who will judge you... we all have our moments hun, it is especially difficult when you're on your own. My DH has been working 12hr days, 7 days a week... so I am starting to feel like a single mum at times too... only my husband does come home at night, but he usually showers, eats and sleeps. I hope you're feeling a bit better soon hun... thinking of you

Michelle - Bella sounds adorable!!! She's be so cute wandering around with a little pram and hanging out at the Daycare Kitchen!!! lol

Hi Kel & Jemima and Kirsten & Quinn

Me - Well, not much has been going on here... DH has been working loads so I am feeling a little out of touch with him atm... thankfully he has tomorrow off, and from tomorrow onwards his hours should be down to about 10hr days.
    We're leaving this afternoon to visit my family... so that will be nice.
    I took the kids to the movies last night to see Drillbit Taylor... Harrison usually falls asleep at the movies and stays asleep... but last night he woke up and wanted to sit on my lap and watch... there was only us and 2 others in the cinema... and there was a funny past on the movie, and Harrison started to crack up laughing and clap his hands... he turned to me, laughed and pointed at the screen... it was the funniest moment.
    Oh, I forgot to tell you all that Harrison is the kissiest bubba... he loves to give kisses... big wet, sloppy, open mouthed kisses. He will give them to me, then he will turn to DH and give them to him... then look for anyone else who wants a kiss... when my sister was here, she even got one... and he is usually shy with my sister so she was excited to get a kiss.
    It has been so cold here over the last few nights... so on Thursday night, DH and I bought Harrison a pair of slippers... every pair of shoes we buy him are his "Woo Hoo Shoes" so these became another pair of woo hoo's... and he laughed at them when he first walked in them... he kept walking with his head down, checking out his slippers. There is nothing special about them, they're plain red slippers but he loves them.

Urgh... I feel like a fraud with LisaL's avatar!!

Lisa - I hope you enjoy your time with your family. Tobi is a really kissie bub too. It is usually really sweet, but he has had a snotty nose now for about a month and the snot kisses aren't so sweet. He loves blowing raspberries too, so if I ever have any bear skin, I have to watch out. He has even pulled my shirt towards him so my cleavage is close enough to blow a raspberry when I am pushing him around in the trolley at the shops. Cute, but not something to do in public!

Kirsten - I hope you are feeling better now. Gastro sucks, unless you are keen to lose a few extra kg, then it rocks!

Me - I started my diet again. I am doing the Tony Ferguson shake diet. Fingers crossed.

Tobi - The sweet thing crawled over to me yesterday and threw up all over my feet. Luckily I was in the kitchen and not wearing my slippers. Then we were at the bank talking to the financial planner and Tobi turned his computer off at the wall. The guy was not impressed at all. I will have to thank DH for teaching him that trick.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast