Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #11

Hi Kristy
    Wow... those 15 weeks have flown!!! Good to hear you're getting lots of sleep. Harrison still has 2 naps a day... I have found when he doesn't have his 2pm nap, he seems to want to stay up all night and play!! Either that or he is such a grump... I'm not planning to give him 1 nap per day any time soon.
    As for TTC, DH and I are looking to start TTC in March next year... so maybe you'll have to look to one of the other girls for a preg buddy lol

hey hey
    we have been TTC since jemima was born basically... we waited the 4-6 wks..... hmmmm.... so yeah i would love to be your belly buddy but not looking promising until maybe jemima weans herself, my body just isnt doing it...
    nurse said that when a new baby is coming YES try and get older bub into own bed before so that baby doesnt think new bub stole her bed
    yep i am still working at the opshop every 2nd saturday.
    tomorrow i have a interview to re-register as a office temp. awesome money and i can pick and choose when i work
    will start work on may the 12th, that gives agency plenty of time to line something up
    we go to new zealand on april 19th for a couple of weeks so when we get home i have one week home with benji and in that week we will try and get jem 'settled' at the daycare place but she loves that kind of thing the only difference will be it will be ALL day and kidzclub is no more than 2 hours and when she stays with my friend it is only 10 until 4 (but 8.30 til 9.40am at kidzclub before that)
    i will miss her heaps but i will not work forever, i will work a contract then most likely take a break and then get another one

am organising highschool reunion and have some text messages to send to people i only have numbers for not email or address yet so better go do that.
    had massive day today looking after my friends one year old.... we went for a walk that only takes me 5 mins but with 2 one years olds it took ALOT longer i dont have a double pram so i just walked holding both their hands and then we came back for lunch and the other one (gem) is teething so she wasnt eating and so funny my jem ate twice as much then i remember gem likes sultanas so let her eat sultanas all the way to another of my friends houses where they had a quick playdate with a 17 i think month old then they fell asleep in the car on the way home, which is good coz Gem didnt go to sleep as easily as usual in the morning and almost woke Jem which is really annoying.....
    tomorrow it is 12months for mothers group so we are going out to lunch followed by my interview
    wednesday swimming lessons, pub lunch and then appointment at salon that has child minding
    thursday MY DAY OFF i plan to get stuff for holiday...and pack and stuff after the gym
    friday a friend with a 4 month old coming to visit after i go to the gym
    then saturday i fly away!!!!!!

just realised this post all about me........... whoooops

so how is everyone?

Kristy - I want to be pregnant now too, but alas I am not getting laid. At least my AF is back, so when DH gets home we can start trying. It took us 9months for Tobi, but I am really hoping that we'll be up the duff by Christmas. Fingers Crossed.

No TTC for us yet, prob start trying at end of year.

thanks for thoughts on the pillow - not only does Monkey love it, but we have massive news..... She can put herself to sleep!!!!

last fri, DH just decided to try to put her down when she was calm but not falling asleep in his arms and to our surprise she just rolled over, snuggled into pillow, cuddled te-da (teddy) and closed her eyes!!!! She has now done this for 5 nights in a row - we still sit in her room initially and give her a cuddle for a couple of min until she stops wriggling, but a couple of min vs up to 40 min is amazing - its changed our world!!!!

Even more jaw dropping is that she also did this for MIL while she babysat her on Sat night while we were at a wedding!!!!

Monkey is also walking properly now!

Been a big week all round really! (bit of a selfish post.... sorry)

Kym I am so happy for you. Congratulations and Well Done Monkey

Yay Monkey!! Isn't it amazing the things our bubba's can learn to do in the space of a week?

kymmmmy i know EXACTLY how you feel!!!!!!! you wonder how long she might have been able to do it by herself for.... but dont care coz you are just so relieved that you did it without doing the leave your baby scream thing!!! i still cant believe how good jemima is.... no patting no nothing just sleepy time here is carebear turn around walk out room, baby asleep it is amazing
    and WOOOHOOOO on the walking, i wish i knew what monkey looked like so i could imagine it... they are so cute walking, jemima looks like a mummy coz she always has her hands in the air, but she has had her hands inthe air since she was born, there is a two second clip of jemima walking on her youtube site (the link is on the site that is on the link on my signature)

our babies rock

ps- i go "back to work" on may 12!!!
    pps - benji, jemima and me go on an aeroplane on April 19!!!

Wow Kel... how exciting for you, going on a holiday to NZ... Are you nervous about Jem on the plane? Harrison is a good traveller in the car, he mostly just sleeps, but I wonder how he'd be on a plane. I hope you all have a fantastic holiday.
    Are yoy excited about going back to work? I would be!!! I consider it all the time, but there is a huge part of me that just can't leave Harrison... I don't know if it is because of losing Noah, but I am sooooooooooooo much more paranoid about Harrison than I was about James and Madeleine... and I was paranoid enough with them!!! I haven't left Harrison with anyone for more than 3 hrs... and that was once, with my sister, for a concert... and he was not real happy about it... the 2nd longest time I have left him was for 15 mins and that was with my Mum and my sister together.

I'm glad I'm not the only one still finding it hard to leave Monkey! Wow Lisa, that is incredible! But good on you for doing what feels right for you and Harrison.

I'm cool with day care now, and after last sat night's wedding success with MIL, am starting to feel more confident with her too..... but I still find night outings the hardest.

Have fun on holiday to NZ, Kel! I'm sure Jemima will be fine on the plane, she'll probably just wander up and down the aisle making friends!!! Monkey has always been pretty good on planes - even when we did the 3hr flight to and from Cairns, she wasn't too bad, just had a little time on each flight where she was bored/tired etc.... But that was also before she could get around on her own, so she was frustrated on our laps the whole time....

Just have to tell you all something funny.... Monkey is now starting to say "no" (by shaking head, not the word) appropriately to questions I ask her, like "have you done a poo?" She'll shake "no" if she hasn't and just look at me or point to her nappy if she has - how cool!

But the funniest one is when I ask her if she's got any teeth coming!! Occasionally I stick my finger in to check, but she just shakes her head when I ask her "any teeth today darlin'?" Very funny!!! Her expectations of her getting teeth are obviously as low as mine are now......

Very very quick post - we've all been ill so I've been cleaning up projectivle vomit from both my boys. Am having a brain scan next Wednesday to check I don't have a tumour (I don't, but we haveto eliminate it) so please pray that all goes OK. Liebs is being looked after by PiL for that so I hope he will be OK.

In reply to other posts, Liebs has a pillow. Some nights he sleeps on his tum, others on his back or left side with his head on the pillow. If he rolls over he wriggles so he is on tum with no pillow. He's had one for months. But then I am the world's most dangerous mother! I've starting to give him sulphur tablets tomorrow from the homeopath to try to sort his sleeping. They can't hurt.

Liebs can also crawl now, and stand up from the floor (sat down or on tum) without pulling himself up, so I'm quite impressed. And he quacks every time he sees a duck and loves it if they quack back, you can't shut him upfromtelling everyone that "duck say quack" all afternoon after that.

Sorry girls, no TTC for a good 4-5 years for me! Maybe sooner but don't hold your breath, it's up to DH. I don't want to try for at least two anda half to three years, so that's cool.

Have a great holiday, Kel! And love to everyone, I'll try to keep up in the future but probably won't be typing again until after the scan.

brain scan mega scary ryn.......... thinking of you and good luck, gosh it is confusing listening to you talk about puberts walking and standing and crawling sounds like he is doing the same as the other bubs but in a different order like he really did walk before he crawlled, i have heard of that

i am hoping jemima has a sleep on the plane, it will be 10am so she will be tired so fingers cross there....... almost didnt get to go coz all day yesterday was spent looking for the passports, i almost thought my 14month old had put them somewhere but it turned out it was my 27 year old heheheehe

kymmy and lisa i am not really ok leaving jemima with other people, but that is a me thing totally not a her thing SHE LOVES other people she LOVES other kids she LOVES to play so she will cope better than me by far, she will love love love it, i have a backpack she got from MIL so i am going to make that one a big deal daycare backpack i think, it is a bit hardcore going from a couple of hours at kidzclub to ALL DAY at daycare but we will both be fine..... benji will drop her off and i will pick her up and in the meantime earn a gazillion dollars temping and be able to take weeks of "holidays" in between jobs if I want if not there is heaps of work and i may as well, i guess will keep my mind off TTC and food so by the time i do get pregnant my body will be ready

jemima just gone done for afternoon nap and i have not started to pack so bring it on hehehe

question - all you girls with mega strict nap routines what are your plans for dropping a nap time?? daycare is going to get jemima into their routine which is a 11.30ishnap after lunch?

Hi everyone. Selfish post yet again today - phew I've been busy!

Bella has pretty much dropped her pm sleep which is wierd. I expected her to drop the morning one. Oh well. I just let her tell me when she's tired and we go with that. She doesn't use a pillow but sleeps on top of teddy. Poor teddy!

She has had the best week at daycare this week. She didn't cry at all when I dropped her off, which is a relief! I think she's finally used to me "dumping" her!

She moves to a new daycare the week after next. My current daycare can only do 3 days and I need 4, so my sister's son goes to a daycare that were able to offer 4. The good thing too is that Bella will know somebody! They go to my Mum's every Monday and have a fantastic time together, so I hope he'll look after her in the playground! (He's 3).

We now have 7 teeth - finally! She walks everywhere - even into daycare. I'm not allowed to hold her hand either.

Gotta go - we're dancing to the Wiggles and I have a "date" with an old girlfriend who is visiting from far far away who I haven't really seen since my wedding!

Hello,
    BBL for personals, I have been lurking, just no time for posting. Just wanted to check with RYN when her scan is?

Hi Girls,
    Well we?re up in QLD on hols. I now remember why I go back home so exhausted. No one?s houses that we stay at are baby proof, so I constantly have to watch Tobi and making sure he isn?t getting into everything. And it has only been 3 nights and I?m here for a month!!
    Tobi has been on a plane probably about 15 times. Sounds like we do a lot of travelling, but it is mainly just to the grandparents place and back. He goes really well on the plane and hasn?t had any major problems with his ears. Plays peekaboo with the people behind us and I try and prevent him from pulling the hair on the people in front. But most of the time I try and time the flights with a sleep. As soon as he turns 2 though, I wont be travelling so much once I have to pay for him too.
    Michelle ? Glad to hear the Bella is settling into Childcare. Enjoy your time with your friend.
    Kel ? Enjoy your holiday. If we get a chance I?d love to catch up when you get back. I am pretty strict with Tobi?s sleep and have no plans with dropping a sleep. I will still have him sleeping two naps right up to preschool if I can. I quite often will wake him up if he is sleeping too late and will affect the time he goes to bed at night.
    Ryn- Best of luck with the scan darl. We?re all thinking of you.
    Kym ? That is so cute about Monkey. She is such a cutie.
    Lisa ? I can totally understand where you are coming from with not wanting to leave Harrison. Don?t feel bad about it. I don?t have the opportunity to leave Tobi very often, but I do enjoy the time off when I can.
    Hope you are all well and happy
    Take Care
    Tash

TASHIE _ Wow, it's great that you are flying so often to visit grandparents, I bet they love it though as well! Staying for a month sounds really good though, because just think, when you get back, it's another month ticked off the calendar for when Nathan gets home! I bet Tobi is loving all the attention! LOL @ getting into everything, it's true that now is when the fun starts!

KRISTY _ No way you can be 15 weeks already! That's insane! We moved Jessica out of the nursery & into a big girls room in the December & Claudia was born in the February (of course) & we did that so she didn't think she was kicked out of her cot so the baby could sleep in it. We are all coming down with colds atm, so as soon as that disappears we must do that playdate! I'm dying to see your pg belly & give Miss Erin a big huggle!

RYN _ Ok, I have re-read & your scan is on Wednesday. What is making them check for a brain tumour? Because of the migraines you have been getting? I hope it comes back all clear for you honey. I'll be thinking of you. I'm sure Liebs will be fine!

IMPATIENT _ I was thinking of you today, because we have a bunny named Bella & Claudia has been calling out for 'Bella' all day & it made me think of you guys. How clever is Bella now! That's wonderful that she is all settled in at day care, I hope the move doesn't throw her confidence, but I'm sure she'll be a super-star. That is odd that the morning sleep stayed while the arvo one got the flick, I wonder if she'll swap them around in time to come? What are your girls like with Bella? What's the age gap? They must be like 'Mini Mummies' to her!

KEL _ WOW, so much has happened with you since I have been out of action! Going back temping is GREAT stuff. Are you still going to keep the routine of putting Jem into daycare when you're not temping? Are they ok with you doing that? How many days per week will she be going? I'm sorry, I had to LMAO about working will take your mind off food, so very YOU! LOL. How is the little princess going? She is going to love daycare & you're going to love having all the adult conversations!

LISA _ I too would love to go back to work, but I serioulsy can't. We don't 'need' me too & I just couldn't do it to the kids. I do plan on going back to study when Claudia goes off to Kindy. I'm going to become a midwife & I'll start the study when the kids are at school so it's mimimal disruption to them. MIL says by then she'll be ready to finish up working & the days where I might be at uni she can collect them from school. I'd dearly love to go back to work one day per week, but it's mad to pay for 2 kids to go into daycare just for one day's wage. I have heard from my friends in Parenting after M/C Loss how hard it is for them to let other people do things with their babies after a loss, i think it's completely normal & understandable!

ME _ I'm getting back on track from having my wisdom teeth out, weaning Claudia & recovering from the hives. I lost 5kg the week I had my teeth out & tomorrow is the day that I weigh myself, so I hope I haven't put too much of that weight back on! Claudia is going fantastic. I don't know if I mentioned before, but she has been brewing a cold for like 6 weeks now. Some days she coughs, some days her nose runs green & some days she's perfect. The last 2 days she's had a runny nose & the cough & I have noticed today that her lips are all chapped & she is wheezing, so I'm really thinking she is asthmatic like I am. If the cold blows up I will take her to the Dr but I haven't bothered so far because I know they will tell me just to let it run it's course. She is learning so much atm. She comes to me & sticks out her foot & points at her toes & says 'do dis' & wants me to do 'This Little Piggy'. Jessica is learning to do handstands & as soon as she hears the word 'handstand' she runs to the mat in the loungeroom, puts her hands down on the ground like the yoga 'down dog' & sticks one leg up in the air until she falls over! She does 'round & round the garden' on her hand. She opens & shuts her hands for the 'open shut them' song, she does twinkly fingers & can make the star for twinkle twinkle. She tries so hard to put her own shoes on & she is nearly there at stepping into her pants/jeans/pj's etc... She was soooooooo into Alan when he was home, it was wonderful to see. I went out on a shopping spree & Alan had the kids for the whole day & he said that she was just perfect for him. As usual though, with Alan being home the sleeping has gone to pot. Too much excitement, too many outings & it buggers up her sleeping. Also Jessica's. Jess kept on getting up during the night to check that Alan was still there but the night he left she went back to staying in her own bed! Weird! Claudia went back to the half hour day sleeps, but today was an hour, so that was an improvement. Ok, I have rambled, I'm going downstairs to bed!

Good night!

Another quick one from me... I will do personals when I have more time.

Jayne - Funny you should mention that because I am looking to enroll in Uni next year to do nursing/midwifery. I just feel like after everything I have been through, this is my calling. DH and I have discussed it at length, and we both agree that it will be the ideal thing for me to do, and that way, I can stay home with Harry for a few more years

Kel - I hope you're having a blast! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures.

Ryn - Thinking of you and sending you loads of well wishes... I am sure everything will be fine.

Hi and hugs to everyone else

Me - I started my diet again on Friday... it has taken this long for them to give me my program!!! Anyway... 3 days later and I've already lost 5kgs. I am feeling pretty happy about that! I am still detox-ing though, so my skin is looking terrible and I am feeling tired, but still feeling at least 80% better than I did before the diet.
    Harry has developed a new sandwich favourite... Tuna and avocado... he loves it. Yesterday he scoffed down some Cauliflower and Fetta soup I made... then decided he didn't want dinner.. perhaps another tooth is on it's way? Because he seems to be wanting softer type things to eat.
    Well, I'm off to grab some things from the shops... I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day

LISA _ Yep, it's something I am dying to do. I never wanted to touch nursing with a long stick until I had Jessica. No offence to those who are nurses or anything, but I just was not the type. My mum was in hospy a lot when I was a child (back operations) & I'd walk into her room & promptly collapse onto her bed. I just can't stand seeing people sick or with tubes in them. But when I had Jessica I was totally in awe of the midwifes & I decided then that it was something I wanted to do. Alan thinks it's a bad choice because I'm such a softie. I made the vet do a house call to pick up Chocky the bunny because she was so sick I couldn't pick her up myself because I was too distraught, but I really think I can pull myself together for the midwifery course. Apparently there is a new course where I can just study straight midwifery as previously you had to do nursing before-hand. Of course I will figure it all out when the time comes nearer.

WTG with the diet honey! That is great news. Can I ask how much you have to lose because 5kg in ONE week is just brilliant!!!! I was proud that this morning, of the 5kg I lost over having my teeth done I have only put on 0.5kg, I think that's a great effort! I have also been going out riding every morning on my bike with Claudia in the caravan & Jessica rides her big girls bike. We were riding for an hour today, so that's my exercise contribution!

Oh yeah, Harry has brilliant taste with tuna & avocado! That is YUMMY!!! Even better with a slice of cheese & some tomato & cucumber! Delicious!!! Weird he didn't want dinner because Claudia did exactly that the other night too, wouldn't eat a thing!

ME _ Massive WOO HOO for me. Claudia slept last night from 7:30pm - 7:45am!!!!!!!!!! I was sooooooooo rapt cos I really needed some solid sleep!

Jayne - I considered doing the midwifery only... but as I will be entering as a mature aged student, with no HSC behind me, apparently I will need to show what I have been doing since leaving school. and what relevance it has to me studying midwifery. So, as much as I don't want to do the nursing side, it will be easier for me to get in to... and I can see that it could open up a few more opportunities for me.
    As for the weight I have to lose... lets just say it is HEAPS!! 5kgs is a great amount to lose... but my plan has shown for me to have used up my excess fat deposits, and to restore my metabolism, I need to get down to 57kgs... which seems forever away... but I will get there, and be getting healthier at the same time. The funny thing with Cohens is that you're not allowed to exercise if you haven't previously been exercising... so it is strange for me to do my regular thing and still lose weight.
    That's awesome that you go out riding everyday!!! The girls must love it. I can't wait for summer to be able to take my kids riding along the lake here... they will love it... we wanna get a caravan thingy for Harrison too... they look like fun

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast