Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #7

Well...Tobi isn't eating again. What is with this boy. I don't know what it is and it is confusing the hell out of me. I don't know whether something that I am giving him he has had a reaction to and has given him a sore tummy or doesn't like something I have given him and that has turned him off trying other things. Is he getting freaked out and turned off because of the lumps? He could be teething or he is just down right fussy.

I know I have to get Munchkin eating first, but how do you guys prepare meat for your little ones? When they still ated mashed foods.

When your bub's were teething and their cheeks went red, was it a rashie looking red or just a rosey red. Tobi has this red rash looking cheek at the moment. But no rash any where else.

Kym- That is fantastic about Monkey waving and saying Bye Bye. She is so cleaver. We are just starting to get Tobi to wave but he waves to himself half the time and when he does wave to you, he gets a bit unsure half way through and sticks his hand in his mouth as if to say, that is what I was going to do all along.

Lisa- How is the job hunting going? A government job will be great if you can get back in. I understand how hard it is trying to organise job interviews around kids and travelling to Newcastle. I hope you find something soon. How is Harrison now? Back to solid poos yet? Happy Anniversary too. I hope you had a good night out.

Kel- Congrates on Jemima crawling and sitting. How is she going? Getting the speed up now? And how is her poor little bottom? I hope it isn't upsetting her too much. I can't believe you get out and about so much. As much as I hate being stuck at home with bub all day. I really look forward to my days where I have nothing planned so I can catch up on washing, cleaning and more importantly...my TV shows. We tape everything and then watch it later.

Christie- I wear breast pads to bed most nights and the nights that I dont seem to be the nights that I have the most leakage. I don't wear them during the day much now as I don't leak much then. Though it always seems to be the one day that I do leak during the day, is the day that I am out and about with my wet spots for the world to see. Why don't you eat egg and onion? Should I not be eating these too. I eat everything, except limit the caffine and alcohol when I know I am going to be feeding in the next few hours. How did your personal training session go?

Catherine - I am glad to hear that El has started eating lumpy food. I hope she keeps it up (or down). And don't get too stressed out on how much you are spending. You would die to know our costs per day on one income. Life is too short to worry about money. Just enjoy yourselves.

Michelle - Yay!!! Way to go Isabella, crawling and teeth. Well done sweet pea.

Little Squirts!!!! - I am picturing you guys talking about a bath toy that squirts water, is that what you mean? Cause I am sure they don't cost $80!!

Hi everyone

This is gonna be a bit of a "me" post because I slept awkward last night and my arm is killing me!!! I can hardly move it.

Tashie - I am still looking for work... still no word on anything I have applied for. I am sure it will be easier once we are there... Thanks for the anniversary congrats, we had a great time

Catherine - I would loooooooove to only have to spend $75 per day!!! lol. I am not even going to think about how much our expenses are here... on average, we spend around $200 per week just on shopping... its insane how much fruit, vegies and meat a 13yr old boy eats!!! lol

Kel - I hope Jem feels better soon... the poor darling, that must have been terrible for her

Michelle - Yay for Bella crawling and getting teeth... Harry is still the little gummy bear!!! I think that mother nature is going to overlook his teeth because he gets by so well without them.

Hi to anyone I have missed... I am sorry, but I promise I will catch up with you soon

Us- Harrison is over his diahorreah... thankfully. It was horrid... not so much for him, he found it funny... every time he had wind from his behind, he would look behind him and laugh! He is most definitely his Daddy's boy! It was horrid for DH and I as we were the ones that had to change them. I have excluded the Gels from his menu... he was having one, once a day as his treat/dessert and since I have stopped them, the diahorreah has settled down. He still eats pretty much everything we eat... tonight he had chicken parmigiana with salad and he loved it... he really loves cucumber and tomatoes.
    Ouch... my stupid arm is really hurting now... so I think that is enough typing for me... I'm off to find the tiger balm

ChristieN Guest

Catherine - Oh, sorry, musta read it wrong I don't know if I want to figure out our daily expenditure :P As you say, its proly as scary as yours.

Michelle - Tell Bella I said congratulations

My DS is sick He's had a high, but not too high, temperature since yesterday and he's not motivated to do anything. I had him on my lap watching the news this morning because he wasn't interested in playing. He NEVER just lays on me like that I love it but I don't love the reason for it. Poor thing.

baby on lap so one handed quickie.........

little squirt= high power hose you attach to toilet pipe to get poo off cloth nappies

tashie - going out all the makes for a crappy 'domestic goddess' but lately and STILL with no kithchen i have stopped caring!!! i am lucky benji doesnt mind doing housework etc!! jemima is funny with food sometimes too, sometimes she will lap it up and sometimes wont have a bar of it.... i have found it could be in the timing??? and sometimes what i am feeding her the things with big chunks of pasta in it come straight out again oh and have to keep it hot..... if it cools down coz she is stuffing around she stops eating it

christie - i know exactly what u mean about sick cuddles, jem NEVER lets me cradle her but with one of her recent illness fell asleep in my arms like a newborn......so i knew she was real crook

i dont know if jem's bum is getting better or not still got a week or so til we go back

yesterday i was home all day with worst both ends sickness i have EVER had, hubby had 2 stay home to look after jem..... so no bella visit or mothers group (which sucked coz the wet weather alternative to park was the house ACCROSS THE ROAD so i could even hear babies crying!).... all better now though so swimming lessons and pub lunch here we come!
    Last edited by smylie; November 7th, 2007 at 09:34 AM.

mummycate Guest

Last night was our second anniversary, and we went to Sydney Tower buffet. It was very nice. But I freaked when I found out the cost, but Terry said not to worry.

El has had a bit of a rough day, not much naps and not finishing her lunch and now its dinner, going to try again.

I have a headache. Gotta go...

Questions....
    1. Those that are feeding solids and formula, how many mls do you give them a day?
    2. Bottle babies, do you follow the guideline of throwing out the tin after four weeks?

mummycate Guest

I follow the tin sort of, I try it yet follow what Elouise wants. Atm, she has 250ml in the morning, food, 250ml at lunch, food, 250ml in the early evening and food. Sometimes she wants more in the morning, so I give her 100ml extra. I keep trying to get her to finish a bottle. Sometimes let her play and then give it to her again. She doesn't always want her food either. Yoghurt, and fruit she'll pretty much always eat. Yes I did throw out a tin when we changed brands, I couldn't give it to a friend as I couldn't remember when I opened it. I think its better to err on the side of caution.

Hi lovelies,
    Sorry been MIA, a friend of mine's husband died last Friday. It's been awful, she has a little boy the same age as Quinn. Terrible terrible terrible thing!

Does anyone else have a very clingy baby at the momene, I think we are having separation anxiety issues, I have had lots of family staying and Quinn has been clinging on to me like a barnacle.

hey kirsten
    sorry to hear about your friends hubby... that is so sad, was it sudden?
    yes to clingy baby BUT dont let them fool you, jemima screams when i leave but stops once i'm gone! as long as there is something there to distract her afterwards like a toy she soon stops crying...

Hi Kirsten, That is traggic. I am so sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking what happened? How is your friend? I wish I could do something....
    Tobi is very clingy and cuddlely. They say it starts at about 9 months (when they only want their Mum!). I haven't been able to get anything done all week.

She is understandably very distraught. I'm not sure of all of the details of his death but it was sudden and it was an accident. He was away on business and police discovered his body on Friday. I had met him about 6 or 7 times and he was such a lovely man! They were a lovely couple too.

Quinn is fine once I;m gone, but it's when he knows I'm there, he wants to be attached to me, it's gorgeous but can't get anything done at all!

mummycate Guest

Ellie doesn't even notice me leave, unless she is hungry or tired.

My condolences to his widow and child.

I'm in a sad mood atm. Terry doesn't want to get married. He hasn't given me a proper answer either. It hurts. We've just had our second anniversary on tuesday and we have a daughter. Why doesn't he want to marry me?

Hey Catherine
    Men are strange creatures sometimes. Has he given you any indication as to why he doesn't want to marry you?

Kirsten, that's a really sad story of your friend's hubby. I can only try to imagine what she's going through, but then I don't think I'd be anywhere near close.

Bella's not been too bad re clingy. She even watches me walk out the creche door at the gym without crying these days! I think it's the xylaophone (sp?) that I sit her in front of - she loves it!

cate - marriage means differernt things to everyone.... perhaps to terry it doesnt maen the same as it does to you..... dont think of it as he doesnt want to marry YOU think that he just doesnt want to get married yet, maybe he wants to buy a house first or something like that, you are both pretty young and have already done so much in only 2 years! dont ruin things by stressing about marriage and enjoy life together as parents

mummycate Guest

Sometimes I get into an emotional spin. Today its not been on my mind much. I think I'll leave the topic for a while and we'll discuss it at a later date. No point wrecking a good relationship with resentment and arguing (not that I do much of either) lol.

Oh Kirsten... your poor friend!!! My thoughts are most definitely with her and their bubba :hugs:

Another quick one from me today;
    Harrison has been really clingy also... only more for his Daddy... when Rob leaves the room, Harrison freaks out and turbo crawls the length of the house after him. I have never been game enough to leave him... even when I shower and he is asleep, I swear I can hear him crying out to me, even though he is fast asleep when I check on him

Catherine - I agree that Terry's idea of marriage is probably different to yours... perhaps you should write him a letter and explain why you believe in marriage and why you would like to marry him... my ex never thought of marriage as important... though it was to me... after 10 years together and 2 children, we had only made it to getting engaged and I am glad we never married TBH... though we were as good as married.

Grrrr.... I have bad belly pains... I best be off... I hope everyone has a lovely weekend

Hello, How is everyone?

I've been a little reluctant to come in here, but anyway here i am. Brendan was born on 25/2/2007 at 30weeks gestation (I've popsted his birth story, in birth stories, for those interested). I just wanted to get an idea of where your bubs are in the way of milestones??

Brendan isn't crawling and has no intention of learning, he can't sit up at all without me holding him, he has just started teething (2 bottom ones coming through!!) and has only just gotten interested in toys. Everything he can pick up goes in his mouth. He can roll from stomach to back. He hasn't spoken any "words", just lots of babble. He weighs just over 7kg and is 65cms long.

He's been on solids now for about 2 weeks, and loves them! He has 5 bottles a day drinking 200-250ml.

Any feedback would be fantastic!! Thanks

Hey Sally - brendan sounds just like another friend of mines bub but she is a month older I think but was born at 35 weeks, she has only just started to sit up but topples right over straight away but has no teeth or babbling. Jemima is doing the dadadada mamama mum babababa tatat th th ti ti thing and crawling - but not a lot she is really slow at it. one week we have lots of food gobbled up and the next week we have none, she picks and chooses with textures also loves toast (and everyone make me feel bad ) chips from kfc or hungry jacks but hates some pasta so who knows what the difference is... i guess toast and chips she can squash up more than pasta......
    how big was brendan when he was born?? Jemima was only 8.2kg at 8 months so i am going to weigh her again next week to see what she is at 9 months.

i have given in and have started giving jemima BREAKFAST at SIX THIRTY instead of just breast feeding her and making her wait until 7.30am and that could be working as she has eaten heaps more the last 2 days..... hmmm and hmph to that!

catherine - i agree with lisa to tell terry what marriage means to you after making sure it does mean that much to you...... i have been married twice the first time i was engaged at 19 married at 20 bought house at 21 then we got a dog instead of a baby THANK GOODNESS i was seperated at 23 and remarried at 24 although benji just then said i only look 20 - bless his cotton socks!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast