Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #7

[QUOTE=smylie;1003655]she picks and chooses with textures also loves toast (and everyone make me feel bad ) chips from kfc or hungry jacks but hates some pasta so who knows what the difference is... i guess toast and chips she can squash up more than pasta......
    QUOTE]

so funny no one notices when i admit to feeding child hot chips but everyone notices when michelle does!!!! heheeheheheheheh

i am SO SO much better, Jemima's bottom is looking weird so i cant wait to go back to doc, the tear may be getting better but the other bit almost seems to be bothering her....

hey tashie - so glad tobie is eating again, i actually logged on to suggest feeding food cold..... jemima must be teething again (the kidzclub people told me this morning they thought she was getting her back teeth - what they are doing looking back there i dont want to know) any how, since then i got home and fed her cold pureed veges and rice and she ate them along with loving teething rusk which she only has interest in when she is teething.... hmmmmm

cate - sounds like you have talked to terry and that is awesome most people make the mistake of expecting the otherhalf to know what they are thinking. you both need to be there for eachother as things develop between you with baby and just growing up in general, you can email me if you like i have been there done that i was VERY young when i got married so know what it is like to have one partner have no idea about money or living out of home in general.....

lisa - why are you in pain??? your mood says in pain????

i am going to update utube and jemima's site now i think

michelle - see you tomorrow i will send you the directions to maccas from the cetenerary motorway - i hope none of our familes get sick this week!!!!!!!!

OK, I'll confess to oven chips too! Potato wedges seem to go down better and jacket potatoes best of all. Fusilli pasta is extra yum. Porridge only if it has cow juice in, I do know babies shouldn't have too much cow juice but DS loves it.

Liebs took his first steps yesterday! While I was in the shower, DH was so excited to get a first. 3 unsupported steps between the coffee table and the dining chair, not yet repeated. He also feeds himself with a spoon, but won't load it up. I load it and put it in the bowl, he picks it up and puts it in his mouth then drops the spoon. So frustrating!

Great, new page, can't remember everything, where's that advanced button? There it is!

Tashie, my DH claims DS just wants me, although this weekend he has been a lot better. He now will pick up DS, show him something new (usually the TV...) or talk to him. He's not at the singing-and-stories stage yet LOL. DS is a Daddy's boy though so it does make it easier on DH.

Thinking of well-behaved babies, he may not sleep but we took him to our rememberance day service yesterday (like ANZAC day, only ours is on 11th of November) and he kept the two minute silence (biscuits) and stayed quiet for the readings, list of the dead and the sermon. OK, I got him to sleep during the lists of the dead. He woke up for the national anthem - I was pleased about that because I needed to stand for that. There was only one other under-30 (and in total 11 under retirement age, including the clergy and choir) so a bit disappointing show from the youngsters really, but DS did get a lot of praise as we left.

Jayne, DS perks up with food too. Although not to that extent, but just to reassure (I'd go to the doctor too). Just remember their little bodies don't have the energy stores ours do.

Cate, I hope things pick up with you and Terry, but if not then at least you're thinking of what you want and how to get it.

As for my depression, I've had it since early childhood. DH is annoyed it isn't a quick-fix and I won't take drugs and my mother ignored me every time I told her I was depressed when I lived with her as I "don't know what depression is". Surely if your child is unhappy enough to claim to be depressed you try to sort out why and get them to see someone, even a GP? Anyway, that's an issue for another day!

Oooh, looks like DS is about to poo, I'll have to go. Drat that I can't chat forever any more!

mummycate Guest

I called Kym today, left a message, got a text later and she said that she was in Cairns (I forgot that she mentioned something about that). Just got back today.

ChristieN Guest

Hi everyone,

Its been a while but I'm finally freed up again. DS is feeling a lot better thanks Tashie. There were lots of smiles this morning and he actually spent some time in his walker and was happy to wander. It started with a fever then after a couple of days he broke out in a rash. The doctor said it was a virus... Plus he was teething at the time so he was an absolute misery guts. The culprit (teething) has made its appearance YAY. While he was sick, if I wasn't holding him he was crying. It was quite a tiring week.

This morning for breakfast DS had a bowl of cereal and a whole banana. That seems a lot to me. Is that a lot? I tried to just feed him half of the banana and tried to eat the other half myself while he was breastfeeding. He clearly would have preferred the banana so I put it aside for myself later. After I'd fed him and tidied up the dishes I then tried to eat the banana and he came chasing after me in his walker obviously after the banana. I've never seen anything like it LOL

Jayne - I know what you mean about your DD being a snob to sand and water. My DD wouldn't play with anything 'icky' when she was younger. I made her playdoh and she wouldn't touch it for the longest time. I'd keep it in the fridge and keep trying every so often and finally she'd touch it a lil more each time. She also wouldn't touch paint. Nowwww when she's outside I can't keep her out of the dirt ... go figure.

Tashie - I really appreciate the personalized message. I feel bad that I'm not that on top of things in here. I just wanted to say, "Thank you"
    You're game feeding Tobi beetroot :O My DS would end up covered in it. Does it come out of clothing? And DS isn't really into cheese. What kind of cheese are you giving him?
    The personal trainer session was all about fitness eval. How many sit ups could I do in a minute, how many push ups could I do, how far could I stretch etc. The workout starts today. We'll see how that goes.

Smylie - have you tried your DD with the smaller pastas like risoni?

STATS
    ---
    DS was born 3.085kg, 50cm. I've no idea what he weighs now.
    Rolling Over - back to belly no problems and belly to back a lil more cautiously
    Teeth - both the lower central incisors, both the upper lateral incisors, and the left central incisor
    Sleeping Through - Yes
    Crawling - commando style
    Sitting - can sit up by himself but I've only seen it a couple of times, its not something he does regularly yet. Can go from sitting to crawling.
    Standing - he'll happily stand if I prop him up. He'll walk using the furniture a lil bit. He can pull himself to stand but not regularly. I haven't seen him pull himself to stand and then walk ... we don't have great furniture for him to do that on. The couches have very rounded edges and are proly a bit higher than usual couches.
    Eating solids - Yes, loves chunky foods. Gets bored and cries if he eats anything too pureed, unless its sweet.
    Waving - very subtly, you've gotta be looking for it to figure out what he's up to
    Clapping - No
    Talking - says mama and dada

Have a great week everyone!

Hi everyone

Kell - Yep... I have been in pain for almost a month now... I went to the Dr last week, the pain I have is on the left of my belly button... it is slightly swollen too... I have to have an ultrasound soon to find out what it is... The Dr actually has no idea because apparently where it is sore, there is nothing in that region that could hurt... so it is either a cyst or a hernia... fantastic!!!

Tashie - No news with my job hunting etc... I am giving up for the rest of the year now, and just concentrating on everything to do with Christmas.... obviously if something too good to pass up comes up, then I will definitely apply for it.

Another quick one from me today... DH is home and we're taking Harry to the beach

Harrison's stats
    Harrison was born 3.46kg and was 50cm long.
    Rolling Over - He has been doing that for ages now... he started when he was 3 months old
    Teeth - None yet... still a gummy bear
    Sleeping Through - Yes
    Crawling - Yep... we call it turbo crawling... he does it so fast now that we have to almost run to catch up to him! He laughs when he does it too... he loves making us chase him... he has been crawling for 3 months now.
    Sitting - Harrison has been sitting up from around 4 months.
    Standing - He stands up all the time... he stands up in his cot in the mornings and holds onto the sides and tries to shake the cot! It is funny to see. He can stand unaided, but prefers to be holding something... even if it is just his fingertips just holding on. He too loves to hold onto our legs.
    Eating solids - Harrison eats anything and everything, even hot chips!! lol... he especially loves Chicken Nuggets from McDonalds!! Maddy shares hers with him. He eats 3-4 times a day... breakfast is usually either porridge, rice bubbles or toast... his fave at the moment is vegemite and cheese... lunch he has a sandwich and fruit and vegies... or something that I have made up for him the night before etc... dinner is usually whatever we're eating... unless there is an excess of spices in it... then I will take some out for Harrison before adding the spices etc... though, he likes garlic... Harry actually goes "Mmmm" when he eats something he likes too.
    Waving - Sometimes... he does his really funny little thing when he is mad too, he slams his hand down and blows a raspberry at the same time... it can be embarrassing when he does it to someone who is admiring him
    Clapping - Not yet... we play all the clapping games, but he prefers to watch us clapping
    Talking - says Mum Mum and Dad Dad Dad Dad, bubba, ball (when he is holding the ball) Nan nan, car, Mad (short for Madeleine) and cat... and Mmmmm... lol
    Current weight - I am not sure of his weight yet... he is getting weighed this Friday.
    Last edited by Lisa; November 13th, 2007 at 10:12 AM.

All your babies are doing soo well, Brendan only just rolled from back>front today

hey sally - yippee for brendan - i remember being so excited when jemima finally rolled coz i knew it was the start of so many things for her! and they think they are so damn clever it's cute!

christie - some of the other bottled foods have smaller pasta i think and i'm sure jem has eaten it so maybe my timing is off and she is teething so not interested in chewing pasta or something coz she is off the pasta one she has eaten before as well and only eating cold stuff.....

got jem weighed today
    she is only 8.4kg only 220grams up from last month that that is enough to keep her on the 50th line which is where she has been since she was sick and she is 75ish (squirmy baby) cms long which keeps her up at the 96th percentile thingy for length lean mean squirmy machine!
    she is waving, clapping everything BUT her own hands, crawling, sitting up (so so cool) from back or belly, she loves to stand and wobbly walk, sometimes loves eating sometimes not into it at all, found out today that breastmilk tastes different everytime for her depending on what i have eaten so i think that is awesome for her and may suggest why she would rather M&M influenced breastmilk to farex.....

christie - cereal and half a banana is the perfect amount of food if you ask me! i would love to get just that much into jem every morning, when her bottom is better i will reoffer bananas as she loved them too.... what other fruits do you feed your boy? jem tried and loved mango the other day

Hi everyone,

Yay for Brendan - WHoo hooo - how exciting!

Just a quick one - I have so much to do, Quinn claps all the time, if we start singing 'If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" he gets the big grin on his face and starts clapping, he also claps randomly and when he's crying he sometimes claps too, he is a clapper

He sits and pulls himself up on things (especially me) all the time.

Bugger bugger bugger - now he is screaming...gotta go...sorry for short post

Hey Ladies,

BrendansMUM _ Yeah, on the rolling over. WTG that's awesome. Does he give you a big smile when he does it? It's so impressive beacuse they know they've done a great thing.

SMYLIE _ How is Jem now? She is a little skinny minny isn't she? & is that quite long? She must be tall & thin, the lucky devil.

LISA _ My goodness, I hope that you're going to be alright, what you've got doesn't sound fun at all. When is your scan?

ME )_ Sorry just a quick one, I'll write more tonight when the kids are in bed, Claudia is having a better day after the two steaming hot days that we have just had. I'll have to do her stats for all you guys & Yes, Claudia is a hot chippy lover too! So we are ALL bad mummy's! PMSL.

Love Jayne

Yay for Brendan rolling over, well done him.

Christie, DS prefers food to milk if it's available. So upsetting the first time he shot off and grabbed a biscuit.

Lisa, I hope you are all right. I know I get pains from where DS has used me as a teether, is Harry into human teethers/blood because the vampires got him?

Kel, DS coves clapping the floor, my hand and kitchen objects; I always think he's too bright to hit himself LOL. It's a proper slap. He loves grabbing my hand and making me hit myself too, he is such a bully.

Jayne, glad to hear Claudia is better.

DS had his 9 month assessment yesterday and he is officially clever now. He is also so active that he has gained no weight in 3 weeks - the HV said she could see it was activity, he was walking/cruising and bouncing everywhere, but she did get a list of what I feed him every day and said to up the fats. And that it is fine to give him the odd bit of home-made toffee and chips (I wanted to prove that I was trying to fatten him up a bit).

So what does everyone elses' babies eat? Here is Liebling's menu:

Morning breastfeed, toothpaste then breakfast of baby cereal (4-5tbspn) followed by toast if he wants it.
    Snack at 10ish of biscuits and water.
    Lunch of what I have (cheese sandwich, pasta in tomato sause with tuna and cheese, risotto...) until he's bored, then apple/pear and feed
    Snack midafternoon of fruit/bisuits and a feed, he usually snacks all afternoon going walk-snack-walk-snack until 5pm.
    Dinner at 6.15-6.30, again, he eats what we are having (he loves garlic bread!) then porridge with full-fat cow juice. Toothpaste then feed before bedtime.

Sometimes a feed overnight.

Also, last night her upstairs moved out, they had their final huge row, slung furniture around, slammed doors, stomped (I'm thinking I now know why Liebs was waking so much!) and DH filled me in that him upstairs has been cheating on her. He owns the flat, so he stays. Also he has been bunking off work and doing drugs, says DH... am I the only person in the world who doesn't smell drugs on people? DS slept 8-9-9.30 (then slept in my arms in the sitting room for a half hour until the worst of the stomping finished), woke for a feed and tried to play at 4, then up just after 7. Well done him!

mummycate Guest

Sorry girls, skimmed reading, bloody tired, El has hit another milestone! Her teeth have just cut through today. Only found out when I stuck my finger in her mouth to see how they felt. Just broken through so I'm not saying she has teeth until they pop up just that bit more. My mate said that it explains her several dribble vomits today, half on me. But she wasn't terribly teething today but one grumpy bum! If only it was more obvious, poor darl, I would have given her Teething Relief sooner (LOOOOOOOOOVE that stuff!). Must go to bed, got a job interview at a Childcare place tomorrow, excited!!!
    Love yas all (I don't really say "yas" much, lol) xxxxx

yeah for elouise's toothy pegs!!! which one?? teeth teeth teeth - i know what you mean about wishing you knew it was teeth so you could give teething relief! jemima has always been sick or too young to be getting teeth so i never get to use the teething stuff on her! once we knew it was teeth but the virus she had meant if i gave her bonjella it would hurt her more IF she got ulcers in her mouth so i didnt want to risk hurting her so had to resort to cuddles!

lisa - how is your weightloss going?? with all these other things happening with your body it must be hard to keep 'on track' when do you find out what it is that is painful and when can they fix it???

ryn - yeah for pubert being offically clever, i got same kind of report with jem today at nurse but she was not a very nice nurse she actually compared jem a bit to the 18month old that had just left and said how much better jem was in most ways development wise - not very nice really but good to know jem is up there doing all the'right' things..... yogurt is a big part of jemima's diet, i notice that was not on pubert's menu...?

kirsten - quinn so clever - i think bella claps too - hmmmm how to get my child clapping her own hands not everything else......... jemima does high five, down low, on the side, and the other side and then SO FUNNY AND CUTE when i say up high she just claps down on my hand up higher rather than hitting my hand from below.... very wrong and very cute....... did quinn get his back teeth after his front 6 or his bottom 2 beside the first ones they get? apparently jemima getting her back teeth...... teeth teeth teeeth

jayne - i just noticed jessica's birthday is my wedding anniversary and it is soon! what are you doing for her birthday?

we have swimming lessons tomorrow, hoping jemima continues what she was doing last week and gets better at the monkey bar thing... she has to monkey monkey along the bar on the edge of the pool... i think that is almost the only thing holding her from moving up a class she swims for ages under the water and splashes and stuff at all the right times... but moving up a class may mean a different teacher and that i would have a different time maybe and at the moment swimming fits in perfectly with pub lunch with my friend who works near swimming.... hmph to being flexible..... hmph to having to get changed in humid change room every week with baby screaming with clingyness unless being distracted
    Last edited by smylie; November 13th, 2007 at 11:02 PM.

SMYLIE _ You crack me up about swimming fitting in perfectly with pub lunch! LOL. I have to say though, changing teachers is a hassle we had with Jessica. She had the same teacher from 6m - 18m & then we changed teachers every term until this term (right before she is 3), I finally got her back into her original teachers class. Now she is settled & doing fantastic at swimming again. She can swim about 10m on her own & is learning freestyle now. But when we were changing teachers every term, she was a nightmare, she wouldn't do anything, wouldn't let the teacher take her, cried, you name it, but now she is going great again. So I'm in two minds of Claudia changing teachers regularly so she copes with change or keeping her with the same teacher throughout? Hmmm, decisions! Jessica's birthday, well the actual night is a Wednesday which is the night that we usually go to the IL's for dinner so my MIL has kindly offered to still do dinner @ her place, but cater for my parents & my sister & her family so that I don't have to cook for everybody, which is great of her. But I'm having a party for her on the Sunday & I've been so stuck with what to get her it's not funny. she's not a real dolly kind of girl which is what I initially thought I'd get her, so I got her the hi-5 drum kit, guitar, microphone & keyboard. I'll kick myself when she is making a hell of a noise, but hi-5 is her FAVE so she will love that. & I've also hired her a bouncy castle for the party. She has some books, clothes & little nick-nacks as well, but the bouncy castle & the musical stuff is the big ticket items! I've just done a list of her friends for her party & there is 22 of them! My goodness!

MUMMYCATE_ WTG El on the toothy pegs! Clever little chicken that you are!! I bet you got a shock when you stuck your finger in her mouth & got a sharp bit!

RYN _ Oh my, nothing like a good fisty in the middle of the night. We used to have smashing neighbours as well. makes for interesting listening that's for sure. they lived across the road & I never had to eavesdrop to hear what they were fighting about. the woman had fantastic lungs on her. I'm glad one half of the problem is moving out though, hopefully it's quiet now!

TASHIE _ I'm going ok without Alan here, it's pretty chilled at our place. I'm actually busy cleaning out old clothes that I never wear, throwing out the old linenm & all that kind of stuff. I endeavour to do somethign resourceful each night. Tonight I"m meant to be starting the birthday invitations for Jessica's party, but I have just got on msn with a gf, so there goes that. LOL. How is your little fella?

Ok, I'll have a go @ Claudy's stats

CLAUDIA

ROLLING OVER: Yep, has been for ages
    TEETH: Yep, the two middle bottom ones, no sign of anymore, gums are very soft
    CRAWLING: Yes, since about 6.5 months I think
    STANDING: Pulling herself to standing, but not standing without holding onto anything & today has just started coasting around the bathtub to get to the toys
    SLEEPING THROUGH: You've got to be kidding me
    WAVING: Yes, but with two hands atm, have to work on that
    CLAPPING: Yes, but has only done it a couple of times (sunday was the first)
    WORDS: Mum-Mum, Oh Dad-Dad, Ta & Nanna (Nanna happened last night the first time)
    SOLIDS: Solids has been hard for us, Claudia had a very shaky start. She is only just starting to eat 3 times per day. I have been offering for ages, but she has only been eating breakfast & dinner, but slowly we are getting there. She is a big fan of yoghurt, pumpkin-broccoli-sweet potato puree, sausages, hot chips, apples, pears, strawberries & vegemite on bread. She has only just started to do lumps. She likes finger food, but more to play with it rather than eat it! Oh & we've just started with sultanas, they are great for fine-motor skills too!

US _ We are going ok, only Claudia has started this stupid clingy thing, where there is really no need because it's only ME at home with her! LOL. she cries when I leave the room & really slaps her hands on the floor when she is crawling after me! well I must go & put the mop away. jessica went to her Nanna's for a sleepover tonight! WOO HOO says me!!!

Love Jayne

mummycate Guest

Ellie's teeth are the two bottom front ones. They aren't visible above the gums but I can feel the sharp ridge. Jeez I'm hungry. And tired. So congrats to the bubbies with achievements and to mummies with achievements. Insert compliment to mum/bub here. LOL. Too tired, too many headaches. Had a job interview, went so well, I think I have the job but need to sort out childcare for Ellie and get centrelink forms for childcare fee assistance etc. Yeah. Its a position for trainee at a childcare centre, and I'll be training for a diploma in children's services. After 12 months, I'll have a cert 3 and I want to continue for the diploma. Good on me! Wow I never expected to get the job. Man I'm hungry. Gotta go.

cate - can you not bring elouise to the childcare centre you will be working at?? what an awesome job... and how cool will it be to have your own pay and own money so you can buy tupperware! i could never work in a childcare centre, looks crazy!!! so so funny your "insert compliment here" bit heheheeheh lmao

jemima is so much more fun now that she is crawling, she thinks she is so damn clever!!!! and is able to do so much more and get to her toys and now i really know which ones SHE really likes and wot not

better go hubby just got home

janye - jumping castle makes you coolest mum ever

RYN - I forgot to tell you, I make Claudia's food with Cow's Milk as well. I was too scared to post because everybody in here are such good mummy's!! LOL. So we are both BAD!

SMYLIE _ Yes, I am officially the COOLEST mum on the planet.

MUMMYCATE_ WTG on the job! Wow, that's awesome. A job & training at the same time! Could you put Ellie into the childcare centre that you're going to work at? Is it full time?

heheheeheh i've been using cow's milk in jem's cereal since she started having it at a week before she was 5 months, i could not be bothered expressing and not gonig to buy formula just for cereal and water and farex tasted like glue to me! i've been trying to get jem to drink more and more of it but she is not as keen on milk in a cup as i would like her to be.......... there is one nurse at the clinic who is SO SO ANTI cowsmilk she reckons it is the reason her son has asthma........... isnt it funny that we do stuff to/for our babies which we obviously think about and does not harm our babies but we are so afraid of being bad mothers we dont say anything - yet we are doing it?? heheheheheheheheheh

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast