Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #7

Hi Sally!!! Welcome to Feb babies! Please don't feel reluctant to join in... the more the merrier!
    Brendan sounds like a gorgeous little bub... I must say that I am jealous that you have a bubba with teeth! Harrison is still a little gummy bear, but it doesn't stop him from eating anything he puts his eyes on. He eats solids 3-4 times a day, and he has 3 x 240ml bottles of S26 gold per day.
    As soon as Harrison started to really notice his toys, everything started for him... he discovered that he could roll to get what he wanted... and during his tummy time, he noticed he could move and get himself closer to his toys, then he started to crawl. It all happened very quickly for Harry... but I have been told by many people that babies with older siblings sometimes start off doing things early because they want to keep up with the older siblings... this is very true for Harrison as he turbo crawls after his Dad and brother all the time!
    Anyway Sally, nice to meet you, I hope you decide to hang around... I look forward to getting to know you and Brendan better.
    Lisa

mummycate Guest

Welcome Sally.

Sorry, not in a good mood atm. We've put the marriage issue aside. He has finally given me a reason, he's not ready. Which is fine with me. I just wanted him to tell me. And we've had a fight over finances. I wanted to buy 2 things from tupperware and he guilted me into cancelling it as we don't NEED it. So that's upset me a bit. Why let me go to a tupperware party and then not let me buy anything? No point in going as I knew I was going to buy one thing.

I think our relationship is on the rocks now. He feels I'm not ready to be responsible in budgeting, and managing a household. Which is sorta true. I did move out of home and moved in with him and now have a baby. When am I really in charge? We're a team, not individuals. Its really hard for me. I don't know whether or not it would be better for me to live on my own or to stay with him. In his own words he said "are you staying with me because of convenience?" I didn't know what to say. I love him and I'm staying but part of me feels that I might be happier on my own. I don't know. I've never been on my own and I don't want to leave him. I just don't know what to do about this. Should we go to counselling?

MUMMYCATE _ Awww chicken, I"m so sorry to hear things aren't going well. Can I ask you something though? how old are you? I know that shouldn't bear any impact, but I'm wondering if your partner is trying to 'father' you rather than be your partner. Does that make any sense? I'm having BIG issues with DH right now too, his taxi picks him up in exactly 1 hour & 57 minutes & we are having the fight of our lives. We had a 1st birthday party to go to today & when that finished he asked me to drop him at his uncle's house to help him repair something on his boat, both girls were asleep in the car after the party so I said I'll take them home & put them to bed (this was 5pm) & then you get your dad (who was at the uncle's place too) or your uncle to bring you home. He said that was ok & he'd only be an hour. Well at 8:30pm he has called me to ask him to pick him up. I was absolutely FUMING, I laughed & hung up the phone. He got home at 9pm & by that time Claudia was climbing the walls, she was sooooo over-tired & cranky that when he tried to hold her she just screamed, so I've put her to bed. I'm so fuming, he did exactly this last time he left, he is at the moment trying to play with jessica, but it's 10pm & she should have been in bed hours ago. Thankgoodness she had that big sleep after the party but she is getting tired too. He stayed at his uncle's place drinking for 3 hours when he should have been home spending time with his family. He's going away for 6 weeks, he's going ot miss his daughter's 3rd birthday & won't be home until Christmas Eve. What is wrong with the man? He should have 'wanted' to be at home with us & spent some time with us. It's a lovely warm day, we could have eaten dinner outside, the kids could have played on the swingset, the possibilities are endless, but no, myself & my children are put to the back of his priority list again. I've come upstairs to hide away from him. Gosh, I"m so sorry, I have just made this all about me. I don't know the background but I've just read your last post & really felt for you. He shouldn't have bullied you into cancelling your order, that's not fair & which is why I'm wondering if he is trying to father you. I hope you can sort something out soon.

Love Jayne

PS _ I'm so sorry I haven't been keeping up, we've been so busy, I haven't turned the computer on for days, but now that DH is going tonight, I'll be right up to date with everything!

Love Jayne

Brendan weighed 1545gms at birth, or 3pound 4oz. Jemima is a gorgeous name

Thanks for the welcome. Mummycate, i'm sorry to hear about your relationship, I'm currently "seperated" I left my DF wed just gone, becasue he needed "space" to think about our relationship too. my dad put it very simply, Do you love each other? If the loves is there you can work around anything! We've put our marriage aside also, as I fell PG with Brendan and now we have another... hmmm. DF told me the other day that we are "two different people and it wasn't going to work" Arrrrgh!! Counselling is a good idea, but only if you are both willing to talk about it, have you tried to sit down and talk about things?? I know I'm probably not the best person for advice, my relationship is going downhill, but any advice is better than none!

Sorry almost forgot.. hehe, Lisa it's not such a good thing this teething business. He's grumpy and gets hot flushes, heat rashes. I have to have him naked most of the time. He gets all sweety which makes him more upset. The bonjella is getting a workout!! His teeth aren't through yet, can only just make out the white peaks... won't be long though.

Hi girls. sorry for the neglect, my depression has gotten a lot worse so I've been avoiding people so no-one picks up on it, only to completely breakdown yesterday but at least I'm a bit better now. I'm going to be bad at personals today, sorry in advance.

Kirsten, I've been thinking and praying for your friend and the baby.

Cate, I cannot give relationsip advice, DH thinks that I should "get over" my depression, not go out every morning and do housework instead because then he'll be happier. So I'm not too chuffed as he spends most evenings on the phone talking to his mate about fishing! When do I get to talk or have fun?

Hi to Sally! Lieby was born at 42w so it's not fair to compare, even 9m on as he's 3m older in reality and that's a big difference at this age. (It's also not fair to compare babies with no difference or 14m difference, but that's another vent.) Liebs is cruising really well now, can stand up and sit himself down, has 3 teeth and 3 on the way, has a great chuckle and a few words (Daddy, Mummy, ja (yes) and no, Hey/Hi/Hello, Baba for Baby, Vivver for Oliver his friend, ninga for drink/water, umgar for hunger also he has "thag-oo" for thank you, "lug oo mum" for love you mum (he then hugs and kisses me), "babana" for bye-bye night-time, "oh dear" with a stress on the D, and he does other random ones), and loves to say had-dad-did and gig gig gig egg gig geg. He loves his food, expecially pasta and pork sausage. Lieby is tall (74cm-ish) and light (under 18lb, that's under about 8.5kg). He also does not crawl or roll around, just gets me to hold my fingers out so he can stand, walk and sit if he wants something. Favourite toys are tissues, empty envelopes, telephones and remote controls. The stacker is OK, but only if he has nothing else. He started the clinginess at 5-6m and it's going now, a friend took him yesterday for 40mins while I had a sleep and DH today for 45mins - he didn't miss me at all today. He anticipates the "up" parts in Grand Old Duke of York and the bouncing patterns of his horsey ride game. He waves sometimes but won't clap yet. I think he is very advanced, but I am his Mummy!

All this pales to insignificance to Niece though. She's 22 and a bit months old, still doesn't talk, but MiL says that she's telepathic. No wonder Lieby doesn't interest her!

OK, that was very all about me. And more - we're decorating the sitting room and check out the new pic in the gallery.

gtg he has woken up! DH is fishing now he has stripped the wallpaper and I have tidied.
    Last edited by Ca Plane Pour Moi; November 11th, 2007 at 02:27 AM. Reason: drat it all, too not to! stupid remote keyboard that doesn't pick up my typing.

Rosehip_Fairy, thanks for letting me know where your lil one is up to. I don't compare Brendan, or any other baby, I was just curious as to what other 8-9 month old were doing. I'm also in another thread for "corrected age" just to get an idea. Brendan, like all babies, will grow at his own rate. It's nice to see what he might be doing within the next 2-3 months.

thanks

mummycate Guest

Elouise can crawl, very fast! No teeth but I'm sure they're not far away. She goes from sitting to crawling but can't go back to sitting. She pulls herself to standing on things 50cm high. She loves wafer crackers and banana-avocado. Words are mumma, aba, umma, bura, sometimes she says dada, one time she said badmumma (after she fell off the bed). I don't know how tall she is or her weight, last check it was 8.58kg at a bit over 8 months old. She regained the weight she lost over sickness and is back on track. The cats don't like her much. They can be too lazy to move if she's touching them, so just swat at her instead which I don't like. Max swatted and threatened to bite her as she barely touched his paw a few times. I would have pushed him away. She was being extremely gentle, which she isn't normally.

Our relationship needs lots of work. Terry and I have had a huge talk. And he needs to work out what he wants and whether or not he wants to change how he feels. I don't really want to talk about it here, its very personal, but I will talk to one of my friends about it. Basically if he's not going to be the person he used be and if he doesn't want to be anything like he used to be then I can't live with him. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life in a relationship where I'm not fully happy.

Welcome again Sally! Sorry, you joined in when a few of us have personal crises. This doesn't happen too often but generally we just sort ourselves out and then join in more. But everyone else is happy to chat so you are most welcome. Welcome to Brendan! Tiny baby bubba! Elouise was 2.63kg (5lb 12oz) born at 39 weeks. In my 8th month, she decided to slow her growth. Born with a head diameter of 9cm. 9 fit into 10 easily but not painlessly! I had no tears, only gas and went home 5 hours later. There were no beds. No complications. I got a good nights sleep that night. Fed her every few hours and went to bed around 9pm after feeding her. Woke up at 5am, bolt upright. Hmmm what's not right? What time is it? Omg she hasn't fed in 8 hours! They told me to wake her at 8 hours if she did this, so I did, fed her and then from then on we had increasing trouble breastfeeding. She's FF from 3wks old and has been very happy. Reflux diagnosed at 6 months and gone by 8 months with recurrences from illness. She's all good now. She is not clingy, but when she's hungry or tired she gets upset if she sees me leave the room. Most of the time she doesn't even notice I leave. See how much she loves me? LOL! Loves to explore, gotta keep two eyes on her, not one!

I think its time for a nap now. Byebye everybody!
    Last edited by mummycate; November 11th, 2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: accidentally hit enter

mummycate Guest

After trying to eat sticky tape, which I had to scrape out of her mouth (where does she find it?), she crawled over to me and pulled herself up on my knee. She has never done that before! Amazing!

Hi girls. This is just a quick one again because Bella's due to wake up any second.

I really feel for those of you in a relationship crisis. I was in one for NINE years! ARGH!!!

My one main piece of advice for ANYONE who is being treated badly (some of you are probably not being treated badly as such, but I'm sure this advice might help anyway) is this: NEVER tolerate it. Doing so will teach your children that it is ok to be treated or to treat others like that and to me, that is not ok.

Also, your partners will keep treating you like that if you LET them. That was my mistake. My ex and I went to counselling (before he became my ex of course, and he only suggested we go because he could see that this time I meant business) and the counselor said that while his treatment of me was not ok, the fact that I allowed it to happen meant I shared some of the blame for some of what was going on. I was so scared of rocking the boat, I just put up with it and in doing so, I just prolonged the pain and gave him little incentive to treat me better. It's silly really. I should've stood up to him long before I did.

It wasn't until I realised that I deserved so much better, that I decided it was time to get out there and find someone who was prepared to treat me like I deserved to be treated. I wasn't taking second best this time, as I had my daughter to think of too, and now I'm with a wonderful man who is as close to perfect as a man could get (well, almost..!).

Also, please remember your children know what's going on even if you don't fight in front of them (and I hope you don't - I have a nephew who's really messed up thanks to my sister and ex bil doing that). DD used to be so much more irritable when I was tense. It took me a while to realise why.

So no matter what your situation is, if it's not making you happy, then your children are being affected. Do something NOW to work towards fixing it...

I hope I've not offended anyone. I really do feel for you and I would hate to go through again what I did back then and if I can help just one person get out of a bad situation (which could include patching things up with your hubby of course!) then I'm going to speak from my personal experience.

On a much happier note, check out Bella's blog (link in sig) to see how our day at Sea World went! We had FUN!!!

mummycate Guest

We've come to an understanding. We've told each other how we feel and how the other makes us feel, and we're just going to take things day by day and make it work. Our relationship feels stronger emotionally now. Which is good.

Ellie is doing so well, btw when I mentioned she pulled herself up on my knee, I was STANDING! She weighs 8.65kg, not much more than last weigh but up is better than down. So that's great!

Love to you all xxxxx

CATE - I'm so glad to hear about the long talk with DP & WTG on El standing! What a milestone! Clever Cookie that she is!

MICHELLE _ I just checked out some pics & the blog of Seaworld! What a gorgeous little girl Bella is. I loved the pic of the kids asleep on the way home! Priceless & some well deserved peace! LOL. What a great day you all had. Thanks for the advice on bad times with DH's & no, I didn't think you were offensive at all. DH & I had it out & while he doesn't completely get why I was so jacked at him, he also knows he is in the doghouse BIG TIME & I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen again. I don't let him dish out to me without him knowing that he's done wrong. LOL.

RYN _ My goodness, I"m so sorry, I didn't realise how upset you have been. I'm so sorry that I haven't picked up on it. I have to admit, I did thing you were a super-star to be going so great considering all the sleep that you DON'T get. Is it ok to ask how that situation is going? Or is it best just to leave the sleep issue well alone? Please PM me if you ever need to talk. I'm glad that you had a friend & also DH take Liebs for a little while so you could have some YOU time! WTG!

BRENDANSMUM_ Hello to you! I"m so sorry, I was having a 'me' issue the other day & I wanted to reply to your initial post when I was happy & cheery, not a fire breathing dragon! PMSL. Brendan sounds just gorgeous & he was born on a really great day! LOL, he is the same age as my Claudia. WTG on the solids &the rolling over. Does he sleep well for you? I'm looking forward to hearing more about you & Brendan!

ME _ Well Claudia doesn't handle the heat very well, I found that out today with a little blood nose that she had & she was very sleepy & quite uncomfortable. She is also a snob! She HATES the sand between her toes & is disgusted at little waves lapping at her feet at the beach. Her Daddy is going to be peeved when he finds out! Considering that I'm sure Alan has gills. Spends all his time underwater - scuba diving & fishing & anything on the water. LOL. Does this sound weird to you, I have noticed that Claudia gets a bit sleepy until she eats some solids & then she perks up? Today she slept for 3 hours & when she woke, we went straight to the beach to cool off, on the way home (probably only 90 minutes after she woke) she went all sleepy in the pram & I gave her a vegemite sandwich to perk her up & in 10 minutes she was very spritely & active again. I noticed the same happened tonight right before dinner & she had a little nanna-nap right before dinner. Do you think I need to take her to the Dr because to me it sounds like she is diabetic? I'm starting to stress, so I'm going to forget about it & think about it more tomorrow.

Love Jayne

Cate, glad you've worked something out with DP, good to hear!! WTG Ellie!!Awesome news

Hello Jayne, Thanks for the welcome. Sun the 25th Feb was an excellent day!! Brendan is a very good sleeper. He sleep 2-3 hours between each feed during the day and then goes to bed at around 9:30 (DLS time) and wakes around 8:30 (DLS time). If you are stressing about Claudia I would take her, just for peace of mind. It could have been just the heat yesterday, seems to make us all a bit lethargic

Hi Girls,
    WOW! So much has happened since I last logged on, I don't know where to start, so lets talk about us first!!!!

US- Tobi is eating so well now. I have worked out that I just need to listen to his likes and dislikes more and not try to force him to eat things he doesn't like. He is starting to really enjoy finger food. Cheese and beetroot are gold! Still loves his yoghurt and will always eat the 4-6month tin food. Doesn't like any of the older ones...too much flavour?? Who knows. I don't think he likes pumpkin, still trying to work that one out. Apparently my DH hated pumpkin when he was a baby. But I am starting to give him what we are eating for dinner, but only in tiny pieces that he can swallow. He got some food stuck in his throat the other day. Poor little guy was crying and crying. As soon as we gave him his cup, he drank so much and so fast. Then he was fine.
    The other night we went out to some 'new' friends place for tea. Tobi was so comfortable with them and didn't care where I was and even went to sleep in their arms. I haven't ever seen him like that. Normally he is always looking for me or is ok for a while and then wants to go back to me. As my DH says, I am the preferred parent and his favourite saying is 'He just wants you'. This really upsets me as I want a life too and I have been feeling that I can't do anything or ever rely on my DH to settle Tobi. I never go out on my own unless Tobi is already asleep. Anyway....I was so surprised and commented how good it was and why my DH can't settle him. This really upset DH as I was 'calling him a bad parent in front of his friends'. I just feel that he gives up too easy and doesn't make a real effort to make Tobi feel just as safe and secure with him as he does with me. Does anyone else feel as if their husbands aren't making that effort? I know my Dad didn't, but I just pictured that my DH would be able to comfort Tobi.
    As for me. A friend wrote me out a diet that I am starting. So fingers crossed I might lose some of this excess weight finally. I do eat pretty well, but she gave me some hints to success, like drinking water with lemon juice in it and eating a snack every two hours. She has lost 27kg this year and that's just by changing her diet. I would love to lose that much.

Sally - Welcome. I hope you are here to stay. I love hearing what everyone's bubs are doing and look forward to getting to know Brendan. One thing I have worked out so far just how different in development all the babies are. I often wonder if I should be doing more with Tobi to teach him to do things, or just let him work it out himself. He isn't very good at mimicking!
    Tobi was born 3.695kg, 50.5cm. He was 8.1kg two weeks ago.
    Rolling Over - From back to belly no problems, doesn't like to go back though
    Teeth - No
    Sleeping Through - Yes
    Crawling - Yes, but no bum in the air yet
    Sitting - Yes but can't sit himself up. Can go from sitting to crawling.
    Standing - No
    Eating solids - Very fussy, but yes
    Waving - To himself
    Clapping - No
    Talking - We think that he says Mum and Dad da, but not to the point of putting it into his baby book yet

Catherine - Relationships are hard. They are a lot of give and take. But I agree, don't stay in a relationship where you are unhappy. I hope you guys work it out. That's great to hear that El is pulling herself up, she will be standing in no time.

Jayne - How is it going since your DH left? Have you been talking to him? It is hard leaving on a bad note. Men just don't think some times. Tobi perks right up after a meal too. I wouldn't be too concerned, but still ask about it next time you are at the DR or health nurse.

Ryn - I am sorry to hear that you are have depression. I suffered for about six months after Tobi was born and can really relate with not being able to talk or have fun. I want you to know that there is heaps of us out here that know what you are going through and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am sure you'll get your little one sleeping better soon. But in the mean time, talk and talk. I felt so much better once I got out how I was feeling. Meanwhile, Liebling is speaking so many words. That is fantastic.

Michelle - Photos are great

Kel - You all better again? How is Jemima's bottom?

Christie - How is DS? Hope he is ok. How did your Personal Training session go?

Lisa - Any news on the moving and job hunting?

Where's Kym? Haven't seen her is ages.

Take care everyone

Hi again girls.

Tashie - Good luck with your diet. If you're already eating well to start with, then you'll get there no problem! I'd heard of the lemon juice with water thing before. My ex had trouble with settling DD#1 when she was little, but my current DH is great at it. I find that he relates to children so much better than my ex did too (probably because he's a big child himself...!).

Jayne - I'm glad you don't take any sh*t sitting down! I'm glad I didn't offend you at all. Poor Claudia with a blood nose! As for perking up after a feed, Bella does that sort of. I'll notice she's rubbing her eyes, and she'll look like she's about to nod off while having her bottle, then afterwards, she's full of beans again. Wierd! Glad you liked the pictures and video. I'm kinda proud of my movie making skills, as bad as they are....!

Catherine - I am so glad you were able to come to an understanding and I hope you feel better for it. Remember we're here if you need to vent!

Us - Bri is home from school today with a fever and a cough and sore throat. Noice. It's actually nice to have another pair of eyes to watch Bella with! Had to go out earlier to pay for our trip to Thailand in Jan. We're going thanks to a "deal" I did with one of the presenters at a seminar I worked at recently (photos are on my other website - you can get there via Bella's blog). Anyway, I'm doing his internet marketing course and will be helping out as a support person here in Brissy. All of our accommodation and food is paid for - we just need to get over there!

While I'm looking forward to going (DH is coming with me), we're going to miss the kids sooooo much! We're only going to be gone for 8 days in total.

Here's Bella's "stats":
    Bella was 3065g born, 51cm long, 34cm head circumfrence
    Rolling Over - She rolls both ways
    Teeth - Two bottom teeth
    Sleeping Through - Yep!
    Crawling - Everywhere! And it looks really funny because she's not all that coordinated yet
    Sitting - Yes. Can go from sitting to crawling and can sit up from laying down.
    Standing - No but is trying to pull herself up on couch, coffee table etc
    Eating solids - Yes. Will try anything once. Likes lumps. LOVES hot chips (I am such a bad mother...)
    Waving - Yes, she started doing that when her Dad finished up on the Bermuda Triangle ride at Sea World!
    Clapping - Yes
    Talking - Not really, although we're pretty sure she says "Yay!" when clapping!
    Weight now - I have NO idea! She was 7680g at 7 months and is quite petite compared to a lot of other babies we've seen. She's 9 months tomorrow.

Got to go - she's stuck under the coffee table.

hello thanks for the stats, your babies are doing so well!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatient View Post
    LOVES hot chips (I am such a bad mother...)
    lol, don't think that, if that's what she likes to eat. It's better than chocolate or lollies, at least it is a vegetable

Ha ha. Thanks for that Sally! I feel sooo much better now!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast