Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #5

Hi Prama,

Bonjela is just a little local anesthetic gel that you rub on and it numbs the area for a while. Not exactly sure how long. I have used it for all three of mine and it seems to work.
    Celery is supposed to be good for them to munch on and help sooth their gums, and the do have teething rings that you can put in the fridge and then give them to chew on to help sooth their gums.

I can never sleep if the kids are here I do the same and wake up for any noise. It will be good for you to have a couple of hours off and relax, just don't do housework.

I think when I go away I will be in bed by 8.30pm just to catch up, but then again I bet we're not!!!

Have agood weekend everyone I have to work this afternoon

Sue

sue - will look out for bonjela. i can only feel that his gums are hard but nothing coming thru yet. should i start w bonjela now or wait?

i've got a teething ring...

yeah, it's hard that every noise bub makes wakes you up.. and it's so tempting to do housework when you have time to yourself isnt it.

hope work was ok today..

we had dinner with my team mates at my manager's last night. it was really good. poopy was well behaved. it was just nice to sit w other adults and chat like the old days. we had poopy on the play mat while we ate, then dh and took turns w him on our laps while we chatted and had dessert.

he had his first swim class today. carlile offered us a free trial class. dh took him into the water and i took pictures, i thought itd be nice for them to do this together.. i think he did well, he just didnt like when he was on his back and water went into his ears.

gotta go.. have a good sunday girls.

hope you girls had a good weekend, so so glad spring is here! hooray!!!!!!!

we gave him some fish with potatoes and carrot. he cried eating it and then threw it all up.. poor bubba. I then ate it and it wasnt nice.. i tasted it earlier but not ate it, ate it. i should have added some cereal to make it yummier. maybe it was too bland for him.

my darling baby has a sore throat.. he sounds like joe ****er.. he woke up today and his voice went funny. im going to go to the chemist tomorrow and ask if he should have anything for his throat. thot of getting some teething gel as well.

oh, he did a caterpillar crawl yesterday! we were at mil's at he lifted his bum and moved his knees forward. he did this a couple of times. eeek.. im so so not ready.. the house is not ready. maybe this could be a blessing in disguise and steve wont leave his crap everywhere????

HOORAY for Spring.

Can't wait to get outside.
    Prama -- My DD is sick also. She has the sore throat and cough, runny nose and gunky eyes she did however sleep for 12 hours last night ( but I was up and down as she was coughing and making funny noises ) I am taking her to the Dr this afternoon. It was only a matter of time before she got it as we have all had it.

Caterpillar crawling go Lakshman, he he he. We call it commando crawling lol but its the same thing. Yes those days of knowing where they are, are coming to and end. Its fun though finding where they get too and what they get themselves into.

Have a good day everyone.

Sue

Well done Lakshman!

hehe sue, we call it commando crawling too. Although Amber is not there yet! Hopefully Sophie feels better soon.

hehe.. i thot commando crawling was when they moved by dragging their upper bodies.

im taking lakshman to his gp this afternoon, he's getting a cough too.

i gave him some fish, potato and carrot last night, he didnt seem to like it, and then threw it up.. this morninghe had yoghurt, he likes it but then threw it up at mil's.

it will be so much fun to do the outdoorsy things with bubs, huh.. im so excited!!
    we're going on a picnic for father's day!

prama - Woohoo Lakshman on your caterpillar crawling! DD sometimes gets her legs under her, and other times gets on her hands and feet but can't actually move anywhere yet! I know what you mean about them moving being a blessing in disguise - it means hopefully my DH will start picking up after himself and closing cupboards/drawers/doors. I don't know why it is so difficult, but he doesn't usually seem able to do these things!

sue - you must be so excited about your weeked away, yay!! I hope you enjoy yourself - not long to go! Sorry to hear that DD is sick, I hope she gets better soon.

Jacqui - we haven't heard from you in a while. How are you??

Well, DD is still waking up at least once a night, sometimes a few times, but she is still much better than she used to be. She can put herself to sleep now, so it is much easier for me. She is a little sniffly today so I hope she isn't coming down with something. I am loving being a mum so much right now. She cracks me up all the time - she's always laughing and smiling about something and she has the most hilarious little belly laugh - I love her to bits!

Hi to everyone else. What is everyone up to for fathers day?

Bun xx

Bun - love your ticker.. hehe, so cute.
    ah yes, men cant shut doors, pick up things

looks like bubs are getting sick... so sad..

hi everyone, my bubba is sick. She has bronchiolitis it is viral so we just have to wait it out she has had a temperature for the last 3 days a yucky cough and is loving having mummy cuddles. She is not having much to drink as is not at all interested in her food poor bubba

bbl

oh sue...

so sorry to hear sophie's sick... has the dr, given her smthing?

Hi Prama,
    No because its viral there is nothing much to do except give panadol for her temperature. Her cough is slightly better today she sounds like a cat purring when she breathes, her oxygen levels were good at the doctors so I just have to keep an eye on her breathing and if she gets worse I take her into emergency. ( i think we are past the worst) Her sleep/eat cycles are all out the window, but hopefully we get back on track soon. I was up four times overnight with her and haven't slept much b/c she is coughing

DD isn't at all interested in solids unless she puts them in her mouth. I have been giving her porridge in the morning which she will have about 3 teaspoons of , but that is about all she is interested in. I think I will hold off until she is a bit better and then try again more along the Baby led solids path.

Hope everyone is well
    Sue

ps Only 8 sleeps to go!

sue - glad sophie's cough is better, how was she doing today? is she sleeping better... poor bubba....
    darn this viral infection that's going around.
    xoxoo

Hi girls and babies,

It's been a while since we've posted - life has been so busy!! We're all well, Amelie is now 6 months and a week. Rolling has started slowly, solids are going ok. Sleep is just awful but it's been like that for 3 months now.

She's not slept longer than 3 hours in a row since she was 12 weeks old. So i'm pretty exhausted all the time. Plus running around after a toddler means no chance to rest during the day!

Typically, Amelie will wake about 3 times a night although last week, there were a couple of nights where she woke 6 -7 times. getting her back to sleep is easy - I nurse her and she's off within mins - but my DH can't seem to get to her go back to sleep.

At the moment, i'm all out of options and I know she'll grow out of it....eventually....I'm not going to even think about CC as the idea horrifies me.

Not sure if i've even posted since we returned from our month trip to the UK. It all went really well, lots of learning experiences - night flights definitely the way to go! We've been busy recently with trips to the snow - it was fun seeing Sarina (2 yr old) playing with snowballs and tobogganing. And a weekend away on the Great ocean road for a wedding.

Looking forward to staying home this weekend and not packing the car again!

Sorry for lack of personals - hope you're all doing well and looking forward to a great Father's day.

roya - sorry to hear you are having to get up at night so often, that must be so tiring with a toddler to run around after during the day as well. I hope the sleeping gets better soon. And yay on the rolling! It sounds like you had a great time in the snow.

sue - poor DD, I hope she gets better soon. A bub at mothers group got really bad bronchiolitis and ended up in hossy for a week so I know how serious it can be. I hope she recovers soon, the poor little chicken. My DD is also not interested in solids unless she feeds herself and it is such a mess. Sometimes the only way I can get her to eat anything is by giving her a milk arrowroot and shoving the food in everytime she opens her mouth, or else putting a spoonful on the biscuit and she will then lick it off. It is so ridiculous and can take up to an hour to feed her each time, but I still perservere twice a day. What is infant led feeding? I am asking cos I took her to the health nurse the other day and she said I am BFing too often and should giver her less milk and she will then eat more. I only BF 5 times a day and one is a night feed, and if I fed her any less she would be starving! I always try to give her solids first so I know that she is hungry but she is just not that interested in them. Now I feel like I am doing something wrong (plus DD has gone from being in the 70th percentile in weight to now just under the 50th in the last 2 months) so it has rocked me a bit. I felt like saying to her 'Here's the baby, here's some food, YOU try to feed her!!'.

Bun- I hate these health professionals who tell you things and make you feel bad. Those charts with percentiles were modelled on FF babies I do believe. I have since read that BF babies tend to put the wait on quickly in the first few months then they plateau out a bit. You are doing a great job with Catherine. We are doing 5 feeds a day here too. I wrote a topic in the BF section the other day asking how many feeds we should do and the response I got was 6-7 feeds a day. Who do we believe! I reckon as long as Catherine is happy then you as her mother knows best.
    The baby led stuff is giving them finger foods like really soft carrots, toast, overcooked pasta etc and they then feed themselves and they take the lead.
    And how messy does arrowroot biscuits get! Amber gets it everywhere!

Oh cant remember if i shared this or not but a friend gave me a recipe for "home made" rusks. I now do them for Amber and she loves them.
    Get a really fresh piece of bread. Cut the crusts off. Spread with vegemite and roll up tightly. Give it a good squash and then put in the microwave for about 50 secs until it is a little hard. The rusk will set while it cools down. Then give to the baby. Smells good too!

Roya- Hopefully Amelie will settle down and allow you to get a full nights sleep.

Sue- I hope Sophie gets better very soon. Damn these viral infections.

Have a happy weekend girls.

bun - sorry hun..
    i was told the other way round a few times, give them milk first and then solids and they need milk more than solids, and solids just as a taster. but then when i told his paed that he's more into solids than milk (i have the opposite problem to you) he said give him solids then milk. do what you feel is right. i was confused and stressed and now im just doing solids first and then milk. if you feel she needs milk first then do that. or do milk, solids, milk, tho then it seems you're constantly feeding...

dont worry about catherine not diving into solids, from what ive read, they will in time. robin barker's baby love suggests stopping for a few days and hten starting again.
    does she take baby cereal or pumpkin? lakshman seems to like those more, i gave him fish with potatoes and carrot, he cried and cried and threw it all up. he seems to only want to eat sweet stuff.

percentile charts - i hate them so much. lakshman is only 10%. he's no where moving up.
    i dunno how they think babies will constantly follow the graph. our weight fluctuates up and down. why do they need for us to worry about the chart, just making sure bubs are eating and drinking well enough is hard, let alone worry where they are...

poopy's having about 4-5 milk feeds. he has ff and bf. paed said w solids 4 feeds is normal.

jj - thanks for the recipe!
    do you give rusks once htey have teeth or can you even before the teeth come out?

Prama- Amber doesnt have any teeth and I give these rusks to her and she just sort of gnaws it down. She enjoys them.

it would be nice if the health professionals are uniform in their advice. that way we would stop all that confusion. We tried tuna and rice the other day. She seemed to like it a little bit. I guess we just keep trying new things.

thanks jj - i just took it out of the microwave. im waiting for the rusk to set. do you give it anytime between meals?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast