Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008

Hi, a quick post before bed!
    Jacki-- with previous bubs they fed then had a play and then slept for 40 mins and then awake and then fed after about half hour awake. Very tiring for me and grumpy overtired bubs by end of day. Both boys!
    This bub I feed from one side, let her have a little play kick on mat, then within the hour of starting feed try her on same side again (hind milk has more calories apparently) after feed into bed. She may have a go at the other side but at the moment she is quite happy to feed from the one side. Towards evening she does feed from both sides and I feel like a cow as I seem to just have her at the breast for an hour an a half to two hours.

Prama -- hi, I just let her feed until she takes herself off usually about 20mins, then change nappy have some tummy time play time and within hour or so offer same side again, she usually feeds for another 10mins or so and then usually drops off to sleep again. We are very lucky and as I said to Jacki my boys were very different.

Hope everyone has a good night

Sue

Grunting, groaning, moaning, grizzling etc etc etc ...........................

I think I have the noisiest bubs in the world. He rarely ever crys (unless I don't hear him when he is stirring for a feed and he gets a bit impatient but he makes so much noise.

He does it in his sleep (I assume in certain stages of sleep cycle), when he is stiring from a sleep/waking, also when he finishes feeding and I am about to try to burb him, sometimes when he is pooping (not always), sometimes when I am trying to settle him to sleep. Its like he is uncomfortable and unhappy or frustrated but he isn't, he is pretty happy. Especially when he is sleeping I go and check on him with all the noises and he is just lying there.

Is anyone else's bubs like this ?? I assume it is all quite normal but just wanted to run it past you all for a bit of piece of mind.

Sorry, personnals later. Have small window of opportunity do quick post, eat dinner, shower then time for feeding again

Thanks ladies
    xxJac

Thanks Sue - Laxman feeds and then detaches himself and then starts to cry and want more and waves his arms everywhere it's so hard to get him to latch on. Repeat this several times! He also turns his head the wrong way. He's like an octopus.

Jacki - same here, his voice is getting louder and he seems to cry for no reason, and it gets louder and louder and soon as we pick him up he shuts up. Didnt they say they cant manipulate at this stage?

Also I read in Kaz Cooke's Kid Wrangling (had a few minutes!) and she said eating chocolate isnt good when bf as it can upset their stomach. I was wondering abt hot chocolate or Ovaltine/Milo etc? Does anyone know?
    I have it in the middle of the night so I dont get too hungry...

Jacki - all that baby noise is totally normal. You should hear DD at night - it cracks me up! The grizzling, grunting, moaning, etc, they are such noisy little creatures! So glad to hear your DS gets leg tremors too, I was getting really worried. DD only does it in one leg when she's stretching every so often, but I can't help but worry about everything! Thanks for your comments re mothering - I hope I am doing a good job! We have also just left the shops when DD needed a feed. I prefer to wait til we get home and then feed her, but then she screams all the way home, so I am not sure what's better! Re changing bub - I do it half way through a feed as it wakes her up a little to take the second boob, and then by the time she is finished she is usually a bit sleepy again.

prama - I would die without my choc fix everyday! I have heard that about choc too, but I have a milo everyday and DD seems ok. I was told not to do any hard exercise or tummy exercises for 6 weeks so will get into some exercise (other than walking) in a couple of weeks or so. It's hard not being able to exercise when you want to get rid of the belly! I am going to start swimming classes with DD, I think it will be fun!

jen - thanks for your comments re DH and me. We seem ok today. Thankfully mum can help out if we need it. How are you and DD going?

2 please - sorry to hear about your c section infection. I hope it clears up soon. That camera is fantastic, hey! We have taken some great photos of DD with it, so glad DH nagged me for ages to get it! Expensive, but well worth it!

carley - that's a great weight gain! I love your comment about pickling him so he stays small! I feel the same way! I have only had to BF in public once and there was a parents room to do it in, so it wasn't too bad. I am not looking forward to having to do it openly - it's ok at friend's places, but it's a bit daunting feeding in the middle of a shopping centre or something. It's good to hear that it's normal for DH and I to be having some fights. Hopefully soon things will get better, it is certainly a big change in our lives.

sueby - thanks for your reassurance re DH and I. We can't wait til she smiles - then hopefully her daddy will be totally besotted!

Hi to everyone else. Must go feed the little one...

Well ladies, I am back. I was discharged from hospital on Friday, but ws given the option of staying another day since my c section has gotten infected! Am on 2 types of heavy duty antibiotics in a bid to clear it up.
    It has taken me 2 hours to get that little bit of news typed, and so now I am going to go and have a sleep before the big kids wake up. They are driving me insane constantly touching and kissing and wanting to hold Ben. Have had to make a rule that no one comes near me when I am feeding him as it distracts me too much.
    Will update more later once my brain has lost this mushy feeling.
    Sleep vibes to all the babies!

Jacki - Jasper makes the same noises when he is about to wake up, he only cries when I leave him too long. It took me a while to get used to, but now it is like a gentle alarmclock as it starts appr. half hour before he wakes totally. Enough time for me to slowly wake up and get ready.

I have a question for the girls that are expresssing; what brand is best and is manual enough or is electric better? I am thinking in starting expressing so I can build up my supply and slowly wean myself of the Motilium. Also which brand bottles compliment breastfeeding best?

Sorry, no time for personals; Jasper has a pain in the tummy and is a bit grizzly. He just had a nice warm bath, but that didn't work. Will have to get back to massaging... Next time better! Have a good night everyone!

Just quickly..

Esme, I use the Medela Swing pump, its electric and works really well, you can adjust the pump, so make it suck stronger if you needs be..the bottles I am using are the new Tommee Tippee ones, the ones that look like a big nipple..lol...they seem to work okay here for bubs so far!

Jenjams, I have been stalking that Increase supply thread too..lol...went and brought two times of the Activate yesterday and have had two cups so far today, not too sure if its working just yet though..lol..

Kirsten, Welcome home!!!

Jacki, yup totally normal....Noah makes some doozy of sounds some nights, wakes both DH and I up...lol..

Prama, I am just doing the pelvic floor exercises and the "sucking my tummy in" too..nothing too strenuous here just yet!

Karlie, I hope the antibiotics are working and the infection is clearing up!!

Carley, how is Emily today? Noah has been like Lysander too lately, just these past two days, wont sleep after a feed and is happy to just lie in your arms..not too sure what he is up to, but hopefully it passes soon!

Sorry that I have missed people!!!

Esme - I've rented the Ameda electric pump from the hossy. I also bought a pump on ebay, which i havent used yet.

Minky - would you mind posting the link to that increase supply thread? I got Akivate too but then since the nurse said chocolate is bad for bub, I got worried that it might be too. I'll ask her tomorrow.

kirsten - so sorry abt the infection, hope it's not causing you too much grief and it clears up. xoxoxo

Bub's been mucousy, we waved some eucalyptus oil under his nose, it's supposed to help clear up. Will ask nurse tomorrow too!

I hope the saggy tummy goes away.. feels a bit weird having that!
    I'm doing pelvic exercises and short walks. I also have to do some stomach exercises cos I had abdominal muscle separation during my pg.

Oh, I have another question - sorry, Ihave many of these
    What;s the best way to trim bub's finger nails? i attempted to nibble on them but Im scared I'll bite too much.

Sorry for the short personals, will be back. xoxoxoox

Hi everyone!

Well we have settled in a bit more here at home with Jordan. I'm breastfeeding however have been using a nipple shield but today he sucked a little without it so hoping I can work on that and wean him off them soon. Overnight I feed him around 630pm (both sides), then again around 10pm, but we have trouble getting him off to sleep properly until midnight usually! Then, he stirs at around 3am and then not again until 630 or 730am.

Still not sure when I should do his nappy changes because he often will be wet before I feed, so I change it, then halfway through, or after we settle him into bed, he has wet or pooped again, so by the time I change it, he is wide awake and won't settle!

We had a friend who is a photographer pop over and take a heap of photos today, will do some nudie black and white ones once his belly button is all healed too.

Anyone have stitches? Mine are killing, I have 20 both in and out and sitting down is still very much painful even with panadol.

Hope everyone is coping well, I'm just kicking back watching So you think you can Dance while he is asleep!

Roquen - I'm still using a nipple shield, it still hurts too much to go without.

I had stitches, 6 i think. It was really sore the first week, sitting down, in the toilet as everything was swollen, etc. It's been 2 weeks and it almost doesnt hurt now.

Laxman feeds every 3 hrs on the boob for abt 40mins w the nipple shield, and then he has some formula, cos i still havent got much milk. how long does Jordon suckle for? I'm going to talk to the nurse again tomorrow.

Hi Prama,

So glad to hear you are still BF! At the moment he has just started going for 15 mins per side, and sometimes 30 mins later a 5 min top up from one side if he gets a bit unsettled. I have a big supply so he gets a lot in even 10 mins sometimes.

does he just stop when finished?

Yeah he usually just passes out and takes his mouth off, so I sit him up to burp him and if he stays asleep I don't offer him again as not much wakes him once he is milk drunk lol

Ah ok.
    Laxman falls asleep, but as soon as he detaches he searches for the nipple again. after 40mins, he's still hungry. because i think im giving so little, we top up w formula and that satisfies him. im going to follow up with the nurse again tomorrow. I dont know if i should just continue feeding him, but that could take a very very long time..

Just a quick note before bed,
    Our sleepy baby didn't last and she fed 3hourly all night and most of today! Hopefully she is having a growth spurt.
    Well hopefully everyone has a good night --I am a bit nervous about tomorrow as my DH goes back to work we will see how we go!
    Have a good night everyone
    Sue

Ooooooo Kirsten - sorry to hear about the infection. Hopefully antibiotics will clear it up really quick.

Esme - I have a Medala mini electric pump. Just starting pumping yesterday so have no idea what I am doing. Using Avent bottles.

Thanks for all your feed back on the noises.

Hi everyone, just introducing myself i am from the March belly buddies but bubs snuck in on the 29th Feb at 11.20pm. Her name is Summer, she is my 4th little Princess, hope to get to know you all.

Hi Sweatheart!!!!!!

YAAYYYY So glad to see you here!!!
    Hurray!!!

Welcome Welcome!!!!!

Hope you and little Summer's doing well.. cant wait for piccies!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast