Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy79 View Post
    I have to go out at 11, so needed to fit in a shower. Lucky I managed it! I don't know how you ladies with 2 (or more) kids do it!
    I don't know either most days!

Only a quick one from me today. After Ben having a bad night on Mon night and Jared having a great night, it was a bit the other way around last night. J was up twice for a feed which he hasn't done for weeks and weeks. Maybe it's after his vax. Anyway, I'm a bit buggered. They're both up now though so I must go and attend to them.

Hope you're all keeping cool in this heat

I don't know how you ladies with 2 (or more) kids do it!
    Ah you do it 'cos you just have too! I was thinking today that when you have 1, you think it is hard and it is 'cos it's such an adjustment having a child, then when you have 2 you think that having one was easy 'cos you are adjusting to another child, and now I have 3 I think it's hard but I bet if I had 4 I'd think that having 3 was not so tough. It's just a constant changing thing and everyone is doing a fab job no matter how many kids we have

Anyway Henry has been really out of sorts after vax. Was a nightmare yesterday and I couldn't put him down. Poor fella. Gave him panadol too but he threw that up. I hate vax!!!!

Runner - will try and get to the post office this weekend. That's my aim!

Hey girls.

Do any of you girls have trouble keeping your babies wrapped up tightly? Ava always gets out of her muslin wraps so I can't use them anymore she's too strong and fights them! I've tried keeping one arm out or two arms out and she still fights it. I have to put her in her miracle blanket wrap (its cotton) (Jo you've got one too I remember u said) as she can't get out of it!!! LOL but then she gets too hot.... any ideas??
    She won't sleep unwrapped - tried that. I plan to keep swaddling her until she's 4mths old anyway or until she protests badly enough!

Ava was weighed today! Is now 4690g!!! She's put on 300g in a week!! Mainly breastfeeding too so i'm really happy with that.... not doing top ups anymore unless really needed and she hardly asks for it. I'm off the Motillium and Fenugreek too!!!
    We've had some lovely smiles and coo's from Miss Ava lately it's soooo cute!!!!

Ava won't sleep today.... we were out this morning and this arvo the annoying neighbours have been mowing and gardening so she's been wide awake arrrghhh!!

Soph & Disgirl - hope your lil men are better tomorrow!!
    Gypsy & Gill -same here. My boobs aren't really full much unless i'm expressing too much and then overnight they explode LOL but there is plenty of milk there so i know all is good. It's normal by about week 6 i think your boobs settle down. Be awful to have a full feeling all the time....
    Me-lisa - good luck tomorrow with her needles!

Gotta go! DD is calling again.....

Im at my wits end.....Nixon slept so well last night,then this morning down in 5 mins asleep.i vacuumed and mde noise and he slept through the lot,then after an hour and fifteen hes awake(that was 1130am this morning)hes hardly been back to sleep...took him car slept and hour and 3/4,then to grandmas on and off half hour here n there but no solid sleeps....usually he exhausted n sleep but no,came home he had bottle bath and bought a miracle blanket(bloody miracle to figure out)then put him to bed and nooooooooooooooooooo he wont have a bar of it,,,,i dunno what the hell has happened but hes gone from being sooooo good sleeper n settling to the devils spawn(i shouldnt say that its not nice)i rang sleep school again,hell i cant even get a return phone call til april 17...i have to contact my MCHN to get me in earlier as i really dont think i can last much longer if he keeps this up....
    i wonder if it was the trip away as he was real good on holidays or its his tummy ache...growth spurt,ive tried every damn thing,hes just obsessed with dummy atm,never like this i wonder if its cos he was ill...he should be over the worst of it,last nyt he went straight to bed...ive left DH to get him to sleep tonight as im a mess.
    DH goes back to work next week and i really dunno how ill cope if Nixon doesnt sort himself out...grrrrr

JO- dont be surprised if i ring u if it all gets too much,,ill give it a few days to see if it irons out...
    anyway im off,need a panadol,a stiff drink and some sleep
    cheers bon

soph - thanks soo soo soo much again for posting the miracle wrap - i cannot wait to try it out, I hope it works on Amara....

Ren - yes, I am saying this because Amara is also getting out of her other wraps and it is waking her up - especailly in the early morning hours of about 5 am ... very annoying but our babies are so strong!

Soniebon - you sound like you are having a tough time - it is SO normal (but NOT wanted!!) that babies go through these unsettled periods - I feel like you many days, where I just don't want the job anymore....want so time off, just a day, but cannot because we are their mums, and when breastfeeding, you cannot even get away for an afternoon or night (I have not tried a bottle of expressed milk yet on Amara).

Jo - how is the Zantac working on your little one??? Any improvements?? I think Amara may have less Reflux but now more gas...........ahhh...

Hello everyone!

Bon: Hang in there...it gets better. Try to relax (easier said than done I know) as Nixon will pick up on your anxiety and this makes things worse, as you probably already know. How many bottles is Nixon taking in a day and how much formula do you make up? Does Nixon finish the whole bottle?

Ren: This probably sounds stupid but have you tried dressing Ava down so that she doesn't get too hot in her wrap, I'm sure you have. I live at Caboolture (past Redcliffe) and Dash wears a short-sleeve one-piece and is wrapped in a cotton wrap (but only at night - he is unwrapped during the day). So glad that Ava is putting on weight nicely, what a good girl.

Dis, Soph and Runner: I agree about having more than one....you just do it because you love being a mum! I know that I am going back to work at the end of August so I am trying to enjoy every moment, as hard as it is some days lol.

BTW: I managed to get half of DD's "business" on the toilet today (well, the potty because she is too little for the big toilet and is still a bit afraid....not pushing). She is really getting the hang of it!! It means that I won't be going away at Easter as planned because I am not going to take ten steps backwards when we are on a roll. DH will go on his own with friends. I think secretly he will have a great time - he works hard and deserves a little 'me' time.

Oh imagine.....only one in nappies (hopefully)....what bliss!!!!! BUT still a long way to go!!

Well, as for Dash, he's still my little man. He really is no trouble at all (vomit and all lol). Just love him to bits.

Just popped in to catch up. And to shout from the rooftops Fin Slept from 8-6 Yeah!!!!
    On a lower note we had our vacinations on Tuesday, The Look I got was of pure shock and distress he then cried unconsolable. It was terrible. DH is taking him next time

Must run

Snoochie Boochies

hi all

Todays a better day.someone eating n sleeping a lot better,however the dummy is the bane of my existance,i made him go sleep without it and so far so good today...last nyt had a few probs but due to overtired n stimulation,once asleep all good,nuthin some hugs from mum wont fix as he been sick and now i have it.
    Nixon woke at 630am for feed,he hasnt been having full bottle since sick but last 24 hours is during the day,dreamfeed and nytfeed he has what he wants and then zonks out again...i was laying in with him at 630am and felt the queazy tummy,mass headace and a hot stinky poop(sorry tmi hehe)then i knew sumhtin up,dh made me go in my bed he got in with nixon at 7am and we all slept til 10am.....sleep in was about 8 weeks overdue and we are all human again,amazing what sleep will do??
    i still rang sleep school as im wanting to get this im not sleeping issues and settling totally ironed out,im cutting the dummy use too as this seems to be a cause of his sleep issues as he wants it to go sleep then he cant keep it in his gob then cries for it,have tried different sizes dummies n shapes,,,i mentioned to kimbaz that i think too he might be tongue tied,they mentioned it as hospital when he born but havent heard much more...
    anyway im off to take my sick sorry a$$ tot he shower and force myself up.
    todays a better day and it can only get better'
    p.s the miracle blanket rocks!!!!!!!!!! even houdinis child couldnt get outta that
    bon

Mel A - 8pm until 6am is wonderful for a 2 month old bubba - Is Fin breastfeed?

My little girl is sleeping consistantly from 7.30/8pm until 2am which is wonderful since only 2 weeks ago she was sleeping 7.30 until about 11.30...and then would breastfeed again at about 3am....so she has cut down to only 1 feed a night, and I feel that extra little time is enough not to feel overly tired (well, some days!)

I think, I think the Zantac is working.......but I don't want to speak too soon.

Soniebon - so so so happy your day was/is better - you deserve it!

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr keep losing my posts! Last one was long too! ok will try and remember....

Bon - you are doing a fab job, try not to stress. Our babies are still so young and there will be days when their 'routine' just doesn't work. Remember that they haven't read the books themselves either!

Runner - finally got to post office today - should get wrap by Monday. Hope it works!

Orange - gotta love TT! Tough eh? Ned thankfully decided to train himself while i was in hospital with H!

Had the morning with my boys, had a long walk to and from Kinder and planted out the herb garden, yay!

Can you believe I met a woman yesterday at the park with a Lucie, Ned and Henry too? And she had another daughter Alice which was one of our girls names we had picked too. Creepy eh? She said there was another woman in Melbourne with the same 3 childrens names too. I know of someone in Tassie with a Lucy and Ned too and have also met other mums at the park with a Lucy and Henry and the other with a Ned and Henry. Freaky or what????

OMG Soph, that is SO freaky!!!!

Just another quick one from me as DH had dinner ready

Ben is covered in hives. Poor bugger. Don't know what from, he has so many allergies it could be anything. J has been a bit unsettled today, but not too bad. We had an awesome night last night. Six hours from Jared and then five hours. Ben had a great night too so I am one rested mummy.

Had my second session at the gym today. I'm so unfit, but it feels GREAT to get out and exercising!

just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to you Soph for sending the miracle blanket!!!

Oh no!! Ava was sleeping so soundly for the last 30mins and some d*ckhead just screeched their tyres outside our house down the street and now she's crying
    obviously frightened her..... the world could do without d*ckheads.

Soph - now THAT's weird! What a coincidence!!!!
    Runner - well done on Amara's sleeping! That's fantastic only 1 feed now.
    Bon - the miracle blanket is awesome hey!!!! Ava can't get out of her's no way..... it's a straight jacket for babies hehehe
    Dis - poor Ben! I hope he's better soon. sounds awful....
    Orange - yeah i have tried dressing her down but if she's not wrapped she moves her arms and legs all over the place and wacks herself in the face and then cries cos she wakes herself up! i try half wrapping her too. some days shes ok other days its hard.

Was going to type more but I have an upset baby who wants her Mummy..... Daddy tried settling her and no good she wants Mum .... gotta go!!!! i think its time for booby juice again!!!

Just a quick one from me to brag that Max slept 8 hours straight last night, from 10.15 to 6.15!!!! Until now he hasn't done it again since I bragged last time about him sleeping through, which was over 2 weeks ago I think.

Hopefully he keeps it up this time!

Ren - Hope Ava went down again easily for you.

No worries Runner - hope Amara enjoys!

Off to playschool concert this morning with the 3 rugrats....Typical though, H has just gone down for a sleep! Ah well the joys of being child #3

Soph - have fun at the concert!!! That's the same as A.... she just went down and now I need to get out of the house to take the dog to the kennel as we're away this weekend..... ugh!! I don't like waking her.... at least she'll sleep in the car for me.
    Will Henry sleep for you in the car? I s'pose the other kids will wake him!

Have a great day girls! I have to pack for Sydney we're going away this weekend.... looking forward to a mini-holiday!!! If i was staying longer in Sydney, I'd have organised to catch up with a few of you Sydney girls..... but I won't have time!

Had another great sleep last night. Ava has been 'sleeping thru' (5hrs or more) for the last 3 weeks i'm soooo happy with how it's going. I don't mind so much she doesn't sleep during the day much as long as she sleeps well at night!!!!

Got my new hug-a-bub this morning delivered YAY!!!

hi everyone!

Ren - is your hug-a-bub a sling? thought you had one already.

everything going a bit better here - amara obviously needed the Zantac as she is settling MUCH better. I hope that is what it is anyway!

Jo - how is your little one? the Zantac working for him?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast