Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

heya all been ages since i've posted in here been very busy like the rest of you.

Sounds like everyone is going really well, wow at those who have joined gyms and are out running and stuff i'm impressed lol i'm lucky if i go for a walk.....curse my laziness.

Also sounds like lots of bubs have reflux issues R is on zantac and mylanta as well and omg the gas and the poop i swear he poops 10 times a day, lol we wanted to go cloth but poop all liquid so leaks everywhere my pead said not to use gaviscon cause it can constipate but im thinking might not be such a bad thing has anyone tried both gaviscon and mylanta and found one better?

Ren: did i read somewhere that you have a hammock for Ava? if so do u like it and how long do you think you could use it for?

R hates his cot but is to big for the bassinett so sleeps with us atm but it would be nice to have the bed back sometimes

have fun all little man just woke up and is farting away merrily lol TMI sorry

Hi all,

Well Emily had her vaccinations (and I had my whooping cough too) and she is actually doing better than before. They did say a side effect was drowsiness and I can certainly say she is sleeping a lot more during the day and amazingly she is actually going down wide awake and settling herself off to sleep even with a little bit of crying I am not sure what it is we have done as still using rainforest music, putting on side, patting when needed but whatever it is it is working.

I am a little worried that she is not eating enough as she keeps falling asleep at the breast and I keep trying to wake her up and she eventually has a reasonable amount from each breast but nothing like before. It has only been the past week so cannot blame the vaccinations and can't tell whether it is impacting weight yet but she was 5.2kg at doctors (5.4kg at clinic the day before after a feed..not sure if scales were out) so she is a healthy weight at the moment. Anyway will keep an eye on it.

We are off for two weeks tomorrow morning so I won't be around so hope everyone has a great two weeks.

Ahh gotta go feed the bubba think she is waking up earlier (30 mins) as she is not having enough.

Me-Lisa, don't forget that our bubs get better at feeding too, so Emily might not be on for as long, but she might be getting just as much as before, or even more

Ren, enjoy your HAB, I LOVE mine

Runner, the HAB is a pouch more than a sling. It's fantastic as it gives bub head support so you can literally bend right over without it bothering bub

OMG - I can't remember, is 9-10 weeks another growth spurt???? Henry was up 2 hourly last night and v unsettled again today.............

Soph, I don't think it is another growth spurt, but Jared had an unsettled night a few nights ago.

We've had a busy day today. Out in the great outdoors all morning. Both boys avoided sunburn, but not me. Why do I always make sure they're covered in sunscreen and neglect myself?

We had two great nights in a row. 7.5hrs on Friday night and 6hrs last night. That's how much sleep Jared and I got. Ben was apparently up twice last night! I can't believe I didn't hear him!!! DH got up to him though as it was one of his two nights at home. Thank goodness I got two good night's sleep. It makes a world of difference.

Sorry i have been MIA...
    Poor little Nixon had his needles/vaccinations on Friday,he was ok til that night and since then hes been pretty off the poor kid,not feeding much anywhere between 40-100ml and really sookie,even not sleeping well,he sleeps well 1st sleep in the morning then rest of day out of sorts,have had to put him on couch with me the last 2 nyts b4 putting him to bed just to settle..hes had some baby panadol,few friends said to give it to them about half hour b4 u go...hes in his bassinette now snoozing but for how long dunno,last nyt awake every 2 hours or less from 2am,,,had to end up putting him in bed with me,im soooooooooooo exhausted,have had 7 days now of it as he had the virus b4 the needles and now this,im still feeling ewwww as well as my iron n blood pressure still low even after taking supplements.DH goes back to work Wednesday,im stressing as every inch of progress is now undone,even DH is at his wits end,i hope it gets back to normal after this,rang MCHN to get referral to sleep school and some advise on Nixon whilst he like this,do u think they have even returned my call???????? no [email protected]#ken useless..
    Went to friends baby shower today,was there 2 hours and came home as DH had Nixon and that about as much as he could handle...
    anyway im off hes screaming house down again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    chat when i can
    Bon

AVA IS 2 MONTHS OLD TODAY!!!!

We had a great time in Sydney. Got back yesterday arvo!! Ava did really well on the plane (her first flight!!) and I breastfed on take off and landing both times and she was fine! Cried a little on the flight home but nothing much. Mum came on the trip with us and was a big help.

Going to go pick up our dog from the kennels this morning (we missed her!) and then I'll BBL to catch up on personals if I can..... hope everyone is enjoying the start of the week so far.....

hi ladies,
    oh, great - after my hubby creating a lovely ticker for our Amara, now it says that it has been lost due to hardware error........ahh!! well, I will have to be sweet and ask him again to do it. what a hassel.

Ren - first flight for Ava - too cool.....sounds like it all went well - good on ya!

Soniebon - I am so sorry you are still having sleep issues - it reminds me of my first born and you know what? Babies who ARE sleeping well right now, may well have problems later on and vice versa - so there is LOTS of hope for your bubba and I am sure bubba will be a perfect sleeper soon - YES!!! Keep asking for help in the meantime..ring, ring and insist on help!

Jo - still have not heard about your bub and how the Zantac is going...hope all is well.

I am not looking forward to vaccination - due this week or next week at latest...hurts so much to see your little one cry, doesn't it??

My training is going well considering breast feeding, lack of sleep and still the weather can be humid and hot. Did 15kms on Saturday and a hard workout this morning of 45 mins - 20 mins of which was into a strong headwind, pushing it. Will pay off in the end and i love the feeling I get afterwards - makes my day (along with Amara's smiles of course !!).

well, better go.......

Son, I'm sorry you're having a rough time with Nixon. Runner is right, keep asking for help until you get it. It WILL get better too.

Ren, Yay on Ava's first flight. I'd love to go on hols right now. Two under two in a plane is a bit daunting though. I think I'd worry about the other passengers if the boys started playing up. Still, we do plan on taking them to Disney next year sometime, somewhere. Either Japan or US so that's a 10 or 14 hour flight! Forget easing them in with a short flight

Runner, you're so good with your training. Gotta love those endorphins after exercise. I'm already finding I have more energy just from my few visits to the gym already. A healthy, happy mummy leads to a happy baby

We had another good night last night I'm really enjoying my boys at the moment. My mum surprised me with a visit today with one of my nieces who just turned one. Ben enjoyed having his little cousin to play with for a while and I enjoyed having another adult to talk to! My brother, dad and nephew popped in for a while too which was lovely. Thank goodness I'd managed to do some housework in the morning as our house was a disaster after the weekend!

I've been getting a ton of smiles and giggles off Jared. He's a real goo-goo gah-gah baby. A lot more talkative and laughy than Ben was. We have some lovely chats He also absolutely loves looking at himself in the mirror and cracks up every time. Ben has become a lot more interested in J now too and tries to share his cars with J. That's a HUGE thing for my car and train obsessed boy

Hope you're all well!

Son, I'm sorry you're having a rough time with Nixon. Runner is right, keep asking for help until you get it. It WILL get better too.

Ren, Yay on Ava's first flight. I'd love to go on hols right now. Two under two in a plane is a bit daunting though. I think I'd worry about the other passengers if the boys started playing up. Still, we do plan on taking them to Disney next year sometime, somewhere. Either Japan or US so that's a 10 or 14 hour flight! Forget easing them in with a short flight

Runner, you're so good with your training. Gotta love those endorphins after exercise. I'm already finding I have more energy just from my few visits to the gym already. A healthy, happy mummy leads to a happy baby

We had another good night last night I'm really enjoying my boys at the moment. My mum surprised me with a visit today with one of my nieces who just turned one. Ben enjoyed having his little cousin to play with for a while and I enjoyed having another adult to talk to! My brother, dad and nephew popped in for a while too which was lovely. Thank goodness I'd managed to do some housework in the morning as our house was a disaster after the weekend!

I've been getting a ton of smiles and giggles off Jared. He's a real goo-goo gah-gah baby. A lot more talkative and laughy than Ben was. We have some lovely chats He also absolutely loves looking at himself in the mirror and cracks up every time. Ben has become a lot more interested in J now too and tries to share his cars with J. That's a HUGE thing for my car and train obsessed boy

Hope you're all well!

Ava has her needles tomorrow!!!! I'm not looking forward to it at all!!! Eeek.

Runner - I know! I had to change my ticker also. What a hassle!! How's Amara's reflux? Any better?

Bon - sorry to hear of your sleep issues with Nixon. I hope it gets better soon for you. You are doing the right thing just keep persisting it will get better. Babies changing all the time and their routines etc.... just when we think its right then it changes.

Disgirl - aren't giggles and smiles just the best? We've had ALOT of smiles from Ava on the weekend when we were away and my Mum was there to witness them too! It was so gorgeous... we were all crowding around her laughing with her it was so cute. And she coo's alot more now like she's trying to talk back. I let her talk then i talk. then she talks etc... its very cute. hehe

The weather here today is awful!!! DH and I started walking again yesterday and walked for an hour with the pram. Ava wanted to be picked up so DH had to carry her all the way home (30mins) lol while I pushed the empty pram up a big hill!! I'm going to go a different way next time to avoid that hill..... hopefully the weather clears up soon so we can walk again.

I better do some housework before Ava wants a feed, she's stirring in her swing I can hear her.... a minute ago she was asleep!!!

Hi ladies,

been reading up on everyone's posts and we all seem to be doing well

Bon - Don't fret too much about Nixon, i have only just got Ella into some kind of routine (and i still use the term loosely!!) - i agree with runner that things do get better and yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel (even when it feels like its a train coming head on!) - but all jokes aside, our little ones are still getting used to being on the outside, although to us 9-10 weeks seems like a long time, its not really when they have spent 8.5-9 months inside a dark warm cave....anyhoo enuff babbling for me, keep persisting with the sleep school and MCHN - not sure where you live, but i know of a sleep school where you don't need a referral. you call them directly and they speak to you over the phone to ascertain how bad the situation is and then they advise if they can fit you in - they have both day stay and long stay programs. PM me if you would like the details for the website

Ren - the vax are yuckky but over quite quickly - just make sure lots of cuddles and kisses afterwards and the nurse i saw got me to put Ella on the boob straight afterward which helped settle her - then when we got home she was pretty unsettled so i gave her baby panadol which did wonders

hope everyone else is enjoying their babes

Forgot to mention before...... we got a Hug-a-bub on Friday!!!!!!!! About to watch the DVD now so I can actually figure out how to put the thing on and use it!!!! haha
    They are so popular and I can see why.... hopefully will be using mine tomorrow!
    Ava LOVES to be held all the time so it will come in handy and I can get more things done now. The sling we've been using just isn't quite good enough.... feels like she'll fall out of it!

Gill - thanks hun! I hope i'll be able to Bfeed her soon afterwards maybe the nurse will let me stay in the room for 10mins or so after.

Just a quick one from me today to ask does anyone know what the deal is with sleepng through the night. I thought after babies did it once that they continued to sleep through. Well, Max has done it twice, but other nights he will sleep anywhere from 3-6 hours. It's doing my head in a bit!

Gypsy - this is such a common myth...no just because bubba may sleep once or twice 'though the night' they generally do not do it EVERY night until they are about 5 months old (this is for breastfeed babies and may be sooner for formula feed).

Don't let the 'sleeping through the night' thing worry you...I was sick and tired of hearing it from other mums when I had my first born, but then realised that sleeping through meant different things to different mums - may be only 5 hours or they may do it at 8 weeks then not again until 14 weeks and then again at 6 months!!

Just stick with a bedtime routine and understand that babies have such small tummies that they get hungry sooner - as I said, particularly breastfeed babies.

Amara is sleeping from 7.30/8pm until either 1 or 2am - I think this is great, and then feeds, goes back to sleep until 5.30am or 6am - this is NOT sleeping through the night to me but I think it is NORMAL, as she is only 8 weeks old tommorrow!!

hope this makes you feel better - there are many myths around and it is sometimes hard and confusing and frustrating when it is your first baby.

Soph - just wanted to say I got the wrap - it fits Amara wonderfully and she stayed snug all night long!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!

Runner - great! so glad it will go to good use

Gypsy - oh if only that were true!!! As runner said try not to listen too much when heaps of mums say their bubs sleep through - generally they are bending the truth a bit! And i don't want to be the bearer of bad news but often Lucie (3.5) and Ned (2.5) still don't sleep through! Welcome to motherhood. Don't worry though, you soon learn to cope on v little sleep!

Ava only sleeps for about 4-5hrs straight most nights and then wakes hungry. I think that's excellent though considering she's only 8wks old. They get so hungry easily with such little tummies. They say if a baby sleeps 5hrs straight or more then it's called "sleeping through". That's what I've read anyway. Even if she only slept 3hrs straight i'd be happy with that but no less!!!

Ava had her needles today!!! She was so brave.... cried a little bit but the nurse said to breastfed her straight away which I did and she was happy then. Got heaps of cuddles from me and the nurse.. particularly the nurse as she couldn't put her down! I think she would have kept her all day if I hadn't of said I had to go hehehe she kept saying she was an Anne Geddes baby.... cute
    I can agree with that seeing as I am her Mummy!!!! hehe

Better go, Ava is asleep. Hopefully the baby panadol helps. I need to do a few things before she wakes up.

Runner - are you enjoying this beautiful GC weather now? It's much nicer as it's not so hot now hey?? Are you interested in meeting up for morning tea one of these days? Let me know when.

Hope everyone is enjoying their bubs!!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast