Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

quick question for you girls.

Is this happening to anyone else

R is waking up 3 hourly during night again
    Grumpy quite a lot
    biting and chewing on fists and my nipple (ouch)
    keeps spitting out his dummy
    pulling on his ears
    no temp but he has quite a bad dribble rash around his neck

any ideas?

Thanks

wow been busy in here ladies! - won't attempt personals

not much happening with me, had my first mothers group today and only me and two other mums showed up - what the?? - there was apparently meant to be 9 of us, but 3 of mums rang the lady running it to say they couldn't make it and the other 3 just didnt show up..hmm..not really leaving a good impression on me - the other two mums were really nice though and the bubs all similar in age give or take 2 weeks

Mir - could be a growth spurt? - i know when Ella is going through one she is alot more unsettled and reverts back to 2-3 hr feeds as opposed to her normal 4-5hr feeds...maybe see your paed or GP if you're concerned?

mir: sounds like teething to me....even if there are no teeth coming through, they can feel the discomfort of the teeth moving around into position under the gums. Ear pulling and chomping on fists+dribble is a good indication. They don't always get a temp with teeth, DD never did. A friend of mine had a bub born with 2 teeth and 2 other teeth came through by 8 weeks - imagine that! Sounds like it is time for some teething rings lol!

Mir - yeah could be teething? I'm not sure. But get some of those teething rings NOW! just incase... I got another one today ready for when DD needs it.
    It hurts when they bite you! Or should I say "gum" you LOL DD does it to me at times when she's finished a feed instead of just coming off, she "gums" me LOL to let me know!

Gill - sorry to hear the lack of mothers today! You'd think they'd make the effort to get out and meet other mum's! Maybe next week they will show? Glad you met some nice mum's anyway. We had fun today at Mum's group. We're all going for coffee next week afterwards!!!

Orange - you poor thing being in hospital! It's awful having to spend a night in hospi with your child hey? I had to with DD when she was just 3wks old lonely hospital rooms(reflux issues at the time etc, screaming etc) anyway big hugs to you I hope you get some 2nd opinions on your DD's progress. Keep us updated ok.
    And thanks re: the music. Yeah i'm kicking myself though i wish we'd bought the CD weeks ago!! Why didn't we?? LOL its always the way.... again today it worked in the car... oh car trips aren't as stressful anymore YAY YAY YAY!!

Gave DD a massage before her bath this afternoon and she LOVED it!! Giggling and smiling and coo'ing at me!!! I feel bad that I haven't really bothered with many massages up until now.... TBH, the feeding was taking up ALOT of our time initially the first 6-7 weeks as I was expressing, feeding, topping up or settling!!! insane..... anyway more time now... more organised.
    Massages every day now .. here we come!
    Found a couple of books I bought DD today at a book sale... love those QBD & A&R book sales in shopping centres!!! Bargains.....
    I read to DD every day.

Ava's just gone to bed so i'm off.... chat soon ladies!

ps not many people post in here anymore???!?

Morning ladies

Just a quick one from me as i was running late on the dreamfeed tonight so thought i jump on...
    Guess what Nixon slept last night from 7pm til 530am without waking once!!!! he had dreamfeed but didnt wake...then the last 2 days he been having longer daysleeps,we still get the odd catnap but its improved tenfold...after waking at 530am he had a feed and went back down til 8am...
    Went to paed today.she is wrapped with him,hes put on 500grams in 2 weeks,she said the average is 400 and considering he has reflux its good.She wants us to start some solids next month,organic heinz baby purees,rice cereals,farex,pureed bananas pears etc as she thinks it will help with the reflux more,the losec is workign wonderful.And it seems to work better me giving it to him at night.
    REN- thanks for the tip on the cds for the car,hubby puts music on in car but queen and pink arent exactly relaxation for Nixon...lol hes improving in the car but has his moments,when hes tired and in car hes feral,screams his bum off and screams 4 the dummy...
    Runner-love to do japan,esp the cherry blossom festival,id be in my photography element,my brother in laws went twice to japan n loved it,hiroshima is a must see.
    Anyway i better go to bed,cant sleep,am wired and am moving this weekend so the minds tick tick tick,might have to sneak a glass of alcohol,im not breastfeeding so will only affect my braincells and hips...
    nini all

bon

Bon - glad to hear Nixon is on the up - Good luck with the move!

Ren - yeah you would think they would be eager to meet up with other mums?? - Oh well hopefully more show up next week! - Yeah i hear on the posting, seems to have gone quiet in here, guess everyone is busy with their bubbas, especially now as they all seem to be a lot more alert!

Anyone heard from Jo or LMS??

Hey everyone

Just a quick one from me.....

Going to our first ABA meeting tomorrow morning. Am really looking forward to it as topics on the agenda are embryonic development, baby chiropractic, nutrition and a few other things. Will be nice to meet some other Mum's too.

Move into our new place on Fri, moved all the furniture yesterday but going back to clean old house this arvo. Staying with Mum & Dad till then - they don't know what has hit them - DH and I plus Sam and our two dogs. Lucky they have big house and plenty of room. Only for a few days though.

Sam woke me through the night last night for the first time in ages. I think he is starting to teeth and is just a little unsettled with all of the moving going on around him. He fed and went straight back to sleep but was up again at 7am - so that makes me tired today. I bought some organic nursing tea yesterday which I find really calming & relaxing so boiling the jug for one now.

Ren - yes I agree these babies are smarter than we realise. I didn't massage Sam much at first because he seemed so fragile so we didn't really start until around 8 weeks or so. Actually I did massage his legs fromthe beginning but that was it. He loves his massage now. I do it after his evening bath then he usually has a big feed then sleeps nicely (apart from last night). LMAO at Ava's farts at the meeting, I am soooo surprised Sam hasn't done anything like that yet - am waiting for the day. I still find baby farts sooooo cute and amusing.

Bon - that is great paed is happy with Nixon. Wow, solids that will be fun. Drag out your raincoat, lol.

mir - Sam has been doing similar things chomping on fist, dribbling etc. He was sleeping well still until last night but not sure if he woke for other reasons.

I find tummy time (on floor) hard because when Sam first wakes he wants his milk NOW, then I need to wait at least 30-45mins to put him on his tummy or he throws up. By that time he is usually tiring again and patience with tummy time is thin. I don't like to make him do it when he gets upset. We actually do alot of tummy time on our tummies if that makes sense - we lay back on the lounge and lay him on our tummy and he chats with us and loves it. I asked the nurse about it and she said that was acceptable as 'tummy time' so we do lots of that. I agree that it's not as important as some people make out, one lady from that stupid gymparoo place made out that babies who didn't have as much tummy time were always the disruptive ones at school and the ones who had tummy time turn out to be brain surgeons. I think everything in moderation is fine.

hi everyone,
    still a bit sick here with a sinus cold - boy my head really hurts and so tired...

Amara is doing well, I am stil waiting for her to go a little longer at night between feeds, but it will happen. She is getting sooooooo long, we have an appointment for her next week, wil be interesting to see her height and weight. She is wearing size 00 and some 0s too !! She is 11 weeks today, so that is a bit insane. Maybe the clothes have shunk, he, he!!

I have lost about 800g !! cool, but it seems to happen when I am sick, so probably should not get too excitied.

Must fix up my signature, yes...

sorry for no personals, I am thinking of you all heaps!!!

Hi all, Fin and I have been so busy. We just put him in his first 00 cloths, he has such long legs that the 000 were bunching him up. I'm also getting my business up and running designing cards and brochures. Wow the boy has woken up again. I just got through reading all the posts.

I Miss chatting with you lovely ladies every day. Must get more organised. Will be back today to say hi again.

PS I have a Hug a bub too. IT's the best

Hey girls

Mel A: Harley is going into his 00 clothes as well, only some of the 000 fit him now, he is quite long, so I have some shopping ahead of me hehe!

runnermum: Aww hope u are feeling better soon. I also am hoping Harley goes longer between feeds at night, he is back to waking around 2.30/3am after his last feed around 9pm. Can't complain to much!

AJC: The ABA meeting sounds really good, and hope the move goes smoothly, I remember moving when Charlotte was only a couple weeks old. Hope Sam doesn't have to much problems with teething. I'm not looking forward to it!

soniebon: Wow thats a great sleep from Nixon, wish Harley would follow in his footsteps hehe!! Even better that he went back down, if Harley wakes after 5 we find it hard for him to go back down till about 7.30 or 8am!

Ren: Aww I'm glad Ava loved her massage, Harley likes them as well, its a good way to bond! I know how busy u would of been in the first few weeks!! I'm finding now I'm able to do more with Harley.

gill: Thats no good bout ur mothers group, I would love to be part of one, but just hard cos I can't get there due to no car/licence

mir: Yeh sounds like either the beginning of teething (which can go on forever!) or even a growth spurt, hope things are ok

orangefeather: Aww hun thats no good bout ending up in hospital. Hope u get a better 2nd opinion. I'm sure ur beautiful girl is just fine. Hope things are ok now.

Big hellos to all u other lovely ladies...I'm just enjoying the quiet while DD is at day care. She will be home soon. Then hopefully she will have a sleep!! Harley and I went to the doctors this morning and I'm now back on meds for my panic disorder. Hopefully in a few days they have kicked in and I'm feeling better. I had another panic attack last night, was horrible!!

Well I'm gonna head off... hope u and ur bubs are well and will chat again soon!!

Take care
    Deb

AJC - you'll love your ABA meetings! I go to our group when they have the meetings every 2 weeks and we had one today!! Always a lovely bunch of women there to talk to. Very supportive and non-judgemental people. Ava and I had fun going today. It was our fourth meetup! Been going since Ava was 4wks. Today's topic was sleep and settling.
    It's also helped me to stick with the BF'ing with all the problems i've had it could have been easy to give up but I've stuck with it.
    MummyDeb - sorry to hear about your panic attacks. how frightening

I'm really tired sorry girls no chance of doing anymore personals now... i'm going to lie down on the couch while Ava is still sleeping but I can hear her stirring so it will probably only be 5mins then i'll have to get up!!! being a Mummy is such a tiring job isnt it... BUT also the best job

xxx

MummyDeb - sorry to hear about your panic attacks - hope the meds help! - yeah was a pity about the MG but hopefully more mums show up next week - how do you find getting to your MCHN appts without a licence/car?, must be hard for you

Ren - the pic of Ava in your signature is Gorgeous!!

gill: My mum or dad normally drive me if its during the week. DP and I do most our shopping on the weekends. I'm very lucky my parents are only 20mins away and don't mind helping me out, I'm always greatful...will look into the licence thing but atm just gotta get my mental health on track!

Ren: I just love your pic of Ava as well, she is just so adorable!!!

Well I had another attack last night, ended up on the phone to 13Health, spoke to a really lovely nurse.
    Harley has a real big scratch on his face, I'm guessing he did it in his sleep cos wasn't there last night but is there now, well when I fed him last night at 1am... He is just so cute and making all these new noises... I think its my kids that get me thru this horrible panic disorder and my wonderful DP!

Hi guys Sorry, no personals today, we're just back from the hospital and I'm a bit short on time.

Sunday at Ben's party, Jared took a turn for the worse so we headed off to emergency, cutting poor Ben's party short. We were sent to a different hospital with a referral for immediate attention, which we almost got After the pead saw Jared he was admitted right away and put on a special new oxygen machine thingy that they're trialling to replace 'head boxes' (those humidified crib thingys). So that was Sunday... yesterday he was taken off that machine and put on normal oxygen and he came off that last night. He's done really well to recover from the illness (RVS virus which lead to Bronchialitis (sp) ) so quickly, the doctors were rather impressed. He was really ill on Sunday and Monday but the oxygen machine did the trick. The doc also said that he recovered sooner because he was being breastfed and because he was such a big boy for three months - I knew his chunkiness would come in handy some day

Anyway, we're home now. Ben finally got to open up his pressies after his party was called off as soon as the cake was cut - poor boy! I spent my first night away from Ben the night before his birthday, so he woke up without me for only the second time on his birthday! The first time he woke up without me was when Jared was born and I was only gone for 8 hours then.

BTW, DH did a fantastic job while I was gone! I came home to a tidy house and laundry almost up to date! I'm just happy he didn't attempt to do the ironing, that could have ended badly

After four nights in hospital it is SO good to be home!

oh, Di's girl - that sounds terrible but I am so glad you are home now...it must of been scary to see your little darling so sick. The biggest hooray to your hubby - what a difference it makes to have such wonderful support.

Here I am feeling teary because Amara had a terrible night - crying and in pain and really not a clue why. Feeding did not help nor did most of our rocking her in our arms. First thing this morning we took her to the Drs - no ear, throat or chest infection - all OK so we got a urine sample and will look into that.

I was preparing myself for the worse day today. But it has been better than expected and Amara has (and is now) slept and even a few smiles again. The thing I had the most is having NO time for your other child when one is sick. ..I feel so bad for Logan and with his Aspergers, it is even harder for him to comprehend what is going on.

On a good note, Hubby and I bought a Egro Sports Carrier for Amara!! we love to be active (including bush walking) and Logan loves it too, and the carrier will be fantastic for travel in airports, overseas travel and other travels!

better go, my little boy will be home from school any minute now..

Beauitful Ladies,

I read over these first three or so months with all your gorgeous babies and almost get depressed when I realise I could have helped answer questions, asked you ladies questions and shared in the joys :[ I think about you all often and crave the day we can afford a computer/internet. Being so young I dont have many (or any infact) ladies I can share this with so it's easy to feel lonely at times.. BUT so happy to hear your bubs are thriving

My bundle of joy, is the most well behaved, sweet, playful boy I have ever cared for. (I suppose bias plays on this a little hehe) Caiden has been sleeping roughly 10hrs everynight since about 8 weeks and hasnt changed since. He is sleeping alot more during the day atm as he is very obviously having a growth spurt but luckily its not interfering with his night sleep so we are over the moon! He is however, an extreme attention seeker and wants someone staring at him alllllllllllllllllllllll the time which can be extremely frustrating when you want to simply make yourself breakfast or put wahsing on, but realisticly I cannot complain. He smiles smiles smile and is starting to laugh! Trying to roll over but not quite there yet..all in time!

I read alot of talk about the vax, OMG that was awful. I was dreading the day for weeks, I didnt want to intentionally hurt him. Luckily my dp was with me! He did sqwark in pain put feel asleep 1min later haha so it was allllll good. My mum told me to give Caiden some panadol half n hr before the needle and I think it did the trick. Didnt seem to have any discomfort or irratability in the days following. Still not looking forward to the four month vax however...

Well its lovely to be back and talking briefly, please please keep this chat going so when I eventually get back you'll all still be here!

Thinking of you all, take care of yourselves and bub!

Much love xxx

Also!

Where can I read your special birth stories?????

Still writing mine!

xxx

Caiden'smummy, my birth story for Jared is here

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/birt...irth-long.html

I know what it's like to feel lonely. Have you contacted your Community Nurse about a Mother's Group in your area? The girls in Ben's group have been wonderful for me Are you still near Revesby? My sis lives in Revesby and has an 8 month old. I'm sure she'd love to meet a new friend

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast