Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #7

yer it is really quiet in here hey nik! well anythings going to be quiet compared to our belly buddy thread LOL!

its amazing how quick they grow up, Jaylen changes everyday! he has started to cry sometimes when i leave the room for a while, which is cute! and he definently knows the difference between night and day, has quick naps in the daytime, and he was just crying b4, i put the blinds down, and hes fallen asleep already lol!

well i better go, got to finish tidying up the house! been a bit slack lol

Gday Gang!
    I have been MIA for a couple of weeks I think but it feels like forever and Ive missed you all! Seriously! It seems I have so little free time these days but I will endeavour to come on more frequently from now on....

Cant remember who wrote what but I did try to read all the happenings while I was gone.

Celeste isnt rolling yet. I have just started teaching her by helping, since yesterday and she is getting the idea. She really hated tummy time until the last week or so and now she likes it a lot more it is really making her much stronger. She has always had great head control as she likes to be upright, not laying in my arms since very young and I think that helped. I am thinking she has reflux. The wanting to be upright, not liking tummy time, and always being "chucky". It is coming to the point where it is starting to bother her like last night she was waking in her sleep with a pained cry and she had spewed. Poor thing! I am starting her on mylanta tonight to see if that helps.

She is loving kicking her legs too. Especially in the bath. I used to put the bath on the kitchen bench but she splashes too much water on the floor to be safe now so I have to put it in the big bath (kills my back though). Man she loves her baths!!!!

Celeste has eczma too. It is in her elbows and knees and back of her neck. The neck is worse and I think its from spew running back there when lying down. The chemist reckons to just use a barrier cream (zinc and castor oil) to protect the area while it heals. I was using pawpaw like I do on her bum and zits but it wasnt helping.

We had Celeste baptised on Saturday. It was a great day, beautiful service, nice sunny day for a BBQ party at the park afterwards. I made her gown before she was born from material left over from my mum's wedding dress and put ribbons from our wedding on it. She was a real hit with the crowd! hehehe.

Speaking of sewing, I've been busy sewing MCNappies. I got a free pattern off the net and am converting all my flat nappies to fitted ones. Way nicer fit and more absorbent too.

Had to leave Celeste for nearly 9hours last Thursday night. I had to work a shift for DH at my old work. I only did it cause he looked after Celeste and otherwise he would have worked almost 24 hours straight between his 2jobs and I didnt want that. Luckily I had a days notice and a bit of EBM in the freezer so I only had to pump one feed beforehand. I took my pump to work (to ease the pressure) but that was a bit tricky to use between customers! I was busting to see my little girl when I got home at 12.15am and luckily she was ready for a feed too as my boobs were busting also. HEhehehe. AAh its awful leaving them, and really cemented in my mind that I'm not going back to work. Luckily we can almost afford for me to stay home. (we have a very cheap home loan and live in the country where I can walk most places and its cheap to live).

Celeste's sleep patterns are altering again now too. It is tricky keeping up with them hey? I put it partly down to the 3month mark and partly the reflux. Man she only just got over the colic stage and now this!

Been walking every day here and taken Celeste to the pool a couple of times but she has jsut as much fun in the bath and the pool drys her skin out so I dont know that I will bother much now.

Glad to hear everyones bubs are doing quite well, especially little Mat. Thank goodness for that!!!
    Sorry Ive been so slack, will try harder I promise.

Hugs from Saz

Wow Sazz when you post - you really post!! LOL. Glad to hear Celeste is going soo well & starting to enjoy her tummy time too. Jackson doesn't always like it but he's is gradually getting used to it & he's getting stronger now too.

Jess- Yes , I know what you mean by the bubs adjusting to day & night! Jackson is the same - soooo good. Sometimes he only wakes once a night or otherwise he'll just sleep for 8 hrs straight! I really prayed hard for a good sleeper this time around & I got my wish. I've got to go into F/book to & look at some of your piccies of Jaylen!

Nik- 4 mth shots alread! Wow where has the time gone, hey?! A couple of wks time I'll be booking Jackson in to for his. Not looking forward to it either Hate the needles...

Mary - isn't it great when you can start fitting back into your 'normal' clothes again,lol. I'm loving it! I met up with a friend the other day - she's just had her bub, ohhhh! LOL. And she said dont get any smaller will you!! LOL Funny! I've got a box full of clothes I'll be giving away of Jacksons too. No more for us so may as well get rid of them to someone who can use them!

Kate- OMG! 3 wks how did you manage! LOL. Its hard not getting that 'net fix when you want it hey?! U dont realise how much you use it til its gone. That is a long time though!

Maz - hello to you. Glad to hear little Matty is a happy little chappy! I always get a laugh reading your posts! You are so funny at times & one of the most positive minded ppl I know

Jackson is doing really well too- He is such a happy baby & his his daddys laid back temperament! And quite the smiler! Love him to bits of course. And I've found his ticklish spots too which is hilarious. I love hearing him laugh -he was sounding like a hyena the other day when I was giving him a little bounce on one of those big gym balls!

Hello to everyone else those I 'know' & those I dont!

Sazz - dont think I matched you did I?? LOL Oh well I tried!

Carol & Jackson

Hi everyone,

It was very quiet over the weekend, but I skipped yesterday and now have a few novels to catch up on lol.
    Sanders sleeping is all over the place. We went shopping Monday, dh needed a new suit and mil (who was buying the suit as a present for him) decided we should all go and do it during Sanders afternoon nap. Well, usually he falls asleep in the car, but now he kept walking up so he didn;t have a proper nap all day (he usually sleeps for about 2-3 hours). We had a bit of a fight again (mil and me). She just wants to buy everything, which is really sweet of course but hey, he's MY son and I would like to buy something for him as well! He's being christened on Sunday and wearing her old family gown and she's making soup aswell. She asked if we had a longsleeved body and some tights, as it is a very thin gown and the church is pretty cold of course. So I said we didn't yet have that. But before we went on the suit hunt, I bought the body and thights. She actually was really upset that I bought those! She'd wanted to buy them. She really means well, but she reckons it 's all about her sometimes. When she comes over and Sander's asleep she gets miffed that he's sleeping, or when he's about to fall asleep, she start talking to him in a really loud voice, guess she's in desperate need of attention and she's suffering from empty nest syndrome. Worst thing is: she's babysitting him when I have to get to work!

We had the physio over this morning, and Sander needs more tummy time. That will strenghten his neck muscles and help him look both ways. He also overstretches a lot and gets overstimulated easily so we need to cradle him more and lie him on a breastfeeding/bodypillow so he can be on his side and so that he cant overstretch.

He know suffers from exczema and rashes to, poor thing it itches heaps. Have to go to the MCHN tomorrow so I'll ask what to do about his skin and he's getting his 2nd pair of shots, poor thing. Good thing I don't have to get back to work yet this week tho.

Sorry about the lack of personals, I am soooo tired lately, can't remember who wrote what really, babybrain is very active here!

Just hope everyone is doing well and "see" you all later!

Madelon - your MIL sounds EXACTLY like mine. Sometimes I'll buy things for Amy and tell her and she'll say "I've already bought that, you should have just taken the one at my house" and I think "If you'd TOLD me you had bought all this stuff for Amy and were hoarding at your house then I wouldn't have bought it!!!!!". Apparently she's bought Amy clothes and she's got them at her house and hasn't given them to us yet. I don't know whether she's keeping them there so that if she has Amy to mind at her place she can dress her in those clothes or what.....I don't get it. But I'm not leaving Amy at her place for a while yet, especially overnight mainly cos sometimes she gives me the feeling that she thinks Amy is her daughter or something. She's so obsessed. She really does need a life (in the nicest possible way). Amy still gets minded at our house. I know it's nice and all but we're not that broke that we need her to buy EVERYTHING. She was the same before Amy was born. I don't mean to complain but it starts to get a bit weird after a while. Anyway, after all that ramble, I just wanted to say that I TOTALLY understand what you are saying. Seriously your post could have been about my MIL!!

Billy Ocean Guest

OK girls, I'm sorry but I can't keep up. Well, I should say, I can't catch up! So, I'm starting fresh. I've just finished wading through 103 emails and then catching up with facebook. My bum hurts from sitting here.

Maz, so pleased Mateauz is doing ok. Sorry I couldn't chat the other day, I'll give you a call asap.

Nik, sounds like Amy's going great. She's come such a long way. I can't believe we're all at this stage already either!!! Scary!

Mary, I've been doing the same with Billy's clothes. I seem to be putting things away each day that no longer fit. I can't believe it. He had his 12 week check on Monday. He's 5640 (I think - book isn't here) and is 62.1cm. I can't get over how quickly they grow.

bbwish, Billy needs more tummy time too but he hates it with a passion! I felt terrible as I put him on his tummy yesterday and he spewed. When I picked him up it was all over his face. Poor little man!

Carol, yes, 3 weeks was far too long. I've found Billy's ticklish spots too and just love the laugh. It's a real chuckle. He does it every time I take off his top. Then he does this awesome face when I remove his singlet as it goes over his head. It's hilarious! I must try and get a photo or in fact, get some video footage of it!

Sazz, congrats on the baptism. Glad it was great. Billy isn't rolling yet either and he also loves being upright. In fact, he cracks it when he lays down now!

Jess, Billy watches me leave the room too. Sneaky little thing. Sometimes he's crying and I go back in and he spits out his dummy and does this huge smile. Glad your birthday was good too!

Well, I'm starting back at the gym tomorrow. I've only got about 40kg to lose. pmsl!!! Can't wait. Checked out their childcare facilities too - fantastic. It's a YMCA and run by the council so that's good. It's so going to hurt - not only the exercise but leaving BTK with anyone but nanny and poppy! I'll ease myself into that. Mum said she's happy to look after him in the mornings while I go.

Well, as I said, my bum hurts from sitting here. I hope everyone's great and am very much looking forward to catching up with Jen and Tiff on Monday. Anyone else from Melbourne??? Jess, you wanna come up for a drive?

Back later.

x

ps. I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!

HELLO everyone, i went MIA again!!. I dont think i'm going to even try and catch up.

We went to Sea World on Monday and it was a good day out, Chris expected Sophie to be awake all day and said "good luck" to him haha.

Not much to report here Sophie is still sleeping from 8-10pm until 8-9am, she has 4bottles a day 5 sometimes, she cut herself down it had nothing to do with me i just feed her when shes hungry and sometimes still having to wake her at 6hrs. Getting her weighed and measured on Monday we havent had her done since 8weeks just have been busy with family and other stuff, but she doesnt seem to have lost any weight so i havent been concerned. I changed the teats on her bottles to the 3month teats and it takes her 10-15mins MAX to drink her bottles compared to 30-45mins on the 2month teats where she was stuffing around with it and falling asleep and dribbling more than she was drinking.

I'm on SO many forums now its hard to get around everywhere in the time i have while Sophie's sleeping and i dont have washing or ironing to do, but i will endeavour to try REALLY hard to come in here every day or 2nd day even if its just to say hello.

Sorry for the selfish post

saz - yer jaylens started kicking in the bath too, its so cute

carol - thanks 4 looking at my pics, finally got around to putting them on there, facebook confuses me hehe. jay's a real smiler too, i love it !

bbiwish - what an annoying MIL.. glad i havent got 1 hehe, my mums bad enough, wenever she comes over all she does is take him, and when i got her to look after him last weekend, she brought him back n shes like, oh see, i can do it, looking after a baby isnt that hard, ohh i didnt say u couldnt i was just worried lol

nik - about ur MIL too... how damn annoying

kate - welcome back! omg jaylen does that exact thing too, cries when i leave, then spits his dummy out and grins at me when he sees me, AWW hehe
    oh god i need to start going to the gym too...might go see about it this week

jo - i might put jaylen on the 3 month teats too, he takes sooooo long having a bottle

well better go, hes awake!
    xx

Hey Everyone!

Well we arrived at Coffs Harbour this afternoon at the Resort where we'll be getting married. (Yes we have brought up the lap top hehehe). Very nice bungalow style room, very tropical. The wedding is this Saturday so it's come along very fast!
    Bodie was pretty good in the car seeing it was a 5 hour drive. DF just brought a 4wd Landcruiser so we could fit alot of stuff which was great!
    Bodie will be getting his immunisation shots when we get back. 4 months already!

Anyways sorry so short but I have to get going and unpack some things. Going to have a nice spa bath soon! hehe

Wish us luck for Saturday hehe.

Hope your all well.

April & Bodie xo

oh id love to meet up...wish I didnt live in the hicks!
    sounds like everyone is busy being mummies...god thats friggen fantastic!
    April - I cant believe its your weddign this weekend! **** it feels like yesterday you were talking about it being next year!
    WHo is talking aobut needles YUCKO were having them next wednesday and then its physio straight afterwards.
    We finally have joined a play group...its for kids with special needs which is good. We will be able to see the phsyio there aswell whcih will save some $$$$. Tomorrow is the first day...lets see how many of them I can scare pmsl

Kate - when is your friend headig up this way again?

Must eat - made a big pot of chicken noodle soup thats calling me

Billy Ocean Guest

Maz, not sure mate but f*ck him, I'll come up by myself. Men smell bad anyway. pmsl! Good one on the playgroup.

Jo, Billy's exactly the same. Sleeping longer and longer. It's normal they tell me.

April, all the best for Saturday. Lots of photos please.

Gotta run cos there's something on tv I want to watch. As if I don't watch enough already!
    x

April- All the best for Saturday, sounds like its going to be great. I cant wait for Chris & I to get married i'm getting excited just reading about yours haha.

Jess- Yeah Sophie was probably ready 2weeks ago to be changed over to the 3month teats but i didnt want to change her too early. It felt like Sophie was taking forever to drink the bottle.

Kate- yeah i've been told the same its normal for bubs to sleep long. Sophie is still sleeping well during the day plus sleeping long during the night.

Maz- good to see you back popping your head in on us. LOVE your new avator BTW. Glad you've found a playgroup for kids with special needs. Yeah we've all caught the busy mummie bug from you

Hello to everyone else, i hope bubs are being good for you and your getting plenty of rest.

April have a fantastic wedding, and I hope this week leading up to it is relaxing and wonderful too!

Hi to everyone else, too tired to concentrate now, will post more another time!

April, have a great time! Hey, I've been to Coffs Harbour actually, it;s really nice! Good luck with all the last minute preparations and have fun!

Joanne, it's a lot isn't it.... the never ending washing. I am so happy to have like 1 day of per week or so, other days I might have 2-3 loads a day. I save up the ironing tho, do that twice a week.

Kate, today Sander actually didn't mind his tummy time, I got a good tip from the fysio yesterday: prop bubs up on a banana shaped pillow or rolled up towel. He actually enjoyed it this time!

Nik, how do you handle mil? I soo don't wanna seem ungrateful, cause they buy me anything and everything. But on the other hand I am like: hello, I am all grown up and independent! I have my own family now, yes with your son but it is still MY family and you can come over and enjoy us but not take over!

Maz- great that you found a playgroup for bubs, hope he enjoys the interaction with other kids and you get to share experiences!

Sander had his 3 months shot today, he was really brave only cried for a short time. He's been sleeping off the pain. They want me to feed him 4 hourly (he's a demand fed breastfeeder atm), as he chucks up alot. So I made him wait four hours, but by then he was soo hungry and ate so quickly that after that he spewed up EVERYTHING. so than what's the point of making him wait??
    He now weighs 6820 grams and measures 62 cm, still a bit of a chubby bubby.
    He got a referall to the gp for his rash/excema and there might be a problem with 1 of his hips so he needs to get an u/s to check it out.

What am I reading about babies sleeping long hours???? Sander still wakes every 3 hours!!!!!!!! I need the baby sandman!

Well, I am off to see hubby before I go to bed. mmmmmm sleep.
    O and we had a great day today!! It was sooo sunny it got to 25 degrees in the corner of our backyard!!

Hi all
    1 handed typing today so no mega novel from me hehe

Celeste and I have had another cold & she is a bit clingy today. makes it hard to feed the poor thing

Good luck for saturday April! hope you have a blast.

I agree on the washing... I wash at least 1 load a day with cloth nappies + the other stuff. Good thing I love my new machine.

Great news about your play group Maz. Do they do kindergym type stuff there too? Good that you can see the physio there too. Gets pretty costly otherwise I bet.

hey, welcome back kate!!

ooh gotta go placate grumpy snotty Celeste... lots of cuddles today.

April - Have a great day Saturday!! We want pictures

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678