Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #12

Michelle - What are you planning for Alex`s Birthday?

Well I can`t believe Matthew, all of a sudden he`s stopped throwing puzzle pieces around and is actually concentrating hard on doing them until they are all complete

No news from my niece which is good, if she can hold in for a bit longer that`ll be great.

Dee: Its hard, i had the same thing happen, wasnt planning on Mason going till 2ish as luke had, but got a call way earlier at 17mths, but Mason is so full on at home so i knew he would thrive there and has, depends on the child, he loves it though, and its nice to have some time with just Cooper and i as Mason is pretty young as well, but again from older kids playing rough with him, its hard. I think you would enjoy the day with just Adrian though, i know i have, best of luck with your decision anyhow

Thinking of TT, Mason has been yelling quick quick to me yesterday, but didnt realise till after he meant wee, then today he said quick wee wee, but he had already done it, so i guess its a start that he is realising to say when he does, i sit him on the toilet here and there but in no rush, he enjoys sitting there but wont do anything, its all a start though

Hi Girls, Sorry I have been reading and thought that I had posted but obviously not.

Dee, it is a hard call hun. I had Tehya's name down and I was so sure I was ready for her to go, then I just couldn't do it. So I made the decision to send her the week after her 2nd birthday. She coped just fine, the second and third weeks are usually the ones where you get the tears. They seem to realise what is going on by this time, and all of my kids have done it. Still, some weeks, she will have a little sook, not crying, just being clingy, but the girls there are great, and Noah is there with her so...

Do what you feel comfortable with. Personally I think 2 is a great age, but it does depend on the cild. Tehya is a very independant little miss in the first place. She can talk beautifully so is able to communicate her needs and wants to the girls there too. Tehya only goes one day and Noah 2 days. TBH, I would love to get her in 2 days but I just don''t have the spare $$. A shame really, I could do with the extra day's break as this pregnancy progresses. I think a day for just you and Adrian would be nice too.

Great to hear that your niece is going well, wouldn't it be funny if she actually went over now.

Melanie, hope you are doing well hun.

Belinda, Ouchie on poor Mason's hand. Hope that it is healing well. Sounds like he is ready for the TTing to start, right in time for the cold weather. LOL. Tehya has been TTing since Christmas. I honestly thougth she'd be fully done by now. But no. She will go wee's and poo's all day in the potty, if she has no pants on. Put pants on her and thats it. Still, I guess I should be just putting undies on her and not bloody pull ups. Really want her out of nappies and off that bloody bottle and dummy that she won't part with before then. I don't do 2 babies in nappies at once

OK, forgot to update in here too. I am so forgetful lately. I had my scan last Thursday. All was well, I saw my little blob with a nice heartbeat flickering away. The guy seriously only took 5 minutes to do it. I took longer doing my wee afterwards !! Due Date has changed now to 14th December, only 11 days before Christmas. I am so hoping this baby is kind and comes early !!

Trish: great news that all went well at the scan

Well Matthew`s at preschool and I feel lost, it`s so quiet here just with Adrian and myself, even though Adrian is a chatterbox, it`s still very quiet without my into everything Matthew I had a little tear, I was being strong until the lady asked How are you? Anyway I spent 30 minutes there just watching Matthew, he seemed happy playing with a little girl and the lady (Libby) so I said goodbye Matthew Mummy and Adrian are going home now and we`ll be back to pick you up later today, you have a good day playing with Libby and all the children - After all that he wasn`t even interested in Mummy and what she had to say, far too busy playing LOL

He seemed quite excited about going which was great.

Trish - Fantastic news about your little one. How`s Mark accepting it all now he`s had a few weeks for realisation to hit home? Yeah it will be strange now if she goes over.

Belinda - Yay for Mason, I`m hoping now Matthew`s at preschool he may copy the kids and start TTing.

Had Matthew weighed yesterday he`s 14.6kg and 93cms tall
    Last edited by Deejoy17; May 8th, 2007 at 10:59 AM.

Matthew really enjoyed his day yesterday, when I got there he was still sound asleep, totally out to it. I`m finding it really strange being this side of the fence (as in the mother of a child), within time I`ll get use to it but it`s a strange feeling!!

Got a sms this morning to say my niece has been getting a few pains today and baby girl is very quiet.

Hope everyone`s well.

Dee i am having a small party for Alex with some of the girls from BB. I've done most if it with a thomas theme.

Dee, great to hear that Matthew loved his first day. Did you enjoy it ? Your right you will get used to it, eventually. LOL.

Any more news on your niece ? She's around 37 weeks now, yeah ? Hoping that labour and birth is kind to her. Well, as kind as it can be.

Mark is getting used to the idea. He doesn't say alot though, what can he say really.

Michelle, I hope that Alex's party goes of fantastic. Only one more day til his birthday. YAY !!

It's Noah's 5th birthday today. I can't believe he is 5 already. Not doing alot just yet. Mark and I have been very slack at orgainsing him a party. Seem's like he was waiting for me to do it and me him. So we will have a party in a couple of weeks. It's always hard though, the weekend closest to his birthday is Mother's Day.

Tehya has decided to strip off. That kid seriously must not feel the cold. She got naked to go for a wee on the toliet, now she won't get dressed again.

Poor thing, we were laying in bed this morning and she wanted boobie. So I oblige. Anyway, she is sucking and sucking then she takes her mouth off and says, Mummy, were milk go. Poor thing, I think my milk is really dropping since becoming pregnant. We ended up getting up and she has a bottle now.

Hope everyone has a great day. Mine will be a long and busy one. Having my parents over for a birthday dinner for Noah tonight.

Happy Birthday Noah - hope you are having a great day.

Oh poor Tehya and Mummy, you`ve done a great job getting her this far Trish you should be very proud of yourself.

Trish - I did enjoy the day I mopped the floors plus cleaned the bathroom without any interuptions and Adrian slept from 11.15am till 2pm which was very unusual so it was lovely but I did feel lost.

I sms my sister this morning wanting to know what was happening with my niece as I hadn`t heard (I even checked my mobile at 3am this morning expecting news) apparently her pains have all stopped, yes she`s just gone 37 weeks so she has carried bub a lot longer then any of the Dr`s expected and they thought she`d go into labour as soon as the stitch was removed. I feel really sorry for her as her mother is taking over, and even telling her she will not be able to breastfeed, it`s quite sad really. I think she`s going to have to be tough and remind her mother who the mother of the baby is!!!

Michelle - Can`t believe Alex will be 2 tomorrow, it just seems like yesterday they were born.

Adrian is saying car - my Dad told me yesterday that he said car, I thought Dad may have been hearing him wrong but sure enough Adrian was repeating car over and over again this morning. He is so much like Alister it`s incredible, I always knew he was but I had a look at Alisters baby photos and OMG the likeness is incredible, just hope now his personality is different!!

It`s raining a little here today which is nice, Matthew is running around the house saying rain, rain, rain - he gets so excited seeing rain I guess it`s something different which doesn`t happen too often but as I said to Mark at least he knows what rain is

Happy 2nd Bithday Alex

Hope your having a wonderful day and you too Michelle.

I`m having one of those days today, you know the ones that you want to start all over again, I think it started at midnight when Adrian woke and cried continually until 12.45am, nothing would soothe him, think he ended up cryong himself to sleep, poor darling and this morning Matthew has been a right horror, I`m glad I don`t live in suburbia with all my yelling this morning!!!! I`m not usually a yelling person but this morning was one of those mornings I think you all know what I`m talking about.

Mark is also in the bad books LOL

Oh something funny happened this morning, took the boys over to feed the horse as the horse was walking away Matthew yells out Bum, Bum, Bum...... I always taught him bottom not BUM, not sure where he got that from LOL (I have to admit the horse has a very big bum)

Hello? I havent been around for awhile, and I probably wont be back for a while. Having trouble scratching myself these days, and I really want to spend my free time doing nice things like sewing, so there you go.
    Hope you are all well, and kids too.
    We are fine. No major anythings happening here. Hamish is starting to get around a little - commando crawling backwards, and Jenna is closer to TTing which is good.
    Other than that - no news.
    Fi

Happy Birthday for yesterday Noah and today Alex. I hope you survived your busy day Trish and enjot today Michelle.

Must be something blowing up here in the wind Dee, my night and day have been like that too. I'm feeling like a really bad mum today as Jack won't go to sleep for love or money and I'm so tired. Now Tom's awake and I spent the whole time he was asleep (nearly 3 hours) feeding Jack lunch and trying to get him to sleep. Now I'll get nothing done today. GGRR.

Hope everyone else's day is going better.

Oh, and nearly forgot, Jack also hit his head on mine, right at the top of my nose and now I have a monster headache.
    Last edited by MantaRay; May 11th, 2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: add something

Good to see you around Fi. Have been wondering how you guys are going. Sorry to hear that you won't be around. Obviously we aren't entertaining enough Nah, fair enough, little kids keep you plenty busy.

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY ALEX Hope you have a fantastic birthday sweety. Hope you guys had a great day hun.

Melanie, I have had a crap day too. Nothing done and only 10 minutes of in my arm sleep out of Tehya. Not that I planned on doing anything if she slept. Other than trying to have a nana nap myself. No such luck!! Ouchies on your nose hun. I bet Jack's head is just fine too.

Dee, sorry to hear about your crappy day huni. Just think, next week you get another day of just you and Adrian I live for Thursday's. That's pretty bad hey.
    I hope your day got better sweety and that you managed to get a rest.

Like I said, I got nothing done today. Mark should be home soon and he's taking the kids to the park so yay!! I think he wants me to go groceries though. I so do not want to do that.

Going into Sydney tomorrow night to see Pink. It was my Christmas pressie from Mark. Last night he told me of my Mother's Day pressie. A motel room for the night in Sydney for my gf and I. YAY !!!! Got to love that. A full night's sleep. How sad is that. I am looking forward to getting a full nights sleep almost as much as going to Pink. Lat check out of 11am too. And a buffet breakfast. YEAH BABY. Now, to find something for tea.

Thanks everyone for Alex's birthday wishes and Dee thanks for you sms this morning haven't had time to reply.

Alex has had a great day and he looks like he could do with going to bed, will have to keep him up a couple of hours more.
    I can't believe how tired i am from doing a party for him. I wasn't this tired when i had the girls up the day before i had Eleanor and i did nearly all the same things then as well.

Michelle, good to hear that Alex had such a fantastic birthday. I am hearing you on the tiredness too.

I went in and saw Pink on Saturday night in Sydney. Was bloody awesome. We were on the dancefloor and only 4 rows from the stage !! She put on a brilliant and very high energy show. Mark got me a motel room in the city so I could stay for the night. The room was my mothers day pressie. I was so looking forward to a full nights sleep. It wasn't to be though. The gf that I took along is a SNORER !! I got to sleep from 12.30am til 4.30am when her snoring woke me up. I stayed awake until after 5.30am, last clock check, when I had disturbed her enough to stop her for long enough so I could crash out. So I got about another hour and was awake again by 6.30 to her snoring. AGGG!! A very tired mummy on Mother's Day.

That night I got only around 4 hours sleep too. Lots of stuff going on around here atm. Kids hey !!

Hope that every one is doing well and that you all had a great Mothers Day. I know I'm late, but better late than never. Unless of course it's your partner that is late!!

hey

Trish: What are the odds of snoring wrecking your perfect idea of sleep, glad the concert was good though, happy belated birthday to Noah

Dee: yah for Matthew liking daycare, and them first few days are so strange, all though some days here its so quiet its weird, but have to say if Mason could of went to daycare for 14 hours today he would of been there, he was a horror all day!

Happy belated birthday to Alex

Melanie: ouch to the head bang!

Michelle: Glad Alex had a good day

Fi: glad things are going ok but busy for you

Well DH is out of a permanant job, got 3 days notice too, which isnt right but anyways!
    Him and his mate found other jobs today, starting on Thursday they will do subcontracting, double the money but no sick days or holidays to cover us on rain days anymore, so means saving strictly and hoping the work keeps up, scary times lay ahead i think, hopefully it works out though, need to learn more about the lurks and perks with the tax stuff and entitlements etc

anyhow thats all my mind is swimming with now, hoping the future is bright and not a nightmare!

Fi - Great to see you pop in, I thought you may have been UTD again

Belinda - Sorry to hear about DH but glad he`s found another job.

Trish - WooHoo sounds like you had a wonderful time even though you were tired.

Michele - Glad Alex had a great birthday.

Have had a dreadful few days here with me being so hurt with not getting a mother`s day (I should be used to it), Mark tells me today that he was going to buy me something on Friday but he ran out of time plus I wasn`t in the happiest of moods - yes that`s true but I had a terrible 2 morning with Matthew (which I had told him about). So really he`s turning it around to be all my fault as to why he didn`t give me a mother`s day.

Also Adrian and his sleeping is going downhill big time, I`m lucky to get 3 hours straight sleep, most of the time it`s 2 or under, even 20 minutes sometimes before Adrian wakes up again, this has been going on for days so as you can imagine I`m quite tired after getting up 6 - 8 times a night.

Matthew didn`t want to come home from preschool yesterday afternoon and today OMG he`s been full speed ahead. Met up with Tiff and another BB member in the morning which was lovely

Sorry that your feeling down about the gift and certainly not fair for him to turn it around, glad matthew is enjoying daycare, hope Adrian settles down soon, is he any better if you sleep with him or not sure why he is waking up?

I knew this year i would be mega peeved if i didnt get a gift, so went and bought my self a heap of stuff and told DH to buy a card and paper, said its a no brainer

Luke bought me a necklace from the school fete and its lovely, but quiet heavy as it has big stones on it, so every morning he gives it to me to put on, my neck kills lol

DH is now self employed, scary road but just hope the jobs keep coming, if not he can travel to them if needed, so should be ok, he will make double net what he makes working for a boss if he keeps up the hours, so we might get in front and stay there for awhile hopefully

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast