Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2006 #3

Fee Guest

Cooper slept through the night!!!

I fed him at 6.00 pm and he woke at 5.45 am – nearly 12 hours between feeds! I remember hearing him at 1.30 am (which is normally when he wants a feed) but then we both must have fallen asleep again. Next thing I know it's 4.30 am and I have just woken up wondering what's going on! Not to mention my boobs were killing me! I went in to check on Cooper and he was fine. But after that I couldn't sleep at all. I kept wondering when he would wake and every time he grunted etc I thought he was waking. He ended up staying asleep until 5.45 am. I am so impressed! I hope it's not a one-off!

He actually had a pretty good day yesterday and didn't give me too much trouble with his sleeps (unlike the day before that). I guess sleep really does promote sleep.

Bubseykel – I agree about it's better that they sleep more at night than the day. So I shouldn't complain as Cooper is good at night. It's much better that way I think.

kmh – Wow that was a restless night. I hope you had a better night last night.

chantal25 – No we haven't tried co-sleeping. Cooper sleeps in his cot. Although there have been times where we have had naps with Cooper in bed with us (mornings etc). But never over night.

baiza – Wow Bailee is a good night time sleeper. And glad to hear his check up went well. Sounds like he is doing fabulously.

Fraser – Glad to hear the rollover feed worked for you. It's weird… just yesterday I decided that I did not want to do the rollover feed. I just couldn't bring myself to wake Cooper. Anyway he ended up sleeping through the night totally! How strange!

Wow 7 kgs?! I wonder what Cooper is now. He was 5.8 kgs at his 8 week check. I get told Cooper is so big, but there are plenty of bigger boys in this group. LOL!!! Cooper has just graduated to the third size Huggies (Crawler).

Fraser Guest

well done Cooper!!! that's fantastic Fee! I decided not to do the rollover feed last night (ok decided is the wrong word - I fell asleep) so Charlie slept from 7pm until 3.30am - so I think we're getting there slowly - you must feel amazing today having such a good sleep!

Baiza - sounds like Bailee is going fantastically well - he's looks so cute in your ticker.

well after having a great day of self settling and good sleeping the little bugger wouldn't go to sleep last night until 7ish (normally drops off at about 5pm)- grizzled and shouted and mucked around - I guess it's all part of the new routine!

It is an absolute horror of a day here today - gale force winds and heaps of lashing rain - it's nice to be inside in the warm but I would have liked to have gone for a walk today!

have a great weekend ladies!

Em

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    well after having a great day of self settling and good sleeping the little bugger wouldn't go to sleep last night until 7ish (normally drops off at about 5pm)- grizzled and shouted and mucked around - I guess it's all part of the new routine!
    Cooper has nights like these sometimes. He is normally great at putting himself to sleep after his last feed of the day (usually 5-6 pm) but every now and then he has a night where he keeps grizzling and acting like he's hungry so I end up feeding him again an hour later and sometimes another hour after that! Thankfully it's not an every night thing!

hi all
    fee- wow 12 hours, cooper did so well, hope he keeps it up for you. Charlotte is still in newborn size for nappies, still got a couple to go and then she will be in infant, i have brought heaps so hopefully she dosn't grow out of them too soon, she still wears some newborn size clothes.

fraser- just when you think you have got them in a routine, they change. Charlotte did that today, normally she will fall asleep about 30mins after her morning feed, but today she hardly slept. Charlotte is still in 000 jumpsuits and 0000 pants and jumper sets, she is still tiny last friday she only weighed in at 4.435kilos and that was after a growth spurt.

Baizar- glad to see that baliee is doing so well, Charlotte loves to watch Madison run around.

wow, i had both girls in bed by 7;30, it is very quite in my house, as Tim is at work until 2:30am i hate it when he does this shift. I was thinking of giving Charlotte a roll over feed, but i wont, hopefully she will have a long sleep.
    I have to take Madison to get new shoes tomorrow, i have been told by the ciro to get her fitted for shoes, i didn't really want to spend $60 on a pair of shoes for her but i have to.

Hi girls

Wow fee thats amazing 12 hours, dylan has gone 8 hours before which i thought was pretty good.

Dylan had quite an unsettled night last night for him that is, he wa so grizzly at his 6pm feed that I put him straight to bed without any play time he did have a cuddle with dad though, then he grizzled and had to be settle from about 6.45 til about 7.30 then he woek up at 8pm and had to be resettled and then he woke again at 10.30 with a wet nappy and then finally at 11.55 I fed him and again at 5 and then at 8 this was a pretty bad night as he will usually sleep from the 6pm feed til at least 1 or 2 oh well maybe tonight will be better.

My left breast is sore and Dylan is being fussy at it when feeding I wonder if I have an infection or something. I am putting him on that one first at each feed and I have been expressing from it but still sore. Am actually braless at the moment to see if that helps. Also Dylan has not pooed since Tuesday has anyone else had this happen. The only thing his little bottom is doing is heaps of smelly farts especially when he is on the boob so I cannot escape, yuck!

Fraser Charlie is a big boy, I thought Dylan was huge but weighed in at 4.9kg at the last weigh in a wek and a half ago, must weigh him again this week.

Baiza Got your email and have signed up will try and log on this Thursday can't on Monday.

Byeee.

Cassie - Sorry to hear you had a bad night last night, hope you get a better one tonight. If your breast continues to be sore make sure you get to the Dr asap as you may have mastitis which needs treatment asap but your doing the right thing by still using it.

Em - Seems like you and I both have big bubs, not sure what Adrian is now but at 4wks, 6 days he was 6kg and he`s piled it on since then which was 12 days ago. You certainly can`t overfeed breastfed babies, they are just going to be big boys.

Fee - 12 hours that`s great, we got 10 hours out of Adrian 2 nights agao which I thought was good.

Baiza - Sounds like Bailee is doing well, I too expect Adrian to do things quicker then Matthew, a bit like follow the leader LOL

Hello to everyone who I`ve missed

no worries cassie
    dose any other girls wanna join msn chatroom for mother chat sessions on monday and thursday at 1 if so send me your email address at baiza01@hotmail.com

Hi girls

Back again. Have been baby and husband less all arvo and have had a nap and a bath and done some housework now I want them home, oh I miss my baby boy when he is not here.

Dee Yeah I was thinking it may be mastitis too and actually have an appointment with my GP anyway this wednesday so will ask it not better by then. Have a heat pack on the boob at the moment, youch!

Here are some new photos of my baby boy and one early morning one of me, eeek! At least you can't see my jelly belly or thunder thighs in it!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../Dylan2051.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../Dylan2086.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../Dylan2135.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../Dylan2131.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../Dylan2138.jpg

Byeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Fee View Post
    I'm another one with her wedding anniversary coming up! It's our 2nd anniversary on 1st October.

Also it's my 28th birthday this Friday, 15th.
    Ok, im late on the birthday, but happy birthday and happy upcoming anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Deejoy17 View Post
    Firstly for those who don`t know about my ordeal, you`ll find it here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=19940

He`s a very content, placid, happy baby which is great since I`m recovery and will be still for the next few months.
    Dee, your link is currently not working. I am sorry i have not been poping into these treads very often so I have been unaware of what is happinging. Sounds like you had a very rought delivery?? I am glad little one is doing well and sounds like you are coming along albeit slowly. Hope things go well for you and your fam!

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post

it is my wedding anniversary on sunday, but tim has to work, so we are going to go out for dinner, can you remember how cold it was, and now this sunday it looks like its going to be nice.
    Its late, but happy anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubseykel View Post
    I have some news and I don't like it. AF has returned already!!!!! 10 weeks to the day that I had Danielle!!!! I discovered it almost to the hour that I had her too!! Freaky!!!! I guess it's my fault for not producing enough milk for Danielle and not being able to BF properly and giving up. I jinxed myself last night when we were out for dinner for a friend's birthday. We were talking about Britney Spears and it would be like Ken and I trying for another one now and having it the same ages part as her two. And then guess who decided to show up this morning - AF!!!!! I was hoping it would come a little later but I guess I can't do anything about it. On a good note is that I can go back on the Pill again now. I wanted to wait until I had my first AF before I went back on.
    You know my wife has always BF our baby's and has always produced plenty of milk but on our first two children AF visited around week 5 but so far with corban we are still AF-free.....which is a bit nerve wrecking since we dont know when she might sneak up on us and since we basicaly do NFP it makes it hard to know when the "safe" days are...lol. At the same time, its been nice for DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fee View Post
    I'm having a good birthday so far, even though Mark is in Sydney for work and won't be home until 8.30 pm tonight.

Last night Mark gave me a cuddle and said he was very sorry, but he had forgotten to get me a birthday card. He knew I'd be sad because I love getting sweet cards from him! He's just had a shocking week and forgot about the card. So I was bummed cause I knew I wouldn't be getting a present from him today either. I had ordered some Dermologica the other day as I'd run out so we used the money from our "present budget" for this as it was expensive.

But anyway when I got up to feed Cooper last night, I found a card in my bag. He must have found a spare one (we usually keep a few on hand). He wrote a lovely message in it.

Also we have a magnet "to do list" on the fridge and he'd added some new points:

- Wish Fee Happy Birthday
    - Say "I love you" to her
    - Kiss her
    - Miss her
    - Bring her home Krispy Kreme donuts

I've just checked it this morning and the first 3 points have been crossed out.

He had to leave around 4.00 am this morning but he just called me to say he'd landed in Sydney.

And I've found a few other things around the house. When I went to dress Cooper, I found some things in his drawer. A note saying happy birthday from Cooper, a Cleo magazine (I never buy mags), a Vanilla Lipsmackers (my fave) and some white chocolate raspberry bullets. Yum!

I've also found another note just now on Cooper's play mat!

So I'm very happy now. I love little things like that. It's the small things that make you smile!

[
    That was sweet, sounds like you have a real special DH........Im not that good at the little things myself...more speradic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Hi chicklets,

well I'm a big fat loser - I couldn't say anything to her, she let herself in and banged her pram around so her excuse that she let herself in so as not to wake Charlie was moot - because her crashing and banging around would have woken him up anyway, he wasn't asleep I had him and was contemplating hiding in the laundry cupboard, but wasn't sure I could keep him quiet for long enough. She arrived at 12pm and left at 4.30pm - so not too bad this time. My brother is ultra sensitive (read bi polar) so I wouldn't want to upset him, he would get upset that I was potentially upset then he would get upset that I was angry at her and then he would get upset that Erin is doing what she's doing and he would feel guilty and it would be just a bigger mess. DH reckons if she lets herself in when he's at home he'll let her have it, which is a worry because she drives him a little crazy, but she's a little frightened of DH so I don't think she would let herself in if she knew he was here.
    if you have transportation, or if you can just get our during her usual showing up, perhaps once or twice a week just leave and get away just you and Charlie. One or two days aweek might be really good for the two of you and if you dont say nothing and get out before she shows up then it can give you a break

Fee Guest

Well Cooper has not slept through again yet but he's doing well. Normally he will feed at 6.00 pm and wake around 1.30 am. But the last two nights he's woken at 3.30 am and 4.00 am. So pretty good.

Oh yeah a funny story for you ... On Friday night I found Cooper down in one corner of the cot with his legs sticking out through the end of the cot (through the bars)! Funny but a bit scary! I've often wondered about this because he's slipped down a little before - but never this bad. He managed to wriggel down because I didn't have any blankets/sheets over him. I put him to bed around 6.30 pm so I don't put the blanket over him until I go to bed.

And then when I got up to feed him at 3.00 am he had wriggled the opposite way (couldn't wriggle down as he was under the blanket). Anyway he was in the middle of the cot and the blanket only came up to his knees!

Next time I would buy a cot with a solid end!!!

Question for you all --- Do you do play time after the last feed for that day? Just curious. I don't. I put Cooper straight to bed. Does it really matter?

kmh – Good luck with shoes shopping for Madison.

Cassie – Cooper does about 1 poo per day lately – sometimes more. Apparently BF babies cannot get constipated and it can be normal to go up to 10 days or something with doing a poo. So I'm sure Dylan is fine.

Hope your boob is feeling better. Hopefully it's not mastitis – I had that and it was awful!

The pics of Dylan are cute – he looks very good at tummy time. Whenever I put Cooper on his tummy he just lies there and rarely lifts his head! I might try putting a rolled up towel under him, like you've done with Dylan.

Deejoy17 – I just can't believe that Adrian was 6 kgs at 4w6d! He looks very cute in your ticker pic.

Dustmite – Thanks for the belated birthday wishes. It was a great birthday!

hi all
    well i got some new shoes for Madison we got them on sale which was great only paid $30 for them. On friday i got the implanon put into my arm for contraception, and now i have such a big bruse on my arm, and its starting to get itchy where my ob cut my arm to put it inot to.

Fee- sounds like cooper is starting to sleep longer over night, do you still go to bed at 8:30pm i have been the last few nights i have been so tired.

Dee- you has Matthew gone with his new brother, wow Adrian is going to be a big boy, charlotte weighed in at 4.435kg's at 8 weeks.

Cassie- i hope you don't get mastitis, i had it and it yuk, i felt so sick, just keep on doing what you are doing, as soon as you start to feel like you are getting a temp or achy go to your doctors.

bubs- hope this year the eagles win for you, i bet you are very happy.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post
    Fee- sounds like cooper is starting to sleep longer over night, do you still go to bed at 8:30pm i have been the last few nights i have been so tired.
    Yeah I try to go to bed at this time.

Cooper still hasn't slept through again but close – about 10 hours between feeds. I fed him at 6.30 pm last night and again at 4.30 am.

Fraser Guest

aarrrgghhhhh after having such a good week last week we're right back to the 'I don't want to sleep during the day' times.

He's so grizzly, he falls asleep in my arms after being fed but then is wide awake as soon as his head hits the mattress.....gggrrrrrrr

He woke at midnight last night and I thought oh well that's ok he may well sleep through until 7am - but no woke at 5am - I can't work him out!

Dee - I think Charlie is so big because I hated it when he was tiny, he scared me, so subconsciously I have been overfeeding him to get him to a size where he doesn't seem so fragile!! I could just pinch those cheeks of Adrians - he's so adorable!!

Fee - I can't believe Cooper is such a wriggler! Charlie is normally in the exact same position when he wakes up - sometimes he scoots up a little bit but never down. Is it warm enough where you are to leave Cooper without a blanket? I'm so jealous - it's only 12 degrees down here today. I don't let Charlie play at the last feed - Simon sometimes reads him a book if he still seems quite awake - but he's generally so tired he just goes straight down anyway.

Dustmite - long time no read! How are things with your tribe?

Cassie - Great pics of Dylan - he's so cute! I hope it's not mastitis too - I sometimes get just one sore boob - it's always the left one - it aches and hurts when Charlie attachs - but it goes away after a while - I just give it a good rub in the shower each morning. My 13 week old neice is breast fed and she often goes up to 7 days without doing a poo - don't know why - it worries her mum but apparently it's quite common.

Baiza - did you get my request to join the MSN group? I think I've finally managed to work it all out!

Has anyone heard from Cle? I wonder how her kidneys are - did she post in the last three weeks when I wasn't online?

Last baby massage class tomorrow - I'll be glad when they're over - I have mothers groups on the same day and poor Charlie doesn't cope with all the activity - gets quite grumpy by the time we get to mothers group.

Have a great week everyone

Em

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast