Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #11

hey everyone only 24 sleeps til Santa comes

amm - congrats on the engagement - and i understand the whole one week missing your partner then the next week wishing they would just leave you alone - my df has been doing fly in fly out work on a 7 & 7 roster for over 12mths now and i'm still not use to it - and yes as today being the first official day of the Christmas month (why should we only celebrate it on 1 lonely day) my christmas tree will be up, tinsil hanging from everything and anything and pretty light dazzling in the windows - man i love christmas time

tracey - good luck with the prommo - and asking never hurt anybody

nicky - that is fantastic new about MIL - i will keep sending positive thoughts to you and your family

Z - farex is a dry rice cereal which most mums use to introduce solids to bub - it's mild on there tummys and is generally mixed with either breast milk or made up formula so the taste of it isn't too forgien - on it's own it's virtually tastless (my df knows from experience - he wanted to know what i was feeding our son) - it packed with nutrients and you'll find it with the baby foods in the supermarket in a bright yellow box and farex printed across the top - they also have different flavours as bub gets old

sorry i haven't written more but as you can see from when i posted this it's 1.30 in the morning and i didn't have the best of sleeps last night so my eyes are hanging outta my head

well everybody hope you had a pleasant night and best of luck with the chrissy decorations this weekend

Morning everyone!!

Well I survived my first night without Jason and I was soooooooooooooooooooo lonely!!! He has gone away for his bucks weekend, they left yesterday arvo and he called when he got there and I told him not to call me until he is on his way home on Sunday but I miss him sooooooooo much!! I really want to message and tell him that I love him and miss him but this is a test for me to see how long I can go without contacting him - I wonder how long I will last??!! I had a girl friend and her daughter over for dinner last night and we had a few drinks, well two! LOL And it went STRAIGHT to my head and now I've got a bit of a headache ARGH! We are going out tonight too, so I wonder how I am going to go, I am normally so tired by 10pm cause Avaleigh wakes up at 6am!! I am a bit worried about leaving Avaleigh with mum tonight, I tried giving her some formula for her last feed but she didnt want to take it, she just cried whenever it went near her mouth. She has had formula before but that was at her lunch time feed. I am going to try again today and see how she goes. I have taken 3 bottles of EBM out of the freezer, maybe I should make it 4..... We will see how the formula goes and if she doesnt like it I will take some more out, just means I will need to express more milk before the wedding cause the EBM is for the wedding! It is kinda nice to know that Avaleigh prefers my breast milk over the formula and I dont blame her... doesnt smell the nicest!!

Nicky - great news about your MIL!

August - congrats on the engagement! Have you guys set a date yet?

Guess what! Avaleigh has started 'walking' (lol) in her walker!! She loves it and whenever we put her in it she moves around and walks backwards and side ways. But I guess its not like a full on walk, she just pushes herself back a little, stops and goes again. She does get right up on her legs when she does it....

Anyway, I better get going. I am putting my chrissy tree up this morning!!

Hi girls!

Its funny how you come to depend on technology and Belly Belly in particular - we had no power yesterday and i was so lost. We got a note a few weeks ago about power going off because they needed to do some upgrade or something but me in with my baby brain read it as 'your power may be going off' not 'WILL be going off'. It went off at 8.30am and didnt come back on until 3.30pm. It was too hot to go out walking or anything so it was a super boring day around here! I needed to ask if any of you girls have had days were bubs only drinks a little bit? For the past two mornings T will only drink about 80-100ml of his first two bottles - normally has around about 180ml. I have had days where he wants more but never less. He seems happy enough and drank fine for his other feeds but it was just a bit strange.

Thanks for everyone who has mentioned the hair. Zofia I loved your day hair life comment! I did go quite a big chop - just above my shoulders and i really love it. Went the whole works - blonde and brown foils, a gloss treatment, long fringe cut in, conditioning treatment. Very relaxing. Tom was fantastic for my sister in law and she has offered to have him anytime so that was good. Megan - are you liking your hair any better yet?

First of all - AMM congratulations on getting engaged!! How did it happen? Romantically i hope. DH proposed to me in our kitchen and i really really needed to go to the toilet. I screamed, said yes, wacked on the ring and ran to the bathroom.. Is it this weekend you had a wedding to go to? What did you end up doing with Lucas?

Zofia - glad that Diana loves swimming. Does she get any rashes or anything from the water? At xmas we are going to my aunties who has a pool and i would love to put Tom in but wondered what it would do to his skin. I also really want to start him on swimming lessons - just been to lazy to enquire about them. Good luck with finding out about your new job!

Tracey - your new ticker is gorgeous. Zyon is one cool kid. With the cloth nappies - at this stage i have only ordered a couple of All in Ones from Babybeehinds to see how i go. Then if i like them i will look into getting the other ones - have to read up abit more about the covers and boosters etc. Its all abit like a foreign language at the moment but i am really looking forward to giving them a go!

Nicky - that is great news about your MIL. Hope you are feeling better from your ear infection. I get them all the time - DH says its because i have big ears - and i hate that off-balance out of it feeling.

Veronica - not long now until the wedding. Hope you dont miss Jason too much over the weekend and have a great time tonight. I know what you mean about alcohol going straight to your head - i am abit of a two pot screamer at the moment!

Bec - Tom loves tv too. Yesterday with the power off he kept looking at it and crying. I think he is addicted. Last night after his bath he sat and watched it with out blinking for an hour.

I know i have missed out on everyone but better be off. I have my work xmas party tonight - just a spit roast at my bosses house. We are taking Tom along because my boss just loves him and has brought a porta-cot and high chair and car seat so he can 'go and play at her house'. They have a spa so am going to have a soak in that when he goes to bed. By that time the others will be drunk enough that no one will remember seeing me in bikini!
    Going off to dig xmas tree out of the shed. Have a good day everyone!!

Another quick question - do any of your bubs get really rashy around their chin and neck from dribbling? Do you put anything on it? Tom looks like he is growing a red beard today..

Mrs Daisy... Try Bepanthen on his chin, it's only from the saliva so no big deal, but yeah Bepanthen will help the dribble not soak into his chin!

Thanks for the comment on Zyon... OOOh going MCN is so much fun & saves $$$'s (not initially) I have a HUGE stash & just rotate them & I wash every 3days so it aint much more laundry & it's therapeutic washing & putting away!?

I'm waiting til DH is home 2moro to do Chrissy tree & going to take kids to get santa pic!!!

Em - Avaleigh gets that as well! Not on her chin but on her neck. I wipe the area clean with a wet cloth and then dry it and then put baby powder on the area, making sure that it goes in to the rolls too. I found doing it that way it clears up pretty quickly!!

Well Avaleigh definitely doesnt like formula!! I wonder why she guzzled it down so quickly the other weekend? Maybe because she didnt know what it was!! Looks like me and my breast pump are going to be best friends again!!

At what age do babies have cows milk? Dont freak out and think I am going to give Avaleigh cows milk, because I am not!! Just want to know what age so I can start preparing myself to be breastfeeding for longer than the 6 months that I wanted to...

V - i think cows milk is allowed after 12 months?? Dont quote me on that though. Have you tried different types of formula?
    Tom will only ever drink NAN or Karicare - refuses to drink Heinz or S26. He probably likes Karicare the best but he poos better (sorry TMI!) on NAN so thats what he is on now.
    It took us a while to figure out which one he likes best - had to throw out two perfect good containers of formula. Little bugger. I think the chemists sell the little trial packs - which i didnt realise until after.

Yeah about 12ish months for cows milk...

Em - the only formula I have bought is S26. I might see if my chemist has any trial packs.

I just had to try Avaleigh on a little bit of EBM in a bottle and she nearly refused to take it and I was going to cancel going out tonight, but then she realised that it was EBM and not the formula. So looks like I can still go out tonight but I think I will be checking my phone every 5 mins to see if Mum has called!

V - Lach loves the Heinz Nurture formula, and has no problems going in between formula and breast milk.
    And it's easy on the pocket too.
    I do like the suggestion I think rebecca made (?), about half formula half breastmilk. Give that a whirl and see how you go.

Just checking in. Hope all are well
    Hugs

Hi all
    Just a quick one- am back from holiday. Its ehausting. drove through the night to trick Kaetlyn hehehe.
    BBL am about to buy a new breast pump- one of those medela ones I know they are a fortune, but expressing is doing my head in and have things coming up and I need to be free from feeding. MIL is starting to get anxious about when she can Babysit, and at the moment I am avoiding it as my milk bank is nearly in debit!!! I think there is only enough there for one transaction!!! LMAO! I can be so funny!!
    Oh and well get underway with the facebook pic this week to!!!

Hey everyone!!

Quiet weekend in here..

I went out last night for the first time in 1 and a 1/2 years! It was a good night, took me a while to get in to the music at the club but it was fun to get out of the house and let my hair down a little. We had a bit of a drama before going out tho! I left Avaleigh with mum at 5pm and I went home got ready and went to my friends house for a few drinks. I get a call at 7.30 from mum saying that Avaleigh wont take the bottle! She takes it, sucks and cries. Bugger I thought!! So I jumped in my car and drove to mums house to see what was going on... It turned out that Avaleigh didnt like the bottles mum was feeding her with (avent) I have the tommee tippee ones. I am quite proud of myself for working that one out!! So I stayed with mum until she was fed and settled. This morning she was a bit funny with the bottle too because I think she is scared of the formula I tried giving her! lol

I got home at 3am this morning and spent a little time expressing my boobs. GOSH they hurt!! I havent breastfed Avaleigh yet today cause I drunk a bit and my boobs are filling up so quickly. I just spent nearly an hour expressing them both and at the end I had top milk them by hand cause the breast pump wasnt getting all the milk. Felt like I was milking a cow!

Jason is on his way home. YAY! I cant wait to see him and hear of all the things he got up to. I didnt call him and am very proud of that. He did message me this morning saying how much he loves me and misses us. My girl friend that I went out with last night spoke to her BF (she caved!!) and he said that Jason was dancing around in a SKIRT!! I hope someone took pictures...

Well better go. Avaleigh is asleep so going to try and spend some time in the sun. I went for a trial spray tan on Friday and I am not too happy with it!!

Have a good sunday everyone!

Veronica, sounds like you had a great weekend. Jason sounds like he had a ball too. I hope someone tooks photos, would love to see..... Jack still has troubles having EBM any way, any tips?? Have tried everything, hoping it is just a phase and he will start soon.

Sara, check out Ebay for the mini electric breast pump. I bought one when jack was born from Perth, for I think it was $60 delivered. And it is great, like new. How was the holiday?

Hey everyone, check out my new signature. Notice anything different????? As of yesterday I'm offically a student Doula. Can't wait to begin. Ordering modules tomorrow, all registered though. Can't wait to start, I honestly feel great about it all. I can't wait to help other mums to try and have a wonderful birthing experience. So exciting..........

Hope you all are having lovely weekends.

V - congrats for not calling Jason! It sounds like you had a great time out last night, once Avaleigh was settled, I'm so glad you were able to get out & about without too many dramas.

AMM - congrats on the engagement, that's fantastic news.

Tracey - woo hoo for the Christmas tree being set up. Isn't this time of year lovely with kids! I bet it's going to be really gorgeous with Indah this year, cos she'll have an even better idea of what's going on.

well, Pat's mum arrived from Scotland today, and I gotta be honest - it's going to be one long long summer. I don't want to be a B!tch, BUT.. if a kid is sitting on the floor and thinks that your foot is kind of interesting to look at, DON'T start kicking it about towards him & startling him & then continue doing it cos you think his reaction is funny. It's not, and it's his mum inevitably (ie ME) who has to calm him down when everyone's finished upsetting him by pushing his buttons just that little bit too much. And if they talk about his "temper" much more I'm going to show them where he might possibly get it from. Again, if he's ready for sleep, pushing him over the edge just isn't pretty - for anyone, regardless of how old they are. And that's about the only time he shows a "temper". Mind you, not just MIL who talked about this, my mum has started it too - again, cos she pushed him too far, but that's a story for another time, I'm still P'd off about it. There was something else I had to gripe about, but I've forgotten. I feel so sorry for those girls who have difficult MIL's who are here all the time. At least I've got an end date.

I think Pat might also have let her think that she might be able to take Liam out & about for walks just the 2 of them. Fat chance, given that she's definitely on the path to some kind of dementia, which is really really sad, and so hard for Pat & his brothers to deal with, but imagine if she took him, then got lost, which happened last year, and couldn't tell us where they were...I don't think so. I'm so over protective I can't imagine letting anyone take him out without either myself or Pat present, and it's more likely to be me, as I'm the milk supply at the moment.

I remembered my gripe - bloody people who think that soft drinks & junk food are appropriate for babies. I'm think I'm headed for the title of neurotic SIL from hell, but again, if Pat's brother (or anyone) ever dares to give Liam junk food without my consent, he's going to get a massive piece of my mind. It even annoys me that he jokes about it. This is the man who thinks that Tim Tams are an adequate meal - goes through at least one packet every couple of days.

So sorry for the whinge. Think I'm going to be doing a lot of walking in the near future, might have to set up a punching bag too...

Hey Mel - that's fantastic news, so exciting. I have so much admiration for people who take on study when they've got young kids.

Hey Guys

I just did my first 'have dinner somewhere else, come home with sleeping baby to a dark house, check all the cupboards and under beds (lol), transfer sleeping baby etc etc' all by myself! Yey! All went smoothly - we only bought this house this year and I've never come home after dark by myself here. It's funny, before Autumn, I would never have worried about all the things that might possibly happen - now, I'm a paranoid freak.

Jan - I so hear you on the protective thing - the thought of somebody else taking my baby out somewhere without me makes me shudder and I feel the panic attack rising already... Good luck with the MIL, is she actually staying with you? Do you know her well enough to say something?

Mel - congratulations! I didn't realise you had that in mind but it's fantastic that you'll be doing something you're interested in. Hope everythings going ok with the foot. Is DH back? Sorry I lose track of stuff.

August - great news! BTW I love that photo of Lucas - everytime I see it, it makes me smile.

V - Sounds like you're doing a great job of still having a life-after-baby! I'm afraid I'm just not capable of that yet. You must be getting very excited with the big day so near...

Em - Autumn is BF but she changes her feeding habits now and then. For instance, this last week, she has really picked up after a week or so of not so much. I think she's having a growth spurt earlier than expected actually, with all the extra eating and sleeping she's doing. I also have a tv lover - she likes Huey and shark documentaries. My sister will not allow her 11m old to watch any tv at all because she was told that it contributes to ADHD - due to the rapidly changing images they cannot concentrate for long on one thing as they grow... it does make you wonder, but I'm not prepared to be the hardcore tv police. I'd like to know how you go with the cloth nappies. Zyon's geckos got me inspired but, the cost! If only you could get enough for a few days trial before you actually shell out for them.

Raels - I tend to think not teething yet, and yes the runs did start after her shots. They say it's not due to them, but I am very suspicious of the rotavirus vaccine - it's so new and there have been problems with previous versions of it. I am only just today beginning to see an improvement in her 'creations' lol.

Nicky - Autie has started sleeping on her belly and I was freaking out because I couldn't keep her on her back at night, but I have the Angelcare movement monitor and for me it's so worth the extra money for a little peace of mind. Now that it has gone off a couple of times when she moved right to the edge, I sleep a little easier.

Today I did a bad, bad thing... I spent $32 on a christmas outfit she can only wear for one day (well, I might get two or three out of it due to all the different family gatherings) but oh my goodness - so cute! It's from Myers. Red bloomers with a small reindeer and a cream swing top with red trim and a reindeer in the pocket. I think I'm going to have to play up the 'she only has one first christmas' angle to DH when I tell him!

I guess I'd better get to bed, how time flies when you're trying to catch up!
    Have a happy week everyone

Hi ladies

Well i have been another MIA since we went away for the christening. It was a lovely christening but the whole weekend went down hill from there lol! Ethan's finally started to improve from his cold then he had his needles and started full on teething, poor little mite, we really thought his tooth was going to cut as it was showing just under the gum but it has gone again! Ethan has also started waking at night again, about 3-4 times, i forgot how tiring that was lol!! He was just starting to sleep from 7pm-5am or 11pm-7am and i took it for granted

There was so much to read that i have forgotten it all but a few things i wanted to say

Mel- Well done hun, Thats great, how exciting You will be a fantastic Doula. I would have you as my Doula any day

AMM- Congratulations on your engagement, how wonderful

Nicky- Fantastic news re you MIL that really is great

V- Glad you survived Jason being away, and well done on not calling

Ok ladies i will try not to get so behind again lol. Goodnight

Sacha, can't wait to see photos of little autumn in her outfit, how cute!! Dh is still away for 3 weeks, missing him heaps. My foot is much better, walking properely now and the wounds are healing nicely. Have another appointment in a little under 3 weeks so fingers crossed all is well. Well done, on your first home to bed trip on your own.

Jessikah, thanks for the nice comment about having me as your doula. I would love to if we lived close enough. Can't wait to hear about your exciting news. Are you starting to chart anything yet? Or just still just enjoying the TTC ride . Sorry to hear poor Ethan is unwell ATM, I hate it when they are sick and you can do nothing for them but give them lots of cuddles and kisses. He might be going through yet another growth spurt or some other milestone. Hugs to you though, it must be though getting up again 3-4 times a night, oh how soon we forget. Last night I was up about 4 times between Jack and Charlize, not fun, and the bags under the eyes tells the tale today. I hope he gets better for his sake and yours soon.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast