Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #11

last night is catching up to me!! I am sooo tired. i have just given avaleigh her last feed, so hopefully she will go to sleep so I can snuggle up to Jason who has been in bed for ages now!! Jason told me all about his weekend and it sounds like he had a lot of fun!! All the boys thought that they would run a muck on him but he can a muck on them!! LOL He's turned in to a bit of a grandpa lately and doesnt drink or anything so he decided that he needed to pretend like he was 16 again and run a muck!! He said he was dressed in a hoola (sp) skirt, wig and clam bikini all night!! I thought he took our camera but he didnt so gotta get photos off who ever took a camera.

sorry no time for personals! My boobs are still so sore from not feeding this morning - feels like when my milk came in!

night all.

Smile

Thanks so much everyone for the congrats on our engagement. We are going to get married on the Cook Islands in the south pacific sometime next year, date will depend on best time to travel so we have not decided that yet.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, we had a very relaxing one. DF was going to go away again today but he had a chat with his manager and wormed his way out of it. I feel guilty as I was such a sook this morning about him going!

Tracey ~ I made some cloth nappies when I was pg after getting addicted to the cloth nappy thread! He has grown out of them now but I do use just strips of terry in a nappy cover during the day at home. Good luck with your offer too!

Mel ~ Hey thatís awesome about starting studies to become a doula! Good for you!

Becca ~ Lucas was playing on the floor lengthways to the TV last week and when I came back in he had spun himself right around to watch the cartoons!

Janno ~ Iím with you on that one, but Iíd be extra protective in your case.

Sacha ~ Thanks for the comment on the pic, I was going to update it the other day but changed my mind!

Tears ~ I think I will feel the same way when Lucas starts waking up 3 or 4 times a night. How were things after the christening?

Raels ~ I still canít believe how uncanny it all turned out with the birthdays too!

Blueflower ~ Hope you had fun on holidays, look forward to hearing more about it.

Nicky ~ Thatís such good news about your MIL, a huge relief for you all Iím sure.

Zofia ~ Glad to hear you are feeling better. Did you see the handmade chrissy decorations they did on better homes and gardens this week? Itís in this months mag too, made me wish I didnít splurge out on store bought ones.

V ~I think S26 make a ready made formula, its on the shelf at coles and woolies and comes in a Ďpopperí box. Might be handy for the wedding if she would take it. Also, I bet itís nice to have Jason back home, sound like he had a good time.

MrsD ~ How was your work xmas party? My water was brown for half a day last week and I had just enough water for Lucasí bottles. I sent DF straight down after work to buy some, and by the time he lugged home the biggest one he could find the water had cleared up.

Well lots of love and hi to everyone too. I want to do some gardening today as my indoor plants need some TLC, but first, to the laundry!!

Have a great day!

Oh I missed that, big congrats to you on your engagement, and the cook islands sound just wonderful for a wedding. Can't wait to hear about the plans.

Cant wiat to see pic's of Autumn in her Christmas outfit!!!!

I ot a family Chrissy/santa pic (well the 3 kids) y'day! pick it up on Thursday! I cant wiat to see teir faces Indah wasnt crying but wasnt thrilled!???

Thumbs up

Oh I really wanted to share this, I came across it researching soilds. silentnights.org/printouts/your_baby.pdf It's a brochure and has excellent infomation on breastfeeding, feeding, sleeping, including DAY sleeping for those having probs there, and lots more. It answers alot of questions that are hard to find answers for too.
    Last edited by August; December 3rd, 2007 at 09:32 AM. Reason: link was active!!

Yay! Lots to catch up on - it was a quite weekend on here. I was lurking around here on Saturday, bored because DH was playing cricket.

Mel - congrats on your decision to become a doula. I had never even heard of one before i joined BB - i think its a great idea.

Jan - you poor thing. Is your MIL staying for the whole summer? You will have to install a GPS tracking device on the pram in case she goes missing! Its actually a really scarey thought. I totally hear you on the whole 'temper' thing. My PIL constantly call Tom a 'bad' baby and i just want to punch them. I try to explain i would be 'bad' too if i had reflux acid burning my throat but have just given up on them now.

Sacha - cant wait to see Autumn's outfit. I have to start the hunt for Tom's. I do have his santa suit that i brought but also saw a gorgeous yellow tshirt and demin shorts in Target that i might get for Boxing Day. DH thinks i am crazy that i have his outfits planned so far in advance.. not going to tell him i have already started working out what i am going to wear too!
    With the cloth nappies - i think i will still do a combination of both cloth and disposable at this stage. Dont know if i have the commitment to go full time. You should see my pile of washing (that i should be doing instead of being on here).
    I have only ordered a couple to see how i go and then will just get them gradually if i like them instead of shelling out the big $$ all at once.
    That is so cute that Autie loves shark documentries. Its interesting what your sister says about ADHD. DH and i were talking the other day about back in 'our day' no-one had ADHD or food allergies, and now every second child seems to have them. I am hoping when T is older, we will have like a 1 hour of telly rule or something and he can send the rest of the time playing - not sure how it will go though!

TOJ - Good to hear from you! Poor Ethan and his teeth. Tom was the same. Had a week of hell and then they disappeared - i was glad the pain was gone but it only means we have to go thru it all over again.

AMM - Xmas party was fun. Tom was very well behaved (take that Mother in Law!!). Didnt brave the spa as one of the girls extremly drunk husband was in there and i had already been cornered by him talking crap for ages so i didnt want to be trapped again. The food LOOKED lovely - i saw that because while i was organising Tom everyone ate it all!! I got little scraps of meat and a potato.. I had like 4 helpings of dessert though so didnt go hungry .

I took T to get a Santa photo on Sunday - one of our local stores was doing it. It was very strange.. Santa wouldnt hold Tom - he made me sit on the arm of the chair and hold him. I looked feral as - positive my bra was showing out of my top and quick hair up in pony tail. I said i didnt want to be in it and he was like it makes a lovely family photo. Not if his dad isnt in it! But he still would hold him.. I know there is some funny laws these days but its Santa for gods sake! Havent picked up the photo yet but pretty sure it wont be the one i am sending out. I think i will have to go to one of the shopping centres and get one done there.
    Ok better be off - exciting day of laundry and grocery shopping ahead!

AMM - have had a very quick look at that site and it looks excellent!! Well done for finding it and thankyou for sharing . I love that it has a day sleep section - everyone always seems to talk about nighttime. Going back now to have a another look. Thanks xx

Megan76 Guest

Hi all, just a quick one to let you all know i am off to noosa tomorrow so wont be back for a week!! Sorry i have read through but dont have time to catch up with washing, ironing, folding, packing, babies not sleeping, stressing i dont have everything..........you know how it is! Have a great week everyone!! I'll have a champagne by the pool for you all!! (and there are lots of you so i will be sloshed!)

AMM thanks for the site- it has answered some of my questions already- and i am not even half wway through it. Cant wait to get to the day sleep bits, which is where the problem is.
    Although touch wood, She is alseep in her cot now during the day- an settled down by herself, which never happens. maybe this trip of driving did her some good it learning how to sleep during the day!!!!
    Thanks again for sharing.

HI all,

Nicki, that's fantastic, I really hope the oncologist is right.

Zofia it's mad how fast this thread is moving again huh? Bugger on the car.
    Farax is just the brand name and there are some organic rice cereals out there as well.

Veronica, I hope you didn't miss Jason too much. The mixing formula and ebm was a suggestion that MCHN made if wanting to wean off BB milk, and you could do it gradually eg an 80/20 split and gradually reducing the ebm until it was all formula. So you could probably use it to improve the taste for her now if you want to or you could use it down the track if you want to wean earlier than 12 months. But it is really important that once mixed if she refuses it you have to chuck it regardless of how fresh the ebm is.

Em, pmsl, (in the nicest possible way) at looking at the tv and crying. Xavier isn't that bad... yet. The poor little poppet mean electric company turning off his power. All you can do is keep the under chin area clean and dry as best you can.

Sara lol at your milk bank, i've been making too many withdrawals and not enough deposits in mine too.

Mel, congrats on becoming a doula in the making.

Jan, sorry to hear your having a hard time with no it all parents and in laws. It's hard when they just don't realise they are causing the grumpiness and then to have them comment on a temper of implying that there is something wrong with the bubs feels horrible because firstly they are part of their family and it's a real insult to mum and dad too. Hang in there at least you do have that end date to look forward to.
    I am so with you on the junk food. ON Nathans side our niece is constantly being given junk food by ana and pop I might add and they have another thing coming if they think I'm about to let that happen to my son. I will become the DIL from hell if necessary and put my foot down.

Sasha, I've now had a good 27 years of solid tv watching and I don't have adhd. lol. I agree with you a little about the rotavirus. It does say that they can have gastro like symptoms, because it is to prevent against gastro in young babies. It is very normal to have reactions to an immunisation that are similar to what your trying to prevent. It's only if they don't seem to improve you need to seek further assistance.
    How cute with the outfit. My Dh doesn't seem to realise that these things are 1st's and it doesn't matter if a bubs doesn't remember them. I was taking about 1st birthday parties (we were at a 3rd b'day party) and he was saying we didn't need one because xavier wouldn't remember it anyway. He is so insensitive sometimes I just want to slap him.

Jessikah, glad to hear you guys are going well, pity about the waking during the night. Hopefully that tooth will come soon and you might get a week or 2 of sleep again.

AMM, ah cartoons, that's what will keep us sane on Saturday mornings to come. I remember we would get up and watch cartoons while mum slept in.
    I think that ready made formula is the follow on formula that bubs don't actually need because by that stage they can have cows milk, and get plenty of nutirients from all the other foods they eat.

We are yet to make it to Santa. Xavier is generally quite grumpy by the time we get places that handing him to a stranger might not be the best. I'm going to try out Myer Santa I think because I know he let my niece sit on his knee so hopefully he will hold Xavier too. I agree about the stupid rules these days though. But Santa just doesn't want to be sued or accused of hurting a child. One of the one's here actually has a couch to sit on.

well anywho being told rather loudly that i'm ignoring my little boy.

Bye

I almost forgot Xavier is now 4 months old!!!

He gets more needles tomorrow. aw my little boy is growing up.

I will be sure to add photos in her chrissy get-up to the gallery.

I took her to the health nurse for weighing today and she has only put on 200g in a month due to all these weeks of the runs Luckily, she is not dehydrated at all and is otherwise healthy - she has plenty of rolls to draw on for emergency reserves! Anyway, due to her lack of gain, and the fact that she is five months and was overdue, the nurse has said to try her on solids when DH comes home tomorrow. I was going to wait another two weeks but I think the time is right. She sampled her spoon today in preparation Oh and she has started that head-down bum waving in the air thing trying to move forward - hilarious during nappy free time!

August - thanks for sharing the website. It does have some interesting information, though I'm still not ready for the tough love method just yet! Maybe after the 6m mark.

Mel - are you getting any help with the kids from anywhere? You must be missing DH a lot huh? I know that just in the week DH is home each time, I get used to him doing things for me and then he's gone again...damn, so frustrating!

How'd it get that late again? Hi and bye to all.

Megan76 Guest

OK deep breaths....HELP!!!!

Our flight has been delayed and is not due to leave till 9pm (I hate Jetstar!!). Lucas is normally in bed at 7.30pm and i am so stressed! He is going to be feral! I dont know what to do.....there is nothing i can do! Do i bath and bottle before we leave for the airport? Wait till we get to the airport? Top up when we get to Noosa? We wont get into our accommodation till midnight. Oh jeepers.....

Megan,

Dont fret it will all work out ok, our flight out of Bali was att 11:35pm.... Zyon slept in my arms then we boarded & he slept in my arms pretty much til we landed!!!

magan - if he's tired he'll find a way to sleep

Megan - i would bath and bottle at normal time - before you go to airport. Take a couple of bottles with you so you can give to him on plane or the hotel if neccessary. He may not be 'due' for one on the plane but it will be handy to have one if he needs a bit of comfort. Try not to stress to much because Lucas will be able to tell something is going on! Have a great time - think of us - and look forward to hearing how it all went

Megan76 Guest

Thanks everyone! I know i stress too much but when things dont go according to plan i freak out! Just have to go with the flow i guess. My best friend and her family are coming and she has a 3 year old and a boy 10 days younger than Lucas so they will be in the same boat and she is alot calmer than me!!

Have a good week everyone!

Hi girls,

For those of you in our facebook group - Sara has done a great job on the photo montage! It is now up as our picture for July 2007 Baby Buddies!

Sorry I haven't been on here much. Trying to be better with housework, etc!

Ooh - BTW have a work Christmas show on Friday night and wanted to wear a strapless dress, but don't know what to do about a bra?? I won't need a feeding bra, as Amelie will be babysat, but what kind of bra will I be able to wear, given that underwire is a no go for breastfeeding - I can't imagine there being a strapless non-underwire bra??

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast