Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #12

Jess ~ I am so sorry to hear about what happened, I hope you are feeling ok and getting all the support you need. *hugs*

Veronica ~ Congratulations to you and Jason!

Veronica, glad your day was perfect. Can't wait to see some pics.

Jess, hope your feeling a little better. Hugs.

OMG CHRISTMAS IS ONLY 1 WEEK AWAY, YIKES !!!!!!

YEY MY DH IS BACK IN 3 DAYS, YIPPEE !!!!!!

HI all,

Zofia Diana seems to be growing up so fast eek 6 months already. soon it will be 2008 and it will be the downhill count to the big #1 first birthday, how scary is that!!
    Tell your hubby you don't have to be gay to support gay pride, Diana is just a very well adjusted 21st century girl!!

Mel, yay on DH coming back, I kept meaning to ask if the possible trip to japan was off. and yikes here too about christmas. I am sooo busy this week, and trying to stay home as much as possible to not upset xavier.

Today is christmas pudding cooking day!!! well it is for us. 1 hour of boiling down, 6 to go!!

Veronica - i was just on facebook aand it said "Veronica and Jason have ended their relationship". I was like WHAT!! that was quick! Then i realised it is because your relationship has changed to married . Congratulations by the way!

Hope everyone else is well. I am busy packing and xmas shopping so no time to do personals. I cant believe there is only a week to go!! For a little boy that we said we werent buying him much this year, Tom certainly has a lot of presents under the tree!

Kaetlyn has only put on 150gm in 6 weeks
    I am now in 'operation fatten Kaetlyn up'
    The CHN said it was ok, but i have to increase her feeds and offer more BB. And to come back in the new year to see how she is.
    She has grown 2cm though which is great. She has always been a skinny baby.
    The CHN said that it was still a gain not a loss, and she is fine though, still being alert, sleeping well, happy and content child.
    Now I have to wake her up and feed her. She suggested waking her up about midnight and offer BB again.
    I suggested getting up at like 5 and feeding her then. I am expressing anywya to build up my milk bank, so could feed her then instead of bottling it up.
    Oh well.
    I have just cleaned th whole house. now postie is here, so will collect chrissy cards and hang out the washing.

Sorry for the selfish post girls. Am abit bummed out about the lack of weight increase

Sara, it's exactly what the MCHN said, a gain is a gain. They only start to worry if she had started to loose some or stay stable to a long time. My girl hasn't put on any weight since she was 12 months old. She went up to 10.28 at 14 months but now she is back down to her 12month weight. I was really worried about it, but neither my doc or the hospital are worried. They said as long as she stayes above the 3rd percentile and she is happy and looks healthy, there is nothing to worry about. She is just petite. Kaetlyn sounds like she will just be petite as well. I hope this has helped to reassure you, that all is well.

Thanks Mel,
    I have a funny feeling that she is going to be like my dad- really tall and skinny. I am/was quite petite (I have just added a few extra layers of self insulation ).
    Yes, a gain is a gain, but it doesnt help my casue for no solids till 6 months. CHN said no, we will work on getting you supplt increased first beofre anything else.
    What I ment to say is that I dont want to start solids till 6 months but MIL is suggesting otherwise. CHN said not to, keep on BM until 6 months. which is what I am going to do, but offer more feeds. I wont tell MIL about the gain. I know what she will say......

Gotta love MIL's

You know what is right for her, all babies are different, just trust your motherly instincts.

Hi everyone

Diana is six months old today! I remember when she was born, it seemed like such a long time until she turned six months, and now here were are.

Happy 6 months birthday Diana

HI everyone,
    Long time no see, but I thought I'd pop in and check on you all.
    V - congrats on becoming a MRS. Hope its everything you dreamed of Glad ot hear the day went well.

Jessikah - Hope you're feeling better hun. Hang in there

HAPPY 6 MONTHS DIANA!!

How exciting! They are getting so big now!

Sara - we had a small weight gain with Lach a few months back. My MCHN said a gain is good. She said she would only worry if there was to be a loss. The fact that she is still content and happy, and that she grew 2cms, is good. She could have just had a bit of a length growth period and she may pile on the chub next time You are doing a great job. Try not to stress too much. Lachs small weight gain was 200grams in 4 weeks.... we were used to 500g in a week, so this was a huge shock. My MCHN wasn't worried and at his 4 month appointment, he had put on 800grams on 4 weeks. I have had supply issues too, but we have gotten ontop of them now. I am very happy about that. If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to PM me or chat on MSN

Mel- How exciting that DH will be home soon! I don't know how you have gone so long on your own. I hate being away from DP for a whole day!
    lol
    Fran - hiya! Hope things are well

Sacha - yes I do keep getting up to check on Lach while he sleeps in his cot. It was so easy to hear him breathe and feel his warmth when he was in our bed. He is still in our room right next to my bed, and I am checking on him less and less every night..... I am going to move his cot to the other side of the bedroom( our bedroom is the size of a small unit! lol), and then we'll see how we go. I am not comfortable with putting him in his own room yet.... the plan was to have him with us for the first 12 months, but he's not such a baby anymore, so it might be earlier.

Has anyone elses bubbas developed a fake cough to get attention???
    Lach is one cheeky bugger. He is crying much less, playing on his own for periods of time, trying to get his commando crawl perfected, and then when he rolls onto his back and realises noone is within half a meter of him, he start fake coughing! lol
    I am trying to ignore it without ignoring it IYKWIM. He was doing it on the car trip into town yesterday!! cheeky. The first 3 times I stopped and got out, ran around to his door to check on im, and he got this huge grin on his face and let out a chuckle. hehe He is def going to have my personality!
    lol

Well, I am soooo looking forward to Lach 's first christmas! He is one spoilt little bubba already, so christmas day he is going to look really bad!!! All teh family is coming out to our place for lunch and dinner. Glad we don't have to go anywhere.

We are also going on a holiday with PIL to Hamilton for a week, and we will be taking a day trip along the great ocean road. Lach will get to experince the beach for the first time in his life!
    It's funny how such little things get you so excited.

Anyway, enough from me. People are probabyl wondering who I am, let alone knowing what the hell I am talking about!

Hope mums and bubs are all well

Have a great christmas and a fantastic new year if I don't pop on before then

Aye carumba! I've had a baby attached to my breast for three days straight! I can only assume it's a growth spurt and thank heavens I don't have obligations to be anywhere in particular! lol She is starting to go longer spurts sitting on her own so I guess it's all the new muscle use.

Happy half birthday Diana

DH is back at work for two weeks after his first two week stint home (used to be one) and Autie keeps looking at his side of the bed and at his chair in the lounge. He spoke to her on the phone today and she started panting and tried to tongue the phone

I'm making tropical trifle for our family christmas eve food-o-rama. And pavlova. I'm not that keen on fruit cake or pudding but trifle...mmmmm, trifle. Such a weird mood I'm in - probably having a sugar rush. Can't seem to concentrate on anything for long. Bye!

Megan76 Guest

Hi all!

Not quite sure where we're at at the moment...been busy, busy! That's what i get for going on a holiday a few weeks before xmas and coming home and having to do ALL my xmas shopping....but done now!!

HAPPY 6 months DIANA! I booked Lucas' 6 month check the other day, can't believe how quickly its going!

Jess - hope you're going ok, i know there's not much people can say, but from experience i will say it does get better..... eventually.

V - wow it's all over! I'm glad you had a fantastic day, now you can relax (as much as a mum can!)

Nicky - Lucas has the fake cough happening too, very amusing!

Em - good luck with the move!

I know that is a pathetic attempt at personals but if i try and read back i will lose it all!

I am so proud of my little boy, HE SMILED FOR SANTA!!!! I love his picture, its ace! We think that maybe he didn't realise santa was a person and just thought he was sitting on a big funny chair cos we were so convinced he would scream but he was happy as larry! Very cute!

Lucas has not rolled from front to back yet and he is 5 and a bit months, is this a worry??

Hi all,

Em, PMSL at your comment to Veronica, I think all the bubs have probably been spoilt rotten this year. I mean really look at them, how could you not.

Sara, it's ok she probably needed all her energy to grow those 2cm's. I'm sure the 6 month mark will arrive before you know it and she will be on solids and end up looking like the michelin man in no time. MCHN told me that BB feed babies tend to plateau around this age too.

Happy six months Diana

lol nicki on Lach's fake coughing. Xavier coughs but I think it's real Clearly lach knows you will even pull the car over and get out to 'play' with him when he does it. lol I simply ask xavier if he's ok, like he's going to answer me.
    Nicki your a dag!!

Sasha, poor you 3 days of feeding!! You are probably craving calories from all the energy lost feeding.

Megan he will roll when he's ready, and i'm sure it will be soon, but my niece only started rolling when she was about 10 months old, and there was nothing mentally or physically wrong with her she just didn't want to. In the last 4 months she has rolled, bum shuffled, crawled, and now is walking while holding a hand won't be long and she will be running. But it just goes to show all bubs are different.

Hi Megan! I was wondering where you had got to! Tom could only roll from back to front until TODAY and can now roll both ways (constantly). I thought there was something wrong with him because everyone else seemed to be able to do it, but i guess all babies are different.

Sacha - you crack me up with Autie trying to tongue the phone . T has no idea whats going on when he talks to DH on the phone. He nearly snaps his head off looking around for him.

OK thats all from me - going to look up gossip sites about Britney's little sister being pregnant. Oh the scandal!!

Hey everyone

I've managed to put on some wedding photos on to my facebook!! there are heaps of them tho LOL

Oooohhhhh Em, now you have me curious, I am gonna check it out now!!

V-you looked stunning! all that hard work paid off. Your sis looks like jessica simpson a bit. I am jelous that you lok so great.... now I have to get my butt into gear!! You showed that It could be done!
    Looks like you had a great time at your wedding. may 2008 be a restful year for you!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast