Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #12

Thanks Sara! LOL I will tell my sister that! And yes, it can be done.. a lot of hard work but it can be done

I cant believe its all over tho!! I guess now I can relax...

V- I had a quick look at ur piccies, and I agree. You looked fantastic! Very happy.
    Glad it all went so well and all the best for a blissful future.

Not much happeneing here apart from random bouts of fake coughing.
    lol

Oh except that lach got halfway across our lounge room yesterday while I hung some washing out ( before it rained...grrrr). So I now cannot leave him unattended on the floor. But he has the reddest carpet burn on bhis poor little knees. Poor little man
    lol

Hope its raining lots where you are, cos it's not here

Veronica - you looked amazing at your wedding!!! Wow what an awesome place to have a wedding by the way. I wanna get married there!!!! LOL.

Nicky - Oliver does the fake cough thing too - isn't it cute?

All is good here, just busy getting ready for the big fat man in red to drop by......

Hope all is well with bubba's and mumma's.

Oh forgot to say... Happy 5 months to Kaetlyn! oh she is growing up so quickly!

Happy 5 months Kaetlyn!!!

Hi girls! Hope everyone is well. I dont know how much i will be able to get on here in the next few weeks in between Christmas and moving and DH being on holidays.

Veronica - you looked gorgeous on your wedding day. The place where you had your reception was AMAZING! Congratulations on becoming a Mrs. Everyone says its no difference to being engaged but i think we went thru a whole new stage of falling in love. You get excited to see your 'husband' - its like the early days all over again. Well it was for us anyway .

Nicki - T fakes coughs as well. The begin with i think he may have been choking a little bit on the waterfall of dribble coming out his mouth but now he has realised he's on a good thing. Little bit embarrassing when he does it at the supermarket. All the old ladies look at me like i am not dressing him warm enough!

Well, my little monster has started rolling FINALLY! After weeks of him cracking it because he couldnt figure out how to get past his arm, he has done it and has no intention of stopping. Gone are the days of leaving him in one spot and knowing thats where he'll be when you turn around. Yesterday he rolled over in his cot and was laying there switching his monitor on and off.

DH is on holidays as off today - currently on his work breakup playing golf so should be fairly messy when he gets home! I am excited but also a little bit apprehensive. He doesnt really believe in routine or anything whereas T and i work to a pretty strict schedule. I have just found it helps him settle better if he knows whats going on. I am going to have to try not to be dragon-mummy over the next few weeks.. but he also needs to understand that he gets to go back to work and it doesnt matter to him if everything goes to pieces here. I am having a bit of a vent - i woke up a bit evil this morning i think ! Didnt help when DH split sugar all over the floor, didnt wipe it up and only mentioned it AFTER i had walked thru it and said "theres something crunchy on the floor!'

Well, i am definately going to try to keep up with reading of posts but if i dont actually post, dont think i have disappeared - just off somewhere going quietly insane with moving! i will say this now in case i dont get a chance :
    I hope everyone has a wonderful, wonderful Christmas with their gorgeous bubbas and families and i hope Santa is good to all you mummies as well xxxx

My DH is back in about 2 hours. I can't wait. I told Charlee this morning that Daddy was coming home today and she let out the cheekiest grin and squeel it was very cute and funny. I can't wait for her to see him.

I have been reading up on you all and you all sound very busy.

Em, good luck with the moving hun, I know how stressful it is with a young baby. Fingers crossed for you it goes smoothly.

Happy 5 months for Kaetlyn yesterday. Where has the time gone.

Nicky, how clever is little Lach, is he crawling for rolling everywhere, what a clever little man. Charlee was late with both her crawling and walking, so I'm hoping Jack will be as well.

V, you looked amazing, have all the family left already? So how does it feel to be married?

Hi, to everyone else.

All is well here, getting new carpet layed today. So have be frantically busy trying to take all the furniture outside as they said they would charge $10 per item they had to move, what a load of 5hit hey? Anyway, they have been going at it for about 3 hours and they still have to lay the carpet, was hoping they would be done by the time DH got home, but doesn't look like it. Kids are well.

Hope everyone is enjoying the festive season.

BBL.
    Last edited by Meluchja; December 21st, 2007 at 10:51 AM.

HI all,

V your photos are fantastic. It looks like you guys had a great time. I loved the colours, ooo and your flowers were divine!! FYI, the day you relax will be the day I stop sitting on my bum I think i'm pretty safe.

Nicki for lach and the commando crawling what a clever little boy. Commiserations to you though as now everything is in reach. I think I'll keep my little lazy boy for a while longer. Don't know who you were talking to yesterday but it hasn't stopped raining today, well in bgo anyway, not sure about at your house.

em, pmsl at Tom turning his monitor on and off. now he knows what to do if he wants to get up to mischief without you hearing. I hope your DH realises quickly that the routine is there for a reason, and I hope you don't suffer while he's realising it. We don't have a routine as such here, but it is still pretty important to plan things around sleeping times.

Happy 5 months to kaetlyn for yesterday.

Mel, that's really crap $10 per item. It's a house like it's not going to have furniture in it. I think it should be part of the cost. I hope it didn't rain while all your things were outside.

As for us, same old same old here. Xavier doesn't seem to be doing much of what other babies are doing. He chats a lot though and prefers to be sitting upright than anything else, and sits up strait while i hold his hands and no other support. Then sometimes he leans forward to grab toys or anything that takes his fancy so it's almost like he is more interested in sitting than rolling. Looks like he's doing crunches when his sitting in his pram trying to pull himself up. -

I have to share this. We live on a very major road. It's especially used for trucks and we are at the top of a little hill section so air breaks go off all the time. None of this worries me. What is getting on my nerves is that even with all that noise already some silly man over the road has his music up so loud that I can hear it very clearly in my house. What sort of music you ask? Old crooning style like bing crosby. OOO it drives me mental especially because sometimes he plays it at night while we are trying to watch telly and we can't hear our tv for his music.
    Ahh that feels better thanks for listening.

I'm sure I'll be back before tuesday, but merry christmas everyone.

I guess everyone is busy, it's gotten so quiet in here At least it makes it easier to keep up and do personals lol

Bec - It sure would annoy me if music were that loud - I can't even stand the neighbours dropping their wheelie bin lid each time they put something in! Crooner music could sure get on your nerves but I have to admit, my nightmare would be techno. It's nice that Xavier is a non-conformist already and not interested in following the developmental rules. Maybe he will skip the crawling and go straight for the big time and walk!

Mel - Must be great to have DH back. Hope you're enjoying your reunion in whatever way is most fun for you My DH used to be a carpet layer and the furniture moving is a huge issue for them as their work is already so physical (bad backs and knees) and some people expect them to move huge housefuls of pianos and marble tables and things before they can even get started. As sub-contracters they only get paid per metre laid, not for their time you see...

Em - lol at the sugar - they are surprisingly like children sometimes arent' they? Good luck with the schedule, I think babies are more settled when they know what's coming next. That's hilarious about the monitor - these babies can be good for a laugh huh?

Nicky - go Lachlan! Autie has been trying to do that and pushes her bum up in the air and waves it around before giving up.

August - another gorgeous pic of Lucas - what a happy boy he seems to be!

Veronica - Hope you are thinking of putting a few photos in the gallery for us non-Facebook people to sticky at? The ticker pic is gorgeous but too small to see properly

Megan - how cute that Lucas smiled for the photo. We never did that in our family so I haven't really thought about taking Autumn but maybe I should. Don't stress at all over the rolling - only worry if he's not walking by 18m!

the little unit has just sung herself to sleep for the first time! If only it would happen that way every time! Gosh I'm bored after having DH home for two weeks. I should probably pull my christmas present sewing machine out of the box and give it a whirl.

Does anyone else's baby go into hysterical laughter when tired?

my brother is broken down in Rolleston in outback QLD and it doesnt look like he will be down for christmas- there are no hire cars or anything. He is my only direct family that I have left i feel sorry for him. I dont want him to be alond in the middle of nowhere for christmas

Sacha - I was trying to put some photos up on the BB gallery but there seems to be some sort of problem! As soon as that gets sorted I will put some up

Mel - Yeh most of the people that flew over from NZ have left now. It was so good that they came over. It was great to meet Jason's dad. By the end of it, we were over it! LOL We love having the house to ourselves, just gotta wait for the bestman to go back to NZ and then we can walk around naked again! It feels no different to be married hey! Cause we already have everything it has made no difference..

Em - yeh it does kinda feel like the early days again, well it does in the bedroom! LOL The cave we had the reception in was awesome! Definitely something for everyone to remember.

Well things over my way are slowly starting to settle down. Avaleigh is great. She is trying to get herself crawling and everyone says she is soon going to be off! She loves to stand on her own weight for a moment while we support her upper body. She is getting better at sitting by herself too! And she LOVES her jolly jumper, she goes crazy in it, its so funny! I cant believe how quickly our babies are growing..

hmm I think Jason has got a surprise for me for christmas. We werent going to get each other anything but I saw mum yesterday for a coffee and she said she knows something that I dont know and it involves me and Jason. And then I hit Jason up last night and he said that my mum is hopeless! LOL So my mind is ticking on what it might be. I know that I told him to by me an eternity ring to go with my engagement and wedding ring but I just dont know how he could afford it or when he went and got it!! I guess we will see on Christmas Eve. I hope he has gotten me something cause I went out and bought him some presents today!

Well I am off to bed.. gosh the end of the year is so close!! I am planning to resign from work in January, not looking forward to it...

I know i said i wasnt going to get a chance to post much but i have two boys in bed at the moment - DH from his big night out and DS all tired out from his fix of watching Miley Cyrus on tv (he has a BIG crush) - and the weather here is too cold to get motivated to do anything.

Sara - you poor thing about your brother. Hopefully Santa brings him a Christmas miracle and he can make it in time for xmas.

Sacha - sometimes when Tom is tired you cant tell if he is laughing or crying. He does this kind of half sob/giggle thing.

V - are you on maternity leave from work? I am just asking because i am but am thinking now i dont want to go back.. i feel bad because they have held my job for me and i absolutely love my bosses but when i was pregnant i kind of assummed i would be dying to get back to work - all bored at home with a baby that did nothing all day. How stupid was i?? . I think i will go back to work eventually, just not yet.
    I want to know what your xmas present is now! I am pretty sure i am getting money and a baby free day to go shopping - thats what i asked for anyway! I think DH and i will do xmas pressies on Christmas eve because xmas day will be all about the boy. I got DH a GPS for the car so pretty sure he will want to play with it and figure it out before we go off on the big drive to the rellos. He knows how to get there but i can bet that he will still want to use his new toy.

The weather here is absolutely wild today. Thunder, lightning, masses of rain. Last night we had the weirdest power - it was kind of only half on and then kept going out completely, then back on at only half strength. I was home by myself with T - i ran DH to say the power was out but i think he was too drunk to get the hint of can you can home.. I put Tom in bed with me because i didnt want to walk around with candles if he woke up. DH got home about 1am, didnt have house keys of course, so when i let him in, i went off to switch off the lights and stuff (power back on) - should have probably mentioned T was in our bed because he got in without turning on the lights and poked the poor little bugger right in the eye. I came back in to a very bewildered baby and a husband who was apologising but really wanting to go into a coma.

Ok better be off - think its about time i start crashing and banging around the house so DH wakes up - not my fault he has a hangover. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Megan76 Guest

Em you make me laugh!!!

Em - yes I am on maternity leave from work. I never really intended on going back to work but I took the maternity leave just incase I needed to. I have decided if I do need to go back to work I am going to try and find something from home or find work closer to home. My current job is about 40 mins drive away. And the boss at my work is not a very good boss and since I have started maternity leave, everyone has quit and new people started and I've just heard its all going down hill.. So I dont want to go back there and really not looking forward to quitting! I just dont remember what the guidelines said about resigning while on maternity leave.. I think I just need to write a letter and see the boss, not sure! (Jan, do you remember what the guidelines said??)

Well Avaleigh is 5 months old today and all she has been doing is sleeping!! Which suits me fine cause I have managed to make a cake for christmas and give my house a little tidy. Jason is out scuba diving this morning and then he is going out for a ride on his new dirt bike this afternoon, so its a relaxing day for Avaleigh and I, but that suits me just fine! I've got all my scuba diving gear and I start my course on the 12th of January, it goes over 2 weekends so would love to get Avaleigh on formula for the weekend but not sure how it will go!! I also said to Jason that he can take me sky diving for my birthday in February - Cant wait!!

I think I have screwed up my milk supply over my wedding weekend. I was expressing 120mls out of one boob but now I can only get 100mls. I am trying to express at any chance I get to bring my supply back up, plus I am freezingf milk again for new years eve and the weekends I have my course (incase she still wont take formula)

Anyway, better go!! I hear my little one squealing with delight in her bed so I am going to see whats going on.

HAPPY FIVE MONTHS AVALEIGH!!!

Megan76 Guest

Just popping in to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! May your first xmas with your little bubs (well not so little anymore in my case anyway!) be a fantastic one! I hope all the mums are spoilt as well as the kids, god knows we deserve it!!

How good a wife am I.....I have bought DH a suprise BIG new plasma tv, he doesn't know about it but stupid me, one of his friends organised it for me and when he rang one day i went into Lucas's room to speak to him cos DH was in the lounge, but what's in Lucas's room...the baby monitor!! DH said he knew i was up to something so he turned it off, not sure if i believe him, but i am so stupid!!!

Anyway have a fantastic day with your families!!

X

If I don't get a chance to pop in and post before then, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas...celebrating it for the first time with your new little bubbas! *hugs*

Enchanted Guest

Megan- That is hilarious! I have done that before and then realised that people can hear! Oops!

V- I'm sure you haven't screwed your supply up. I'm sure that it has just decreased a little... will be easy to get back up quick enough though.

I have a million things to do today but just wanted to pop in and say.....

"Merry Christmas to all you gorgeous Mummies and bubbas!"

Merry Christmas to everyone
    I hope you all have a great day with your bubbas and your family
    May 2008 bring you all good health and luck and bring you everything you desire

Hope you all have a lovely day. I might not get another chance to post before tomorrow so I thought I would get in early.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast