Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #8

Welcome Raels, you must just have the knack now, being your second bub. I hope Oliver keeps settling well for you.

Megan, I hold Xaviers hands long enough for him to get a good suck going and then let them go. If he's tired enough the fall to the sides and no more problems.

Well I would tell you all what a good boy my little man is being today, but I don't want to jinx it. Fingers crossed he will be ready for another feed soon, then another sleep and be fresh and ready to go when dad gets home.

Megan76 Guest

Sacha - i hope things are getting better for you in the sleep stakes. The first few days will be the hardest, but in saying that i am still pulling my hair out with lucas' daytime sleep. He goes to sleep fine but is impossible to resettle. I'm not sure where Tweddle comes from, they are basically a sleep school that runs day and night stays, luckily the one we went to was free! I think there is a book called Sleep Right, Sleep Tight that you can get that has thier stuff in it. For after 6 months i will have to find the brochure but its leaving to cry for intervals of 2, then 4, then 6, then 8, then 10 min at a time. After each interval i think you go in for between 2 and 10 min. Will have to try and find it.

Em - Very funny about the names, maybe we will both end up with Lucas and Tom, i am convinced i will have another boy next time!

Rebecca - will try the hand holding, ta!

Welcome Raels!

Megan76 Guest

Sorry Leah, welcome to you too!

Hi girls,

Welcome Leah and Raels!

Just wanted to fill you in on the great weekend we had- it was Amelie's christening yesterday. Spent all week cooking and getting the house ready, as well as the booklets for the mass and making sure her gown fit (my nanna knitted it for me when I was a baby - it was used for me and my three brothers!).

The day went soooo well!!!! I couldn't believe what an angel my little girl was! We went to mass at 10am, after she woke at about 9, she had a feed during mass and then we were due to have the christening at 11:30. BUT there were two other babies being done at the same time, and one was half an hour late!!!! I couldn't believe it! But Amelie was great and slept in our arms until the baptism started. She didn't cry at all, even though she was probably very tired and didn't mind the water over the head at all. It was just a really nice celebration. We had lunch back here and I had made a mountain of food - we didn't need it all. Amelie was very patient with all the photos and then went to sleep on the boob at the next feed. She was up and about again as the party girl not long after, though! All in all it was a great day and nice to celebrate with family.

Sorry for the selfish post but I am so in love with my little family, especially with my baby girl at the moment!!

Have caught up on the latest posts- hope you are all doing well!

Hi all

I am just waiting for the Idol decision to come in and thought I would jump on to quickly to see whats going on.

Star - sounds like Amelies christening was a wonderful day and she behaved perfectly. Have you got any photos?

Megan - you and Em obviously have the same taste in baby names!!

Have to run the decision is about to come in - please let it be Marty!!

Hi Everyone
    Welcome Leah. Congratulations on your first bub - how are you coping with it all?
    Raels - hi and welcome. It's interesting to hear your experiences with Oliver's sleep -hope it continues to work well for you both
    Thanks all for your comments on sleeping - we are still not doing fantastically but I did get 3 hours in a row last night! It's hard to be firm at 3 in the morning when you're falling asleep on the cot rail as you pat for the 4th time, but I'm doing my best to at least make sure she goes down awake and she's doing ok at that.

Mel - Careful on those stairs already! I'm curious, do you use monitors for the kids? I'm fairly freaked just thinking about having Autumn in her own room, and it's right across the hallway! Eli is a great name - Autumn would probably have been Elias if she were a boy, Eli for short. She was 10 days overdue when I had the EC and she came out 10lb 2oz so I know how your friend must have been feeling.

Em - Oh boy do I hear you on the older kid thing! My niece is 4 and loves Autumn to bits but she just can't stay out of her face - always touching her head and jiggling her arms no matter how many times she's reminded. It drives DH absolutely nuts - luckily he's not usually around to see it. Autumn has been a huge face scratcher from birth and I have given up on the mittens - she sucks them off. I still haven't found a way for her to kick the habit so let me know if you do!

Star - congrats on Amelie's baptism, it sounds like a lovely day for all - Autumn recently had hers - did Amelie get a zillion pewter photo frames?

I can hear Autumn on the monitor as I'm sitting here but no crying so far - fingers crossed she puts herself back to sleep...poor button has heat rash over her neck and back so can't be completely comfortable Oh! and she started rolling onto her tummy on Saturday and hasn't stopped since!

Hi all.

Star it sounds like you had a lovley day. I'm sure you will never ever forget it. and now you will be able to pass on the christening dress to another generation, how sweet.

Jem, I'm sure you were happy with the idol decision.

the older kids, do get a bit in the face of the bubs, I have 3yo, an almost 2 yo and 1yo nieces, and they get a bit rowdy, but if you can get them to stand back, Xavier is absolutley fascinated by them all. Esp the 3yo. the one year old is very fascinated by him too, as I think she's realised he's smaller than her and won't be as rough as her big sister. she kept saying Hi to him yesterday, and giving him cuddles it was very cute.

Yey Yey Yey Yey Marty is Gone, woooo hoooo!!! I'm soooooo glad he left over the others. I would have chucked a spit if he didn't.

Sacha, I have a baby monitor in Jacks room, and I use the monitor on our phone in Charlees room, and also we have the house intercom on downstairs as well, so there is no chance I won't hear them. But Istill go to bed worried I won't. Yey on Autumn rolling over, Jack is still to do so. But I think it's mainly because he doesn't get too much time on the floor, as Charlee loves to tackle him. But he is getting close the times he is down.

Zofia, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I can't wait to hear all about your wedding. Good luck!!!

Star, I'm glad to hear Amelies baptism went well. It's something I'm still to do for both my bubs. Must remember to do so soon, doh!!

Jem, I can't wait to hear how Charlottes weigh in goes. Have you found her to be lighter or smaller than the boys?

Hi and welcome Raels and Oliver, glad to hear Oliver has learnt to self settle himself. I'm back to square one with this one. MIL was up for 2 weeks and would pick him up as soon as he would start to cry, so now whenever he is put down he starts to cry, and it's not a cry cry, as soon as he sees you or you pick him up he stops instantly. I told DH she is not to pick him up all the time again next time she is up, but he said I couldn't do that and I'm like watch me. It's easy for him to say that when he is not around all that much. Sorry for the vent, it's a sore spot AtM. I see your at caboolture. I'm in New Farm, we have friends up there.

Mrs Daisy, I was thinking about Black Tom for the cup too. Also Purple moon as I love Damien Oliver. But I also had a dream that #7 won, but it was dressed in Red, so must check out what colour it is. Will you have a bet? I love the races, it's been ages since I have been to the races.

AMM, yey on the new car. Have you been looking at gates yet?

Rebecca, you poor thing, I hope your cold clears soon. Are you feeling any better? I wish Jack would sleep for 12 hours, he still is only around the 6-7 hours mark at a time. I guess it could be worse. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi to anyone I have missed.

Well our furniture arrived today. But the stupid knobs broke the bedhead for the spare bed and one of the chais is faulty. We couldn't believe it!!

Girls, I still don't know if I'm fighting a little of depression. I just have some really bad days, where I can't take anymore. I don't know if it's becaues DH is in between his exams and because of the stress from the move, but he and I seem to fight all the time lately. And I just don't know if it's because I'm depressed that I'm so down all day or because it's just stress. I know it's not baby related as I love my babies to bits, sometimes they are the only thing that keep me from exploding. I just wish DH would say something nice to me, rather than just biitch and moan about what I haven't done, or what I've done wrong, or what I should be doing or what I shouldn't be doing. I told him today, I can't take it anymore, and he didn't even care. What does that mean????? I hope he is just stressed. But I'm not convienced. Yesterday I left him to study in the bedroom. And I went in there after a while and I found him laying there doing nothing, meanwhile the kids were upset, the phone was ringing and when I asked could he help, he just snapped at me and said I'm studying. Or today I was down trying to put Charlee to sleep and Jack was upstairs crying, the door bell as ringing, and he didn't move from his chair with his head phones on. I asked what he was doing, when I got back from putting Charlee down, and letting in the furniture guys and picking up Jack, and he said he was listening to music while he was doing some uni work as Jack was crying and he couldn't study. Like OMG, why don't you pick him up then I just feel like everything comes before me and the kids with him. And I honestly don't know how much more I can take, without snapping. I'm really hoping it's just stress from uni, moving, and work on the two of us. As I get so upset to think what else it might be. I'm so sorry for the vent guys, but I didn't want to tell anyone else the way I'm feeling atm. I'm sure tomorrow I'll read this, and think why did I write that. Which makes me think that I might be depressed. What do you all think?

Anyway must be off, take care all.
    Last edited by Meluchja; November 5th, 2007 at 09:10 PM.

Mel :hugs: of course you should express your frustrations on here! You will probably find that you are just the first to say out loud what many are going through, so good on you. They say that on the list of most stressful events, moving house is like, number three or something, after death and divorce! I have heard my friends tell me how much harder life is with two kids than one, even if you are really enjoying them - and you have had a lot of stress with DD sick and you sick - maybe you didn't even realise how much stress you were under lately! I imagine it would be much the same for DH only men just can't express that stuff, they have to go into their caves and brood about it until they come up with a way to deal with things that makes them happy. I can see how his actions might have you worried but you have all had such a huge change so give yourself permission to be a bit frazzled for a while. I hope you can see a little light real soon that will make things easier for you, and in the meantime...talk talk talk as much as you feel like to whoever you can! That's how women cope best so don't bottle up!

Oh, and hey, I'm only a 40min drive away if I can do anything...

Less if it's not peak hour...

GGGRRRRRRHHHHHH at putting Kaetlyn to bed. There is just no pattern! the last 2 nights she has screamed blue murder at bed time, tonight I sat with her on a chair in her room, gently rocking, and then my arms got sore, heheh so i put her in her cot, and left, no dummy or anything and she is asleep. What the? she has not done that since, ever!!!
    DH is at work tongiht, maybe thats it? He is on night shifts all week, so if she is fine all week then bad again when he is home at bedtime, I know it is him! I think he over excites her playing etc.

Anyways will BB shortly, have just made me a facebook page, so you can add me all? Hehehe not sure how you do though? PM if you want my details!

Thanks Sacha, you made me cry then laugh. Your words mean alot to me. It's nice and comforting to hear that what I'm feeling atm is probably totally normal. Thank you so much. I sort of guessed what we are going through and what we are feeling and expressing to each other would only be expected, I hope we get over it soon though, I hate to fight. We were only saying before the move, that if we get through another move with a newborn we should be able to get through anything together. As in the last 2 years we have had 2 pregnancies, 2 babies, 2 lots of selling houses, 3 buyings, 2 moves and also DH full-time work and full-time uni, so I hope your right, and I hope what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, I just worry myself so much sometimes to the point of stupidity.
    Where abouts on the coast are you? If you don't want to say you could email me [email protected] Again thanks for your words, they have made me feel alot better, I can now go to sleep feeling a little lighter and happier. I'm so glad I have you ladies to vent to, thank you.

Don't mention it, thank yourself for putting it out there, it always makes you feel better. And absolutely, you will be stronger from all the challenges you are facing right now. I won't bother to say 'don't worry', because we all do that even when we know we shouldn't. I'm at Oxenford, near Wet 'n' Wild. Sleep well

hello hello

how was all the weekends??????? i hope a hell of a lot more exciting then mine - ah the joys of have a partner that works away a week at a time every other weekend gets soooooo lonely and boring - i must become more inventive and creative with my time - we did have one suprising and eventfully afternoon - i don't know how everyone else feels about the whole when to feed solids thing but i found this organic baby food that can be feed from 4 mths on and i thought i'd give it a go - more for tasting then actual feeding and Michael LOVED it. we tried the pumkin one (as i thought the fruit and custard ones might be a bit sweet and he has many years to develpoe his sweet tooth - that's what his granny's for) and OMG we had so much fun - i only gave him about a levelled teaspoon in total a little bit at a time and he couldn't get enough - we did try Farex the day before but he kept spitting it out i think it was too bland - i have the cutest photo's of him with pumkin all over his face and the biggest grin

sacha - i too use a baby monitor even though our place is soooooo small i can hear him when i'm downstairs but it's more for when i'm asleep as i sleep very very deeply and it takes a bit to wake me so i use it to amplifiy him and jolt me awake

Zofia - bless you on your big day tomorrow

MM - you are amazing - i think you have done a wonderful job of keeping things together after everything you've been through the last few months - i had a big move up the east coast while i was pregnant and had trouble handling it so i have no idea how you've done it with little ones running around - i say if you are worried about how you are feeling (this is such a cliche..)talk to some one or even cry (it's amazing how that feels - and no one has to know you have) and moving can be very very very stressful so things may change once things at the house have settled and your dh's uni exams are over - and as for your dh give him a kick up the backside and a kiss on the cheek and just ask for a chat to reconnect

Melbourne Cup - who to choose who to choose - i think this year is my first year i can actually celebrate since turning 18 which poses the question what to wear what to wear - a few of the mums from my playgroup are getting together for a luncheon so we're all very excited - so any punting tips would be nice he he he i have no idea

i agree on the older kids thing - i stayed with friends who have a 3yo and a 2yo - the 3yo - bless her heart - was really only trying to help out but omg it was overkill every noise he made she would come and tell me, when ever he puked she would tell me when he smiled she would tell me, every....well you get the picture....and most of this was while i was watching him or holding him - i must admit though he was a great bargaining chip when we needed her to do something

well i better dash - i think i've rabbited on long enough

welcome new mums and look forward to chatting

ttfn

Smile

Mel ~ Thanks for sharing your feelings. It sounds like you have done an amazing job over the last couple of years. Just the two pgs would be enough let alone all the real estate stuff which takes up sooooo much time.

Zofia ~ All the best for your wedding today, canít wait to see some pics. Wow at Diana cutting a tooth. Lucas has a whole mouth full and his dad had teeth at 4 months, so will be interesting to see when his will come through.

Leah ~ Welcome to you and Ella!

Raels ~ Welcome to you and Oliver, when are you and DF getting married?

MrsD ~ Have a fun Melbourne cup day. Maybe you could try and get Tom to pick a winner for us from the newspaper!

Jemima~ The cc vaccine is for up to 26 year olds. You have 3 injections in total. I really wanted to have it done but I was 26+11 months when I had Lucas so I had to miss out.

Megan ~ Lucas has been going a lot longer between feeds too. He has just had a growth spurt and is now taking a full 150ml bottle, which could be why, but its weird him waking up not looking for food!

Sacha ~ Lucas has been in his cot in his own room since he was 6 weeks old. My DP has epilepsy and seizures are bought on by lack of sleep so we finally relented and put him in his cot and to our surprise he loved it. It made a huge difference to his sleeping in that he slept for much longer and much more soundly. Also I remember using the shush-pat, to distract him from crying. That was a good one for an almost asleep but wont give in baby.

Blue ~ Iíve always sat and sung a song to Lucas in his room before going to bed, usually during the last feed. Itís a handy sleep cue to use when you are not at home as well. Maybe you could get DH to do it the week heís home, or its nice doing it all together too! I know Iíve said it plenty of times before but Kaetlyn is just so cute BTW!!

MM ~ When my DP was away I got stuck into spring cleaning the house! Pretty boring but I actually enjoyed it for some strange reason. I cant wait to try Lucas on something, just to see the look on his face!

Hi all

Well I have placed my bets on the Melbourne Cup so heres hoping!! I looked like a dufus at the TAB as I didnt really know what I was doing LOL!!

Mel - big hugs - I wish I lived closer to you!! I think what is going on sounds like a perfectly normal reaction to a very stressful time you have both been going through. You are an amazing mummy and wife and please please talk to us about how you are feeling as we are all more than happy to listen and give you hugs. Us mummys think we have to be strong all the time but its OK to feel what you are feeling and as Sacha said a lot of people are probably feeling similar stresses. Men can be so frustrating when they brood and dont talk - I think it is just how some men deal with stress (which doesnt make it easy for you). You are doing an amazing job!
    Oh and yay that marty has gone from Idol - long overdue LOL!!

AMM - what song do you sing to Lucas before he goes to sleep - too cute!! I would probably wake Charlotte up if I started singing with my scratchy old voice LOL!!

Bec - yes very very happy about the Idol verdict!!

Sacha - how is Autumns heat rash going?

Michaels mum - enjoy your Melbourne Cup lunch! Oh and I hear you about being lonely when DH is away - life is busy but still lonely.

Oliver and Jesse are in childcare today so I am going to chill out all day (apart from getting Charlotte weighed) - rather boring considering all the Melbourne Cup fanfare is happening but never mind!

Gotta run
    Jem

Oh so many posts to catch up with! Will BBL to catch up and do personals etc. DH is home today and doesnt understand the concept of BellyBelly and is convinced i am having a online affair..

Goodluck to everyone having a bet today - I held the paper up in front of Tom and he has picked Mahler. He did this ET like point at the paper with his finger. Very cute!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast