Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 16th - 30th 2008

Ohhh she is just adorable. Those pics are gr8. Doesn't even look like a newborn. She looks a good size too?

Last time she was weighed was a few weeks ago and she was around 5.5kg. She was 3.64 when born and is putting on an average of 400g a week!! Fatty LOL. She just wont stop eating!!!

Smudgies_Mum - the pictures are gorgeous!!!

Smudgies mum - the photos are beautiful!!!

Smudgies mum - Taylor is very cute. I read elsewhere that you were experiencing some difficulties with breast feeding. I couldn't post there as I've been in trouble before for using the word formula in the breast feeding forums - apparently it's not permitted. Anyway, I just wanted to say don't beat yourself up if you do have to give up BF. You have done a fantastic job of keeping it up this long, particularly with everything else that's been going on. Taylor has had the early benefits of BF and is not going to suffer at all if you do go to FF fully. I gave up BF ages ago and Brock is developing well and both the health nurse & the lactation consultant were happy for me to do so.

I did develop the cold again and it's still hanging about. So over it. Brock is still waking once in the night. I'm still hoping he will get back to sleeping through the night so I can move him down to his room but I think he'll keep waking while I'm not well. I think he just wants to make sure I'm OK in the middle of the night. Lol.

Cooper has cut his first tooth Sunday night he was toothless, Monday morning he had his first chomper! It is so bizarre seeing such a lil bub with a pearly white tooth.. he looks so grown up! I am afraid it's not over just yet, right one seems to be close but its so hard to tell! One thing is for sure, long gone are our 10-12 hours of sleep a night. I am one tired mummy!

I joined Contours yesterday, hoping to lose some of the 30+ kilos I gained during the pregnancy (i was HUGE). I was 71kg pre-pregnancy and over 100kg towards the end of the 41 weeks... I initially lost 14kg after Coop was born but since I stopped BFing I have noticed it starting to creep back on! I am lucky I am tall and manage to hid it well but I feel like a slob despite everyone saying how great I look! It's not so much the kilos I want to lose but I need to tone up! They say what you don't lose between kids is yours to keep forever... dont want to keep any of it thankyou very much and we plan on trying for number two next year so I gotta get my butt into gear!

Stunning photos Smudgie!
    Hope you kick that cold soon Satya!
    Just noticed you live in Bowen Jean, I taught in Collinsville for 3 1/2 yrs and loved heading down to the beaches each weekend, they are so beautiful!
    Hugs, Kisses n Dribbles to you all!

Tan, WOW!!! That's amazing.. I keep wondering if Josie is going to start teething soon as well but I'm not sure. She has been crying HEAPS over the last few days and sometimes to the point where she is inconsolable so I keep wondering if it's her tummy aches or whether it's teeth!

Taking bub to the CHN today so it will be interesting to see how much she's put on.

I'm off to the shops for now, talk later xxx

Satya: Thanks, bfing has been a constant struggle so its just a bit sad to give it up after all the hard work. Ive stopped the Maxalon now so I guess its just a matter of time before my milk dries up. We have been having trouble bottle feeding her the last week but I have found a way around it now so I'm feeling a little more comfortable if my milk does start to dry up at least now I know she is taking a bottle again and it wont be such a traumatic experience for the both of us.

Tan: Wow a tooth already, has Cooper been whingy or did it just come from nowhere?? I am hoping we have a silent teether but wont bet on it!!
    Joining the gym is fantastic, just to get some alone time nmot necessarily for the weightloss. This week I am going to my first Body Balance class, I need some timeout and after a really nasty panic attack yesterday (DP and I had a big arguement) I decided I would like to try yoga/meditation seeing as I dont like meds i need to learn how to relax a bit better!! Good luck with the weightloss and toning and keep us posted on your progress.

Feels a bit weird everyone still calling me smudgies_mum..... Some of you already know from Facebook Im Danni or just plain D or even Danielle.

Thanks for all the comments on the photos. We received the rest of them on a gallery the other day and do you think we could pick a few to get prints of.... they all turned out so well even the one of her crying is hilarious.

Taylor is getting a bit of a red rash or her chin and shoulders, at first I thought maybe she is allergic to the bath products then I wondered is she was getting too hot with the heater on then maybe she is allergic to the washing powder now I wonder if it is just straight out ecsma. I had it pretty severley as a kid but have grown out of it. It doesnt seem to be bothering her at all but I might go see the doctor about it just to make sure. If we can remove the rash then remove amd slowly reintroduce washing powder etc we can tell if she is allergic to something.

bubNo.2 Guest

Default I thought i would join the group: Im from the old July 1-15th baby due forum

HI everyone,

I had my 2nd beautiful baby Alistair Leslie on 29 June 2008 at 5.45 pm after a 3.5 hr labour but i also had 48 hours of gels and one week of pre labour at home. (3.5hrs was the official number on d/c form) I was i thought 38wks but it turns out i was 37 wks , so Alli was just on term/preterm margin. Apgar score 9 & 9 he had an o/n stay in the SCN then in with me.
    I was discharged home 48 hrs post a vaginal birth. I used gas and peth but i sooo wanted an epi but i didnt get one to my disgust at that presant time lol But l was pleasantly proud of 'me' pushing my bub out! ( My 1st bub : induced and dripped epi'd and vaccuum assisted and it was a 13 hour labour.... but Thomas James arrived on JUly 5 2000.)

Alistair is 10 weeks 4 days old and had his first vaccine shots on Tues the poor little man did like them and was so out of sorts following for a good nearly day and a half. Living on panadol snuggling?sleeping with me and sipping milk all day and night.

Im bottle feeding as i dont 'do' BF although i did try but i havent the patience and i feel like a cow and plus i dont produce enough for what he needs.

My Alli was 2.9 kg born and now he is 6kg he eats and sleeps

Cheers Ainsley

Congrats Cooper on your first little tooth!! Well done you!

Tan, glad you like my hometown, I love it. I lived here since I was 7 and still love living here. It's a great place to raise a family.

I'm expecting Flynn to pop one thru very soon seeing as though his brother and sister got their first tooth at 16 weeks. Here's hoping he's the same and that he handles it the same too (Will & Rory were fantastic teethers, never even knew when they were teething, they'd just pop up!)

Danni, good on you for wanting to try yoga etc. If I wasn't working full-time, I would love to go to the gym or something. I need to lose about 5kg and tone up and I will be my weight I was before all kids. I can wish can't I........

I'm thinking about introducing a night/arvo bottle. Very horrible of me, but we have the races coming up and Flynn is going to mum's for the arvo so he will need a bottle while he is there. I think I should introduce it now, so that in 3 weeks time he will be used to it. WHat do you guys think?

Hi Ainsley, good to hear from you! Glad to hear that Alistair is going well.

Well, must be off!

Take care mums & bubs
    Jean

Agggh teeth, I hope they never come.... hehe YEAH RIGHT! Lachlan was a terrible teether!!! Hoping Riley will be different. Lachlan showed signs of teeth at 3mths and his first one didn't pop thru until 9mths. Teeth are such horrible things.

I was the same Tan with the weight gain, but with my first son. I put on 26kgs and was a whopping 107kgs OMG! This time I only put on 12-13kgs but was def heavier to start with this time too, but still didn't get to the 107kgs, so I was happy with that. I think I am 91kgs now, so I could do with loosing 20kgs atm.

I am bridesmaid for my sister in May and she is putting pressure on me now for my size so she can get dresses!!! What tha..... I am not happy about this, as it is really important for me to breastfeed this time round and I am not going to try to loose weight right now when things are going well for us (for a change). I just know I really have to work at it - to loose weight and I am not going to make my milk dry up in the mean time, esp when I have 8 mths to go! Any advice on what exercise I can do. I am thinking I am only allowed to exercise. No jogging or aerobics.

Jean are you talking formula night and arvo bottle? If so I am not sure honey.

Ainsley - gosh Alli def has put on the weight huh, esp being born so small and all.

Danni - you just do what you think it best for you and your bub. I didn't want to give up breastfeeding with my first bub, but he basically forced me too and at the end of the day, he was happy, so I was happy.

Satya - hope you are feeling better soon.

Well in the last few days we are going great guns. Just hoping it continues. Riley hasn't liked sleeping thru the day but we finally seem to be developing a pattern in the last few days. His first feed starts at 9am of a day and then he will have a very short catnap at 10.30am, feed at 12pm, asleep by 12.30pm (then has 3-4 hours), feed at 4pm (with a catnap in between), 6pm, then last feed at 7.30pm and asleep by 8.30 to 9pm and will wake at 5am for a feed.

Lets just hope that continues. Things are finally coming together. For now...... hehe

I am guessing Riley is about 6.3kgs approx at 11weeks of age, don't get weighed until next tues. But last Tuesday was 6.160kgs. So if he is about 6.3kgs, then he has put on 3kgs since birth and probably even more by next weigh in next Tuesday. So he is a budda baby and done so well compared to my first child. Lachlan (my first son), was only 6kgs at 6mths of age.

bubNo.2 Guest

Hi

Jean hello i hope you and your family are all well?

Flyn looks gorgoeus!

My Alli is making oooh and gooo sounds and smiling and nearly giggling and it is adorable!
    The other day he was just staring at me for ages and just smiling and 'talking' to me.

My other son Tom whos 8 absolutly loves him to bits and the other night had to help me as we had a wee and poo machine baby having a lovely time pooing and weeing in his cot in between nappies.... tom was in hysterics and could not stop laughing which in turn got me going and there was poo and wee everywhere. Luckily there is what we call washing machines hey lol

I have just realised that my shoulders arent sore anymore ... they were so knotted it wasnt nice but obvioulsy it was body adjusting to a huge lump thats supposed to be a 7, 8, 9 week baby.

talk soon

Ainsley

Ainsley - nice to see you in here at last.

Jean - I say introduce the bottle. They say if you don't do it early enough you can have a lot of trouble doing it.

Danni - I hope the rash clears up.

Tan - I can't believe Cooper has a tooth already. That's so early. Good luck with the weight loss.

Sheree - Riley is so much bigger than his brother. Who knew brothers could be so different!!!!

Brock slept in his own room last night for the first time - in his cot. He looked so tiny in there. I used the monitor for the first time too. He only woke me once in the night. He went to bed around 8.30 or 9 I think then woke me at 2.30 then I found him awake and smiling at 7.30.

Today he's been feeding at longer intervals. I'm hoping that means an all night sleep again soon.

I'm having to change pills again as I'm getting major mood swings. I'm actually having one right now. DF is next door having a drink with the male neighbours after he told me earlier that he was too tired to take me to dinner as planned. When he left he said he'd be back soon and we'd sort out dinner (as in takeaway when he got home). It's 8.30 now, I'm starving and he's nowhere to be seen. Not happy. He is getting the wrath of a hormonally challenged woman right now by text message.

Better go now, Brocky is crying for a feed. Perhaps I should go next door with Brock and the bottle and then head back home. Might that get the message through?????

Donna

Hey all

lots to read :-) which is good!

Wow a tooth already through?? I know Charli is teething but whether the darned things come through who knows. Liv cut her first when she was about 20wks. Charli is drooling like crazy, chewing anything she can etc. She also is a bit of a pooh explosion baby - doesn't pooh for days and days and then I cop the giant almighty explosion that more than likely will go everywhere. I spend a few days anticipating it and praying it doesn't happen at a really inappropriate time lol.

Jean - are you bf-ing? Why don't you express a bottle instead of formula? But in any case it's fairly normal practice by my mchn to introduce a bottle of formula - particularly at night anyways. I say introduce it now for sure. I actually expressed bottles for Charli to have at about 4 weeks as i have had friends who have had a lot of issues having their babies baby sat etc. because of not taking to the bottle cos they waited too long to introduce it. As a result they didn't get to go out on a date night/outing /wedding etc for a good 9 or so months!

WEIGHT. Ha. It's not funny but I am pretty overweight and am finding some peoples comments rather amusing as to how much they weigh and so on. As per last time, I ballooned by the end of the pregnancy to something like 130kg! But always lose a good 15-20 within 2weeks of having the baby so must carry a serious amount of fluid!(My starting weight with both bubs has been around the 106-108kg). But I find it really hard to be at home as much as I am without eating stupid things and amounts! But in any case I am slowly putting weight on and I need to stop it! I don't find bf-ing does a lot for me weight wise. I was always told you would lose weight bf-ing but I don't seem to. Then again I am not doing as much as I need to ensure that I supose.

D - my 4 year old has started getting ecsma! It's just suddenly poppped up. I wondered if it was washing powder. If anyone doesn't know there is a really great product at Coles called Euca. It's amazing and you use the smallest amount. It's in a yellow & green container and usually just one slot on the shelf. It's like $10 or something but will last a lot more washes than any other powder. Try it - VERY good and economic and I think it's better on the kids skin.

Hey Ainsley - I had a terrible birth with my first - 27hours and all the works at birth. But Charli was a 3hour labour bub and I also asked for an epi but all was going to fast and Charli didn't want to wait for the guy to come lol. I was terrified at the time and was also very proud of myself pushing her out myself! :-) Well done!

Donna - haha. You don't have to be having mood swings to find that annoying :-) I would be annoyed without the hormonal issues. Hope you can get your meds worked out etc. I keep forgetting to take my anti depressants! Such a twit. It just mainly makes me tired and forgetful (whats new on that front!?). Driving me nuts though cos I literally just forget or am too tired or whatever.

Gotta run! Have a great weekend everyone!
    Rach.x

Check out my new ticker. The pic is an old one though, it was the most recent one I could manage to get loaded on it. For some reason I can't load pics I load from the camera to the laptop yet I can load them from a disc from Big W. Go figure. I'll have to head back to Big W with the latest pics I guess.

Brock slept through the night. Big yay!!!!!!! He went down just after I posted last night and woke at 6.30. It's the first time he's done it in weeks. He must've felt the tension in the household and thought it was better to sleep this one out!!!!!!

DF & I are back to talking today. He's promised a nice family day tomorrow so we are going to take a day trip with both kids. Not sure where we will go yet but it's supposed to be 23 so it will be a great day to be out and about. Tonight he's at the soccer so it's just me, miss 5 and bubs. I think I might make some jelly cakes today so we've got something nice to snack on tonight, then we will probably all snuggle up in our bed together and watch a movie.

I'm feeling pretty good today, hope it lasts. Today's my third day on sugar pills of my last pill so the mood swings hopefully will go away and I have to wait for AF to arrive before I can start my new ones. Having been on two different OCPs over a 6 week period I'm starting to get very paranoid that AF's not going to arrive. The bleeding gums and stuffy nose are not helping the situation either as that's what happens to me when I'm pregnant. I have just had a cold though, and I have had bleeding gums one other time when I wasn't pregnant so I'm sure AF will be here soon. After so many years of wanting to be pregnant who knew I'd ever be stressing for the opposite reason. It's crazy.

Hi everyone!

Re: Bottle. I'm not sure whether to start an afternoon one or a night one? If I start with the arvo one, then I will gradually introduce a night one after a few weeks. Which way should I go??? Start straight off with a night one or not? I can't remember what I did with my other two kids!! Let me know what you think today because I was going to start today in case I have trouble with him taking it. Thanks girls!

Yay Brock!! What a good little boy for mummy! Flynn slept thru once but hasn't done it since. Oh well, he's still a good boy!

I am also going thru the mood swings and my skin is playing up terribly. My skin looks like a sixteen year old's does, its disgusting. A friend told me she read somewhere that when bub gets to around 3 months old, all our hormones start to try and get back to normal. Until then our bodies had been bascially living on adreniline (sp?) from having a baby. Not sure if this is true but it seems to be for me atm.

Rach, Yeah I am BF and I'm going to try and express some this weekend but from previous experience, my body is not the best at expressing. I have heaps of milk but it only wants to come out for the baby!!

Ainsley, we are well, thanks. Trying to adjust to life with 3 kids!!

Sheree, Riley is a chubba bubba!! Must be so lovely for you after all the troubles with Lachlan. I am so happy for you guys that Riley is a healthy chubby baby.

Well, let me know what you guys all think re: the bottle. Oh yeah, any reccommendations on which formula to use??

Thanks
    Jean

Just a quick update, Ill do personals on monday.

Taylor has eczema and mild hayfever. She is now high risk for developing asthma. Keeping composure has been hard coz she seems to be following in my footsteps. I had eczema all over my face as a baby then on my arms and legs right up until I was 12 when I grew out of it and I have been on asthma meds since I was 8, although I havent had an attack in years I still feel tightening occassionally and running - forget it. I feel so bad for my little miss, we were told if she starts scratching we will need to get hand splints. Can you imagine putting a baby in splints so she cant move, its such a terrible thought. I just feel aweful!!!

Jean - I'm using Karicare from Birth. It costs around $16 from My Chemist. In the chain stores it can cost up to $20. If you are looking for some new bottles that don't cost the earth I can recommend the Happy Baby ones from Coles. We haven't had a wind problem since Brock started using them. Not sure what time would be good to introduce a bottle as Brock was being bottle fed EBM from the moment we left hospital. Your skin sounds bad, at least that's one thing I haven't had to deal with. No wonder I'm getting bad moodswings, still got all those post pregnancy hormones swimming around and then adding synthetic hormones to the mix, can't be good.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast