Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 16th - 30th 2008

bubNo.2 Guest

Default This turned out to be a vent as well :(

Morning to all,

Donna: its funny i wouldnt say my first birth was terrible as i was doped to the hilt with epi peth etc etc..... this birth i was terrified especially the uncontrolable pushing sensation but like you i was so proud of myself for pushing him out. Tell you what the doctor mentioned the word forceps and i calmly said (DF told me) 'ahh no no forceps but you can try the vaccum but as i have no epi theres no forceps going near me' with that i felt Alli come down and then i shouted i need to push and to push NOW as he is coming NOW! So i flung the gas pipe and scott DF was my coach and 4 pushes later we had our little wee mite! I honestly was in shock for at least 24 hours and as Alli went to SCN for a o/n stay i woke up thinking s h i t did i have a baby ??? feeling and i felt numb but once the nurse brought him in and i held him ... did i fall in love again!

Satya: i only just found this thread lol but im so glad i did as i miss our daily catch up online. mmm your df sounds like a young man who lets time pass him by ? Is he usually a good help or do you find your doing everything and that you seem to have 2 babies not just one?

DF and i kind of had a few wines last night and it was nice but geez my head this morning at 4 am didnt feel great lol but scott is home from work or working from home today so i got a sleep in til 9am!!! (thats a sleep in with a bub haha)

This post is taking me forever today as im wanting Alistair to SLEEEP but will he NO!!! Although he is rolling his eyes and grizzling and been up since 8am! brb
    Im back i have (ten mins ago) wrapped him and put him in his cot. BUt i had to go to resettle him as has he got some lungs. The pore little thing is sooo buggered but why do babies/toddlers fight sleep???? Finally he is quiet yay!!!
    This should be the long 4 hours snooze we hope.

I dont know about anyone else but i dont get much done when my bub is restless like his is today ... but im not worried about it. The washing and house work will still be there later. Sometimes i can get dinner ready and cooked and feed my son Tom and DSS Lachlan (14yrs) and Douglas (17 turning 30!!) before scott gets home but that doesnt happen to often so we end up eating at 7pm (which i cringe at for the kids... me im fine but kids need to eat and be in bed before i can RELAX)
    Yes we are having sooo much fun with our son Douglas (DSS) he just loves to HOVER and listen to our conversations all the time and it ****s me to tears. You would never think we have two tv both with Foxtel and you would think he is so up to date with his study the way he just plonks either in front of this laptop (which i bought and without asking) or in front of tv! It got so bad that the other month i told DF to do something as it was really ****ting me and that i was never seeing SCott without his oldest always hanging around! I dont have this much drama with my 8 yr old arghhhhh!!!
    The other DSS Lachlan well i never have to growl or winge or put my foot down with him, he doesn't hover and is the complete opposite!
    This weekend for instance is DF SCotts 4oth and Tom goes to his Oma/Dad house and Lachlan back at his mums and then there's Doug. Well he doesn't like his mum (long story) but as i said to Scott and he agrees totally Doug needs to go down and stay as we are have a party for adults only and i don't want kids of any age there and 17yrs in my book is a kid!!!. We even have organized little Alistair to be looked after form Sat 5pm til Sun 5pm for $70 !!! (my usual babysitter is a wonderful women) so Scott and I can relax and drink and dance and hopefully have sex without interruptions!!!
    I think i have raved on long enough ....
    Cheers Ainsley

Danni - There's a product in the Johnsons baby soothing natural range called Intense Moisture Cream that says it's suitable for eczema. We've been using it on Brock as his skin got quite dry for a while there. His face has now improved from using it.

Ainsley - no my DF is usually pretty good. He does more housework than I do (as in vaccumming, cleaning showers & kitchen etc) even though the agreement was that I should do it all when I'm on mat leave. He's not so good at helping with nappies and feeding Brock. He does it on the odd occasion but not regularly. That's my own fault though as I said I'd do everything for Brock while I'm off work. He says he will help more with him when I return to work, I will have to wait and see what happens. I've told him if I don't get help I will quit work. I find it funny that he likes to hang out with our neighbours as they are all around my age, not his. I think he just likes the company of us oldies. He's now told me that he will ensure that Thursday nights are kept for us like they used to be. I always enjoyed them as it gave us a bit of us time before his daughter arrived for the weekend. Let's see how that goes.

You were lucky to still have the gas when you were pushing. They took it off me as they said I'd had too much. I think they may have given it back to me when the vac came out but I was so out of it by then I'm not sure. There's no way known I'd go though that experience again without an epi. I still can't figure out why I didn't ask for one.... it was afterall the plan. All in all though I think the worst of the labour/birth was when I was at home and was getting uncontrollable shaking with each and every contraction. Not an experience I ever wish to go through again.

I think I need to hop online more often by the time I read all the posts I barely have time to write my own before Mr Cranky Pants Cooper screams at me Very much over the whole teething thing and I think he is too! Spoke to my mum and she said that both my brother and I had 4 by 4 months, 8 by 8 and so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree apparently! DP is going to get a BIG shock when he comes home. When he left Coop skinny and with a gummy smile and now he is a chubba bubba with a tooth! Before I know it he will be drinking beer, riding a motorbike and coming home to tell me he has got his gf pregnant ARGH! Outa time for the moment, hopefully be back so time tonight to get my forum fix! Oh and Ainsley!

bubNo.2 Guest

Default im so over my dss attitude:

Well Alistair hasnt slept much at all today but the poor little thing has a temp on and off since the vaccine shots last tues. Its been panadol city around here. Lets hope he sleeps well tonight.

mmm dss is still procrastinating re getting a job (he thinks money grows out of dads pocket) he wants a job that pays him $20 per hour ... this is his first ever job where talking. And im getting so annoyed with him... i just told him to stop procrastinating and find something, as im not having him mopp around all school holidays (and hanging around like a bad smell.

What else can i do any suggestions ladies re this attitude nearly 17 yr old kid ?

Ainsley

Sorry if im boring you all with DSS stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jma View Post
    Hi everyone!

Re: Bottle. I'm not sure whether to start an afternoon one or a night one? If I start with the arvo one, then I will gradually introduce a night one after a few weeks. Which way should I go??? Start straight off with a night one or not? I can't remember what I did with my other two kids!! Let me know what you think today because I was going to start today in case I have trouble with him taking it. Thanks girls!
    Hey Jean
    go for it and I have always been told to do it at night. Karicare is good. The one that I have been recommended the most though is Nan as it's suposed to be very similar to breast milk in structure.
    Good luck!
    Rach.

bubNo.2 Guest

Hi :
    It was DF 40th party last night as it was a great night and we farmed all kids out even the baby! It was a great night and sleep in .... but our little one will be home soon and im looking forward to a cuddle i must admit.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend .....)

Cheers Ainsley

bubNo.2 Guest

Helloooooo anyone out there???? lol

Yes I am here, but only just, just finished tidying up the house and am now off to bed.

Just did my new ticker. Feeling pretty chuffed lately.

Nite all.

BUB: Village/hoyts pays the best. While all my other 14 yo friends were getting $5 an hour I was getting $10 that was 10 years ago and like I said I was 14 so I am sure a 17 yo gets a more then that and I am sure that the pay rate has gone up in 10 years. Plus it has the perks of getting free movies!!

Tan: I hope the teething calms down soon. Have you tried giving Cooper a cold clean fannel to suck, dribble, chew on?? Sometimes the softness and coldness helps.

JMA: Ive tried NAN and really didnt like it...... Taylor had some seriously stinky poops and they went green ewwwwww. I have heard really good things about Karicare, we are stuck using S26 at the moment, Taylor started to refuse the bottle but I think it was the formula we tried (Novalac - colic) it smelt foul so I cant blame her for not wanting it. Now Im not game to change from S26, I know she will take it.

Sheree: I love your new ticker!!! What a spunk Riley is, very cute photo!!!

Well I dont really have any news, Taylor is taking her bottle again YAY and Im still breastfeeding, which this week has proved to be a struggle, I have been so sick I havent been able to get off the couch - not even to move to bed to sleep.

We were given steriod cream for Taylor which I really dont like using but the eczema is clering up fairly quickly. She doesnt like being moisurized though. I try and get her face and arms while bfing and her legs when I change her nappy. She has got a nasty case of cradle cap at the moment too..... any ideas??

Brock just got over cradle cap - he had it for weeks and it was foul. Just when we thought it was getting better it would get bad again.

My health nurse told me to put olive oil on it & scrape it off with a credit card. She swore it was the best way to do it. I just couldn't do it.

We just kept putting baby oil on it and after several weeks it lifted off and took his hair with it. He now has a big bald spot on the top of his head. Will change the ticker to his new comb over look (looks like his G-Pa now) when I can.

We had to use a steroid cream for Brock for a rash under his chin. I didn't want to use it but it just wouldn't clear without it. It's just come back again now so I'm having to use it again.
    Last edited by satya; September 16th, 2008 at 01:25 PM.

Ainsley - that's the trouble with Gen Y's - many of them think they deserve the managing directors job straight out of school (or at least the same pay as the M.D.).

Sheree - love the new ticker.

Brock had his biggest sleep ever last night. Ten and a half hours. I was actually up before him for once.

Default too fast

awwwwww my baby is already 3 months old today! Boo hoo
    It's amazing how slowly a first baby goes and then you just want to stop time with no. 2.

Have you tried that paw paw cream everyone goes on about for the eczema under her mouth D? my friends swear by it but I am sure it probably isn't for everyone.
    Cradle cap I used cetaphil every bath time and it helped clear it up really well. I was also told to pick it off - it's dead skin so get rid of it - so I did. It made Liv's scalp red straight after I did it but I don't think it hurt her or anything.

Hope you guys are all having a good week.
    Rach.x

Quote Originally Posted by satya View Post
    Ainsley - that's the trouble with Gen Y's - many of them think they deserve the managing directors job straight out of school (or at least the same pay as the M.D.).
    Sorry, I hate this term.. lol..
    I am considered to be part of Gen Y and I totally don't expect to be an MD straight out, although I am ambitious and I know that to get to where I want to go, it will require a lot of study. Actually I'm sitting my STAT on Saturday and am putting in an application to do a Bachelor of Primary Education with Curtin University in Perth. Fingers crossed!
    Problem with being part of Gen Y is that to do the most simple things nowadays, you have to jump through all kind of hoops. This includes stuff as simple as getting a driver's license!!

Hope all your bubbas are ok.. I still have Josie sleeping in my bed with me I know that I need to get her in her bed but I'm kinda dreading it because I know it's going to mean an awful few nights of sleeplessness... any ideas or suggestions? I know I don't want her in there forever...

Emma - Sorry if I ruffled your feathers with that term. I kinda thought it might annoy someone when I typed it, but did it anyway. I know all Gen Y's aren't like that. My DF is one of them & I wouldn't be with him if he was. He's very hardworking and has had high paid jobs as well as low ones, as long as he has a job he's happy. Good luck with your application. What do you mean about jumping hoops to get your drivers licence? In my day (god I'm showing my age now) if you lived in the country (like I did) you had to go for your drivers test with a cop in the car. I can't tell you how stressful it was in the days leading up to the test. Luckily I got one who had the hots for me (he used to visit me at work & flirt with me even though he was married) so I think I would've got it regardless. I shouldn't have bothered stressing. lol

Are you using a sleeping bag for Emma? If not I'd suggest you start using one. That way you could start her in her bed by getting her to sleep with you in it & then place her in her cot. I've found that there's less disruption using the sleeping bag. If you've got to tuck them in it wakes them up. Brock has only been in his cot for a few days but he's sleeping through the night no problem. Before that he was in a cradle next to our bed and he usually woke through the night.

Brock slept through the night again. Yay. 6.30 am wake up call. I managed to change him, feed him and put him back in his cot & he drifted off for another couple of hours and so did I. Nice. We did however have a rough evening. For the first time ever he just kept crying whenever we didn't hold him. Even gave him an extra 50 ml feed (he'd had 200 already) and it still took a while to settle him after that. Can't see any evidence of teething. He carried on for a couple of hours before he fell asleep in my arms and I put him to bed. He's starting up again now for seemingly no reason so I could be going to have a tough day. Might have to go for a nice long walk in the sunshine.

Hi guys!

We have all been really sick with the vomits up here (me included) and now we all have diaherrea (sp?)!

I gave Flynn the bottle and he took it well but didn't sleep the best. I BF him last night cause he's sick and thought he would like the comfort and he slept till 4am! I'm thinking I will give him the bottle every 2nd night now and gradually increase it.

Sheree, your ticker is gorgeous, as is your Riley!

Rach, I didn't realise that Charli and Flynn were born on the same day!

I always use a baby oil (trying really hard to remember the name of it atm ) and always rub their head with the washer in the bath and then dry it fairly hard with the towel afterwards. I also always brush their hair/head. I have never had cradle cap with any of my kids. Don't know if this is down to what i do or luck of the draw!!

Gotta go to the toilet again!!

Jean

Emma, have you tried putting her in a soft portable bed with you. That way she is still with you but in her own space. Maybe you could then eventually put her into her cot and she will be used to her own space. Worth a try!

Did that make sense?? I'm a bit all over the place atm...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast