Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #3

littlerigger Guest

Re: scrapping - going to sneak to big W this afternoon ( meant to be getting my hair cut) to get some digital pics printed so I can make the wallet card for Matt. If I do it after I give ryan his ungodly feed matt won't even know

hope everyone's great. MWAH.

Hey!

Am trying to type this whilst burping Aleise - not comfy!

Can someone please tell me how you insert the baby pic into your signature???

Aleise has been sleeping lots - I might try that hands and feet print thing next time she wakes. Acrylic paint should be okay ???

Well am trying to get house tidied up today - have been going out every day this week so I am determined to catch up on house duties.

Mum should be babysitting for us 2morrow so we can go to the movies - wanna see the new Pirates of the Carrabean movie. Should be good!

Tanya: hope you're feeling better and no more clots? How is Lucas doing??

Someone said their baby is in 000 already - Aleise is 5 weeks now and still in 0000 - she's eating lots too so I think its just a length thing... also was told she is smaller than average. I should take her to the baby clinic too since I'm driving again.. better get off my butt!

Not much else to say - hope everyone is fairing well. Gotta go and change another nappy!

Take care and huggies all round.
    Neenyxoxo (where is my new avatar????)

howdy all.

Took Nixon to get the pixie photos today he was very well behanved! Im really starting to get used to being a mum and shopping trips/car trips etc! I worked out that i have gone and done something every day for the last 3 weeks (that incls the trip to syd) so finally im getting the hang of it.
    I took a list with me of stuff i needed to get and do. Managed to get through it, have my lunch, give Nixon a feed and get to the photo's on time! Organisation definatly helped here! I cant wait to c the photos i got him smiling in a few of them and also stripped him down to just his nappy!
    Neeny. dont worry Nixon is still in 0000! I was trying to find something nice to put on him today for the pics and even some 0000 pants i have for him were too big, he has so many nice clothes he just needs to grow into them all!
    Oh and to get a pic up you do it on your ticker, so the one your using u will have to go on the website and c if they do it. The one i use Lilypie and some other ppls have that option. so you just click "Browse" and find the pic u want in your pc. did that make sence?
    I think I'll just get used to the fact i have a small petite boy, otherwise i get myself too frustrated with everyone telling me how little he is. Im just going to take it as a compliement now.

Bath- sounds like you had a good outing day too!
    Im a bit buggered now as Nixon woke @ 4am, had to bring him to sleep with me but he was a wriggle worm and didnt really sleep to well after that.

scrapbooking- After coming out of hosp i went and bought a heap of things to start while Nixon was in hospital! well that didnt happen but anyway Mum does "creative memories" and she bought me a whole heap of stuff for my bday (Not till august but gave to me when in syd) and so did my sister, so now i have everything all t he tools i need i just need to find some time to sit down! Ive done one page so far!
    I also bought some stuff today to do the prints, i will do it on Monday (Nixon will be 3 months on Mon)

I keep forgetting to say that I've done hand/foot prints for both Verity and Wade when they were little and I used a large ink stamp-pad same as banks and libraries used to use when they had to stamp passbooks and books. The ink takes a few showers to wash off but the quality of the prints is amazing: every little line and crease... I'll have to scan them at some stage to show you all. Acrylic paint might turn out as just a blob. Also try to use acid free or good quality thick paper or card so that it will last.

ergh, Tuesday is the closest time I have for this tongue-tie snip...it feels like an age! DP has a good relationship with the local doctor and she's coming back tomorrow morning. Apparently there is no appt available tomorrow, but DP's going to try to swing it by calling first thing tomorrow and saying that it's affecting Oscar's feeding. Otherwise, Tuesday it is...
    Maternal nurse appt today was good. His weight is doing well, his other tests were good and he's a happy boy despite the way he squishes my nipples! He no longer looks waif-like and the 5 cms he has grown would account for the not fitting properly into 0000 anymore. Looks like he may well take after DP - birth was the only time in his life he was average - who stands at about 6 foot 5. Oh, well, lucky I'm making the most of his while he's little!
    Was naughty and had chicken and chips with gravy for late lunch...the lady in the chicken shop missed my pregnancy altogether and couldn't believe I had a baby in my jacket (well, he was in the Hug a Bub with my jacket done up over it)!
    OK, I might have a nap before this ravenous monster wakes up again and then we're off grocery shopping...

Ooh, Bathsheba - that IS lovely linen!

compared to last month their really hasnt been many July bubs have there. besides Lucas & Alexandra only 1 or 2 others.
    in the "who's due" thread i sent a msg to add alot of you guys and bubs that were not on there hope u dont mind. gee there is alot of us!
    i wrote everyones down as they were born so know your bubs bday/name/weight!

Nic that is so sweet thanks for that.
    IK I missed the bit about Oscar having a tongue tie sorry to hear that but glad to know it is easily fixed, good luck with that.

Today it is Happy one month to Dee's (Donna) boy Lachlan!
    Hope you are well and get come back onto BB soon!

IK- whats involved in fixint the tounge tie do they numb the tounge first or something?
    Hopefully DH can get Oscar in earlier but if not Tuesday is only a couple of days away and hopefully it helps the b/f. Is there a recovery time afterwards?

Nickers, the paed that cut Alex's tongue tie literally got a new pair of sterile scissors adn cut the tie, noe numbing or anything required. Alex had a tiny cry and then was over it.

Have just sent some photos of Alex and Gaby to the email addresses that I have.

Am just checking out targets toy sale which is currently online, there are a few things I will be lining up for next week I think...there goes more money spent!

Just did a bit of online research into the safety of ink on skin. The only problem that I found could be with people having an allergy to it. It seems to be harmless. My personal belief is that more harm is done by using a lot of baby shampoos etc (especially Johnson & Johnson products). I found a lot of information warning parents not to use soaps and detergents on very young babies skins. Anyhow, I'm now fairly confident that a "one off" contact with ink would be ok and no more harmful than any other printing medium. I did an occupational health and safety subject at uni when I was studying Fine Art and ink was never covered... that's not to say it's not hazardous to small babies... but a lot of mediums were mentioned... you wouldn't believe how toxic some oil paints are! Actually! It's just occured to me that if the brand Crayola make an ink pad it would almost definately be the safest product to use! Crayola is a fantastic brand and always washable in water.

Yep, Nickers, it's a painless procedure cos there are no nerve endings in the membrane - a spot of blood and that's it, can proceed with feeding at next feed time At the moment Oscar can't get his tongue much past his bottom gum line, hence the ridge on my nipple and the 'pinchy' feeling when I feed. Tuesday, bugger, it's like waiting for Christmas as a 7 year old!
    My girlfriend bought us a column heater today. It is a lovely, lovely gesture, even though DP and I had decided not to get one ourselves because we couldn't justify a practical and efficient use of it. We won't use it in the bedroom cos we don't heat that room at night. So, I've put it in Oscar's change room and I'll turn it on at the first morning feed so that the room is warm for the next change and a later morning feed in there (first morning feed will happen in the bedroom). I have a small fan heater that I'll be using in the bedroom for middle of the night feeds, just to keep me warm at the time. I think my GF thinks we couldn't afford another heater, and her house is always too hot, so I've graciously accepted it and now am struggling to justify its use even in the change room! We hardly spend any time in there apart from nappy changes, so now I have to find something else to do in there to take advantage of the heat! I think I'm just think-typing now.
    I went for my first trip without Oscar It was weird, but DP seemed to want the opportunity to look after him on his own so that I could do the grocery shopping.
    I was disappointed that Aldi's selection of baby clothes came in the fantastic selection of pink and blue...I wanted to buy stuff for my sister but she's like me and hasn't found out the sex of her baby...and I'm loathe to subscribe to the pink and blue limitations. I did buy a sleep suit for Oscar and I'll pass it down to my sister with a bunch of other stuff when I go over there at Christmas.
    Well, it's late and I should get this monkey ready for bed.

Gabysmum- Thanks for the pics!! how cute is Gaby with Alex.... so adorable!

good night mums & bubs!

Great pics Gabysmum, how cute are your two kids!

Kel- Love the pics of the twins, they are just too adorable!

Well we did our first big excursion yesterday, we went intothe city to have lunch with my mum and dad, and FIL which was really great. I also did my first public breastfeed which I had been a little bit worried about, but when a hungry baby is calling it is allthat really matters, and it is so easy to be discreet that it wasnt as hard as Ithought it would be.

Taking Tori up to the country to see some of DH family today, it will be just over an hour and half in the car so hopefully she will be settled enough to sleep the whole way. We have to go back up next weekend for a family function on MIL's side of the family, but we thought we would go this weekend as well just to see how settled she is on the drive.
    My MIL flies in from Bali on Tuesday night- I think that she is really excited about finally getting to meet Tori, she is staying with us for a few nights, but I asked DH to diplomatically ask her not to stay for the whole trip, as I am just not used to having people in my space. She was very understanding though, and has lots of family to visit while she is here.

IK- Glad to hear that they have found out what is affecting Oscar's feeding, and that it will all be sorted out soon.

Anyway better go lots to do before we head off in a couple of Hours, and the baby is sleeping (very unsual for this time of the day) so I am going to make the most of it.
    Last edited by *Ali*; July 15th, 2006 at 11:54 AM.

Hi again!

Well it looks like we finally get some rain here in Brisvegas!

I managed to update my ticker with a photo of Aleise - only thing is the pic is really small. I tried enlarging it in the scanner file but it doesn't seem to have worked! Thanks to Nickers and Tulip for the tips. Couldn't do it through babygaga though so had to use tickercentral. Don't know why but the days don't show up on the text?

Aleise has been demanding 2 hour feeds during the day lately - maybe she's finally going to have that growth spurt??

Mum went to Aldi yesterday and bought cheap nappies for me. She's going to babysit tonight so Matt and I can finally go out! Hope the movie is good.. anyone seen the new Pirates of the Carrebean movie?

Baby bonus $: We've waited a whole month and once I called Family Assistance they advised that we needed to take our form to Centrelink 'cause I get a partial benefit. They reckon that Families office told Matt to do so but he reckons they didn't say anything! Anyway I lodged the form and we should get the $ by next week. Good thing we have money to live on at the mo as my maternity leave payments have run out.

Nothing exciting to write.. better go and scan the latest pics to CD so we can print them out at Kmart.

Take care all - will try to do personals next time.

Hi Neeny,
    Thanks for the email of Aleise! I have now created a BB folder on my computer and saved everyones baby pics that have emailed me!
    I took DH to aldi today and to my surprise he was all for trying out some stuff! (i thought id have to hide the fact stuff was from there because he wouldnt want to try it!) My sister uses the aldi nappies and found them better for her daughter then huggies. i think they r a little bit bigger than the other brands. when Nixon is a bit bigger i might try them but for now still buying the huggies newborns.

Honestly, when you get onto Aldi you can't go back! No, you can't get everything from there, but they don't say you can. They've got a great reputation, so their weekly surprise buys can't really afford to be crap. The regular stuff is great and cheaper than homebranded product in the other supermarkets.
    My nipples are screaming at me so I'm going to try to get my boy to sleep so I can express for the next feed...cup feeding was a trial last time we tried, but I think I have to give it another go.
    Went to lunch with my GF - lovely place in Sassafras called Ripe, should anyone ever be up this way! Great hearty meals and a fabulous atmosphere...even the toilet is heated!
    DP is out helping a friend move house - they're gonna be our neighbours - just a quick walk up the fire track next to our house They have a two year old and I think they might be about to go for another.
    Need to pee - will this child drop off????

Nickers - I have known many people who have found Aldi nappies to be great - I have never lived close enough to an Aldi for it to be worth my while unfortunately.

Gabysmum and Neeny - thanks for the photos they are gorgeous.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast