Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #33

ahhhhh, I'm back with follicles tended to!
    I've also spent some birthday money - a fabulous cardigan that has been looking for me for two years. I have resisted buying cheaper, less-fabbo cardigans for a long time, and today, in my new local boutique...it found me! It's layby'd to save DP the heart-stopping news of a whole purchase...it's not THAT expensive, but boys don't see how a price can reflect the worth of a garment and still not be extravagant. It's hand-knitted, chunky and purple. When I pick it up I'll post a photo on photobucket Anyway, that's just my little woo-hoo - it's perfect for BFing, too!
    Nickers - yep, certain dogs can donate! Odin will have some blood tested, so it's still not confirmed that he can be a regular donor, but the first criteria are over 25 kg, over 2 yo and phlegmatic enough to take a ten minute duration blood sample from! It's through the Uni of Melb Vet people at Werribee. If you were interested in seeing if your dog was eligible, let me know and I'll procure a contact...the study is upside down at the moment with DP doing a major overhaul, so it might be a while before I can furnish a number! Hope Nixon stops with this throwing up caper.
    Jess - alpacas, schmalpacas...how's Pat??
    Rory - so glad you had a 'moment' in your thoughts about life with Flynn, even if it was prompted by someone elses's conception difficulty
    Ali - I hope you've recovered from your feelings after the fall! Best of luck with TTC in April - pretty exciting times! Who's next??
    Well, better organise dinner so that we don't have to have a quickie pizza at brigade tonight...

ON the falling with babies, I have fallen twice with Ruby, but fortunately had her in my sling which is why I always carry her in it!! Got some awesome bruises though...

Hey IK! Happy birthday! Sounds like a yummy cardy - I'm a bit of a cardy girl myself but i'm having a "mutton dressed as lamb" crisis at the moment. You know some people you look at and you think "you'd look so good if you would just..." and then there's the people who just look tragic because they are trying to stay young so I'm not sure how to dress at the moment, especially with all these weird fashions, I think they all look like pregnancy clothes which is great for Nickers (and soon ali!) but not so good for me...

Nickers - Nix is really having a vomit workout at the moment hey? They're funny how thye do this almight vomit and then just chill and giggle. Ruby will often fall asleep covered in it.... well not often! She has once.. but it was pretty gross!

bellasmum - how's pat doing? is he a bit better yet? Did I read that he has asthma?

Ok gotta go!
    Just quickly - HI CeeCee! Awesome about having some friends nearby, that's just perfect! I wish I had a few more friends close by with children. Let me know next time you are up this way (narrabeen) as I'd love to catch up and meet little Ally! I'm glad you're having such a great time, you deserve it.

REally really have to go now!

Yeah Nickel he has asthma, its a family thing though so not new to me!
    Still whingy pants...bbs

DH is doing the "dad rocks" thing ATM - calming Flynn down before bed. Flynn reacts so well to him - I think he is "over" me by the time I try to get him to sleep.

Can't type long cause I have to work tomorrow and wanna get back into the kitchen to tidy up - tonight I made spinach pie, lasagne and rice slice so we will have a full freezer soon.

goodnight all

hi there,

IK - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
    i hope you had a wonderful day, and good on you with the Cardi, I do the same thing with DF, Layby, they just dont understand money and clothing do they?

Bath - How annoying just getting Niall down. DF does the same thing to me, i will get him down, have a really rough night with him and he will get up for work and bang around in the kitchen and wake him up, then he is up for the day!! Im going to try putting some more milk on his cereal too thanks

Cee Cee - Great to hear from you, so glad you have found some friends in your area!! I have the lady next door and the other lady two doors down, they both have young kids so i spend a fair bit of time with them! Thanks for the washer idea too!!

Nickers - Oh poor nixon! Its funny isnt it, if we vomit like that we are in bed sick but babies seem to get it out of the way and have a laugh!

Rory - Spinach pie sounds really good, you will have to give me the recipe. Yummm

Oh well, thats about it for me, im off to playgroup today, lachlans cold seems to be clearing up and i need some adult conversation so we are getting out of the house!

Hope you are all well and ill try to get back on later.

Well it seems as all the positive thinking has worked out,I have been offered 1 days work a week back at the school I was at last year. It is such a relief and takes the pressure off big time. I may pick up a second day but it is not so urgent now, otherwise I can pick up the odd relief day here and there and al that money willjust be extra savings. It is nice to finally know that we wont have to stress about money and I can get ourbudget up and running properly and hopefully with our new budget money should be a stress anymore.................

Great news, Ali, that the job will take the edge off things for you
    Donna - so glad you have the company of other mummies nearby! It helps, somehow, doesn't it?
    Thanks, Nickel! It was last week, but as we went away - and, mercifully, nowhere near shops - I didn't really get a chance till yesterday to spend any of my money. I also needed some time to think carefully about what I would buy with it. I knew I'd go visit the new boutique and had a feeling I'd get something fabulous, just didn't think it would be the cardi I've been after for ages! The haircut was the other thing. I was going to buy the ABA book "Lives Touched by Breastfeeding", as every story that has been published in Essence from that book has made me teary with warm fuzziness, but DP said he'd get that for me. So, I think I'll renew my ABA subscription, subscribe to Kindred magazine and just put the rest into monies owed (agistment, farrier needs to be booked soon etc). I just become like a rabbit in headlights with birthday money - I want to get something that will suitably commemorate the reason it was given to me, instead of just buying groceries.
    Bath - how's Niall today?
    OK, got some things to do before I head off to meet a couple of GF's for lunch, I'll probably lurk a bit later

Hi girls... only just turned on desktop after using the laptop for the past few days... (still don't have email on laptop)

boys really whingey (but they loved French Music this morning) ... back later...

ETA: received your email Nickers (product recall)... I use Coles Online too and get messages from them, but ta, I liked that brand of dip too. Pretty scary... imagine if you had bought it!

Ugh, feeling very flat.... had insomnia last night after Niall's feed... had to get up early for Wade's music lessons... have drunk too much coffee and had chocolate too to keep me awake throughout the day... haven't been able to nap... when Niall napped Wade wouldn't and kept whingy/tugging at me. I didn't crack it... I just tried to ignore him (as I lay on the couch... but it was just awful... i'm walking around like a zombie.... I've just taken another dose of In-Liven because sometimes that gives me a bit of extra energy... now Verity is home and filling the house with even more noise and running through the house even though I've told her a million times not to.... and she's saying "yes" to everything Wade wants to do even if it's wrong and then he gets confused because I tell him "no" and now he's a screaming mess and I'd better get off here

sorry to girls who asked me stuff... Hi IK... good work on the cardy... it sounds gorgeous

Hey guys, forgot to mention that i have put some piccies on my website so please have a look!!

Ali - Great news about the job!!

Bath - Lets hope you sleep a bit better tonight and have a bit more energy tomorrow!!

#karen# Guest

Bath - know how you feel re family chaos. Have hubby at home now too after an accident at work. He'll be off for a few weeks and will be nursing him so probably won't be on here for a while. I also have Luke charging into the room as I am getting nathan to sleep. very frustrating.
    IK - thought of Oscar last night. I fell asleep feeding Nathan in bed. I woke a few hours later to find him reattached and feeding again.
    Rory - had to laugh at being trapped in the shower.
    The last few days have really knocked me around having to drive to the hospital each day, over an hour each way because of traffic, why couldn't he have fallen somewhere closer to home? (i'm not used to driving anywhere more than 40 mins away and get headaches from driving) But Nathan was so good in the car and at hospital. We're very lucky it could have been a lot worse. DH badly broke his wrist which was operated on and he has trouble walking which we hope is only muscular. Anyway better go and get some shut eye before tomorrows onslaught.
    Take care everyone and will be back when my freedom returns.

Karen - hugs for you! Sounds like the world gone mad at your place ATM - hope it all subsides before you know it. Did you just have to hold back a giggle at finding Nathan reattached?? It's amazing how they know what's good for them, isn't it? So, when does that all change and you have to keep them away from junk food??? I hope the driving doesn't fatigue you - stay safe on the roads, please!
    Donna - great photos! It's about time we got some nice piccies of your boy Don't have a clear shot of you, though, I notice - I'm starting to put a face to a name...
    I've just been baking with Oscar fast asleep on my chest here. I botched some more soda bread, then very nearly bothced another, but it's salvagable. I baked a variation of an anzac biscuit recipe - used honey instead of golden syrup and added currants. They're not bad and I can hold my head up when I present them to the other mummies in my Mothers Group tomorrow! I also cooked up a mean chicken curry thingy. I used a recipe but deviated again by using coconut milk instead of chicken stock and added some crispy vegies (snow peas, red and green capsicum) and it turned out quite presentable, indeed. Now, this may seem, to many of you, quite basic cookery...but trust me, these are culinary feats for someone like me! I'm a kitchen dud (hence botching a couple of soda bread attempts in as many days...and it's a p!ss easy bread to bake!). So, I'm chuffed thus far.
    There's more upside-downness going on in this house and the bed is covered in filing cabinets and other study debris. Can't go to bed till DP gets onto that...he is SO lucky Oscar is asleep and ready to transfer to beddy byes...grrrr...I'm sleepy, though!
    Bath - please find your mojo soon! I hate to see you on a downer, but everyone needs them every once in a while, even if it's just to appreciate the better times when they come back - I do find value in pausing a while to feel a bit of misery before moving on to better feelings. Not dwelling there, but 'feeling' it for a moment instead of trying to stuff it back into its box before it's done its job. Does that even make sense? It IS closer to 1am than I'd like...
    OK, might get a chance to get back on tomorrow, but not sure. Take care, all!

Karen- oh your poor dh, and poor u having to look after the whole household. i hope his injuries heal soon.
    Donna- great pics of Lachlan, he has such a cute smile!
    hmm what else. DH as of yesterday is offically 2IC of his company! He has to start in Syd on April 2 so will be saying bye bye to Nixon and I and just returning on weekends. i hope i cope ok as ive been getting very tired of the early arvo.
    Tupperware training is going ok, as much as i want to train to be a manager (alot more $$ and incentives) i dont want to take anymore on at this point in time. i dont think they really understand this.
    Im going to be on my own with a baby 5days out of 7, to keep the house up keep incase of inspections, trying to pack by myself, whilst dealing with pg symptoms and doing parties and finding a babysitter each time!! i got the feeling last night the lady just thinks im using excuses, i got a bit emotional on the way home and quickly pulled myself up, this is exactley what i dont want this time round is stress.
    speaking of work when i go back to syd i'll prob be going back to work (syd office) 2days a week. went in and saw work yesterday to tell them i wont be back in the melb office so waiting to see what they have to offer.

Hello all, well Cody is 9mths today and he is starting to shuffle forward so yay for my boy, this is the longest that I've b/f my boys, I'm so proud of myself I'm hoping to get to 12 mths but I'll see how it goes.

Nickel reiki is where the person performing it on you connects with your aura (sp) and finds problem areas and takes all the negative stuff out and heals your body and soul so to speak.

Nic thats great that you may be able to get your job back once your in Sydney, sorry to hear that the Tupperware lady doesn't believe you, as you said don't let it stress you, you don't need that s**t this time. How's the morning sickness going?

Karen sorry to hear about your DH, hope he has a speedy recovery.

Everyone else hello, it's really slow in here, ah well better go and watch Love Actually.

hugs xoxo

Happy 9 months Cody

Happy 9 months! It's gone way too quickly. Amanda, I forgot to comment on the reiki - sounds awesome, there's so much energy in the human body, how could we not find a way to transfer it for good instead of evil? Glad it had some sort of effect on you
    Oscar is now standing for ages at a time and it's not long now till he takes a step while doing it...time for that leash and harness!
    Nickers - maybe the lady does understand, but with heightened emotional responses, you may not have perceived her care-factor to be as high as you perceive the situation to be? She may have been quite sympathetic, but just not shown it as much as you wanted her to, is all I'm suggesting - give her the benefit of the doubt, perhaps? Only because if you don't it might make you more defensive and you'll get more upset when the both of you are feeling a bit adversarial.
    Wonder how Mel's holiday is going? I imagine it's going great, but I won't dwell on that too much or I'll burn up with jealousy!
    Well, tomorrow swimming and then catching up with my sister.
    Have a great weekend all.

Hi there,

Well another quiet day here at work today, the only thing is that my boss is in here with me today so i have to try to look busy, no playing games and emailing everyone today, and definitely no sleeping on the desk like last week! hopefully he will leave early. We went out to a bbq last night, we took lachlan for the afternoon and then my sister came to pick him up and take him home for dinner and bed. Its just easier, there was about 15 other kids running around at this party and i have a hard enough time getting him to bed at home let alone with all the noise there. The only thing is that my boss has re scheduled our work boat party which we started last weekend (it was stormy so we came in and just had a party at his house!) for two weeks time, i dont want to have to ask someone to come and babysit again, i feel like a neglectful mother going out and leaving him at home but its just not practical to take him on the boat. he cant crawl around or anything, there is no where to heat up his dinner etc. Im thinking that we just wont go. It would be a great afternoon but like i said to DF (he didnt take it too well by the way) We are parents now, our social life has to change, it doesnt have to end but we have to consider whats best for lachlan too!

IK - I will have to try to get a piccie of myself to put on, its funny, i was going through them all and i dont really have any good ones of me and lachlan, i seem to be the one taking all the photos! The baking sounds delicious too. Im not good in the kitchen either (not like BATH!!) but im getting there, its just finding the time.

Amanda - Happy 9 months cody!! I love that movie 'Love Actually' Im going to have to watch it again!

Nickers - Wow, not long to go until DH goes to Sydney. When do you officially move up? Is DH going to find somewhere to rent etc??
    Dont take on too much with the Tupperware, it may be extra cash but the amount of things that you have to do at the moment is huge and considering Nixon hasnt been well, i think you are doing great to still be standing, i would be exhausted. Good luck with everything and if you are going to be staying at Engadine, i will come up and meet up with you!

Karen - Sounds like a pretty hectic time for you. Doesnt it make a difference when the kids behave themselves?? I hope DH's wrist heals up quickly, how painful!

Oh well, girls better get back to work.

Dee its a shame you'll miss out on the boat cruise - is there no way you could bring yourself to get someone to babysit? I can totally understand just not going though, sometimes it is way too much hassle!

Amanda congrats on bf till 9 months and beyond - I am really starting to know what a challenge it can get to be. I am still bf Flynn but he has had a few feeds of formula because I was desperate to get him to sleep and thought it would help. It didn't though - of course!!

Karen do please drop by and let us know how things are going at your place - I hope DH is better and you are not suffering to much from looking after the WHOLE family.

Hello to everyone else

Better go - Flynn just woke up!

Hi girls... just checking in again... everytime I've sat down at the 'pute lately it's suddenly become too hard with children needing stuff/noise/demands. Hopefully things will settle down soon.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast