Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #46

sure is addictive Jaspen! I just promoted to Manager 2 weeks ago, i am not currently doing parties however still going to Sales Meetings etc. I think i may start back in Jan now as we are looking at buying a block of land and building again so need the extra $$.

i swear my keyboard is playing up it skips letters on me all the time! so ive my post is all over the place u will know why!

Dee- great to hear from you mate! i cant beleive they wanted dh to keep working over xmas

i just uploaded the boys Santa pic in my gallery check it out!

Hey Nic how do you go doing Tupp parties with the boys, do you have a babysitter or do you take them with you?
    I only have 2 at home next year but am putting Melissa and Nathan in two days a week at day care, I asked for Tues/Wed or Wed/Thurs I'll find out in Jan. But I kinda though about signing up and being a seller, mainly so I can get some cool Tupperware.

cool Dee another one on board! soon well have converted everyone to selling tupperware lol!
    Im actually not doing parties atm even though i promoted to manager.
    when i was pg with tyron i did parties until 36weeks.
    im thinking of starting back in Jan maybe 1 party a week and i wont take them with me DH will have to be available.
    thats why atm i am trying to work out a scedule so i can lock in certain days i will do parties and certain days i wont.
    Tyron could come but there is no way i would take Nixon. he would just distract me and if he mucked up he would be my responsibility to look after.
    go for it its a great opp to get a quality product at an awesome discount you should see my fridge, pantry and cupboard now!

No, Nic - you're making my jealous! I tell my guests that one day, when I'm a growed up Tupperware lady, I'll have my pantry completely sorted, as well as my fridge...and that meanwhile, I'm not allowed to plug my earnings back into Tupperware cos I have to get this O/S trip done first! Yeah, let's Tupperise the world, starting with BB first I've only taken Oscar with me to one party and that was cos it was my friend's playgroup it was sort of an office preview set up, rather than a party...and I was trialling the playgroup! Otherwise, there is no way I'd have my brain on the job.
    Now, girls, I'm drinking banana flavoured milk. Not just any milk. It's goat milk. I've never really had it before and I"m sitting here adjusting to the taste. It's not pungent at all because my friend keeps her bucks completely separate from does and milking facilities. However, I am definitely getting an aftertaste that I can now attribute to 'goatiness'...same after taste I got at the weekend when eating another friend's delicious goat cheese (they bought theirs...I just about finished it in one sitting). I think I can get used to it! I"m going to do a google search to see about making some cheese with the milk I have - the creamiest, most flavoursome stuff it was I was eating on Sunday! Anyway, I'm going to get back to adjusting to a new taste in milk...better than soy milk, anyway!

Mmmm love goats' cheese!

Just back from BB Chrissy dinner... met some more new faces... and caught up with others... had a lovely night... looking forward to the next BB "do" on Monday.

Now to catch up in here!

gee long time no posts.

goats cheese, hmm ive never really given it a good shot to say i def like it or dislike it

anyway just thought id share how small this world really is.
    Turns out i actually know Donna (Dee78) sister LOL!
    Her sister was dating a good friend of mine (my DH best friend and best man from our wedding) a while back. They are no longer together but still close. DH went for a drink tonight with his mate and she was also there. How funny!
    Thats like "6 degrees of seperation"

Nic that is so funny, how cool is that, yeah I totally think we are all linked by it.
    I had goats cheese once, I know I liked it, it was yummy, should try it again soon I think.
    Bath Glad you had fun at your BB Meet up.
    Well went to the Carols last night at the Botanical gardens, They so were not for kids, we ended up leaving and rather than take the ferry back we walked around the kids had a ball walking back to our friends motel, Nathan threw some sand on Allanah and this man next to us, I was so embarrassed, I apologized and removed Nate from the sand, which he screamed the place down for but this man was really really PO'd at us sitting next to him he kept asking the kids to be quiet and gave us very dirty looks (there were 12 of us all together, 9 kids, 3 adults) then Nathan went and did that, he didn't accept my apology. We left. They truely we not being naughty or unruly just being kids. No one else around us cared less just him.
    Anyway we are off to a park for a birthday party today with the Gold Coast girls, lots of fun, need to leave very shortly.
    My friend is sleeping over tomorrow night, I can't wait to sit down with her and polish off a good drop of red....or two, lol.
    My Chrisco order arrived on the 24th Nov missing two boxes, Was kinda put out as I was excited about recieving it, Anyway they are finally sending out the missing hampers next Sat is my new delivery date, so I'll have to stay home all day and wait for them to arrive, I'm just glad to finally be getting it.
    Ok Talk soon
    Dee

Dee I hate old grumps like that!!

All is good here - we took Ollie to a Law Insitute dinner last night and every woman in the place was all over him. One mate's wife is a midwife and another's wife is a lactation consultant and mothercraft nurse and they were fighting over who gets to hold him LOL! DH and I barely had to look after him all night. Meanwhile, Flynn stayed with his grandparents and tired them out - he is being such a gem at the moment

Bath what is the BB do on Monday ??

Aurora- just love it when you get good people who want to have a hold all night, but in the end my arms alway feel a little empty so am alway very glad to get my new born back, after all we all know how soon they lose that newness expecily that wonderful smell..

Dee- why did you have to leave I'm sure it would have been much easier for him to move.. Its so hard at things like that to keep kids still quite and happy much easier to let them be if they are happy, as thats what makes them quite in the end, and carols are ment to be for the kids after all.

Maya- Goats cheese have to say I'm a big wimp when it comes to new tastes so I have never tried it but I hope one day when I get big girl taste buds I might like it LOL, has anyone notices that as you get older you seem to enjoy different tastes a lot more than when you were younger?

Well we got back from Townsville, we stayed at seaguls which had a great pool which we took the kids in for a "night swim" but with the longer days it wasn't to dark, but they loved it. Its so funny when you take kids to a hotal they get so excited about everything they had to check out the bathroom and both had to tell us that you could get tissues from a box in the wall. They loved that the could still see the TV from there beds. ( We didnt when it was passed there bed time and we could still see there little heads popping up and down.) Poor Kailaia cut 3 of her molers in the night and we didnt have anything to give her so she and us just had a really bad night as she slepted in our bed, so she kicked and wiggled all night..

We went to the strand and the night market but felt we must have missed something as there isnt much to townsville ( sorry jaspen ) or from what we could see, we went to the city and there was no-one there it felt like it was a sunday after 12 in a small town, the shops were open but I couldnt see many people been that it was a friday about 3pm, even when we went to the strand water park at 10.30 the next day it was really quite, maybe we were just in the wrong part, but it did remind me of Darwin and I know that there is nothing in town there and that no locals go to town in darwin and will only go to casarina shops.

We were ment to be going to the carols here tonight but its just too hot and humid so that will just mean midges and as kai swells up with each bite ( or wee in the case of the midge) we thought we would give it a miss. DH has said that next year we will take them to the carols in melb which will be good but very big compare to what we are used too.

You can come to the carols in belgrave next year, Tali! you won't recognise the roundabout corner where the carols are held
    Ror - sounds like a great night!
    getting osc to sleep now, we've had a big weekend of cleaning after we had a cathartic moment on Friday night, hence I've hardly been on!
    I've got two or three outfit options for tomorrow night - seeing as I'm short on Christmas dinners this year, I'm treating this screening as my frock up event!
    Jaspen - how did you go over the weekend? I hope you can get some conclusive answers soon.

Rory - MCHN are a bit strange sometimes, they give advice when you don't need and don't give advice when you need it!!!! Great that Ollie is growing well, you must be doing a ripper job. He sounds like he enjoyed his first Law Institute do, charming all the ladies. BB is screening The Business of Being Born - Ricky Lake documentary tomorrow night. A few of us are going along (and about 200 others LOL!!!).

Bath - Thursday night was horrid! It was a weird day today too, started off cool but warmed up very quickly. Glad Friday night was fun, I was going to go but had another xmas "girls get together". Look forward to catching up tomorrow.

Dee - welcome back! I bet you can't wait for DH to be home for xmas. I can understand how hard it must be for a toilet break when you are on your own with 5 kids! I love Maroon 5, I bet the concert will be fantastic and Rob Thomas - what can I say (YUM!!!!). Why do people go to family events if they don't like kids or don't like kids being around???? Grumpy old buggers annoy the hell out of me. Pity Nathan didn't flick more sand on him LOL!!

Ali - all of you having gastro would not be pretty! I hope you feeling better soon, esp you. Being pregnant and having gastro must be doubley yuk. Take care of yourself.

Nic - the photo is beautiful! He looks like a nice Santa too. Nixons seems pretty cool with sitting on Santa's knee. It is a small world, I thinkt that all the time when I hear stories like that, very freaky!

Maya - goats cheese is just divine, esp the one from Yarra Valley Dairy. Its worth the trip and their Persian Fetta (my mouth is watering now!). I am not a huge milk drinker, don't mind milk shakes or smoothies but not straight milk. I can't stand soy, but have never tried plain goats milk. So are you frocking up tomorrow night?? Glad its not going to be a hot, humid night.

Tali - shame about missing carols but I would avoid too if the midges come out in force! I get a really bad reaction from mozzie bites and have lots of scars on my legs from scratching so bad when I was a kid. I still scratch bad when I get bitten and they say in the paper today that they are going to be out worse this year, great! Maybe Jaspen could tell you if you were in the right part of town?

Very busy weekend. Friday had xmas dinner with friends, lovely night that ended with us all in the spa with our punch! Saturday Chelsea had a party, then I had to get food ready for a bbq we had with friends today, wrap pressies. Today the bbq and it was great. My GF has 3 lovely girls (6,4,2) and all the kids played so nicely together. Marley is getting over a cold and was a bit cranky today.

I am a bit annoyed with my brother today. As I mentioned before, we were going to do a family photo for my dad for xmas. I spoke with my SIL to organise a day and we thought today would be good, late afternoon after my lunch guests left. Well my brother text me to say he already had other arrangements and couldn't come. I don't have many nights free leading up to xmas, we are so busy so I told him to forget about it and we should all just organise our own present for dad. I am just going to do a photo of my family instead. Why are these things always so damn hard to organise???? Enough whinning, better go finish the last of the wine and the delicious white chocolate and cranberry pudding we had for dessert today

Tali it will be great if you can make the Melbourne Carols next year - I have never been but always wanted to go - maybe once kids are older I will make the trek in for it.

Maya, Mel and Bath - have fun at the screening tonight - I had forgotten it was on. It would have been good to go but I was worried about buying a ticket and then having a baby on the same day LOL! It's probably a good thing I didn't plan on going though, as today I want to swap a shirt for Flynn and pick up photos, tomorrow I have another Law Institute function to go to, a GF is coming over Wedbesday, Thursday night I have a Law Institute Council meeting then Book Club Christmas dinner, and Friday I have a MCHN appointment and my Mothers Group Christmas dinner - so I am pretty damn busy ATM!!! Lucky Ollie is still sleeping well and through all sorts of noise!

Better go - I can hear Ollie waking for another feed. I was woken this morning by Flynn and Ollie at 4.30am and spent the next 2 hours running between them and finishing decorating the Chirtsmas tree. I figured I am a morning person so I would rather let DH sleep through the kid wranging in the early hours so I can have an afternoon nap and leave him to handle the feral pre-dinner time frenzy.

Rory - sounds like my week last week! And half of this week, too...hence no going to last Friday's Vic Christmas dinner!

Hi Girls,
    Well our lovely Birthday party turned to disaster yesterday as Melissa lost the top of her middle finger on her right hand. Two hospitals and 11 hours later we were back home just before one this morning. It's all to much to write in detail about right now. I feel so sick and guilty. I do feel that I failed as a Mother yesterday. Poor Bree took her to the toilet for me along with another little girl at the party and while Bree was getting the other girl off the toilet, Lissa ran off on her and basically jammed her finger in the door which severed it. My poor big girl was so upset and blaming herself, which I have assured her it isn't. Anyway theres a long road ahead but in hindsight I guess it could be a lot worse, hey!!?

omg Dee poor Melissa, im so sorry to hear what happened that must have been terrifying for you all.
    When you get some time please tell us how she is doing, were they not able to save the part that come off? i would probably feel the way you have descrved but please dont, it was a complete accident and there was probably no way avoiding it.
    ohhh poor Melissa i hope she is feeling ok. i hope Bree is ok too totally not her fault either.

Oh my goodness, how sickening! I can understand how you could take it on board and feel like a bad mother - and how hard it might be to believe us when we say you are NOT! Truly, Dee, it really is 'one of those things'! How could anyone predict that could happen from a simple trip to the loo with a big sister??? You can't. I hope you can stop flogging yourself sooner, rather than later!

Oh Dee, what a night! I feel for all of you, esp Bree. I hope she is not taking it too hard, it wasn't her fault, it wasn't anyones fault. Like the others said, just one of those freak accidents. Hope you are all doing ok. Let us know how she is going when you have the time and energy to talk about it. Lots of cuddles and DVD's (and maybe some lollies too!). You are definately not a bad mother!

Dee- who hasnt let there older child take the younger ones to the loo or anywhere when you have the others to look after, what a fricky accident to happen. Was it just the tip or the whole finger? hope you both are feeling a little bit better today. Just remember its not your fault its what you would tell me if it happen to one of mine so if it wouldnt have been my fault then it cant be yours.

sorry cant post right now can hear Kai having a field day opening gifts under the tree..... again!!!!!

time for more sticky tape repair....

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast