Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #49

Hi guys, just sticking my head in quickly, still struggling along with my 2 little precious darlings, but I *think* I am starting to make some headway with it all. I think more than anything I need to stop being so hard on myself for not being able to do everything 'perfectly'.

Julie- WOOHOO on the little girl, you must be so excited. Glad you had a nice weekend away. I hope to catch up again with you really soon.

I had better make this a quick one, Liam is a sleep *shock Horror* and Tori has gone to mum's for the day and I have 100's of things to get done.

congratulations Julie on your little girl!!!
    we have organised a birthday party for Nixon next Saturday. Im making a cookie monster cake so hope it turns out and will have to show u pics.
    Yeah Tyron has been early with everything so far, had 2 teeth at 4.5months and sitting at 5.5months. Nixon couldnt sit till he was about 9months either.
    Ali- life with two is much more hectic, because u may have a good day with one but bad with the other! if they alternate a few times a week makes for a pretty full on week.
    I'm finding Nixon the harder of the two, he can be so highly strung, definatley a firery little boy, wher as Tyron is just as placid as they come. i hope his personality stays the same!
    jess- wow sounds like a pretty awesome view you've got!
    Happy birthday ZAYDEN!
    well it was now this time 2 years back when my membranes ruptured and i thought i was peeing myself!! it's amazing how many of us are still here chatting away and all of the ongoing support we have all had for each other. BB and this group has been a big part of my life, thank you all

Jess - glad to hear the move went well. Maybe have a garage sale to get rid of some stuff and make some cash too.

Tali - Happy Birthday to Zayden for yesterday. What a big boy now. I hope he had a fun birthday. Hadn't even noticed the new smilies LOL!!! They are cute.

Ali - don't be so hard on yourself. No one does things perfectly, but your kids and DH love you no matter what. Things do get easier and you are doing a ripper job.

Nic - OMG I can't believe Nixon is 2 next week!!! Have fun making the cookie monster cake and don't get the blue icing on anything as it stains really bad. Time has certainly flown and I'm glad I became part of this group too. Pity I didn't know you back then.

Chelsea had her sports day today and came 4th (out of 5) in her running race. DH said is was hilarious watching them. She had a ball and was pretty excited to get her little ribbon. They came last in the relay but they still go a ribbon for that too.

Nic- O my cant believe that Nixon will be 2 next week, that now means not too much longer and our babies will also hit 2 very sad really...( As you might be able to tell I dont cope to well with my Babies getting older )

Mel- Sports days are always just so cute DS is just so slow ( takes after me lol ) but he just doesnt see it he always tells me after that he must have his slow runner's on that day and thats why he couldnt go fast!!!

Julie- BHL has only gotten to use his BBQ a few times as he has been away but he is still in love with it I got him a cook book on BBQ and he told me that he doesnt need one as he is already the best cook!! LOL I told him I dont want just steak every night...

Well we went to Green Island on Friday and we had a great day ( have put some photo's in the gallery) mum, zayden and I snorkled and got to see loads of fish but its a bit sad really as you can really see how dead the reef is becomming and when watching some of the tourist who couldnt swim you can really see how they would ruin the reef more by kicking the reef with there feet!!!

We were the only blondes on the whole boat which was funny as it ment poor may and kai werent left alone May didnt care so much but Kai hated it as the would just come up to them and try to touch the girls and take many photos. One lady came up to May on the beach a picked her up BHL got rather angery and told they lady to put her down the lady just smiled and told him that she was " very cute" which is all fine and dandy but you dont pick up someones kid, lucky May didnt freck out too much but kinda scrary that she didnt as it makes you think would she just let someone take her and not say anything?

Well have go as we are going to port douglas today while BHL starts to pack...

Hi

Ali – Hope to catch up with you too soon – let me know whenever you are up to it – I’m more than happy to drive up your way as my two don’t mind the car. Was meaning to ask you also if you’ve used the newborn insert with your ergo and how you have found it? I love my ergo but can’t picture a newborn in it!

Nic – good luck with the cookie monster cake – that will be so cool!

Mel – Glad Chelsea enjoyed her sports day, sounds like she had a ball. I just can't imagine Oscar doing well at sports – he’s a great runner but is so distracted I just think he’d run the opposite way to every one else!

Tali – lol at just getting steak each time! Hope you had a lovely time in Port Douglas. I wouldn’t have been happy wither with a stranger picking up one of my kids – just rude!

Jess – Glad the move went well, your view sounds amazing!

Thanks for all your ‘girly’ congratulations, I still can’t believe it! I’m itching to go into town and buy ‘a few’ things from Myers but am holding myself back until James’ sister has her baby so I only need to do one trip into town. She is now over 37 weeks and has never made it to 36 before so it should be any minute as previous bubs were 33 wks and 36 wks! She’s going for a home birth this time which will be great for her as she has such a ‘quick and easy’ time of things – less than an hour for both previous ones.

Got the cd from my ultrasound today so have posted a few pickies in the gallery and changed one to my ticker.

Boys have been evil to each other this morning, before 9 oclock we had eye gouging, face slapping and biting each other fingers! Starts out as a game but then one of them does it too hard then it breaks out into war! I took them food shopping to wollies expecting a hell of a time and have to admit they were complete angels - it’s amazing how quick they can swap horns for wings!

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Julie x

Well, I'm no closer to finishing this lab report - DP and Oscar have been sick over the weekend...why does this always happen when I'm at a crossroads in my committment to this damn course?? Argh!
    Might have to take Osc to the doc tomorrow to get a med cert, and I really didn't want to have an extension hanging over my head for this assignment
    Mel - good on Chelsea! Thanks for your email...I'm mulling over it ATM.
    Julie - I'm dreading the day that my kids (ha! when the second one turns up!) are at each other and I know how my own mum felt when my sister and I were at each other...
    Ali- I know what you mean about doing this perfectly. Around here if things dont' get done by me, they don't get done at all, or they get done in a way that has to be redone anyway Where it doesn't immediately affect my line of sight (being that I'm such a visual person) I can let it go, but if it's in an area I see all the time, like the kitchen or loungeroom, I can't get anything else done until it's 'just so'. Hence, no lab report...it's not a good thing to be so damn visual!
    Nic - 2nd anniversary time! You're in such a good place this time round - today is a world away from what you could have imagined back then. You have another boy, you've bought a house, you're near your family...it's all good!
    Strangers and kids - dunno, I don't have the same feelings about strangers picking Oscar up. They have and they do and I really like it - it makes me feel more connected and that Oscar's part of a community where people reach out and feel safe enough to pick up a stranger's child and show affection to them. He's often the 'victim' of little girls who are feeling maternal towards him! At a birthday party in a park the other week, two girls came over and were 'handling' Oscar (picking him up, helping him onto the bench to have lunch, wiping his face!!). The other people at the party all looked horrified (but said nothing) and when the girls went a bit away asked if I knew them. I said no and they were talking about 'in this day and age you worry about that sort of thing', and I was so sad that it's come to that. The girls were really taken by him and were involving themselves where they had no obligation for it. It was so sweet in my eyes. This wasn't even in my area, it was off the mountain a bit, so I even surprised myself at being so comfy with non-hills people! Anyway, they're my thoughts on it - I love other people acknowledging Oscar and being affectionate with him
    Osc now spends most of the day without a nappy (despite the cooler weather, often without pants at all!). He's had the runs and even so, he still waits till he's on the potty or toilet to let it out. He's growing up way too fast - he assembles the toilet seat all by himself, it's a seat and step all in one thing. Everything happens too soon with him, I just want to savour his baby-ness!
    Ok, better get back to my cuppa and books...see you all when I emerge next...

Howdy belllas!! I am back at work and have been busy - I am working 3 days a week now and will be ramping it up to 4 days a week in May. I am also flying to Milldura on Friday for a conference and will be staying overnight so will be a whole 24 hours away from my bubs! Not sure whether to say woohoo or boohoo - I will miss them but at the same time it will be lovely to leave home at 11am, fly out, check into our nice hotel, go to the gym, have a bath, eat a lovely dinner on a paddleboat, sleep in, have brekky made for me then fly back in time for the mid-morning feed. (Can't you tell I am looking forward to it LOL!!!) Only bummer is I am not sure I have expressed enough "mook" for Ollie so he might have to have a formula feed, but I guess I will have to get over the guilt soon enough.

I am sturggling with work ATM - I am not sure whether my lack of enthusiasm is due to being with the same boss for too long or something deeper. I feel like I need to "move out of home" so to speak but how do I know whether the problem lies with me? Maybe if I give it a red-hot go here I will feel differently? Ah well, at least I have a job to sturggle with I guess, I am lucky in that sense.

Maya I am wih you on the "Around here if things dont' get done by me, they don't get done at all" - Mick is still struggling with his thesis poor love and every day I get honme the place looks like a bombsite, but I am doing my best not to say anything because he hates the thesis so much I don't want to nag him to finish it. The thing that worries me is that I will be full time in June and I just can't run the house and work as well, so I hope it is done soon so he can take over.

Julie, "it?s amazing how quick they can swap horns for wings!" LOL!! I can so see Flynn and Ollie being like that in no time (sigh!) At least that will be one good thing about working - it will be up to Mick to deal with the fights most of the time.

OMG Tali I would freak if someone picked up my child like that - they are lucky you didn't slap them!!

Howdy everyone else - Jaspen, Bath, Nickers, Ali and Amanda. I would so love to do more personals but I am at woprk so really should get stated. No use getting in early if I don't make proper use of my time

So ciao bellas, been nice talkin to yas!

ETA : Is it normal for Flynn to become the "silent assasin"? He is pulling hair and pushing and sitting on other kids - not with any obvious malice, just with an impassive face like he is playing with a toy or something. He looks sad and says "sorry" when you tell him off and delights in playing with other kids normally, but he is just such a booffer ATM. He used to be the youngest and scardest in my mothers group, now he is the bully! Mum said I was the same at that age but it doesn't make it any easier. As soon as Mick finishes his masters I want him to take the boys to a playgroup so Flynn can learn about interacting with other kids. I know he is only young but it is still upsetting - grrr!
    Last edited by Roryrory; April 15th, 2008 at 08:51 AM.

Bath - I just noticed my new av! Love it, love it, love it!!! Thank you

Tali - I love Zayden's reason for not running fast, how cute. Your pictures look great, it looks like a beautiful place but shame about the reef. I have never been there before, maybe I should before it gets any worse. Are you going to miss that when you move back to Melb? How is all that going? I not too keen on people taking my kids anywhere, I am happy for them to talk to them etc but while I am around. It's a bit sad that we have to be so cautious but unfortunately that's the way things are now. Marley wouldn't let anyone touch her anyway LOL!!! She would either freak out or give them her big stinky eyed look and that usually scares them off.

Julie - buying for girls is dangerous!!! Lots of cute stuff around, be prepared. Myer just had a sale here but I think it finished on Sunday. Are the sales the same around Australia? Love the ultrasound pics, how clear are they. At least the eye gouging etc didn't happen at the shops lol!!! I am trying my hardest not to intervene too much with the fights unless its getting nasty. I think Marley has it sussed that she whinges enough and I will come and sort it out. Need to change my approach!

Maya - I'm sure you'll get your report done. Did you take Oscar to the dr? Hope he is OK. My DH is very good at helping out but he does things "his way", which isn't my way! So usually I end up doing it anyway. I like "my way" of doing things and it's quicker and easier for me to do it. He still gets his fair share of work given to him, but being a shift worker, he has more time to help out. Oscar is so good with his potty, I am too scared to let Marley lose on one.

Rory - howdy! Mildura sounds fantastic, you are making me jealous! Hope you get to enjoy yourself, you deserve a bit of time to yourself. And its not too long away from your babies. Just enough for you to relax and sleep in! I found with my last job,that I didn't enjoy it anymore as I had been there for too long and the challenge and excitement wasn't there anymore. Maybe you are finding it hard to be excited by work and too tired to be challenged? I'm sure the reason will show itself to you. Maybe it is your boss. How long has Mick got left on his thesis? Is he just doing revision, I thought you mentioned previously that he had handed in. Don't know much about the "silent assassin" behaviour. Maybe the playgroup is a good idea, they learn alot from other kids their age (or any age) about how to play, share etc.

Finally got Marley fitted for a good pair of shoes. She loves them, struts around the house and says "shoes, shoes" every 5 minutes. Myer had a good deal, by 1 pair and get 50% off the second. That will see her through winter and beyond hopefully. The girls actually played really well last night (they do squabble alot), Marley got dressed in one of Chelsea's fairy costumes, she looked hilarious, tiara on and all. Chelsea put the CD on and the two of them danced for ages. I had to call DH in to watch, we were killing ourselves. Wish I had of thought to get the video camera. I wish they played like that most of the time.

Yeah, work day is over! Time to go.

I knew I was the odd one out on kids being picked up by people you don't know! Maybe I'm just blessed to live where I do where my mistrust has been eroded
    Mel - I've come to some conclusions about this lab report - better to hand in a crappy one now than to chance not getting a med cert that covers me (with all the revisions of extensions and spec cons!) and having late penalties applied. I'm going to get stats tutoring to take some of my anxiety about that aspect of my course away. I'm also going to head up to the fire station now so that I'm not studying at home. It means I don't get internet so I'll have to just make do with whatever articles I've downloaded so far, and so be it if they aren't what I actually need!
    Rory - Oscar is getting into this phase. He's trying out his new size, but he's also copying other kids when they do it to him. I hate it and there's no point shaming them about it at this age, they don't get the point and they just feel picked on in return. I take Oscar away and say 'Be nice'. I don't say "don't hit" cos if he's gonna understand anything, it will be the 'hit' part, just like the add many years ago where the mamma bear says to baby bear 'Just behave yourself' and the baby bear says 'beehive? Yum!'. I reiterate 'play nicely' and if things escalate, then I just leave. Best for all involved. This also tends to only happen with kids his age or younger. Older kids, that he's used to playing with, will actually engage him in wrestling and other 'sanctioned' forms of rough play. I haven't done playgroup and probably won't, just cos between the brigade families, booby club and now Kindergym, he's getting some pretty good opportunities for interaction. It is a good idea to have them with all sorts of kids to pick up on 'kiddie' conventions. They tend to sort each other out with what's acceptable or not, if you just let them be. Sometimes not, but usually yes.
    Better get to the fire station, my new study area! BTW, DP was really good last night when I told him I was having a study crisis. Instead of being negative he helped me be constructive, and instead of being defensive and in denial, I faced up to my crisis! Maybe the DP I met is starting to re-inhabit his body...
    have a great day!

Well only one more week of BHL been away and then we are packing and then we will be leaving!!! Still very worried about if we are doing the right thing or not but its got to better than staying up here where I have no family support plus the one good friend I have up here has just been posted to Melb so it must be fate... I will miss the weather though I just love the heat up here but that said I am looking forward to getting to put on some jeans... If I had a choice I think I would move all the family to the sunshine coast as they seam to have the best weather ( even if they do get wopper storms )

Isnt it funny before I had girls I would look at all the cute clothes and wish I had a girl to dress but now I have them I am very drawn to the boys clothes as they all look wonderful...But that said Julie you should be able to find some very nice girly stuff but like Mel said once you start you might find it hard to stop, one word of advise though try not to buy to many dress's in size 0 as this can be the size that little girls start to crawl and it makes it very hard to do in a dress once she is on her feet you can go buy them then ( Kai can still fit into a size 0 dress)

well better go still have my parents here until sat plus Kai is starting to smell!!! Cant wait until we move just so I can start to potty train...

Hi there,

it seems like a life time since i have been on here!!

I havent had a chance to catch up with all the posts yet but i will get there i promise.

Well, as you can see i had another little boy. Cooper david was born on Valentines day. I had anothe short labour (3 hours) which im happy about.
    BUT - I have another terrible sleeper. He has reflux. the first few weeks were hell and its only now that i have stopped breastfeeding that he is starting to settle. He still only sleeps for 20 mins at a time through the day but im only up twice a night so its a bit more manageable that it was with Lachlan.

Lachlan is going ok, he has been diagnosed with Asthma. We had a terrible weekend with him and ended up in hospital and he now has his own little puffer to take (we have to pin him down to get him to take it though!) He has been great with Cooper, doesnt really seem phased that there is a new little person in the house.

Its my one year wedding anniversary on monday and i cant believe it has gone so quickly.

I hope you are all well. I will try to get back on to catch up with all the posts and see what everyone is up to!!

Yay donna its great to see you in here!
    i love your ticker pic too very cute boys.
    Oh bummer you are faced with another bub with reflux and sleeping issues. atleast your a bit more in the know this time around, you know what different sorts of things to try and help Cooper with. Is he on any medication for it yet?

i have always found clothes i like for the boys but i cant help to notice how much MORE variety a lot of places have with girls clothing.
    and all the accessories that go with a girl, hair clips, braclets, necklaces its endless! more money i know but its very cute... anytime i need a "girlie" fix i buy something for my neices hehe

Hi all. finally my internet has been fixed and have so much to catch up on.

Juile congrats on the little pink bundle, I'm so happy for you.

I've had the flu for the last two weeks, but starting to get better now, so will go and try and catch up.

hugs xoxo

Ok this has to be really quick as I am ment to be getting dinner ready!!!

I have just take a a photo of my new hair colour and would love to know what you think Blonde or Brown I have a before and after photo up...

Please excuse the photos I just hate photos of me and dont normally put any up of me but if you are going to tell me which is better then they will have to be up for now....

Maya - did you hand your lab report in? At least once its in you can breath easy until the next one!

Tali - I checked out the pics and I am in two minds! Having been brunette, then a blonde (and many other colours in between!), I really love your blonde hair. Makes you look younger and fresher. The dark hair looks groovy but is a bit more harsh IYKWIM??? Hope that doesn't sound horrible. Good on you though for taking the plunge, bet you feel better for it. I totally agree about the dresses on girls. No dresses until they are walking, or skirts even. I've seen a few kids go head over heels when crawling with a dress on.

Dee - great to see you back! I noticed it is your birthday today HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! (Thanks Facebook!). Hope you have a lovely day. Love the pic of the boys, very cute. Sorry to hear Cooper wasn't sleeping well but like Nic said, at least you are well informed about how to deal with it. I can imagine it must be hard making a nearly 2 yo to suck on a puffer! I'm sure he'll get the hang of it. Lets hope no more hospital visits. Come back again soon. Would love to see some more pics of the boys, will keep checking facebook.

Nic - you are dead right about the cost of girls stuff! They suck me in with all the matching stuff like the socks, hair clips, jewellery etc. Chelsea is right into the jewellery, but shops like Diva are great for cheap but not too gawdy looking jewellery.

Amanda - glad your internet is back up. Bummer about the flu, get well soon.

Still at work, I'm going out with the girls for dinner tonight. Nepalese, which I have never tried before. Should be fun. Out with DH and friends tomorrow night too, so busy weekend. Kids are great. Marley bought home some really cool painting and pastings she did at creche, which are very artistic! Chelsea is doing well at school and trying very hard with her readers every night.

Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful weekend.

hi all, hope you all had a great weekend...What the weather like in Melbourne as I will be there in about 3 weekend arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr we have so much to do....

Anyway I had a big boo hoo today about my not so lovely mil, I am so glad we will be leave soon she just makes me so mad...

Thanks mel with the coments about my hair my sister said the same thing she things I look better blonde aswell I think I will put a red through it after BHL gets home as I love red hair anyway and normally go that way when I am in a need of a change, so I might be red for the winter and blonde for the summer.. Plus I am growing my hair atm so that I have some if my sister want up-do's for the wedding then I wll more than likely chop it off again as my hair is way to fine and fly away for long hair. ( poor Kai has the same hair its so fine that it matts like cat hair, so its always sticking out with bed head and car seat hair, very funny )

Well BHL gets back on wednesday and that the same day to u-pack-it truck comes and drops off the container so we ( or should I say BHL ) will be very busy packing I would love to say that I would help but BHL is a perfectioness so he would only have to re-pack things " the right way " anyway so I am going to my GF house on thursday to get away with Kai so that way he might be able to get most of it done without us there..

I will be off line as of saturday so will have to post a goodbye up date from there unless I get to a computer while we are at caravan parks on the way down, plus the libuary once I am at my parents house.. But we hope that we can find a place to rent asap when we get down there... We have decide to stick with Berwick and BHL will just have to travel or stay at my sisters place near the city some nights, as BHL wants to get back out to the mines while the money is there to be made at least for the next 5 yrs or so before he get a normal job with normal pay, and if I want to have a 4th and stay at home with that one as well then its the best plan for now, we will just have to save, but now that we wont be traveling down to melbourne every year we should be able to do that... Now all he has to do is find another mining job, that flys out of Melb...

Mel is Chelsea on readers already!!!! the prep they have up here is just a all day kindy even mum said it when she walked into class she said it was just like a kimdy not school QLD is so backwards with somethings they brought prep in to be in line with the other states as it was the only state left that did a year less than everyone else, but still they havent done it right! May still has no formal teaching its all play based so I am very glad that she cant go to prep when we move as it would be a big shock to her system, The problem thay have up here is that prep is stil not complusery which means that yr 1 is still the offial 1st yr of school so they dont want to teach the preps to much as in there letters and reading as the children who were not in prep will behind once they go to yr 1 iykwim, but like I said I am glad I will be out of here soon...
    Last edited by New Dawn; April 21st, 2008 at 10:41 AM.

Hey Tali just a quick one - I like the brunette better cause it highlights your eyes more

Tali - I think I prefer the blonde, only cos it's softer on you. You look sexy hot as a brunette and brunette is definitely edgier as a look...I just know you as a big softie, though!!
    Mel - how was Nepalese? I've had it once before and I remember really liking it. It was in Sydney, in Newtown - a lot more Asian varieties of restaurant in Sydney, I feel. I DID hand in my lab report and I feel heaps better, even though I know I will fail that particular assessment (better to hand in roughly on time and it be crap, than to lose marks on something that wasn't going to improve given more time and end up with a mark deficit IYKWIM!). I've definitely got mojo back - I went to the library today and instead of farting around for a couple of hours to get into the groove, I got my book from Reserve, found a spot, and read for a couple of hours instead (nearly fell asleep, so I took a toilet break to perk me up again). I finished a chapter of reading, and even though it was last week's reading, it was more reading than I've done in any other single week! Shouldn't take me too long to catch up at this rate.
    Might leave Oscar with DP tomorrow for a bit and go to the fire station to read some more material. He's been busy bracing the house so that it doesn't move every time you walk from one end to the other - novel, I know!
    I was away all weekend for some CFA training and that was awesome and very intense. I brought my breast pump and my nipples had a nice break from Oscar's sometimes 'beaky' attachment (only on the left breast, can't figure it out). I brought home 2.2 litres of frozen liquid gold, from just over 48 hours of being away from the kid! I woke up a bit full, but resisted the temptation to wake up in the middle of the night to express. Funny thing is, though, I get to sleep in longer when I'm at home than I did on the weekend - breakfast at 7.45...I'm normally up an hour later than that! Still, cooked brekky, yummy morning and afternoon tea, fully catered lunch by the kitchen staff, wonderful roast dinners two nights in a row...my poor belly couldn't cope! I love staying there, and I also like to come home to meals less reliant on so much meat! Oscar sure was glad to see me. I spoke to him each morning and evening and he is pretty good on the phone - he giggles, mutters every word he knows how to say and just before he says 'Bye bye mum' (waving at the phone, so Daddy reports) he says 'I laou you', cos he can't pronounce 'v'. Man, they are the hardest phone calls to hang up on!!
    Nic - how was the party?
    Amanda - welcome back! I still have your old email address, I was sure I changed it, but it musn't have saved properly - could you shoot me an email so I can save it?
    Dee - so good to see you back! Hope those kidlets are treating you well
    Better go have a bath before mini monster wakes up again...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast