Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #49

How's this Melb weather, last week heat wave, today freezing!!!! Thank goodness for the rain though, its doing a nice job watering my garden.

For those with older kids, definately go and see Horton Hears a Who. It was great, so lighthearted and funny. The kids loved it and sat for the whole movie with no problem. It went for about 90 mins. I can't believe how much popcorn 2 kids can devour!

Tali - thankfully no flooding (yet!). That's really awful that they are teaching kids of such a young age about getting fat. I understand the obesity epidemic but surely there is a better way of doing it. For some it might have the opposite effect and give them an eating disorder. I think its important for kids to understand why they need to eat healthy food but not by telling them they will get fat if they don't. My kids are both good eaters and are allowed treats. Sounds like you did a good job on the garden filling 2 skip bins. You must have been stuffed after that? How disappointing that the navy won't pay your moving expenses. Regardless of whether you can get a good deal to move everything, they should still be paying or at least contributing something. Get out plenty of winter clothes, because as you know, Melb winters can be super cold (esp after coming from Cairns). It must be hard to know what to pack now. I bet as soon as you do pack something, you will need it LOL!! Love the idea of a plug in heater.

Just been raiding my wardrobe for some warm clothes to wear to work tomorrow. Haven't had them out for a while. Will definately be packing the umbrella and scarf.

LOVING how Melb does this - truly, I do! I have so many summer and winter clothes, I love to give them all a good rotation
    Perfect day to see my horse after a long absence - I took Oscar (cos I got guilted, then told that it was ok to leave him at home, but by then the guilt trip had done its work...) and he kept pointing out all the poo...there's heaps of poo around on horse properties!
    Tali - how crap about the moving expenses. I agree with you and Mel - terrible way to bring home a message about healthy eating. I notice with Oscar that when he has packaged foods that are highly processed (like his favourite, chips) he stays awake for longer and just strings out near the end. When we have food that is cooked from fresh food we don't have an issue. Today, he had chips and he didn't go to sleep for MIL until she called us (we were at the fire station) and I got there with 'Baboo'. He had dropped a can of food on his toe and upset himself further and just wouldn't go to sleep! I reckon his toe nail might fall off, and he broke skin, so that would have exacerbated an already strung out kid. Luckily, he has a lot of homecooked food and snacks like chips are a rarity in this house (cos DP scoffs it and asks me to keep it to a minimum, for his waistline's sake!). Maybe the next kid won't be so affected by preservatives, who knows? My active kid reacts to it, though.
    Amanda - glad that you get breaks in the MS now! I remember that with Oscar - at about week 19 the sickness subsided for moments throughout the day...enough for me to enjoy Christmas lunch, I recall! Camping with 5 will be a whole new adventure - the older boys will really come into their own with their caring duties!
    Mel - I'll be out at Clayton tomorrow...it will be very cold, as usual! I've got to knuckle down and do some reading, though, now that Oscar seems to be settled there...assignment due in about 3 weeks I WILL go round for a coffee after this assignment's in! On a Thursday when Oscar's in Swich...
    I had a proud Mama Bear moment today. First of all, I had left the potty up near the fridge and he leaned over it, ****ed a leg and took aim...he's been watching dogs, it would seem! About an hour later, after spending the afternoon playing at sitting on the 'throne' (the big loo), he found the potty again, sat down, said 'poo' and when I looked, sure as you're born...a poo! I was not expecting him to pick up on this so soon - I thought I had months, at least, before this would happen, so now my kid's just racing ahead of me and growing up.
    Off to bed now...in the middle of composing this I had a fire call (didn't get a truck and we were called off, anyway, as the neighbouring brigade had in under control).
    Beddy byes now!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; March 27th, 2008 at 09:21 AM. Reason: ETA:I tried posting this at 1am, went to bed, woke up to see it hadn't worked...

Maya yeah the older boys do their fair share now, Kailen is like a mother hen with babies and especially Cody, so I know that I don't have any worries there. Yay for Oscar, it's amazing what they pick up and choose to use before your ready isn't it.

Mel I might keep that movie in mind for the school hols in two weeks, glad you had a good day.

Tali yeah it's lucky we forget what pg is like otherwise there would be a lot of 1 child families, lol.

Well I've had a busy last few days, on the weekend Kailen brought Cody in and he'd hurt his foot, but seemed ok, then the next day I saw him sort of hobbling on it. So on Tuesday I took him to the Drs and he sent us for an xray, I couldn't get in on the Tuesday so had to go first thing yesterday and sure enough a small greenstick fracture of just above his third toe, They can't put it in plaster as it's not worth it so we just have to be a bit more careful of it, for the next six weeks, poor thing, but he seems to be coping alright and it's not causing to much pain unless it gets bumped, so I guess that's a good thing.

hugs xoxo

Amanda poor Cody hope he feels better soon.

Maya - yeah for the big boy poo!!! Zayden also trained himself before he was 2yrs but not to worry May took until she was 2.5 yrs and I have stoped tring with Kai until we get down to Melbourne... Where is the year going every day that pass's means our babies are getting bigger

I am hope to take the kids to the movies next week thought this would be the one to go to so will have to try to get there we havent been to the movies for ages so will be a real treat.. As for pop corn both may and Zay go through a huge big tub most of it is gone before the movies even started which means then they drink way too much and need to go to the loo half way through the movie but always at different times!!!

Well we just got news that BHL has gotten the job in melbourne that means he gets to come home every day ( dont know if I will cope with that lol ) which we are all very happy about!!! But it means we have to leave in april as they want him to start in mid may!! The boss wanted him down there next week but BHL said that he has just got into work so the boss has said he can do the 2 weeks out come home for a week fly back out for a week then come home on the 23rd of april pack a house drive down find a house and unpack and find and start DS in a new school!!!!

Piece of cake dont know why I feel like I am spinning LOL

Poor mum and dad were comming up in may but now they cant I know it will all work out in the end...i hope
    Last edited by New Dawn; March 27th, 2008 at 03:59 PM.

Amanda poor Cody hope he feels better soon.

Maya - yeah for the big boy poo!!! Zayden also trained himself before he was 2yrs but not to worry May took until she was 2.5 yrs and I have stoped tring with Kai until we get down to Melbourne... Where is the year going every day that pass's means our babies are getting bigger

Mel - I am hope to take the kids to the movies next week thought this would be the one to go to so will have to try to get there we havent been to the movies for ages so will be a real treat.. As for pop corn both may and Zay go through a huge big tub most of it is gone before the movies even started which means then they drink way too much and need to go to the loo half way through the movie but always at different times!!!

Well we just got news that BHL has gotten the job in melbourne that means he gets to come home every day ( dont know if I will cope with that lol ) which we are all very happy about!!! But it means we have to leave in april as they want him to start in mid may!! The boss wanted him down there next week but BHL said that he has just got into work so the boss has said he can do the 2 weeks out come home for a week fly back out for a week then come home on the 23rd of april pack a house drive down find a house and unpack and find and start DS in a new school!!!!

Piece of cake dont know why I feel like I am spinning LOL

Poor mum and dad were comming up in may but now they cant I know it will all work out in the end...i hope

sorry computer is stuffing up when I posted it it couldnt find the server so I hit the refresh page and hit post again so now its up there twice and I dont know how to remove one lol

Tali - OMG how exciting for you! That's such great news and having DH at home will be wonderful for the kids (and you!). Don't worry I'm sure you'll get it together in time. Less time to think about things, you'll do it. Have you found somewhere to live yet? You could go and look at schools once you get there, I'm sure it wouldn't matter if you sign them up a bit late. MIL took Chelsea to see Alvin & the Chipmunks which is an old movie from the January school holidays but some of our smaller independant cinemas still show the old ones. She loved that too! She is being very spoilt this week, 2 movies and she is at my GF today and off to the Pancake Parlour. I have a bit of weakness for that buttery, salty popcorn.

Amanda - poor Cody. It's going to be hard to keep him quiet for 6 weeks. How are you feeling now?

Maya - we are certainly getting a good rotation of clothes lately LOL!!! Definately coat and scarf today. Bloody freezing this morning. Its fantastic that Oscar is settling in well to daycare. Makes study for you a bit easier to know he is having lots of fun. Let me know when you are coming over for coffee, would love to catch up. You have every right to have your proud Mumma Bear moment, that's so clever of Oscar. Who would have thought poo would bring so much joy LOL!!!! Out of all the phases of baby/toddler, I hated TT. I am not a very patient person so it really did my head in. I am hoping Marley is different. She pulls at her nappy when she has done a poo, so that is a good sign. Chelsea would have stayed in a pooey nappy all day, never bothered her. I'm sure he's on the right track though. Such grown up things they are doing now. Bit sad really

I have a wedding to go to next weekend and I finally found a dress to wear. I rarely wear dresses, more of a pants girl. But a special ocassion means a special dress. Got a beautiful black dress which has cream satin underneath and overlayed with a thick lace. I love it and I had a friend come with me for her opinion as she is very honest. I needed new shoes (of course!) and they had a 50% off the second item. Bonus! Got the outfit for $220 which was fantastic and the shoes are divine and I will be able to wear them to work too.

Better go do some work.

Hi All,
    sorry i have been off the radar a bit but we have some exciting news!! No not pregnant, but we bought a house!! Im so excited. the pest/building inspects get done Mon/Tues so fingers crossed.
    Its in the area my DH has longed to get back into and it is a lovely place just thought we would never afford.
    FIl is going to kind of live with us, the house has two entries and the wall is knocked out but we will close it back up and its like a granny flat, so he has a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, lounge/dining and porch.
    we have 3 bedrooms.
    The house has only ever had 1 owner. Sadly the husband passed away unexpectidly just last month. The wife needs help around so has bought a villa up in Newcastle to be close with family. So for her money isnt really the key and we got it at an awesome price.
    It was such a spontaneous buy, the RA rung DH on Thurs night and told us about this house and the proce reduction, we went on Friday and made an offer there and then, they accepted we signed the docs and its sold!!
    as all of this was happening there was another open and lots of ppl came to look! So i feel we got lucky.... we have lots of big ideas on what we would like to do, some of it b4 we move in some of it over time. either way finally we can work on something that is ours and settle in an area we want the children to go to school,sport and grow up in.
    Today we took all the family through to have a look.
    The place is 60yrs old but immaculant. even under the house there is not a drop of dirt.

oh and other exciting news Tyron can kinda sit! he isnt too stable yet but he puts his hans out infront of him and can balance for a little bit! He even got game and grabbed for a ball and didnt topple over lol

Amanda- Poor cody. that will be a hard task keeping him off it as mcuh as possible for 6 weeks. any plan of attack there?
    Maya- wow Oscar! its funny i came in here and read this tonight because i actually attempted to get Nix to poo in the potty but no go. Ive been talking to him about thwe toilet for a while now, where the wee's and poo's go etc Late this afternoon i took his nappy off and remembered he had not pooed for the day. So i thought i'd be game and see what happened. I brought the potty from the bathroom where it has always been, into the loungeroom and told him he can sit on it to do wees and poos. He sat on it but nothing.
    Then he took himself to the bathroom, came out and said weeeee!!
    so i went and had a look and he weed in the bathroom, silly mummy took the potty away from where he was used too. But i looked down and saw a tiny nugget! Knowing a poo was inevadable i attempted for him to sit on the potty and the toilet, but nothing. Gave up in the end and put his nappy on. Within minutes of the nappy going on he pooed! So i think he still thinks this is where poo goes. I never expected him to pick up on it yet but its worth trying every now and again!

Mel- look forward to seeing a pic of you all dolled up! Im a pants girl too but felt so fantastic to wear a dress recently at a wedding we went to!
    Tali- you sound like me last year! It was April last yr DH had to come back to Sydney and start working and in May when Nix & I came up, far out a year goes quickly!

I've had lots of friends announce their pg news recently its an excting year! a few of them have been trying for a long time so its just the best news. (One couple 7yrs)

Hi all, just checking in while I have a few moments to myself.

Nic- Great news about the house, you must be just stoked.

Mel- Gotta love a bargin hey! I have a wedding in August and I told myself i would buy a dress to wear (I never wear dresses but thought I would make an effort) hopefully I can find one I like.

Tali- You must be stoked about moving back to Melb, sounds like it will be a bit of a rush, but hopefully once you are moved and settled it will be well worth it all.

Amanda- Poor Cody, he has been in the wars a bit lately hasnt he. I hope he recovers quickly. I hope the your m/s is easing up now and you are feeling better.

Maya- Woohoo for Oscar going to poo on the potty that is a huge step- Tori is getting towards being ready for toilet training, just need to wait untill Liam is a bit more settled so I can devote the appropriate amount of time to it.

Bath- I hope that you are feeling better and starting to regain some of your energy.

We have made HUGE leap with Liam this weekend, his Losec is working a treat and we have started getting him to settle to sleep in his cot instead of in our arms because each time we put him into his cot he would wake up so I was spending ALL day everyday settling him to sleep. Now he is sleeping up to 2 hours at a time, and if he does stir I just need to go in and put his dummy in and give him a quick pat.

I am off to see 2 friends today who had babies this week, 1 on Thurs, 1 on Fri- Luckily they are in the same hospital. My friend who had her baby on Thursday actualley had undiagnosed Pre-eclampsia and had eclamptic fits on Weds night and got rushed to hosp in an ambulance and had to ahve an emergency c-sect under a general anaesthetic- thankfully she is doing ok now, and the baby is great, luckily she was lready 38 weeks preg.

Anyway I have heaps of jobs to catch up on now that Liam actualley sleeps during the day. I hope everyone is keeping well.

Good afternoon Girls Just a quick one... having a big baking day (details in Lulu's baking thread in the food forum) and need to get the kitchen cleaned up... but just wanted to say that my energy levels are way up after having my first accupuncture session yesterday! It's either that or the cooler weather or the medication is starting to work! I really feel so much better! Also Julie's new avvy has been loaded with her new bump... hope to hear from her soon! Will hopefully get back in here later after my baking tornado has been cleared away!

hi all planned to type more but ollie is teething so i am typing one handed. suffice to say hello all and keep up the posts - i really enjoy hearing what you are all up to

better go - gonna surf amazon anf fantasize about books i would like to buy if a. i had the money and b. i had the time to read them LOL

hi to all the junie mums

just a quick pop in to catch up on where you are at and to nosey at my new avvy. My parents leave tomorrow so i will be back online after that to catch up with personals.

all fine here, bump growing nicely and have just started to feel proper kicks.

Hope you all had lovely weekends

Julie x

Nice one, Julie! Glad you're feeling the little one -I miss those flutters! Will have to have a word with my ovaries and tell them not to mind Oscar's feeding
    Amanda - have you felt movements yet? Sorry if I've missed you saying that you have!
    Nic - congrats on the house!! I saw that in your Status for Facebook - good work! It's been a long time coming, chicky
    Rory - must be busy with work and the boyos! It's great to see you dropping in Do it more often, even if it's just one line!
    DP is trying to put Oscar to bed and there is one little upset boy in there. He just wants to wander in and out of that room till he finally falls asleep at the boob. I don't mind doing that (I take a book with me and read that while he crawls over me and eventually falls asleep), but DP has got it into his head that he needs to force the issue. I hate listening to Oscar scream, although I do know that he's with his Daddy and all he has to do is accept Daddy's snuggles. He's going to have to in a few weeks' time when I'm not here
    Oh, another poo win - he's been weeing in the potty pretty consistently when his nappy is off (yes, even though it's been cold, I keep his top half warm and let his bottom half naked - he's quite happy with this arrangement!) and tonight, when we got back from visiting, he sat on the potty and wee'd - not even in front of us, just went round the corner and did it. Then, I was filing my nails (have glass nail file! My missing one was found and I got another from my GF) when I realised Oscar was getting up from the potty...and there it was! So, that's twice in one week...slowly but surely. (Update: all is quiet in the bedroom, I think a little boy succumbed to Daddy arms) I'm chuffed more so because it is so unexpected for him to just initiate his TT. (Update: kidlet's asleep)
    Well, while the boy's asleep, might pack for tomorrow and do some more tidying in one of these rooms (it's all in a state of flux!).
    night!

Hey ladies
    Well, just a quick note from me while I'm allowed to use the internet. We have moved into the new house and OMG I am so in love with my view! Haven't got the cash to move the broadband over yet, but at least i have Dial up.
    The 4 older kids come home this weekend and I am hoping they love this place as much as I do. The littllies absolutely adore running in and out of the house and I actually forgot what it was like to have a heater that actually warms the whole house until now!
    Haven't got time for a lot of personals but,
    MAYA- Congratulations of Oscar learning to use the potty, I have finally got Bella using the toilet, but Pat is a long way away from even trying to go on the toilet.
    JULIE- I remember feeling those first kicks, they are magical aren't they?
    RORY- Poor little Ollie, I think Pat must be getting some more teeth, he is drooling something shocking atm.
    BATH- How did the baking Day go??
    ALI- Yay for Liam's sleeping! All my kids have been pretty good sleepers except Bella.
    NIC- Congrats on the house hun!
    MEL- The dress sounds gorgeous! I'd love a look at it!

Anyway, that's all the time I have for now!
    Hugs to all our little toddlers
    Jess

Nic - congratulations babe!!!!! That's brilliant news. It was obviously meant to be. When is settlement? You must be dying to get in there and start making it feel like your own. Tyron is getting clever sitting up. The new pics on Facebook are so cute. You have been blessed with 2 very cute little boys.

Ali - fantastic news that the Losec is working. It must feel great to have him go to sleep in his cot (give your arms a rest anway!). Hope you find a nice dress for the wedding. I feel alot more dressed up when I wear a dress (it's a very rare thing for me to buy a dress, pretty much like you).

Bath - glad to hear the acupuncture has helped you. I've heard lots of positive stories of how it has helped all sorts of conditions. How did the rest of your baking day go? What other yummy treats did you cook up?

Rory - good to see you pop in. Can't believe Ollie is at the teething stage already, where has the time gone?

Julie - how exciting to feel the kicks. They are such beautiful moments (except when they happen at 3am LOL!!!). Hope you parents have had a great time in Oz.

Maya - how cool you found your nail file and have a spare! Glad to hear DP managed to get Oscar to sleep. How unreal you got another poo! Way to go Oscar!!!!

Jess - glad you can atleast use Dial up, even if it does take forever. The house sounds great, you must be so happy (and warm!!!). I'm sure the older ones will love it too.

Marley had a bit of crash this afternoon. We have 6 stairs coming off our deck and she has mastered them pretty well with no falls so far. Today she was going down (she wriggles onto each step with her bum) and must have got her foot stuck and tumbled down about 3 of them and bumped her head when she got to the bottom. Poor thing was very upset and DH was here, but she didn't want a bar of him, just her Mummy. We put an icepack on her forehead, which she didn't like at all and now has a nice bruise there. Both girls were having so much fun outside until that happened. She didn't really want to go out again. Meeting some friends at a playcentre tomorrow so the kids can run wild!

Hi to everyone else and hope you are all happy and well

Gee we are all so quite ATM but with some of us on school hols its understandable we dont start until friday...

Well BHL has now found out that his new job is in Epping but I have been told by almost everyone thatr Epping is not a place to raise children, so now we are looking at maybe renting a house around Ringwood, I kinda know the area but it been such a long time sence I live that way I have know idea where the good and bad parts are. But with 2 of my sisters living in Kilsyth I am happy that I will be fairly close to them... Does and one know about the schools in this area? Once we have defently decide that, that is the area we are going to go I will have to yet again post a question for all the melbourne girls to kindly answer ( I am sure they would be getting sick of seeing my name under the renting threads lol not too much longer I hope!!!)

So we will be leaving here on the 1st of May ( as school photos are going to be on the 30th of April so just have to get them done before we go ) and hope to be there by the 8 th of May as BHL has to start on the 12th my sister has kindly said that BHL can stay with her of the week so that he doesnt have to travel 2 hrs to works each day while we are at my parents house which is great...

Now I just have to hope and prey theat we can find a place that will rent to us just wish they would rent to you without us having to go there to have a look at the house 1st....

Sorry gotta go Kai is very smelly and Bold is on

Tali - Ringwood has so many schools in the vicinity it's not funny! Ringwood East and North are nice areas now - near Croydon North can be nice, as can the parts on the way to Warrandyte. There are heaps of renovated weatherboards that are just delicious, it's just a matter of finding one on the market So, there are heaps of private schools - co-ed and single sex, Steiner is in Wonga Park, Billanook in Mooroolbark...there's heaps And Ringwood is nice and handy to the train line as well as the Frankston-Mitcham toll way and the Eastern Freeway. It's a great location.
    Gotta go, Oscar pulling nappy off and we're about to go for a walk!

Warrandyte is a nice area! i used to drive through it every day on my way to work (From diamond creek to Bayswater) excet one day i hit a kangaroo ont he way to work!
    i have some friends that live at croydon & Ringwood but not sure what schools.
    again i used to drive past a stck of them on my way to work around there.

Mel- how is Marley? hpe she's not scared to play outside now
    Jess- whats your view of?
    Maya- how is oscar and his selt thought TT going?! I think thats brilliant and he's not even 2 yet!
    Jules- yay for those wonderful kicks! forgove mif i missed this but have u had your ultrasound? are u finding out what you are having?

i thought i'd let you old Junies know too that Julia (a.k.a RaccooOOoon) is pregnant! hoping she gets to a much further gestation this time around. (Ronan was 2 last month!)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast