Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006

Hi girls, as it is the first of July I have finally made the switch to baby buddies! Good to see you in here, hopefully everyone will be in here soon!

Bathsheba & Dee - I am overwhelmed by how sad and sentimental I am feeling about this being my last baby. I thought I'd be pleased to have my childbearing behind me, but I am constantly thinking "this is the last time I'll do this/see this/feel this". It's not that I actually want any more children, DH and I have always agreed on having 2. It's hard to explain, but it's like a big, momentous part of my life is over, never to return.

Candy - I am formula feeding after a 2nd unsuccessful attempt at breastfeeding (enter more feelings of sadness!) and I use S26 Gold. It is apparently reknowned for causing constipation, but all formulas will cause it to some degree due to the iron, which is not in breast milk. I used it for my DS too, and had issues with constipation at first but he got over it quickly and I didn't want to chop & change formulas. Freya was a little constipated at first, I would have to cycle her legs to get her to poo, but now she is fine.

Well, after the first 2 weeks of being a eat then sleep baby, Freya is having random periods of unsettledness. She has also gone from feeds every 4 hours back to every 3 hours. DH has been great with sharing the night feeds, so I've been getting decent sleep, but he goes back to work next week and then I'll be struggling I think, as it's hard to catch up during the day when you have to look after a very active toddler as well! I've had a fantastic recovery from the c/s, feel almost completely normal already, apart from some pain if I do a lot of walking.

OK, hope you're all well and will try and get in here as much as possible!

Hi all
    I was going to ask how everyones recovery is going ??
    Stupid , stupid me did a few sit ups last night , and this morning I woke up with heavy bleeding again ( it had stopped 2 days ago )
    No matter how many people tell me to take it easy for the first 6 weeks i just do not listen. tsk tsk

littlerigger Guest

just checking in quickly. Ryan had a good night last night. awake for about 5 hours then fed at 9:30 and then slept til 2:30!!!!! (i put both of us to bed after the 9:30 feed ) I did the 2:30 feed and matt did the 5 am feed which was nice meant I got to stay in a warm bed. I have to admit I was completely awake though. was nice but wierd not getting up for that night feed!!!

Rory it was a growth spurt, as we weighted him and he had put on weight so alls good.

Well yesterday and today Cody has been settling really well so I'm really happy about that. As of yesterday he was 4 weeks old (how time flys).

Dee, Bath and Jo I'm sort of in the same boat as you guys re the no more babies, Cody maybe our last. We have talked about a 5th but haven't really decided if we are going to or not. So it's a little harder for me not really knowing one way or the other. I would love to have one more as right now I'm not feeling like Cody is my last iykwim. I just don't feel like my family is complete. But I'm just going to enjoy Cody for now incase he is our last.

hugs xoxo

Hi girls... well the June Bellies thread was closed today at 4.44pm. I'd just posted a msg congratulating Tulip and CeeCee on receiving the extra thousand Baby Bonus! One day I might venture into the archives and read some of the early posts... seems like yesterday that we were all consoling each other with hopes that our morning sickness symptoms would end soon!

Tulip: yes, it's an electric pump, same type as the one they use on maternity wards ie would cost a couple of hundred to buy... we're just hiring it for a month. I'm using it mainly every morning when i wake up uncomfortably full. I'm freezing the milk immediately in ice cube trays then transfering the cubes into plastic zip-lock bags. This will be a handy supply if I want to go out without Niall shopping or on a date with DH It's also good because I can express off the thinner foremilk and save the more filling hind milk for Niall meaning that he'll probably gain more weight... slow weight gain was an issue with my previous 2 children (according to the MCHN) and I'd love it not to be a constant theme with each visit this time! Personally I don't think my children ever suffered... they just have my DH's slender genes, high metabolism and tend not to store much fat. I hope the nurse i'm seeing this time takes into account aspects like energy levels and contentedness (a hungry baby isn't as settled as mine were) when gauging whether they were receiving enough nutrition! Beware first timers: MHCNs can cause unnecessary stress... trust your instincts! If you don't think there is a problem and that she is worrying you needlessly get a second opinion (from your GP for example). Some nurses are just too pedantic about weight gain... don't let them stress you out!

Great to see you again Rory! and Jo It'll be nice to see everyone in here again.

In case no one ventures babck to the old thread this is my final post:

Oooh it's still open Hey Tulip and CeeCee! You lucky ducks score the extra grand $$$ (unless you went into labour last night and delivered before midnight).... I've heard delivery suite staff are very pedantic about recording the exact time of birth eg. 11.58pm and have prevented families from receiving the extra baby bonus money... how wretched would that be???

Regarding exact moments of delivery: I had the radio on Gold 104 FM (I think) when I was at the final pushing stage and heard about 10 songs.... I recall hearing a song by Fergal Sharkey (1980's singer) doing his "You Little Thief" LOL I let myself have a rest at that point 'cos I didn't want him born to that song! Then there was a really good Eurythmics song which I tried really hard for but couldn't manage it... in the end he was born to "Foot Loose" (can't remember the artisit) ROFL!!!

Bought the coloured wooden letters for Niall's door today spelling his name... kinda special Love these little mini events in my new babies life...

Ok... gonna cruise the site now

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi girls,
    Just checking in on you all... sounds like most of you are settled into a new routine with feeding and sleeping, which then changes - he hee..but you all sound so positive!!!

Extra $1K, yes, I've already spent $800 on new blinds so that I can b/f in the lounge room without the neighbours seeing..Yeah..

I'm desperately trying to induce myself naturally, but nothing seems to work... well, 7 more days and I will not have a choice! Next appointment in on Monday so will get exact details on medical induction then... miss you all...
    luv
    CC

Hi ladies!

My first post in June babies how exciting!

Can't stay online long as its mum's birthday today and I've gotta order some chinese takeaway in like 10 mins!

I'm doing very well and energy is nearly restored. PND is fading methinks and my crying spells have decreased dramatically! The c/s is getting to be a distant memory too which is good! THANKS TO ALL WHO HAS BEEN WISHING ME WELL AND SENDING ME POSTVE VIBES - MOST APPRECIATED!

Aleise is sleeping very well and at about 6hrs overnight but has an unsettled period of 6pm to 12pm! I'm a bit annoyed that only Matt can settle her in for the night so hopefully I can change that soon.

Feeding: She's on forumla and takes anywhere from 60-120ml per feed. Since she's nearly one month she should be on 150ml per feed according to Heinz formula tin but I'll check this with her paeditrician in 2 weeks.

Well gotta dash - aren't there two of us left to give birth yet? Tulip and Cee-cee is it?

Will try to log on again this afternoon. Take care

Neeny xoxo

Hope everyone is having a lovely, lazy, restful Sunday afternoon

Great to see you Neeny! That's fantastic news about your PND symptoms easing Stay rested though and be easy on yourself. Sounds like Aleise is doing fine!

We took Niall on his first significant outing this morning; caught a train into Melbourne Central (retail centre above train station in CBD). All very easy.... gave a discreet BF in Borders book store in a quiet corner with a hazelnut Latte Other than that he slept the whole time in his pram. Babies looooove the motion of a train, and there weren't very many people on board so it was very peaceful.

A little "woo hoo" for me: I had a sneezing fit this morning, squeezed my legs together through habit.... and realised that I didn't need to!!! I didn't leak!!! Soooo relieved i could almost cry! LOL

Hi Neeny - good to have you back ... and feeling better - thats what we like to hear

Bath - how fun is it discovering pregnancy symptoms that have dissapeared ? I had some really spicy food last night, I waited and waited for the heartburn to kick in and it never did.. I was soooo happy I had a beer hehe another luxury of not being pregnant
    You make outings sound so simple , I keep meaning to go somewhere with Aneta , but there's people coughing and sneezing everywhere , and im going through some unusual paranoia stage , im scared she'll get a cold.

CeeCee & Tanya - how are you both feeling ?? as comfortable as you can be at this stage I hope !

Hi to everyone else , sorry cant do more personals - baby needs attention

HI all,

Neeny- Great to see you are getting back into the swing of things. I dont think that ANYTHING can prepare new parents for what having a newborn in the house is like.

Bath- Congrats on your first significant outing- we are really struggling to get out the door for even five minutes at the moment, but I am sure things will get better- she is just over a week old.

Enigma- I certainley agree that I am not missing some of the pregnancy symptoms, however it is taking a little bit of adjusting to get used to not being pregnant anymore- I guess I miss having my bubba with me 24/7 and knowing that inside at least she is pretty safe.

Well as for us I am feeling pretty exhausted today- we are really stuggling we feeds during the day. Tori woke up this morning and 9:30 and I fed her gave her to DH and had a shower, then she fed off and on from 11-2:30. It is so exhausting, in the end I gave her a bottle of formula to top her up because I just couldnt keep up with how hungry she was. the MCHN is coming on Tues so hopefully she can give me some tips of what to do, because after nearly 4 hours of feeding in a row I was over it. This seems to have happened every day since Thursday and I am not sure whats going on, whether my milk just cant catch up from over night- or whether its because I dont eat & drink too much during the night feeds I am not sure. But if it continues she will have to keep having a top up formula bottle in the day.

Anyway whinge over, she has been asleep for 3.5 hours now, and i have managed to get a nap and have another shower. DH has cooked a roast for dinner so hopefully after a bad day we will have a good night!

Ali maybe she is trying to bring more milk in (iykwim), or maybe she is having a growth spurt. Which means she may feed more to increase the amount of milk been produced. Cody did this the other week and I can understand how much it takes out of you when you feed constantly for hours on end.

HTH

hugs xoxo

hi all! Im going to bed soon, but thought I'd make a first post. Spent all day at Oscar's Nanna's and my mum came round to say a teary goodbye as school hols are over and she's back up the country now. She seems to have miraculously come good - DP reserved his wrath and she must've been humbled by it. All is well except for stingy nipples, but first maternal health nurse appt on Wed.
    Will catch up properly soon...

Name: simone
    State: vic
    DOB: 9.6.06 (due date 13.8.06)
    Stats: Weight - 3lb 11oz (1680g) Head - 28cm
    Babyname: Anneliese Bethany
    Health concerns: frequent bouts of reoccuring jaundice which we hope has now settled...
    Notes: Born 9w3d prem as my waters broke (due to an infection - choroamnionitis, which could have killed her) was breathing at birth, even managed a cry... APGARS of 8 and 9, has been in special care nursery for 3w3d now, feeding tube has come out, is on all bottle/breast feeds.

littlerigger Guest

welcome to our group simone!!!!! we've got a couple of girls with us (nickers & racoon) that had very premmie babies. hopefully they'll have lots of advice for you over the coming weeks!!

Thanks cansy. I've spoken to nickers in the nicu/premmie area, its good to have someone know how hard it is... someone to sympathise. But Anneliese is doing great, she's amazing all her drs, she pulled her feeding tube out 3 days ago, and its like she knew she didnt need it, as she hasnt need it to be put back in - she's taking all her feed by bottle/breast (depending if im there or not). And she's hit the golden 2kg mark (she's now 2.072kg) so im hoping she'll be home in about a week. I cant wait for the sleepness nights, ill finally get to feel like a mummy, not a carer when i finally get time to go to hospital... but Anneliese is doing great woth her breastfeeding, she's demanding, and its nice to be able to bond with her Have to see gp this week, dh is convinced i have PND, trying to tell him its hard to feel like a mummy when my baby is almost a month old and hasnt been out of the nursery yet... of course im goingt o be a little down and depressed. Doesnt mean i have PND!!

littlerigger Guest

I understand what you're saying re: feeling like a mummy. but if the check-up quietens DH, what can it hurt??

Hi June Mummies,
    How are you all? Well Nathan's asleep, Got some handy dandy house cleaners in (DD1 and 2) and littlies are playing. So I thought I'd pop on quick.
    Thanks for the support girls. Bath I have struggled after the last few, lol
    Jo I don't really want anymore children either but I would love to be pregnant again and to have a newborn again. But where does it end. You have to draw the line somewhere. I'm envious of the first timers and those that can go again. Amanda that is how I felt after my third and fourth and fifth. People are telling me "Oh but you've got your boy so now you can stop" But it was never about that. We have never cared what sex we got, my husband wanted 6 children and I talked him out of it, now I feel that I could do one more. Going from four to five wasn't a problem but going from 5 to 6 would be, we would need a new car and space wise in the house my girls are already doubled up and the rooms aren't that big so I would have to have another boy to have an even distribution in the rooms. Little boys and girls can share when they are little todlers but not much beyond that.

But in all honesty, my desire to be pregnant again and to have another baby is just a purely selfish need and one that I will overcome. I am happy with the five I have. and over time I will accept that he is my last baby. For now I will just enjoy having him and cherish every bit. Who nows we could win the lotto and afford to have another one, lol.
    Dee
    Good luck Cee Cee, I hope you're in labour darl, LV LV LV LV to you
    Tulip haven't forgotten about you either LV LV LV LV to you too

Welcome Simone, so glad to hear your little princess is doing so well after everything you have been through. It's a very supportive and lovely group in here so please make yourself at home. And welcome to the world Anneliese.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast