Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

trinity yep, chelsea is in 000! they are slightly big but the 0000's are quite tight! she was 4kg last thursday so is probably bigger now!

hannah is really playing up still too! she is just so whingey! she is crying at everything. she wont do what she is told and if we tell her to stop doing something she looks at us smiles and keeps doing it! she wont eat anything good for her and she headbutted chelsea today (luckily not too hard) ! it is really getting to me actually. i sorta feel guilty cause i dont have much time to play with hannah, or put her to bed or do the stuff we used to do together. seems like i am always saying, 'wait a minute', ' i cant i am feeding chelsea' etc. my poor big girl! and oh my goodness she seems MASSIVE now that chelsea is here! :-) i dont know what i am gonna do when DH goes back to work!

helen- i am just gonna go to the GP for check ups and shots. went to health nurse with hannah only for some check-ups and they ran a mothers group thing. i am still apart of the mothers group that formed there.

jitterbug- sounds like an eventful trip! lucky you had your fam behind you! i would have called RACQ otherwise! i hate driving on the highway, let alone with a newborn! i am a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to driving!

linda- my bleeding has been a big wierd too, coming and going. hope your iron levels are all good. love your new avi too!

AFM- i gave chelsea a bottle last night of ebm and some formula and she drank them both! i was very excited because hannah would never take a bottle at all! but then i was told that it is risky to offer a bottle so early cause she could reject the boob! i just want to make sure that she will take a bottle every so often (i want to bf for the majority of the time) but i dont want to be locked in! know what i mean? i guess i feel guilty about feeling that too!

anyway, enough of my novel! LOL sorry guys!

hope everyone else is going along well!

Trinity - Miss C is in a combo of 0000 and 000. I am thinking at this stage exclusive expressing is for me it keeps me calm and I am happy with the progress she is making

Hollo - on the bottle at least you know she can take one

linda- yeah but i am told its no guarantee that in a few months she will still willingly take it. i hope so though. :-) how often do you have to express each day to exclusively feed her that way? how many mls do you get in one go? i only seem to get 50mls (both boobs)!!

was 6 times now 4-5 times I range between 100-200mls depending on time of day. she drinks 70mls atm and will be at 100mls by 4 weeks. that is for 8 feeds a day

Massive respect for those exclusively expressing! That is something I haven't mastered at all yet.

My partner hid eggs for me so I trudged around the house trying to find them all with Immy -- he said there were 21 (so we would know when we had got them all) but there was actually 23

wow linda, thats great! i dont think i could do that. you must have an electric pump! :-)

Jitterbug- awww thats sweet of your DH! at least there were more than you thought, if he had hidden less then he thought you would still be wandering around looking for those last eggs LOL!

haha that is a very good point!!

we had a lovely easter here too, sunday was our first ppl free day since Susanna was borm and it was lovely!! she's doing well, feeding well still, has been on a 3-4 hour feeding cycle for over 24 hrs now, and aso waking up sometimes in between with wind or nappy needs!! had a funny experoence yesterday..suffice to say we will always remember bath then feed, not feed than bath!!! DH has been awesome trying to help me get rest, gettiung up dueing the night to help settle her if shes not needing a feed! but hes very tired and doesnt handle sleep depravation quite as well poor darling!
    The graze seems to be healing, doesnt sting quite as much! but have a bit of a nappy rash thanks to wearbing pads for over a week now! am using the moogoo which seems to help a bit!!

jitterbug-wat a scary experience!! glad ur family was there to rescue u!!
    hope things settle quickly for those having toddler vs baby issues!!
    trinity-Susanna fits just perfectly in her 0000's so am guessing it wont be long and she'll be moving up to 000's my baby girl growing so fast!!

Mrs Aussie C - Paw Paw Onitment was a wonder for my graze

Hollo - Yes have an Medela swing that I would reccomend to anyone and there is a great store on ebay you can buy them from if anyone is looking for one PM me

Jitterbug - How sweet of DH and the eggs

AFM: Mum goes back to Vic today so we will start our own night routine which will be good. The steri strips finally came off my CS wound and I am getting better at remember the pain meds .

Linda good on you for exclusively expressing, do you find it takes long?
    Glad your getting better at taking your pain meds

Aussie glad you had a nice easter.

Jitter
    how sweet of your DH, i love easter egg hunts.

Hollo- Hannah & Maddi sound like twins. I too feel guilty about always telling Maddi 1 more minute. I just keep telling myself this stage wont last much longer & before we know they'll off playing together.

Cookie is still in 4x0 the 3xo's are just so big on her, but it wont be long till she's in 3x0.

How many of us done having children & how many would like more?
    What kinda age gap is everyone looking at having?

hmm..i think i may be done at 2 kids! maybe have to wait a year or so until i forget all the bad stuff again! :-) our age gap is 2 1/2 years.

Oh Hollo, I feel the same about spending time with the little 2 as well, there just aren't enough hours in the day anymore & Zac has taken on some pretty pathetic whining tantrums lately, he is still lovely & Sweet with Noah though, Angel hasn't changed.

Linda, my bleeding is a bit weird as well, it stopped for 2 days, but has come back now. I just wish it would bugger off, pads really irritate my woohoo.

MO Noah still fits nicely in 4x0 even his 5x0 still fit, though the arms are a bit short now, 3x0 still swims on him. WW3 was over a dropped easter egg, LOL .Had to laugh at the poor little things though. ah I'm a meanie!!

I love the egg hunts too Jitter, we always find some a few days after.

Aww Mrs C how sweet of your DH!! & I hear you on the nappy rash, can I ask what moogoo is?

Anyway enough from me, washing to peg out while DH is still curled up in bed with Noah. So nice to have more than 5 mins with my PC hahaha the girls are still asleep!!!

DD is still in 0000's, mostly but has a few 000's that aren't too big. She is very long, so the 0000's always seem a bit short but the 000's are a bit wide!!

Not sure about more children. This is my first and I would love her to have a sibling but it is hard to imagine having another right now. When she is a bit bigger and things have settled down (plus when I've hard more time to forget the discomfort of pregnancy and pain of birth) I'll probably be more keen! I think anywhere from a 15month to 2.5yr age gap would be my aim - me and my brother are quite close in age and I've always loved that. I think I would definitely stop at two (or three if the next lot are twins -- they run in the family) but who knows!

DD is getting so "alive" and I'm already left wondering where my baby has gone! It is lovely to watch her develop but she seems so distracted by things around her that Mummy hugs are getting in her way!!!

Good to hear everyone had a nice Easter. Last night was my first alone as my partner has began working nights (12am-8am). It was hard but we managed to get some sleep!

Oh and I definitely understand the pad discomfort! Been changing them so frequently to try and reduce the irritation but it isn't helping much. My bleeding has been gone for a few days now but I keep expecting it to return and I am having a lot of clearish discharge so haven't quite banished the pads yet...

Wishing everyone a quick disappearance of pads!!

I don't think we'll be having anymore, 6 will do I reckon.
    DH is talking about another little girl who he has already named, LOL!! I wonder who he is having her with?????Certainly not me!

Jitterbug - Yay on you surriving the first alone night my DH used to travel and I am not sure I could let him now you have my respect hun

Storm - Thanks for making me feel a little more normal I was thinking it may have had something to do with the endo the found at the CS

Trinity - I am expressing 5 times a day for 10 mins a side.

AFM: We have 1 frozen embryo left if that takes then we will have 2 children if not the universe has decided Miss C is our blessing and that will be it.

Linda that's great it only takes a short amount of time to express.
    My bleeding has been all over the place as-well, it stopped & now it's back again so annoying.

When i was pregnant i thought 2 would be it for us, but now I'm not so sure.
    If we do have 1 more I'd like a 18mth-2yr age gap.

lol Jo how cute of your DH already having the name picked out.

i have found that using a normal ultra thin pad reduces the discomfort. those maternity pads are such surfboards!! :-)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast