Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #3

I think they are excellent.
    There were no little bead's / crystals of urine & they have the same absorbancy from what I could tell. I used them for both the girls when they came out of newborn nappies, but I can't get them now.

What sort of Formula are you guys using?? I've always used Lactogen.

Morning Shell, good to hear from you again... re the eczema, DSS had it really badly as a baby, right up nil about 6 or 7 yrs old... basically the drier the skin, the worse it is. We use to have to lather him up in sorbelene cream and then he would hop in the shower and use it as soap to clean himself... you could try this with DJ... also you can make a little bag of oats in cheese cloth and put that in his bath, it helps too and the skin is so lovely afterwards... i have had a bath like tis one and it is divine!

Dont use formula or sposies so cant join that conversation - but friends have told me that aldi ones are good.
    We are talking about going away for a long weekend, maybe QLD, but not sure, i will take sposies then, but will probably get the ECO ones - more expensive but will be a one off, will take BBH for night times though and wash them by hand each day.

MJ has just started to love peek-a-boo and has really found her voice, se yells and squeals, its sooo cute
    Off to MG this morning and then a freind from high schol is coming ova... looking forward to it, dropping DSS at the factory on the way to MG then picking him back up afterwards so DH can actually get real work done! they went to the movies last night, just the two boys, i think that it was important that they did something without MJ so that he feels important too.

BBL

Shell - Bri gets eczema. Don't use any soap products. Some baby soaps tell you if they are OK for eczema. Goats milk soap is excellent. & sorbelene. It can be used as soap. I used to use it, but since I found the goats milk soap I just put the sorbelene on her after baths. It's worse in the winter months with her, coz we have heaters or fires or whatever going to keep warm, but they dry the air out, & that dries her skin out. That's when she flares up. Bri has actually been prescribed a cortisone cream. It clears it up in a day or 2.
    J&J products are supposed to be the worst for eczema. Apparently they dry the skin out? I didn't use them on Bri, but did on the other 2. I used an Amolin shampoo to start with. You can also out some olive oil in the bath & use that instead of sorbelene if you wanted to.

I use the aldi nappies they are fantastic

Summer has been waking heaps in the mornings i have been feeding her in bed not the best habbit but it's way too cold she wants to be fed a lot more not sure if she is cold or hungry or just wants to use me as a dummy, her cot is under a window and there is no other place i can move it so figure she is better off in bed with me. It can be really hard moving them out of your bed when they are older i have been through it twice already but what can you do??? Oh well when it's your last you don't mind as much its nice waking up to those big beautiful eyes.

New horse is coming this afternoon very excited not sure how i am going to work two horses but oh well i seem to be taking on everything at the moment.... It's parent teacher interview time i have two this afternoon and one tomorrow they give you 10 minutes and they put a timer on!!

Enjoy MG SJ

Hows your ankle Skye?

Prama, i cant feel my toes at the moment they are sooooo cold WOW lots of showers to cool down we are at both ends of the spectrum somewhere in the middle would be nice.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I'm using Woolworths Select nappies (I assume for those in Vic that Safeway would do the same thing). I find them just as good as Huggies for a fraction of the cost.

Jazz is at daycare today. I told the lady that she'll probably need to give 2 EBM bottles each feed coz Jazz is drinking HEAPS I think she might be about to go through a growth spurt. Once again last night she woke at 12:30. I gave her both boobs and then she also drank an entire 150ml bottle then slept until 6:30. I think perhaps my milk supply might be starting to decrease because I've been giving more FF. I don't mind that though, it'll be nice when I don't have to wear bras 24/7 anymore!

So, for my "mummy day off" I am going to clean the house and maybe have some special grown up time with DH *wink*

Today also marks the 1 year anniversary of my +HPT!

Girls, thanks for the tips re: treating DJ's ecesma don't want it to get too bad. Might do the oatmeal thing tonight I have also done that before for myself and it was nice also, so will try that with Dj and then just lather him up with sorbelene I moved to Huggies fragrance free nappies for sensitive skin but I find Huggies wipes are so rough I hate using them on DJ. What wipes does everyone use? Natural with just water??

Prama - yeah for sure, at least we can do the classes for a few weeks before I head back to work. I walked from home to Ness' class this morning and then home again. Trying to walk as much as possible. Feel so much better for it, and since I have given up b/f I have so much more energy for exercising. How is your personal training going?

SJ - ohhhh how cute on the peakaboo with MJ kehehe I am loving DJ at this age having the best time with him.

Skye - thanks for the tips, all good to know

Trina - good luck with horse this arvo.

Danni - yeah I call formula poo's the incredible hulk poo haha smells bad and there is always so much of it..... DJ grunts for a good 15 mins before all of his poo is out...... I have learnt my lesson to wait 15 mins otherwise it is still coming out haha not fun...

Well better finish DJ's feed. Catch you all later xxxx

Sj am not too bad a bit low this week tired and missing my mum. I have been awfully snappy over lots of stuff and making poor hubby do lots instead. I didnt realse just how much I relied on my mum to give me a break form Will. Sugar test on Friday so carb loading atm which is also making me feel sluggish. Waiting on other test results to come back but I just know something isnt right.Its cold here atm and such a hassle to get WIll out into the car with all the building going on here all day there is banging and diggers etc..am just a bit sick of it all and a bit sick of myself. Sorry for the moans just a bit out of sorts.

hi

i think it might be the fact that we changed to nan1 from nan ha thats giving poopy urate crystals, not sure if it can be related. going to ask my cousin who's a doctor.

shell - for poopy's excema his paed suggested using qv wash. it's working for us. he can only use huggies wipes, others give him a rash.
    shell good on you for walking! i still feel tired.. and not sleeping so well w/o steve, and i keep waking up to check on poopy cos i dunno if he's too cold or too hot. whether the a/c is enough or not.

trina - it must be crazy in spain right now!! hope dh buys you and the girls lots of pressies!
    yeah, we need some temp in between! it's goign to be a shock to our sys when we come back, poor poopy..

bron - hope all goes well with the results. xoxoxo

danni - he he *wink*

poopy has been rolling to his tummy more now but is getting very annoyed with himself cos he cant move his arm that he's lying on.
    this morning, he was asleep and i put him on his mat. i turned around and he rolled over ontohis tummy still asleep. im scared of SIDS.
    should i bring him upstairs and put him in this cot or just keep and eye on him. if i carry him, he'll wake up for sure....
    someone has to watch over him now, cos he rolls onto his tummy then gets stuck.

sorry, it's a bit disjointed.. im so tired. didnt sleep last nite and went for some yoga today.

Well, grown up time didn't happen. With DH's meds he's really not interested. We are going to go see his doc on Thursday and see about him coming off his meds...Right now he's incapable of feeling or showing any emotion or affection. It was handy when I was recovering from giving birth, but now I'm recovered.

Anyway, gotta go pick Jazz up from daycare.

PS: I only expressed once today but I got 175ml!

I use huggies wipes but i only give her a freshen up in the morning with them and if she does a poo not every change.

Hope you feel better soon Bron everything is happening at once for you

Danni i have forgotten what adult time is none of that here.

Horse arrived safely my other boy thinks he is the boss for the moment i hope he behaves and plays nice last thing i need is two injured nags i am going to ride Beanie the new boy tomorrow.

I have kids in bed already hopefully an early night. Can't believe its school hols next week.

Prama, how is Poppy? I was reading about the crystals in the other thread you did. Hope he's ok. Re the rolling onto his tummy, that is a bit of a worry.

Jazz is still showing no real signs of rolling. When she's on her tummy she will flick her legs to the side so I think she's trying, but when she's on her back she's only rolled onto her side a couple of times. I can still leave her on her change table and go to the other side of the room to get stuff but now I watch her constantly just in case.

She had another good day at daycare. I sent along 5 small bottles of EBM and 2 bottles of water ready to just add formula. I told the lady that she'll probably need to give 2 EBM bottles each feed which she did and Jazz just skulled them down! She also had 1 of the formula bottles as well. I've decided to increase her formula to 200ml. I gave her a bottle at the end of the night and then she had a small comfort suck of one of my boobs before she fell asleep.

With the amount she's fussing when offered a boob and the fact that it seems to be taking longer before milk actually starts coming out I think that's a sign that we are going to FF majority of the time now. Also, my night feeding isn't going to plan because she's not satisfied and I end up giving her a bottle as well so I think it's looking like I'll be FF at least 80% of the time now. That's ok. I'd planned to do this when I decided to return to work, not that I have returned, but I'm ready to (part time of course).

Hi all.
    Hope you had a good day. My SIL took Jaz for the night tonight. She offered yesterday to take her once a week to give me a break. I didn't know if I should say yes, but I know she is diffeerent when I'm not around, so I agreed.
    Got parent/teacher interview tomorrow. I think I got the last one for the night, coz it says from 6pm onwards... She must have alot to talk about.

I use Huggies unscented wipes. Only for dirty nappies though. I usually just air him out after wet ones. First nappy in the morning I either wipe him over or give him a bath.

Trina - My foot's feeling heaps better today. I could drive!!
    Jesse usually wakes up at 5.30 when Anth gets up for work & I put him into bed with me. I figure it's only for a couple hours, it wont hurt. The other night he slept in our bed all night, coz I couldn't get up to get him out of his cot for feeds. I put him on the outside with my arms around him, coz I've noticed over the years that I subconciously just know they are there when I'm sleeping & give them heaps of room. If my arm is under him, the weight must remind me that he's there, coz I don't move in my sleep. I wake up to move. I only like doing it in the mornings though, coz 1. that's the coldest time of day, & 2. I don't want him sleeping in our bed when he gets older.

Prama - I've used the QV stuff too. It's not too bad. The reason I used the goats milk soap & sorbelene stuff after though is coz she was too slippery with QV or olive oil in the water. I was scared I'd drop her!

India - I really hope you start feeling better soon. I bet your mum misses you guys just as much. Do you ring her?? The only way I survive is to ring my mum constantly. Sometimes 5 times a day - Seriously! It helps coz she is so far away.

Danni - I've forgotten what adult time is. I miss laying around in bed all day. I mean ALL day. I would love to do that again. Just once.
    Jesse still isn't rolling over you know. The only time he did it, he was starving for a feed & was trying to get it out of his mattress. He hasn't done it since. He's happy on his back & side.
    Jesse bit me at 2 seperate feeds today. The formula idea is starting to tempt me. Can you imagine that with a tooth!?! Ouch!
    Sorry that the night feeding isn't working out.

Shell - Jesse's poo's are pretty much a fart that follows through. 2 grunts & it's over with.
    When I had Bri, my best mates sister offered to change her. At 16 she didn't know too much, but I handed everything over & said off you go. Anyway, I went up a few minutes later to see how she was doing to find her holding Bri's feet up in the air, nappy half off, with a disgusted look on her face. Bri wasn't quite done yet.
    Anyway, I just cracked up & walked out. 5 minutes later she was still going!! It was so funny. Poor girl was stuck. I wasn't gonna take over!

SJ - Jesse makes little squealy noises too. & he's started blowing rasberries! He thinks he's so neat now he can do that!

Syke - PMSL, MJ shot poo across the room one day and it hit the wall!

Shell - i use squares of fleece to wipe MJ, i boil the kettle and put a camomile tea bag and some dried calandula flowers in a tea pot and let them infuse, i then add heaps of cold water to it (all in a yoghurt tub in her room) and use that to wipe her bum... (this will last a few days) i will also give her a freshen up with it too in the mornings and is great for sticky eye... its a bit more work with the washing of the fleece, but if DJ is still in BBH's its nothing extra.... are you using liners in the nappies?

gotta go, she is ready for a bum change i think

Re poo shooters. I had one of those while Jazz was still in hospital. Matt & I had decided that we would go out that night for dinner so I'd dressed really nicely, gone to the hospital and I got sprayed with poo. My mum arrived just after it happened and she just laughed. I was laughing too. Then she told Jazz she was a good girl for getting mummy just like mummy got gran a few times!!! LOL
    Ever since then I always stand to the side when I'm changing nappies.

LOL

Jesse was the first one of mine to shoot it. First change at home too I think. On my bed, sheet, 2 pillows & my foot. Nice.

Just a quick one.....

SJ - yeah I have been using Johnsons liners in the BBH nappies, so that I can just flush them down the toilet.... works better for me and I have worked out if I double-line them it catches all of the poo and none gets into the nappy itself I was going to do the microfleece as a liner but you wash those as well don't you? or just throw them away? I would prefer to just flush the liners.....

Shell xxxx

danni - thanx hun. we went to teh pead today/ she was lovely. she said he's not dehydrated but wanted to do a full urine test. so we'll give a sample tomorrow. she also said it can be common to have pink urate crystals in healthy babies.
    hope things get better w DH. can he try other medication or alternative medication?

shell - can you flush the jj liners? i have them but didnt know you could flush them. i use liners which you have to wash. they do catch the poo, and w ff poo it's a bit of a pain to wash them off.

gotta go..

I have some flushable liners, not J&J - didnt think they could be flushed (probably just havent seen the ones that you have), found that they didnt contain the poo as well as the fleece - yeah you have to wash them too - but they help to keep bums drier that regular liners.

Going to get MJ weighed and measured today for her 4mth check (woo hoo - cant believe its been for months, but also that she has only been her 4mths iykwim) then of to the pool as we have DSS and he loves it... also she has her injections saturday so wont be going for a while after tta JIVC...
    anywhoo have a good one, sorry for the lack of personals

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast