Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I've been doing the 2 spoon thing too, but the second spoon is mainly to stop her grabbing the spoon I'm feeding her with.

Mj feds herself inteirly now. weetbix for breaky or yoghurt after dinner can still be a bit messy, but generally it all goes in.
    To start with it was bad, but she soon got the hang of it.
    no matter when you start, its going to be messy... but gret for pictures!

Hi girls
    Same here on the messy eating and tryign to feed himself alhtough WIll still isnt a huge fan of having to chew too much little buggar.He would live on yougurt cheese and creamed rice if he had his way.
    Sammie I will be on the holter monitor form tomorow as they didnt have one available over the long weekend.Basically over the last 2 weeks I have been having heart palpatations and felt light headed like when I sat the wrong way I was cutting off the circulation so to speak.Becasue I had clots when I had Will they told to me to keep an eye on things. Becasue of palpatations and chest pains i though maybe a pe. Anyway went to Doc ( not my normal oneas she was away) he basically lookd at my leg prety much in disgust and said well while they are that size its hard to tell isnt it.( crack number one) then told me the heart palpatations wer me getting my knickers in a twist over somethign that wasnt there ( crack number 2)He ordered bloods and a ddimer to rule out clots. Didnt so much as take my blood pressure or pulse nothing. Then he says somebody shoudl look at your veins but do you think they will while ever you are the size you are? ( crack number 3)I was so upset.
    Anyway tests wre negative and next night I had a racing heart for nearly 2 hours thn started to panic when chest went tight so took myself to the hospital ( more anxiety as still dont htink I have dealt with the last time in hospital) anyway turns out had sinus tachicardia ( very fast heart rate) they put me on a monitor gave me meds kept me there a few hours.BEcasue I have had so many infections the past 6 weeks they think that my electrolites might be out of whack and this is causing the heart to race. SO have to wear the monitor to see what happens. I am still having palpitations about twice a day so who knows. Scared the crap out of me to say the least.

Trina your man is a real looker hun I thought it was a pic of SHannon Noll at first *LOL* am so thrilled for you hun you more than deserve this lap it all up girl.

SHell hope you had a fab birthday hun and en joyed the show.

Danni sorry to hear you are having a rough trot a thome hun Mat seems so up and down and you guys have had a run of bad luck too. Hang in there.

Prama hun I havent fogotten Leura just been a bit preoccupied promise soon.

Skye hope your ok hun and get back on line soon

Sammie how did MJ go at care? how did you go hope all was well.

We are doing ok here really and mum and dad moved into their house bhind us this weekend so thats been exciting. It wil be nice ot have them so close and then they go away for 6 weeks anyway so not like we will be in each others pockets all the time.
    Will has been very challenging and throwing loads of tantys and really pushing his luck with a lot of htings..ah the joys of growing up. He is so smart and inquisative am having to create lots more challenging play situations for him and NIck has given him a computer case to play around with as he loves all the technical stuff.

Anyway sorry have been so slack on here but do think of you all often
    Bron xxx

Jazz has a sore throat and has just about lost her voice, which is nice coz it means she can't scream!

She was crying every hour last night so we ended up bringing her into bed with us from 4am which is something we've never done before. I hope she sleeps well tonight as we both have work in the morning.

Danni do you think she may have tonsolitis? Wil was exactly like that when he had it we had to keep the rom really moist too to help with the sore throat poor bubbas its not nice at all

danni - so much of tonsilities and croup going around, and babies suffering.. might be an idea to take her to the hossy.

sj - yeah poopy feeds most of the time. i help feed him depending on the type of food. but i sit w him always w my spoon.
    maybe you could try adding a little cow's milk to expressed milk and gradually increasing the amt of cows milk and reducing expressed milk so she could get used to cow's milk.

bron - what an ar*ehole of a doctor.. i wish i could have thumped him...
    sorry to hear you've got so much going on... dont worry..we'll meet up whenever you are ready.. xoxoxox

Ok. Jazz has a middle ear infection and I kept her home yesterday. She's on antibiotics. Now I have her cold but was going to go to work today anyway. Then I got a call from the daycare lady saying that she had gastro and has cancelled today so I'm home again today. I'm so glad that I have a very understanding boss.

I have brought some work home with me and yesterday I managed to spend 2.5 hours working and will try to do the same today while Jazz is asleep. I don't feel quite so bad about being away because I have work to do at home and I'm able to check my work emails. I've had so much time off lately. I'm glad that I have lots of sick leave as I've used up my 5 days of carers leave. I'm also thankful that at my work carers leave is different from sick leave. You have 12 days of sick leave per year and an additional 5 days of special paid leave, plus flexi time and annual leave. I'm recording the hours I work at home as flexi time so I'm able to take longer lunches or even a day off to have to myself at some stage.

Matt did offer to take yesterday off but that would mean that he would get no income for that time...the joy of working for yourself! My boss wouldn't hear of that and said that he has no problem with me taking time off and said at least I'm getting paid for my time off and he doesn't want us to put ourselves in the position where we lose some income by Matt having time off. My boss used to own his own business so he knows what it's like to work for yourself...my main problem with taking time off is that I've applied for that other job and I hope that it doesn't work against me. I'm still yet to hear about it but TBH, nothing happens quickly at the Uni so I'm not surprised that I haven't heard anything yet...I also know that no one else has either...that's the good thing about working in HR, you know these things.

I'm on count down to becoming an aunty again (for the 5th time!) You might know my sister, Alioops, she's going into hospital on Monday to be induced! I wish I could be there with her. Mum is over there with her so that's good and she's going to be keeping me updated and will send me photos of my new niece.

OMG! I'm back!!
    Its been so long! I'll just go cook some dinner & I'll be back to catch up!!!

Woooo Hooo welcome back hunny fill us in on all the goss

Well I just uploaded some pics of our new house on FB. I love it. We have a verandah the length of the house on one side, then a balcony on the other. Ensuite, fire place, double garage, YARD! Its great.

Taking Jesse to the gp on Monday. He's sick with something almost every 2 weeks, so I'm going to get a full check up & get his iron levels & everything possible checked out. I'm so tired. He's been sick again this week. Was sick with the flu just before we moved, & had gastro a few days before that. Hoping we can get something sorted there.

Dunno if I told you what happened with the car or not. Some dumb ass put engine oil in the clutch fluid thing. Completely stuffed the car. It happened before we bought it, coz we haven't had to put clutch fluid in it yet.
    So we have to replace the slave & master cylenders in the car & its gonna cost about $1000 (if we are lucky) to fix it. It'll be done next week, & he won't let us pay it off, so we need to come up with $1000 by next week. I can't wait to have a car again though.

Other than that things are good. Loving my fire place. Its so goooood!

Congrats again Danni. And to Ali

Bri's got tonsilitis. Poor baby is so sick

congrats danni!!

oh skye.. hope bri's ok.. and the car too. love yoru new house!!!

HI Guys,

Congats Danni, how exciting for you all
    Skye, welcome back, good to hear from you again.
    MJ is sick again... she has been sick for 31/2 weeks straight with one thing after the other... she now has an ear infection and and eye infection and yesterday woke with yet another cold. Poor bubba just cried in her sleep pretty much all night last night, it was awful. She is on Antibiotics and has a humidifier in her room to help with her cough, but its still really bad and i know that she is hurting. Wish there was more that i can do. On a positive note she has her appetite back and has regained some of the weight she lost when she first got sick.

Skye i would love to have a fireplace there is nothing better...
    gotta go, MJ awake
    xo

oh sj.. poor little mj.. hope winter finishes soon and all the horrid bugs go away.. it's so hard when they are sick. poopy has had a runny nose since january..
    someone told me to put vicks on the soles oftheir feet and put socks over them or a body suit. it's supposed to help w colds and coughts. i guess it warms the body up.. xoxox

i wish i had a fire place too. our heater is broken.. we should get it by next week..

HAve been doing the Vicks thig, i think you mentioned it when the babies got sick the very first time.

Our heater was broken for the first week we got back from the UK and i think that didnt help things and MJ was use to nicely centrally heated houses and warmer spring days... This time of year is so tough for them all isnt it.
    Hope you get your heater fixed soon

sorry.. i forget what and when i say things.. it's mummy brain + old age!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast