Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz finished her antibiotocs yesterday for her ear infection. This morning she was very upset. I think it's partly because she still has a cough and sore throat and partly because she has a rash on her downstairs area, I don't think it's exactly nappy rash, the daycare lady said it looks more like a fungal rash. She seems to be most sore when doing a wee and when being wiped (I think that's coz of the alcohole in the wipes). FDC lady said that it could be from being on antibiotics and/or she's teething again.

She's making up more words lately. She'll point up to the sky or ceiling and say something like "buppay" I don't know if it's meant to be "up there" or what she's saying.

She tries to click as well. I'll click my fingers and then she'll try to do it. She's also just starting to recognise squares and circles. I spent an hour on shapes with her while I was at home last week and then a couple of days later we were at Hungry Jacks and she saw a square on the wall. She pointed and said "Quare" and did that a few times.

She's also started crawling again, I don't know if she's doing that just because she can or if it's some form of regression. She still walks/runs most of the time, but I've noticed that particularly if she's feeling quite sooky or it's getting late she'll opt for crawling. I also don't know if maybe she's just doing it to play a game because she sometimes will get down and crawl up to the cats and smooch them like they do to her and does go "maow" while she's on the floor with them.

I showed her a picture of her new cousin on Facebook and she smiled, said "hi" and waved and blew kisses. It was so cute.
    Last edited by danniellabella; June 17th, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

danni - you could get some cortisone cream for the fungal infection.. im not sure if it could spread inside and give her urinary tract infection and maybe thats why she cries when she does a wee. must be really painful. it will be dangerous if fungus spreads inside her vagina

Sounds like the antibiotics have given her thrush..does she have any in her mouth? It can be quite painful so woudl ask to get something for it .

Sleep issues here atm up 3 tims a night trying to figure out why nicka had to get up for 2 nights as I was write off a real mess from no sleep even Will has circles under his eyes.So trying a few knew night settling techniques.

Heart results more or less ok they r pretty sure was infection now so back to heamo to sort out neutrophils
    sorry for one finger typing WIll being a pain
    HOpe you r all ok
    xxx

yes.. woudl be good to take jazz to a gp..

bron - hope will sleeps thru.. is he getting molars? poopy's grizzly cos the air gets dry and i think his throat must get dry and hurt him. i wake up and give him water and he settles after that...

lol bron - Will should really be help you type..

Thanks girls, I will take her to GP about the rash. Might leave work early tomorrow or Friday to do that.

Right, I rang to make an appointment for Friday but the latest appointment is too early for me so the receptionist told me that she wouldn't normally advise this, but the clinic will be open from 1:30pm on Saturday but they don't make advanced appointments and for me to ring up at 1:30pm on Sat and she will make sure we get seen. Much more convienient for me. I'll have to discuss the rash as well as her cough and sore throat.

I rang daycare to tell the lady that I might be late as I'm waiting for an email which I have to receive before I leave tonight. She was telling me that Jazz woke herself up in a coughing fit and threw up due to the coughing. She threw up 3 times in a row, all over herself and the daycare lady. Jazz had to have a bath, that's how bad it was. My poor bubba. I hope it's not croup or whooping cough or something like that. I should read up on those coz I have no idea what the symptoms are (apart from coughing).

danni - do you think jazz could be getting worse? if she has thrush in her mouth etc? you could take her to the hossy and they will see you immediately..

I don't think she has thrush in her mouth but I put my finger in her mouth and can feel the lumps of a few teeth about to pop through. She still only has 2 bottom teeth and 4 top teeth. The daycare lady decided to use lavender water today instead of normal baby wipes and the rash is a lot better tonight. I'll still take her to the doctor on Saturday unless she's getting worse in anyway prior to that.

She was so tired when we got home from daycare today because she only slept for about 20mins this afternoon before she threw up and she wouldn't go back to sleep after that. She fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept while I was preparing most of dinner which was kind of nice. She did eat most of her dinner though which was good and then was in bed asleep by 7:30pm. I'll have to keep an eye on her.

let us know how she goes, danni.. poor bubba

Danni - sounds like Jazz is having a rough trot.
    MJ is not well either - sounds reallly similar actually.
    She has an ear infection and is on AB's - has started to get a bit rashy around her vulva and has a horrific cough...
    We saw the GP and she was explaining that the cough was related to the ear infection and a runny nose (even if its not running) all the tubes (ear, nose and eyes) are exceptionally close together and drain into each other - the cough is caused by 'post nasal drip' which is where it runs down the back of the throat.
    As you are probably aware, the Govt has banned cough medicine for children under 2 now, but regardless of that these coughs would not be helped by medicine as it wont stop the stuff running down the back of her throat.
    The best solution is to get a vapouriser (if you dont already have one - we picked ours up for $50) and keep the room warm and steamy over night and when napping (the GP said - think tropical weather) as this is the easiest air for them to breathe and is less irritating. We of course have had to change her bedding to make sure she doesnt over heat, but this has helped a little - she is still coughing, but it doesnt hurt her as much and the stuff is looser in there so easier for her to move with a cough.

Re the wipes - you can get alcohol free wipes, i would suggest that you use these anyway, but for the time being use just plain water (or the lavender water) so as not to irritate her any further - camomile tea is fantastic for soothing and maybe you could consider using this for wiping until the area is less inflammed and sore.

Re the Teeth - MJ only has 6 at the moment too, 4 top and 2 bottom, glad you said the same as i was beginning to think that she was the only one out there at this age with so few teeth!!! She gums are inflammed too and when she wakes at night i am using a bit on bongela to help here, this seems to settle her quickly, so i am assuming things are moving around in there.

Im about to ring Mum to find out how MJ slept last night, i missed her so much last night, i cant wait until i get pg again and have another baby so i dont work anymore - not having her around is so hard and i miss her so much its so much harder when she is sick as well, i know Mum will look after her as well as i do, but i want to be there for her.

Bron, so glad that there was nothing major on the holter, i was thinking of you. You must be exhausted, you really are amazing. I hope Will feels better soon, maybe its teeth with him too... poor little Man, its so hard when you need to sleep too. Does he settle well for Nick? MJ just calls out Mummmmm Mummmumumum when DH gets up for her most times!

Sorry for the novel - I hope everyones bubbas are doing better today to them all

danni - how is jazz today? hope she's better..

poopy has a runny nose and cough as well. and the vapouriser works wonders, even tho it doesnt stop his runny nose/cough, it does make him better. we got a menthol thing to add to teh vapouriser. i also add a few drops of lavender oil as well.

poopy's got 4 top teeth and 2 bottom and top left and right molars coming thru.

we are good.. poopy's also starting to want to climb onto things.. his little hands are going everywhere...
    he can say amma (mum), papa(we taught him appa for dad, but papa is good enough!), baa for ball, sshhh for shoe. of cos mum-mum for good. zsha zsha for zara, his 'girlfriend' at day care. a lot of things are dada..and he makes a funny noise when he gets excited abt something and a differnt sound when he wants something. he's also starting to copy the tune when we sing to him.
    he seems to understand very well when we want him to get his shoes or toothbrush or bag etc. so much fun!

Hi guys. Just got home after spending 4 days in hossy with Bri. Tonsillitis & glandular fever. Will let you know the hell she went through later when I have time

Sounds like a lot of us are having problems with sick kids lately...then again, it is winter.

Jazz might have asthma but they can't confirm that until she's at least 2.

oh danni - hope she gets better soon.. poor darling

and skye - poor bri.. so much happening. cant wait for winter to be over!!

sounds like all the lil monkeys are having a tough time. Lots of teeth coming thru with my girls the molars and eye teeth are the killers.... Summer always gets a runny nose bit of a temp and sore bum when she is getting teeth, feels like she has been teething forever she has 14 teeth with the last two bottom eye teeth about to pop.

Have had lots of crap happening lately but I'm not too phased anymore cos **** happens hehe. I sold my horse for next to nothing months ago to a friend and she never actually paid for him and i got a txt a week ago saying she is going to have to sell him.... So now im picking him up again... The gym has stuffed up some payments that were meant to be coming out of my new bank account and so now I owe over $700 $400 of which is over drawn fees from my old bank account. Plus there is a bit of a war happening with the x. Ah fun and games I am feeling ready to take it all on tho... I seem to have grown some balls with people hahahaha just have to be a nice hard arse ***** instead of nasty one.

I'll read some more posts when i get some kiddies to bed

Hi guys.
    How are we all?? Hope all the kiddies are getting better.

We only have 6 teeth here too - 4 top, 2 bottom. Haven't had another tooth in over 6 months. Since we moved up here I think. That was about 9 months ago.

Jaz is having teething problems too. Her top front 2 adult teeth are growing, but her baby teeth haven't fallen out. The adult ones have pushed the baby ones forward & she is copping it all the time. Every time she slightly bumps them they bleed. Its been months & the baby teeth just won't go anywhere.

Trina - Be strong. This is easy compared to what you've been through

Hope everyone else is ok. I was going to write more, but I'm so tired. Jesse's in bed already, I think I'm gonna head too. Well soon

Night all xx

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast