Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

Prama, sorry i missed that, big hugs to poopy, its really scary when they are sick

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I just rung Matt to tell him how tired I am and made him remind me to go to bed at 9:30 tonight. I also told him that I'm not getting up before 8am tomorrow morning so he has to get up for Jazz in the morning!

Look what I found girls: Our Belly Buddies thread from when we were all going into labour and having our bubs: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...08-21-a-6.html

omg danni - seems so so long ago!!! how far we and our bubbies have come..

am at home today.. poopy's still sick but thank god his fever;s gone. going to see his gp at 12

Thanks for posting that Danni. It seems so long ago. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone.

Prama hope poopy's feeling better soon.

I spent last night on the lounge room floor with Paddy. Had a fever which didn't break until 2am. Then this morning he's still cranky and won't settle anywhere but in my arms. Looked in his mouth and there are these giant molars coming through, three at once. No wonder the poor bubba's feeling sad.

The joys of motherhood huh.

Jazz has her first day today at a child care centre around the corner from home. She's still going to FDC Mon-Thurs but after I received a call on Monday from my best friend's husband asking me if it's ok for my friend not to look after Jazz on Friday as he's planning to take her out in the evening and she'll be too exhausted to go after a day of looking after Jazz. It made me think that I need reliability with care because I can't just drop everything and take a day off work when it's inconvienient for my friend to have her. Don't get me wrong, she's my best friend and I completely trust her with Jazz. But she also has some pain management issues due to a botched hospital procedure a few years ago and a day of running around after Jazz takes her 2-3 days to fully recover from.

I haven't told my friend that I've put Jazz into a centre, but I did tell her that I was thinking about it. I also didn't tell her that its because I need to make sure I have reliability. I told her that I'm concerned about her (my friend's) wellbeing and that I want her to have the opportunity to look after herself better and do the things she needs to do to help her manage her pain.

So, when I dropped Jazz off this morning I put her down and she immediately latched onto my legs and started crying. I stayed with her for a while until she settled a bit. Found some toys for her to play with and when she was starting to get occupied with the toy and one if the carers came with her breakfast I snuck out and signed her in and just stood for a minute or two in the foyer. Then I poked my head around the corner to see her sitting in the highchair eating breakfast happily. The carer who was feeding her smiled and gave me a nod to let me know she was ok. So I left.

I rang about an hour ago to see how she's going and they said she's having a great time. Ate all her breakfast, ate some fruit for morning tea and some birthday cake as it's one of the kid's birthdays today. And she'd just started doing some painting. I told them I would ring again in the afternoon to find out how she slept and stuff.

At FDC now when I arrive to pick her up she gets sad because she doesn't want to leave, I guess that's a good thing. I think it'll be the same this afternoon when I pick her up.
    Only this week at FDC she's gone from running up to me and giving me a big hug as soon as I walk in the door to seeing me, running away when I try to pick her up and saying "no" when I say it's time to go home.

She's also fallen in love with Thomas the Tank and will point and say "Toddis" (for Thomas) and "Eddie" (for Edward).

We have some kid free time this weekend. Jazz is sleeping over at my parent's house on Saturday night, I'll drop her off in the mid/late afternoon and then we'll pick her up late in the afternoon on Sunday. We're off to the footy on Sunday afternoon which will be fun. I hope it doesn't rain. I should check the forecast.

we have all been very very quiet. I have a big vent to share but I'm going to bed so I'll post it tomorrow.

Jazz has thrown up about 4 times tonight. I hope she is finished now.

As most of you know I've met a man.... Don't have time now but I will sit down and fill you in on the goss when Summer has her sleep. Just quickly he is so amazing the sweetest man i've ever met, it's all been really quick but it feels so right. Fill you in more later...

Summer has started some lovely tanty's which isn't fun although she has just had two top molars and two eye teeth coming all at the same time so might just be cranky bum from that

trina - so happy for you.. looking fwd to more goss and pictures!!

poopy's heaps better.. we have the vapouriser running at tnight and he seems to sleep better too. maybe the air has more moisture too, and they can breath better. it gets so dry in winter.
    he's getting cheekier and cheekier.. doesnt want to hold hands when walking, doesnt want me to feed him. he's learnt fr daycare to feed himself properly.. he shakes his head left to right when i try to feed him, but hten forgets when he's concentrating trying to get food on his spoon, so i get to feed him. so i feed him andhe feeds himself too. he's doing a pretty good job and not too mess.
    he's also got this thing for shoes now. i have to keep looking for my shoes. he tries to wear them and walk around the house!! but only puts on his right foot. so i have one shoe in one room and the other some where else!

anyway, to whinge..
    steve and i havent been so good. i got really upset the other day. i asked if i could have someone come clean the house as my mother's day present (emailed all the info etc) and steve said ok. and nothing's happened since. I waited and waited but nothing. so i asked him when is it happening. and he goes, i thot you were going to organising it.....
    i said what's the point of a mother's day present if i have to do all the organising etc.
    the whole mess in the house is because he puts stuff everywhere. im constantly cleaning and he's messing it up..... like, he leaves dirty utensils on the chopping board and i keep washing it up. ive told him even if you dont want to wash it up, can you pls leave it in the sick,(just need to turn around to put in the sink). so that it doesnt get all dried up and yucky and now lakshman is trying to reach for things on the chopping board. and Im worried abt knives etc.
    everytime i get upset, he says he's sorry and will try to do better and nothing's changed. this ihas been going on for the last 5.5years.
    i've told him many times a messy house gets me even more depressed on top my my PND.

I'm just so tired of cleaning and cleaning and getting the same results every time, and it's really getting to me. and steve makes promises and nothing changes.

i jsut feel everything abt the house is on my shoulders and cant cope anymore...

sorry for the long vent...

sorry Prama *hugs* I know how you feel it was like that with Chris and I and I know how stressful and frustrating it is. Don't have any advice cos I never got Chris to help very often. In a way I have had to try not get too stressed about mess cos it is impossible to keep tidy here but I often get really annoyed and stressed about it. Glad poopy is better xo

I'm off to watch Paige in her school performance so excited....

thanks trina... steve said he'll do better.. i hope he means it this time. he knows im really upset and cant put up with it. i told him he's said he'd help so many times but nothing changed.. he's so good in every other way but cleaning. sigh

im so glad you have a new man.. you MUST update us! lol

and hooray paige!! tell us all about it!

Well I met Dave on zoosk which is a dating type site on facebook, I got on there by accident about 6 months ago (was sent a request and when you click on it you join). I have only ever spoken to a couple of guys on there, was never into anyone.. Anyway i looked 2 weeks ago and saw Dave sent me a msg so I replied and knew i had to meet him. He came to my soccer and then we had dinner after, with his son and all my girls, my leg swelled up and was excruciating and he drove home and got his first aid kit and came back and bandaged me up then the next day he came and looked after me and was cleaning cooking and driving me to Dr's etc and never once expected anything from me..... We have pretty much been inseparable since. He loves my kids and is just amazing with them they all love him too, Paige Tahnie and Summer all lay and cuddles up to him which is cute.

He is a bit old fashioned and such a gentleman he had to ask me to be his gf and gave me a ring of his to wear (awwwww cute) he is not like anybody i have ever met before, he will do anything for me... My tap broke this morning and i had to turn the mains off, he was here straight away and fixed it.....

He broke up with his wife same time as me and has 2 kids from the previous relationship son who is 12 and daughter 15 his son lives with him and daughter lives with her Mum have met his son he is great with the girls and they get on really well and might be meeting his daughter this weekend.

So there is some info hehe

Well hope all is well with you all.... I'm in pain and over my leg...... am going to the gym today but can only get on the bike for a few mins at a time and i'll do some upper body weights

ooh trina.. what a wonderful thing!! he sounds fantastic and so good that the girls are getting along w him and his son!
    he sounds like an absolute dream!! so so happy for you!

ooh trina.. what a wonderful thing!! he sounds fantastic and so good that the girls are getting along w him and his son!
    he sounds like an absolute dream!! so so happy for you!

Trina WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
    I am so happy for you.
    Sounds like Dave is a complete opposite to Chris and JUST what you needed.
    I am really happy for you
    you will have to keep s filled in.
    I love the bit about the ring, that is soooo sweet

Well, as Mum is back in Englad (nanny died) i have t get MJ looked after on Thursday and Friday... well i rang a few places that does occasional care and found somewhere with a place. when to visist yesterday and fell in love with the place, its really natural, encourages outside play, have cloth nappies as part of the service, a cook on site, fantastic ratios oh it was EVERYTHING i would have looked for in a place.
    Anyway took the forms to fill in and information and was all set to take her tomorrow, decided i had better give them a quick call and OMG i got the wrong place, i went to the wrong place yesterday and have her booked in somewhere else. I am waiting for MJ to wake up cos then we are going back to theplace yestrday and checking with the bosses that its OK for her to attend tomorrow.
    I feel sort of sick, its hard enough having to do occasional care (for MJ) but she loved this place and i know that she would be happy there.
    AHHHH i hope it works out

Wow Trina, I'm so happy for you. He sounds wonderful.
    Prama: I had a mini breakdown the other day over the housework. We might be getting a regular cleaner to do the actual cleaning, but we'll still have to do the tidying. I'm also re-reading some of my cleaning books and organising myself better to be able to get things done without feeling stressed. Like cleaning the loungeroom while I watch TV, that way the room gets cleaned and I don't miss out on my shows.

Now, I realised that I didn't tell you what happened on Sunday. Here it is (copied from another forum).

I had the crappiest day ever!

First the football was crap. The even though it was forecast to be nice and sunny all day, we got a little bit rained on.

Then I sent a message to my mum as we were leaving the footy saying that we were on our way over to pick Jazz up. Got a reply saying they were still out and would be a minimum of an hour. Well, Matt was peeved off about that. See, we couldn't go home as mum and dad's place is about 15 mins from the footy, our house is about 30-40mins from the footy/their house. Also, we had things that needed to get done before it got dark so I sent them a message saying that we need to be home ASAP.

Mum then rang and I asked if they could drop Jazz off at our house when they were done...they refused. Then dad got on the phone saying how they were doing us a favour and we shouldn't be telling them when they should come home. Matt grabbed the phone out of my hands and started yelling and abusing my dad and saying that they we want to pick our daughter up now and if they don't come home then they'll never see her again etc etc etc.

Well, then a bit later my dad rang back and told me to put the phone on speaker so I did. He then started abusing Matt calling him a ****er and never to threaten him again. Then Matt threatened to punch him as soon as he saw him.

Well, then dad hung up. I had a big go at Matt. He kept saying that if my dad gets in his face he's going to put him in hospital. I told him that he's not to do that and when we pick Jazz up he is not to get out of the car. I sent a message to mum telling her I'd told Matt to stay in the car and it would be best for everyone if dad said nothing.

We pulled into a carpark and I got out the car to get some food. I was lining up for ages and then realised that I was too angry and upset to eat so I went back to the car. He apologised. I told him that I'm not the only one he needed to apologise to.

We got to mum & dads and waited outside until they got home. I got out the car as soon as I saw their car coming down the street so that if need be I could try and stop anything.

Dad got out the car and went inside, grabbed most of Jazz's things and put them on the grass and on his way in he said "I never want anything to do with either of you again" Well, that hurt! I said "you can't say that to me, I didn't do anything" he said "I don't want to hear it, don't come here again" Again I said "I didn't do anything wrong, how dare you say that to me" Then he said "fine, I don't anything to do with HIM!"

Mum went in and got the rest of Jazz's stuff, Matt got out the car and asked her to tell my dad that he would like to apologise. Mum said ok and warned him that dad will want to have something to say though.

Dad came out, Matt apologised. (only for me mind you). Dad told him never to speak to him like that again and never to ask for any help with anything again

I'm back at work today. I had Monday & Tuesday off because Jacinta had gastro. Not nice at all.

Danni, I dont know what to say.. What an awful weekend...
    sounds like you were totally caught in the middle of something and nasty stuff was said that should have been (on both parts).
    I hope things have settled down for you all and things are smoother with your parents.

Matt said the other day that from now on mum is welcome in our house whenever she wants, but dad is not. I wonder if he will make exceptions when we have an event at our house, if not then that will make it rather difficult.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast