Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

oh sj.. wish i was closer so i could come help a bit...

maybe you could book mj for the whole day so you can get stuff done and have a little rest. it's so hectic packing for bub and you have to triple check etc.
    yes, poopy thinks it's great fun to pull thngs out when i pack.

poopy has sort of bitten me but not too hard. very sharp those teeth. it's more painful when he comes off, he tends to pull out w te nipple..
    and when he's falling asleep he tends to clamp on a lot harder.

i hope you can have some sleep/rest when you get to the uk, as you'll have someone tehre with you who can look after mj. are your mum and you staying together there?

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz is waking at night again. Over the weekend I think I was up with her 3-4 times a night with her...she has a cold though so that wouldn't be helping.
    Last night she was coughing heaps so I went in to check on her. I tried to get her to have some water but she was still asleep while I was sitting her up and she was still coughing until she layed down and then threw up...she cried after she threw up but was still asleep and every time I let go of her she would lay down...in her pool of vomit. I got Matt to give her a bath (first time he's given her a bath, he didn't want to but it was either that or clean up the bed with the spew...that made the decision easy for him. LOL.

Had a good easter. Jazz has heaps of chocolate. I tried to give her an egg and she mooshed it up, ate the tiniest piece and threw the rest on the floor.
    I think Matt & I will end up eating most of her chocolate.

We got our stimulis thing today so Matt's out looking for a TV cabinet. He got sent home from work early because there isn't much freight due to the easter weekend. Apart from the fact that he's only getting paid for half a day today, it works out well because he hurt his neck on the weekend and has a chiro appointment to fix it tomorrow.

Better go, I have to fix a website.

ohh hope jazz is better soon.. everyone is getting sick

lucky for me poopy doesnt have a sweet tooth, has a spicy tooth instead!
    he's spat out the tiniest bit of choc and cake we wanted him to try over the weekend..

Yeah, Jazz has shared her cold with us. I picked up our flu vax today but the pharmist said to wait until we're over the colds before we get the injections. She said the vax keeps in the fridge for a year but only for 20mins out of the fridge.

Hi all.

Anth has gone down to Wingham today for his medical! So excited, he wasn't sposed to go til next week & couldn't start work til the Monday after. But they rang yesterday & said to go down today, so hopefully he'll be starting this Monday instead of next!!
    The only reason he was starting work the 27th was coz he couldn't get down to Wingham earlier!!

Jesse must be feeling better. Little bugger is still in bed. I would be too, but I can't sleep. I'm feeling a bit crappy now

I hit my head on the door of mum's car yesterday & have a massive lump behind my ear It hurts

Sun is finally out here! Yay! Hope it lasts for a bit. Its been raining for pretty much 2 months straight. Kinda over it! For got how bright that sun is though, lol!

oh skye - hope you're not getting sick... you poor darling.. xoxo
    glad jesse's better tho..
    and so glad to hear teh good news abt anth.

how are you two going? do you think you'll be getting back together or still trialing?

xoxo

Hope Jesse is feeling better.

I left work early. The stupid cold that Jazz lovingly decided to share with me got the better of me today. Only I went out to the shops to waste time because Matt's in the middle of putting a new TV unit together which he'll hopefully finish tonight and the house is a mess and I didn't want to be in the house when I couldn't do anything to fix the mess.
    I had a manny/peddy (my first ever peddy) and did a little shopping.

We're pretty much back together Prama. I still have alot of doubts & issues, but its getting there.

skye - so glad to hear things are getting better, also sounds like you've got your radar out as well. that's wise. xoxoxo

danni - yaay on the peddy. i was supposed to have mine on feb 14 2008.. someone decided to come early and i still havent got one...

I was wanting one before I had Jazz but couldn't afford it. I've always been scared to as well because I have quite ticklish feet and have been know to accidentally kick people in the face and I was worried about doing that. But I didn't even flinch. I wish I'd remembered to bring something to read though.

Hi girls,

Sorry I have been soooo slack in posting.... I have just been so busy with work and then coming home and getting DJ and I organised for the following day. I normally get on facebook more because I can just quickly check things and leave it running while I am doing stuff

SLEEP - DJ is doing really well, FINALLY putting himself to sleep now, what a godsend!! he is in bed between 7:30-8:00pm without fail now, and falls asleep within 5 minutes. He is sleeping through til 5am and has a bottle then sleeps for another 2 hours..or just under. I am trying to stop that bottle, but it is a slow process. Diluting the milk with water so he will eventually not want it and decreasing the amount.
    WALKING - he is walking everywhere now, doesn't like to be carried or put in a pram anymore, and is starting to run so I have to be quick when chasing after him. he doesn't crawl anymore....
    TEETH - arghhh what a painful experience, arghhhh puts you off another one.... haha He has I think 9 now, so going well, I think his eye teeth coming through now.... He is always going for that area.
    COWS MILK - going well with that. I am only using toddler formula for one feed per day and it is normally the night one. But once the tin is finished I will just keep him on cows milk and introduce some vitamins I am trying to drop a milk feed, not sure how because he loves his milk..... What have you done? I know DJ is on too much.... He has 1 formula feed per day (180ml), plus 3 cows milk or rice milk feeds (normally only 160ml). He is FINALLY starting to drink water, but if he sees the bottle he wants it.
    FIRST WORDS - all DJ says is dadda or daddy, and mum when he wants something.... He has alsoe said 'whoah' and is starting to nod his head for yes or no etc
    FOOD - he is eating everything and anything we put in front of him. He prefers to feed himself, starting to not want us feeding him. he just puts his arms up all of the time. So, I will have to start teaching him to feed himself.... Any pointers, would love to know. He does feed himself with finger foods, like bits of this and that. Loves doing it that way...

and me.... I am doing well, back at work 4 days per week now and soooo busy.... Doni is in Townsville, still travelling heaps with work, but not too bad.

Hope you are all well. I will try to get back online this week xxxxx

HI girls sorry its been a while.
    We are doing ok here survived Nick being in the UK for 12 days..just *L* I really do have a much greater admiaraiton for single mums I take my hat off to you all.At first I though oh hey this is ok I can do this..but by the end I was so tired physically and emotionally exhausted ( a good lesson in priorities though too..I do not have to do it all and do it now) WIll was really good but missed Nick and it was beauitful to se him run to his daddy for huge cudles when he got home.
    Nick had agood time though I think it was a real eye opener about how his life used ot be and how much he has changed and his family and friends have not.We really do have an amzing lifestyle out here eat healthy foods get oudoors so much and he says a much healthier attitude to things as well. ( maybe its jsut his family) Anywayhe is home and back in to the old routine.
    Will is getting more teeth and as you guys know full well it can be hellish. He has developed period sof insomina *L we watched the dirty dozen last night till 3.30 am he just cant switch off when he is pain it takes a good while for the neurifen to kick in. We try the complete darkness thing but he seems to relax more if just watching the telly at that time ( not somethign I want to encourage) but hey I was over it *L* I know its just a phase and he is in pain so just have to suck it up.
    My folks are away for 2 weeks playing hockey ( grandpa is a veteran player who has played for AUstralia) am sure its just more of a social scene. but am missing my mum not being here. WHen they get back they will be movign into the house they built behind us and I kind of like the idea of WIll being able to toddle up to theirs and see them when he wants to.
    Me well health wise all my counts are fab..head wise I am a bit screwy a nd emotional..I have tried to come off the AD I have been on since WIll was born ( TMI warning) they seem to have killed my libido and its having an affect on things with Nick.He is extremley patient but the poor buggar can only take so much.( he was awy for nearly 2 weeks and I Missed him so much yet was not the slightest bit interested in sex when he arrived home at all did not go down to well) I need them to keep me level but they just seem to shut everything else off and Ihate it. SO sort of scerwing with my head a little and am going to see Doc to try another type see if the affects are different.
    HOws that for sharing *L* this and huge financial strain atm and things are abit ordinary.
    I have been reading posts and sorry havent replied you guys have been in my thoughts and I am glad you are all doing ok.SOrry no reply for personals today just needed to off load a little but will get back onto posting regulalry.
    Love to all
    Bron x

Jazz has learnt what shaking her head means and now does it when she doesn't want to do what she's told. Also, earlier today my BIL & FIL were over and me and BIL were sitting in the lounge. I told Jazz off about something and she gave me this look which has me and BIL in stitches. It was a real wide eyed "how dare you tell me off" look, cute but very naughty

Jazz put herself to sleep again last night at 7pm for Matt who had to take care of her while I was out partying for my aunty's 40th. And tonight she did it again! I'm so happy.

Hi girls,

thought I would touch base.... Doni was made redundant yesterday it shook me up.... I have been depressed.... now have to go back to work 5 days per week, Doni is going to look after DJ 2 days per week. Still putting DJ into daycare for 2 days, and my stepmum will still look after him one day per week as well.... I have been so down in the dumps since last night... Doni has had one networking contact talk to him about an opportunity but I don't want to get my hopes up. I know we will be fine, but he hasn't even updated his CV.... that is the first thing I would do.... I have never been out of work so wouldn't know what it feels like.... He got a good payout which is good, but only to pay off credit card debt and last a few months..... arghhhhh

How is everyone anyway?

Shellxx

Oh Shell **** **** **** I am so sorry to hear this what a shock for you guys.How is Doni handling it..what sort of work does he do the contact sounds promising. Lots of positive thoughts your way hun an sure something will come your way.xx

OMG Shell, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he finds something really soon. What was he doing? It's good that he's going to look after DJ a couple of days a week though.

Matt might lose his job if he doesn't get a bigger van, we've just asked my dad to go guarantor on a loan for us to get a bigger van, he's going to talk to mum about it and get back to us.

Oh shell, thats so crap I hope you are doing OK, keeping everything crossed for you Take care of yourself

Bron great to hear from you, Hope Will is starting to feel better soon, poor little man.

Right well, i am off to England TOMORROW - totally unprepared still, well, im sort of getting there, packe all the nappies, and clothes, triple checked the passports and tickets. Sorted my other wallet... so much so that when i went to get dinner today i had no cash and no CCards as they were in the travelling wallet - didnt i feel like an idiot, had to dash back home and get it then go back for the food!
    I have 3 lists for tomorrow...
    to do
    to buy
    to pack
    and they kep getting longer! cant seem to cross anything off!!!
    Dropping MJ at FDC for 4 ours tomorrow, so heading straight to the shops with my lists and hoping to get it all done in less time than that!

Anyone got ny ideas of snacks i cant take for mJ on the plane... i have sultanas, plain biscuits, kids sweet biscuits and some rusks. I want a really good selection as i figure that at times i may be able to distract her with food, especially on the 14 hour leg.... ahhh i cant even get excited about the holiday as i am so worried about the flight - i dont normally streess much so this is quite new for me

Anyway sorry for the ramblings, i should go and do more stuff

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast