Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #10

Yay Bec!! Congrats! How Exciting!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and happy new year!!

Congrats Bec!!! I was wondering who would be the first one in here!

We had a lovely christmas and new year with the kids getting a million presents and eating way too much! Nic is well and truly on the move and crawls so fast now! He has been pulling himself up on the furniture for a while now, and has decided he is a big boy now and can stand on his own! I keep telling him that he is still a baby and to get back down! He just grins at me. I am not ready for him to grow up yet! That's about it really, just going along, managing the school holidays and hanging around the house as much as possible in this heat.

Glad to see everyone is going great. xx

Oh Congrats Bec! What wonderful news!

Jo, wow at Nics picture. He looks so grown up! Claire is growing up too fast too

Well Claire has decided she likes to say baba and dada. I'm still waiting for mama.
    We got her some cute little tshirts the other day. One them says 'daddys little princess' on it. She is such a princess.

We also went to have a look at the family day care place and we've decided we liked the place and the lady was lovely too. So, once I get my work thing sorted out Claire will be going there while I work. At the moment I am hoping to work just 2 or 3 days a week but its proving to be difficult to get them to agree to this arrangment for more than about 2 months. They want me back full time, but its just not going to happen at this stage. I dont want to go back full time. I was supposed to call my boss before Xmas, but I couldnt and now he is on holidays. So, if I cant arrange for part time work, I'll probably just get Claire into FDC for maybe one day a week, just so she gets to spend time with other kids and I get a day off to study!

Well hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Wow... CONGRATULATIONS Bec!!! I've been toying with the decision for a while now but not 100% sure yet so needless to say nothing has been done in that respect...lol. How exciting though! Let us know how you go and how it feels with a little bubba and being pg etc.

I can't believe how all our little bubs are growing up so fast! Jo, Nic looks so cute.

Karina, that is great. Joshua was in FDC and I really liked it - apart from the fact it was because I had to go back to work that is...hehe.

Oskar has just started to work out how to move around on his bum... legs out in front then bending them and dragging himself to things that way. He just about has the 3rd tooth and still yells out MUUUUM when he's tired or hungry. He's a cheeky little munchkin and makes me laugh with his funny little antics.

YAY!!! COngratulations Bec! I hope that I can join you soon enough - but AF hasn't returned yet, and no longer breast-feeding. Tested yesterday (just to see!) , and it was negative, so just have to keep waiting.

Just wanted to say congratulations to Bec!

I have a question for you all ? I received an email from another site saying your nine month old 2nd week.....he should be starting to pulll him self up ect....BUT he isnt even crawling yet, I remenber all my others were by his age, when do I start to worry, is everyone else's little ones crawling yet? thanx for that

Hey everyone,thanks! It was quick (only just stopped the pill recently) but we're happy about it.

OMG I forgot how tired you get at the beginning! I went to sleep while S slept this morning and when he woke it felt like I had literally just closed my eyes... it was 1.5 hours later!! Anyway, not feeling too sick yet so hopefully that's a good omen, although it's such early days it's hard to say.

Ali, good luck, and you know, just because AF isn't there doesn't mean it won't happen

Cass, S is cheeky too. He knows now that there's things we don't want him to do (like try and grab the cats' tails) and so he goes up to do it, and then turns around to grin at us. It's hard to keep a straight face!

Mel, S only started crawling at 9 months 2 weeks. He is only now (at 10 months 1 week) starting to try and pull himself up. He can stand up if we hold him up but he's a long way from getting there by himself. They're all different. I don't think Cooper is backward at all!

Jo, I know what you mean about growing up fast. I can't believe S will be 1 in less than two months!

Well, just finished washing nappies, so I'm off to hang them out - one good thing about the warm weather is that they dry quickly! I also just started using cloth wipes, and I can totally recommend them. I cut up an old flannellette sheet, so it's nice and soft, and they work really well. Since we would go through about 160 wipes in under two weeks, it's going to save us quite a bit of money.

Have a good week everyone!

Mel, I wouldn't worry. Oskar isn't crawling and doesn't even roll over even though he can. In fact he quite dislikes anything other than sitting!! Having older brothers and sisters can make a difference as well, they get things done for them..lol.

Bec, hopefully that's a good omen! Thinking of you.

Mel, I remember seeing a post by another member (Snacks) whos little girl wasnt crawling yet at I think 10 months. Theres also a baby in my mums group who also wasnt crawling at 10 months. Claire is crawling though. Is Cooper getting up on all fours?

Hello took the kids to Magnetic Island today and I got sooooo sunburnt, typical made sure the kids were literally slathered in the stuff and forgot about little old me. everyone seems a little sunkissed tonight though - I hate going out in the middle of the day but it's hard to avoid when you're on an island all day :-) Ari is really starting to want to walk - she took her first unprompted steps today (a whole 2) before falling down - it is so amazing how much she WANTS to walk - my son couldn't have given 2 hoots about walking we had to push him all the way.

Mel - I thnk the usual concenus is if there not crawling by 12mths it could indicate a delay but as Cass said sometimes having older siblings means they don't have the need to crawl as much - it also depends on their personality. Ari was itching to crawl from the day she was born :-) She also started pulling up on things the same time she started to crawl. My son didn't start crawling until 10mth and that was with an awlful lot of encouragement but he has a developmental delay. However one of my friends little boys didn't crawl until he was nearly 11mth and he has no issues with development??? Each little bundle is their own little person I suppopse. I bet he will start this week just because you've mentioned it :-)

Bec - Oh sending you lots of ANTI-MS vibes (brrr that is def one thing that helps when I think about having another - 10mth of ms - yuck!)

Karina - that's awesome that the daycare is good! we have been taking Ari this week and staying with her just so she can gete used to the ladies there - she loves it! So many new things to play with. She ws a little overwhelmed by the other kids but we haven't been to many playgroups. Bugger about work - mine are similar in that they will only put me on part-time this year and then I have to reconsider for next year. hope you work it out.

Well off to a course fot the next four days -MIL is looking after the kids - should be interesting will fill you in more about the saga at a later time (ie when she has gone home :-)

Thanx for al;l your replies, maybe because he only has to squeal for something and the kids get it for him, might improve when school goes back. Finally we have a sunnyday here in Brissy and can get some washing done, not that I feel like it though. I got my DD booklist for next year in the mail today and I can't beleive she is grade 8 this year HIGH SCHOOL time really does fly..........anyway must go can here the banging upstairs so off to investigate what they are up to.

A huge congrats to Bec!!! I wish you smooth sailing and a wonderful birth!

Heylo to all the other wonderful ladies in here (sorry i've been negleting you - been quite busy) Glad to hear all the babies are growing up crawling, standing, talking! There's only another 2 months and we will be celebrating their first birthday!!!

Ok, where do i start to catch you all up. . . Izzy is such a hoot to be around - even at 6oclock in the morning she has me smiling! We're crawling around everywhere know! So we've had to baby proof the house! This is quite a task just when i think its all done she finds something else to get into lol! Izzy's pulling her self up on furniture now too to stand up she thinks she so clever when she does this!

Oh boy can Izzy talk! I think she is going to be like her mother and talk under dry cement! lol! Few words she can say off hand are - mum, dad, izzy, hello, bub, ta, nan, pop - She can also wave her hands, clap, and is almost able to put her thumb up like when u say cool dude). And has 4 teeth with 2 more top ones comming through now. . .

Our eldest son is doing well he goes to school in a couple of weeks! (It's going to be quiet around here with just me and izzy) He went on his first plane trip up to townsville over christmas - and had a ball! Just had a wonderful time up in townsville too!

My bout of sickness just before christmas turned out to be a Gall Stone Attack - They have refered me to a surgeon and i will be getting my Gall Bladder removed. Which sounds quite scary - But in the mean time just got to have a non-fat diet and small meals. . . (which didnt work over christmas lolz)

Anyways i better be off! Gotta go put the gates up and let the child out to play hehe - Oh more photos up on photobucket enjoy

And i just wanna add - Thank you girls! For a fantastic year an half - Your support, help and friendship is very much appreciated!
    Last edited by Catastrophic; January 8th, 2008 at 06:28 AM.

hey sarah - just read that you went to riverway - we were going to go there. But then Iz feel asleep then loc. so we didn't end up going how was it?

Cass, Iz looks so cute! Glad it's all going well. What a bummer about gall stones!! I've heard they're painful.

Just quickly wanted to let you all know I've updated pics... 15 new ones in fact... so in album 6 months + pics number 15 on are the new ones Oh and tooth number 3 is through now...and he's grinding them together!!! GROSS! Gotta go, someone is tired.

birthyourway Guest

Default second baby due March 11th

Hi Everyone,
    My second baby is due in March.My son is only 22months old and I am nervous that he won't cope well with a new baby.Also I am finding myself to be very emotional at the moment is anyone else feeling like this?

Time for a new thread everyone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678